Dr. Robert Quadro, MD

Dr. Robert Quadro, MD

Hematology & Oncology  ·
Dr. Robert Quadro, MD is a hematology & oncology specialist in Sacramento, CA and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from University Of California, Irvine, College Of Medicine in 1978 and specializes in hematology & oncology and oncology.Read his story

3301 C St

Sacramento, CA 95816

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Shield of California
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group

Learn about Dr. Quadro

See how frequently Dr. Quadro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Quadro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Quadro's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Quadro "I am a 7th generation Californian, having descended from one of the early Californiano families in Monterey county. My grandparents were migrant farm workers. From a young age, they taught me the importance of family, hard work, and a strong faith in God. In my senior year of high school, I was blessed with the opportunity to spend a year in Brazil as an exchange student. While there, I was able to spend time observing a Brazilian physician. After watching him in action, I developed my lifelong interest in medicine and Latin American culture. I have continued to pursue these complementary interests, as my wife and I lead annual medical mission trips to Guatemala and Honduras with students from UC Davis. After medical school at UC Irvine and residency at UC Davis, I joined Mercy Medical Group where I have been privileged to practice medicine for over 30 years. I am married to Kathleen, a family practice physician who works in Urgent Care (also here at Mercy). Together we have three awesome sons and four beautiful grandchildren at the time of this writing. My interests are in teaching (I teach regularly at the UC Davis School of Medicine), cycling, reading, and music."

This content was provided by Dr. Quadro "Cancer- it is perhaps one of the most frightening words in the English language. I pursued a career in Oncology because I was passionate about helping people through the complex journey that begins with that word. I often liken it to being hit by a tidal wave—so much information to assimilate, so many life-altering decisions, all in such a short time. My goal is to help patients and family really understand the disease they face and the treatment options available. I see my job as being one part teacher, one part life coach and one part cheerleader. I hope to bring my patients not only my expertise, but also my compassion and understanding. Facing cancer and undergoing cancer treatment requires huge coping skills from both the patient and their support system. I seek to bolster and support that in any way I can. Finally, cancer treatment is not always decided once for the entire course of treatment—there are usually "bumps in the road". This can include side effects from treatment, unexpected relapses, and the need to alter the course of therapy. These are what we call transitions in care and it is important to explain and support people are they undergo these difficult transitions. A patient once remarked to me that "knowledge is power." I seek to impart the knowledge that allows patients and families to feel empowered as they face this difficult set of diseases."

• Hematology & Oncology

• Genetic Screening for Breast Cancer
  • Genetic Testing
  • Ovarian Genetic Testing
  • Plasmapheresis

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California, Irvine, College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
  • University California Davis Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • University California Davis Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • University Calif Davis Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Quadro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Quadro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Quadro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Quadro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Quadro to family and friends
9 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Quadro's Performance

Dr. Quadro was kind, patient and read my entire history prior to my first appointment. I was so impressed with his down to earth explanations to complicated procedures and potential outcomes. He is terrific and I am not as frightened about my health.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0