Dr. Robert Ramirez, MD

Dr. Robert Ramirez, MD

Allergy & Immunology  ·
Dr. Robert Ramirez, MD is an allergy & immunology specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from UNIVERSITY OF PUERTO RICO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE in 2003 and specializes in allergy & immunology, allergy, and more.Read his story

8285 Fredericksburg Rd

San Antonio, TX 78229

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Centene

Learn about Dr. Ramirez

See how frequently Dr. Ramirez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Allergic Reaction
Allergic Rhinitis
Pollen Allergy

Dr. Ramirez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ramirez's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ramirez "Many moons ago, back when I was an altar boy, I wanted to be a priest when I grew up. But my passion for science and medicine is what eventually put me where I am today. Interestingly, these two careers are not that different from each other. In both one is at the service of others. In both one has to be a good listener to be able to empathize. In both one is able to touch other people's lives and make a difference. Having trained at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (American Council for Graduate Medical Education accredited school), followed by training at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio and then University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, I have had the experience of caring for very diverse cultures and patient demographics. This in turn I feel has made me better prepared to handle different presentations of both common and unusual diseases, as well as helped me better understand the role that personal beliefs and cultural backgrounds plays in a person's own perspective of their condition. This in turn helps me try to achieve better patient-centered care. Besides taking care of patients, I actively participate in clinical research studies. I have been able to publish articles and presented clinical data on unusual allergic diseases on different journals and national meetings. "

This content was provided by Dr. Ramirez "As an allergy patient myself, I strive to do my best everyday in caring for my patients allergic conditions, with dedication and compassion.  I strongly believe in patient-centered care, where I tailor my diagnostic testing, education and treatment plan according to each individual medical and personal needs.  "

• Allergy & Immunology

• University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • University of Texas Medical Branch
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Ramirez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ramirez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ramirez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ramirez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ramirez

Dr. Ramirez?
Dr. Ramirez's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Ramirez, MD
The one thing that came out of the visit with Dr Ramirez was that he identified a nasal polyp. Not knowing anything about it, I didn't give it much thought. Now I went to an ENT recently and found out that this nasal polyp has been obstructing my sinuses. I even have bone disintegration which could...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ramirez, MD?
I have had the worst allergies for years. My coughing was so terrible and embarrassing- it could clear an airport. Really! I travel for a living. I was referred to Dr Ramirez by a friend. THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE. I think about Dr R 3 times a year - because that’s when I suffer from symptoms...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ramirez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ramirez?