Dr. Robert Poston, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery •  Male • Age 52

Dr. Poston

601 Hamilton Ave Trenton, NJ 08629

Dr. Robert Poston, MD is a Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialist in Trenton, NJ. Dr. Poston has more experience with Cardiac Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Mountain View Regional Medical Center and Saint Francis Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Poston to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Cardiothoracic Surgery in your area

See similar Cardiothoracic Surgery in Trenton

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Poston accepts

Dr. Poston accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
QualCare PPO
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Cardiac Surgery

Cardiac surgery, or heart surgery, is performed to treat issues related to the heart, including congenital defects or damage caused by other conditions, such as blocked arteries or arrhythmias.Compare with other Cardiac Surgery specialists.

Typically treats 51% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery

Dr. Poston performs Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery more than 75% of their peers

Dr. Poston performs this procedure more than 75% of their peers

Heart Surgery

Dr. Poston performs Heart Surgery more than 67% of their peers

Dr. Poston performs this procedure more than 67% of their peers

Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Dr. Poston performs Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary) more than 49% of their peers

Dr. Poston performs this procedure more than 49% of their peers

• Arrhythmias
  • Arterial Catheterization With Robotic Assistance
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
  • Coronary Artery Bypass With Robotic Assistance
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Coronary Cathertization With Robotic Assistance
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Surgery
  • Heart Tumors, Benign
  • Hernia Repair
  • Impella Device
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Maze Procedure
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Mitral Valve Surgery
  • Non-Invasive Mechanical Ventilation With Robotic Assistance
  • Open Heart Valvuloplasty of Mitral Valve Without Replacement With Robotic Assistance
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thoracoscopic Drainage of Pleural Cavity With Robotic Assistance
  • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Robert Poston, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Poston's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Poston

Dr. Poston?
Wonderful outcome after deciding to go with robotic assisted cardiac bypass surgery.... Will recommend DR. Poston highly for anyone interested in advanced technology and doing away with traditional bypass surgery and all its harshness (cutting sternum and rib spreading. I was out of the hospital in 4 days
Mark Constantine in North Kingstown, RI – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
This doctor was the only one that explained all the options to me, including the robotic option. Other surgeons that I saw only mentioned the procedure that splits open the chest. It is obvious that any patient would want to know about lesser invasive options. I am grateful that Dr. Poston has started his practice in New Mexico.
Las Cruces – Mar 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
My surgery was an emergency and complicated by other underlying conditions that became apparent after the surgery. Not only is Dr. Poston a highly skilled surgeon, but he is a kind, compassionate, and caring person. With his surgical skills, he repaired my mitral valve and did a triple bypass. My other conditions required several specialists and I requested Dr. Poston to be the doctor in charge since I have such confidence in him. He coordinated the whole team to oversee my recovery
Lakewood, NJ – Sep 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
Dr. Poston is an excellent heart surgeon and wonderful human being. I had robotic by-pass surgery and it went very well. Dr. Poston came everyday to see how I was doing . I also liked that he did not make the surgery an emergency. I am very pro active with my health care, and I was very fortunate that I went to St. Frances Hospital and got Dr. Robert Poston to do my surgery.
Ralph Zelman in Hightstown, NJ – Aug 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
I had robotic cardiac bypass surgery (at 64) with Dr. Poston in August 2012, at the University Medical Center (University of Arizona). I know all about what happened to him (all politics), and I want to recommend him for every reason one can possibly consider. Every one. He was an angel to me, and as a two-time cancer survivor (2 surgeries at MD Anderson), I am in awe of this wonderful person and awesome surgeon! He is truly in the league with Ben Carson; Tucson's loss is New Jersey's gain.
George Heiner in Bisbee, AZ – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
Dr. Poston did 4 robotic bypasses on my dad who was 83. Two days in the hospital. Playing golf two weeks later. Gave my dad his cell phone number. Always returns his calls. Still checking on him almost 3 years later. What other doctor does this? At 85, my dad shot 69 at PDS country club to make a big news splash.
Jeff B in Sierra Vista, AZ – Jul 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
My husband found out that he needed heart surgery and was referred to Dr. Poston. He gave my husband hope and a new lease on life, both physically and emotionally after he informed my husband that he would be a good candidate for robotic heart surgery. He assured him that it would be his choice to select the traditional form of surgery or the robotic. My husband chose the robotic surgery and has never regretted it. He was out of the hospital within a week and onl
diane in Tucson, AZ – Jun 30, 2016
John B in Sierra Vista, AZ – Jun 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
Dr. Poston did my surgery May 2013. 3 months and 1 day after surgery I was in the ring competing again. I earned 5 State Titles last year. This year, as of today, I am #2 in World Standings. I will be competing for World Championship in July. If it were not for Dr. Poston I would not be competing at all.
JoAnne Cormier in Sierra Vista, AZ – Jun 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
Dr. Poston performed a robotic bypass on me 4 years ago and I could not be happier with the results. In this day and age, a surgeon who is willing to provide his cell phone number with his patients and ask them to call 24/7 with problems is truly exceptional. This is a one of a kind surgeon.
Kent Smith in Sierra Vista, AZ – Jun 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
Dr. Poston had reviewed all of my dad's medical records before his consult, gave my dad his cell phone number, explained every step of the operation and follow-up care and treated my dad as a valued and respected member of the team. He did a flawless operation and made sure my dad was taken care of and recovered well by spending the night with him in the ICU. I would recommend Dr. Poston unconditionally to any patient.
Andi in Caen, P – May 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
I had a robotic valve repair done by Dr. Poston. Everything went great and I was back to full activities in 3 weeks. My neighbor had surgery at U Penn and took 3 times as long to recover. I really believe that robotic, less invasive is amazing.
Trenton, NJ – May 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
Very committed to his patients. He did my robotic bypass five years ago. Since then whenever I have had a question related to my cardiac health he has always returned my call.
Larry in Rhode Island – Feb 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
I have known Dr. Robert Poston for over 25 years, and can attest to his excellence in medicine. I have consulted with Dr. Poston about my 101 year old mother during the time I have known him and he has always been very helpful and supportive. He is thorough in his assessments, communicates the options carefully and thoroughly, and has always followed up appropriately without exception. Dr. Poston gives his patients his personal cell phone number and he has saved us several unnecessary trips
Linda Chapman in Redwoalley, CA – Feb 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
Very gifted surgeon who cares a lot about the patient and their family. He spent countless hours with me before and after surgery, explaining a complicated surgery in ways that I could easily understand. I traveled from Arizona to come to Trenton, NJ in the winter in order to have surgery by Dr. Poston. Several of my neighbors in Arizona had surgery by him when he was at the University of Arizona. They all said - if you need heart surgery, go see Dr. Poston. Their advice was correct.
Tom in Terrance – Feb 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
Minimally invasive surgery was something that I was not aware of being available in this area. I thought it was only offered in places like NYCity or Philadelphia. I met Dr. Poston and underwent a less invasive valve surgery. As he suggested, I recovered quickly with 3 days in the hospital and was back to work in 3 weeks. There was almost no blood loss, which I am told a very important advantage of this method. It was nice to avoid a prolonged anemia like my mother had after open heart.
Feb 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
I really liked doctor Poston but I also got a sense that there was a whole team of people behind him that contributed to my excellent outcome. From the first day that I saw him in the clinic for my assessment for surgery, it was apparent that the entire team was working hard together with a very high morale. Clearly, they recognize that they are involved in something special. They have the only robotic heart surgery program in New Jersey.
Jan 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?
I have been in the nursing profession for over 30 years and have never met a surgeon like Dr. Poston. From beginning to the end, Dr. Poston was kind, compassionate, and visible. He made rounds daily himself, not sending an assistant or another surgeon. On the post op visit, he also was there to conduct the post op exam. He went above and beyond, by giving my friend his personal cell phone number and answering it. Thank you for renewing my faith in surgeons.
Linda Gustenhoven Patterson in Allentown, NJ – Dec 29, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Poston, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Poston?

My philosophy is to avoid the traditional sternum splitting procedure (i.e. saw open the chest) if the same exact cardiac surgical procedure can be done without compromising the long term surgical result (that is true for about half of all patients r...Read more

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

• Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery

University Of California @ San
University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
University Of California @ San
1997
Stanford University School Of Medici

More Information

• Does Dr. Poston communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Poston communicates via email

• Does Dr. Poston offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Poston offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Poston offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Poston offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Poston have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Poston has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Poston offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Poston offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Poston offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Poston offers evening visits