Dr. Robert I. Prince, MD

Dr. Robert I. Prince, MD

Anesthesiology | Male

Center For Pain Management 533 E County Line Rd Ste 201, Greenwood, IN 46143 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I believe in a teamwork approach to care in which the patients and physician work together to achieve the best possible outcomes.Read more

Dr. Prince's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Prince's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Prince

Dr. Prince accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Prince has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Prince's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Prince to family and friends
3.2
Experience with Dr. Prince
Dr. Prince's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (54)
Franklin, IN |
I had 4 appointments now & feel comfortable giving a thorough & honest review. I had concerns at the 1st visit when he interrupted me & would not listen to what I was saying. I had to explain the problem in my back 5 times because he kept interrupting, making assumptions and I would have to start again. I finally chose to have a procedure and it was a nightmare. He didn't numb one side and yelled at me when I showed signs of being in pain. He then stormed off answering 0 questions. Egotistical
in Greenwood, IN |
I was referred to Dr. Prince but my PCP. This was ridiculous! I have never met a doctor with such terrible bedside manners, cuts you off while you're trying to talk, and thinks he knows everything! I do not recommend going to this doctor, run, run as far away from him as possible.
in Loogootee, IN |
Do not recommend Dr. Prince. My mom had excruciating pain in her back & both knees. After 6 mths (& many rounds of injections & nerve burning in her back) she still had no relief. He weaned her off of her stronger pain medication, even though she was still in excruciating pain and he basically treated her like she was an addict!! His demeanor at times was rude, arrogant, argumentative, & uncompassionate. She had back surgery in July and is now almost pain free – no thanks to Dr. Prince!
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Prince has been my Doctor for over 5 years. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for him. He is compassionate and understanding. He takes the time to listen to me. He put my spinal implant in three years ago and my life has changed so much thanks to him. I have not been the easiest patient sometimes but Dr. Prince never gave up on me. I can't thank him enough for what he has done for me. THANKS DR. PRINCE for the great care you have provided!!
in Indianapolis, IN |
This "doctor" refused to get my husband a new MRI when his last one was 8 years ago, and insisted this nerve burning thing was the only answer to his pain. He took him off of all of his pain meds and basically told him he was imagining all of his pain. I finally took him to Interventional Physicians of Indiana. In the MRI and x-rays they ordered for him, they discovered cervical stenosis and a compression fracture in his spine. He needs surgery, immediately. What a joke.
in Indianapolis, IN |
This guy is so full of himself....disagreeing with every other pain doctor that has ever treated me, telling me how they are all incompetent and the treatments were malpractice and criminal. He sets you up like this so he can get a series of injections out of you, or implant devices in your spine, even though 8 other pain doctors have tried all these things. He doesn't listen at all. Find a real doctor somewhere else.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Would not recommend. He demands getting spine injections and there are no other options. He said these would cure pain but those on the internet say otherwise. I was in tears in his office trying to get some pain relief but he refused anything except injections.
in Columbus, IN |
Completely unreasonable, derogatory towards other doctors and their treatments, uses expensive injections into the spine whether they have worked or not, is completely opposed to the use of even low doses of painkillers, and is basically a jerk. Cannot strongly enough recommend staying away from this joke. Took months to get in, and the office said they did not have my medical records even though they had been hand delivered to the office
in Indianapolis, IN |
It's his way or the highway. The man did not discuss the problems I was referred for. He decided I had fibromyalgia for which there are only a few treatments and none were for me. I live in constant pain and he has no solution. If you check his prior positions, he only stays in them for a few years. This raises a red flag.
Egocenticial, narcissistic and lacks empathy and knows it all. He didn't seem to care about prior methods of treatment or care or the diagnostic treatments that worked well in the past. He is all about it being his way or the highway, compassion and intuition is a must in the medical field and each patient is different and also deserving of individualism. You can't base statistics off of every single individual as he was implicating the most in the hypothetical care plan, he thought would work!
in Indianapolis, IN |
I've continued to have neck & back pain after being rear-ended in a car accident over a year ago - I had gone to many doctors before contacting Dr. Prince. Then I visited Dr. Prince who was able to assess a pain management treatment plan that has really been working for me! He's an excellent physician who takes time to thoroughly evaluate my progress each visit and answer all my questions. I'd highly recommend this doctor- he will really help you to become pain free!
Willow Grove, PA |
As a patient of Dr. Prince for several years for treatment of both back and leg pain issues, I am very grateful for his consistent success in relieving my suffering. His compassion and patience while I explained all of my concerns was impressive. I always refer Dr. Prince to my family and friends whenever they seek help for similar pain issues.
Indianapolis, IN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Prince. I am so grateful to him for successfully treating my back pain. I now understand why Dr. Prince is rated one of the top docs in Indianapolis. I felt that Dr. Prince treated me as if I were one of his own family members. He is definitely a competent and caring physician.
in Indianapolis, IN |
I read some of the other posts before posting. My experience was great, pain meds until he could burn little nerves in my back which worked and I only have a little pain left now. I think people who think the doctor doesn't listen is because he won't give them the drugs they want. He was cautious with me too. This is definitely not the place to go to get doped up, but if you are looking to get fixed, he is really good at that!
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Prince has been very pleasant at every visit. He is was patient and took the time to explain alternative things other than medication for my pain. I have had injections and physical therapy, both of these were something past doctors never even suggested. Dr. Prince has taken my pain level from a 8 down to a 1 most days I can go with no pain.
Indianapolis, IN |
Thanks to this Dr., I have felt better and had less pain than I have had in years. He helped to get me off of some medication that another Dr. had me hooked on and helped me to understand that there were other options to treat my pain. That worked! I would recommend him to my friends and family!
in Indianapolis, IN |
Very inpatient. Does not listen fully before he decides to answer questions. Seems he likes to argue more than listen. Promises you one think in one appt and the next not so much. I left his office after a visit for withdrawals from medications he placed me on and did nothing to help me. Said he would give me medication to help and did not. Basically said this patient/doctor relationship has ended. He seems like he likes to brag about his history more than what he can do for you to help.BAD
in Indianapolis, IN |
He does not listen to his patients. I have had several pain issues - due to my back and internal problems. He is already made up his mind and when questioning something. He talks down to his patients and will not listen to what you have to say. Need not to see him unless you want to have someone not listen to you!
in Greenwood, IN |
Been to him 3 different times, and when I went to the office he was always in a hurry to leave, never listens to my concerns, does not look over all my paper work or cd's I take in the office for him to look at, and when trying to explain something in will start just talking over me. He has not done anything for my pain at all, blames all my pain on all my other doctors and smoking. He is just wasting Medicare and Medicaid's money.
in Mooresville, IN |
overpriced, inadequate time spent, save yourself
Have you seen Dr. Robert I. Prince, MD?
Are you Dr. Prince?

• Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Pump Implant
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

No malpractice history found for Indiana.

Milton S. Hershey College Of Medicine

Johns Hopkins Hospitals

Completed in 1990

Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Prince has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Prince does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Prince and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Prince's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Prince

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Prince's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Prince

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Prince's Care Philosophy