Dr. Robert Quadro, MD

Hematology & Oncology | Male

Dr. Robert Quadro, MD
I am a 7th generation Californian, having descended from one of the early Californiano families in Monterey county. My grandparents were migrant farm workers. From a young age, they taught me the importance of family, hard work, and a strong faith in God. In my senior year of high school, I was blessed with the opportunity to spend a year in Brazil as an exchange student. While there, I was able to spend time observing a Brazilian physician. After watching him in action, I developed my lifelong interest in medicine and Latin American culture. I have continued to pursue these complementary interests, as my wife and I lead annual medical mission trips to Guatemala and Honduras with students from UC Davis. After medical school at UC Irvine and residency at UC Davis, I joined Mercy Medical Group where I have been privileged to practice medicine for over 30 years. I am married to Kathleen, a family practice physician who works in Urgent Care (also here at Mercy). Together we have three awesome sons and four beautiful grandchildren at the time of this writing. My interests are in teaching (I teach regularly at the UC Davis School of Medicine), cycling, reading, and music.

Dr. Quadro's Care Philosophy

Cancer- it is perhaps one of the most frightening words in the English language. I pursued a career in Oncology because I was passionate about helping people through the complex journey that begins with that word. I often liken it to being hit by a tidal wave—so much information to assimilate, so many life-altering decisions, all in such a short time. My goal is to help patients and family really understand the disease they face and the treatment options available. I see my job as being one part teacher, one part life coach and one part cheerleader. I hope to bring my patients not only my expertise, but also my compassion and understanding. Facing cancer and undergoing cancer treatment requires huge coping skills from both the patient and their support system. I seek to bolster and support that in any way I can. Finally, cancer treatment is not always decided once for the entire course of treatment—there are usually "bumps in the road". This can include side effects from treatment, unexpected relapses, and the need to alter the course of therapy. These are what we call transitions in care and it is important to explain and support people are they undergo these difficult transitions. A patient once remarked to me that "knowledge is power." I seek to impart the knowledge that allows patients and families to feel empowered as they face this difficult set of diseases.

Dr. Quadro's Experience

See how Dr. Quadro's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Quadro

Dr. Quadro accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Quadro is now accepting new patients

Dr. Quadro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quadro to family and friends
    based on 9 total reviews (1 with a comment)
    Dr. Quadro's Performance
    in Sacramento, CA |
    Dr. Quadro was kind, patient and read my entire history prior to my first appointment. I was so impressed with his down to earth explanations to complicated procedures and potential outcomes. He is terrific and I am not as frightened about my health.
    Have you seen Dr. Robert Quadro, MD?
    Are you Dr. Quadro?

Dr. Quadro says...

Dr. Quadro's Care Philosophy

Dr. Quadro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hematology & Oncology
    •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology

Dr. Quadro has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Quadro's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
    • Brain Cancer
    • Breast Cancer
    • Cervical Cancer
    • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
    • Colorectal Cancer
    • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
    • ENT Cancer
    • Esophageal Cancer
    • Gynecologic Cancer
    • Hodgkin's Disease
    • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
    • Liver Cancer
    • Lung Cancer
    • Lymphosarcoma
    • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
    • Melanoma
    • Stomach Cancer
    • Stomach Diseases
    • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
    • Testicular Cancer
    • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
    • Thrombocytosis

University California Davis Medical Center

Completed in 1981

University Calif Davis Med Center

Completed in 1984

Dr. Quadro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quadro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hematology & Oncology