General Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Plummer, MD
Dr. Robert Plummer, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Bronx, NY. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Plummer is affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center.

176 E Mosholu Pkwy S

Bronx, NY 10458

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Plummer

Dr. Plummer's Experience

Dr. Plummer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Burn Injuries
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cystectomy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Orchiectomy
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Harlem Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Harlem Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Harlem Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Plummer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Plummer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Plummer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Plummer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Plummer to family and friends
Dr. Plummer's Performance
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Plummer and his staff are fantastic and truly make you feel cared for. They are kind and provide the help you need to feel comfortable. I had surgery done at Montefiore Hutch by Dr. Plummer and it was an easy experience where I also felt fully cared for. Highly recommend.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr Plummer was a humble and very proffesional person and took very good care of
in Bronx, NY |
Good doctor,I'm very glad he did my surgery
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Plummer was very caring since right before the surgery and came to see me everyday during my hospital stay there after. He was very attentive to my healing process and addressed any concerns i may have had. The staff is very polite and professional making it a very comfortable environment I would highly recommend him.
in BRONX. NY |
I met with Dr. Plummer Partner Dr. J. Aniukwu at the hospital ER. He was confident and courteous to me as he explain my diagnose and treatment. Right away I knew I could trust him to do my surgery. Dr. J Aniujwu operated on me and I was home the next day after my gallbladder was removed. I had no complication and was discharge from the hospital the next day. Wow. I just had to hug and kiss him to tell him thanks. I follow up at the office twice with Dr, Plummer and was discharge.
in Bronx, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Plummer. He preform surgery on my mom,& happy to say Dr. Plummer's the very best.
Bronx, NY |
Dr Plummer recently performed a hernia repair after I suffered a strangulated hernia, which almost cost me my life. So with that being said........ Dr Plummer saved my life. The care I received before and post surgery was the absolute best! Along with his partner Dr. Aniukwu and all of his caring nurses and staff at his Bronx office, I can honestly say Dr.Plummer is one of the best surgeons I've dealt with. If your having any kind of issues I highly recommend Dr.Plummer
Bronx, NY |
I definitely would not recommend going to Dr. Plummer. He performed an unsuccessful surgery on my rectal area which was extremely painful to recover from (6-8 weeks). After healing, he informed me that I needed another surgery because he made an "over sight" and a "mistake." I suffered in recovery for nothing and definitely would advise that you find another surgeon in Westchester where the doctors are sensitive to your situation as opposed to rushing you directly into surgery.
in Bronx, NY |
I had surgery 2 weeks ago. He handled my surgery with great care. I'm healing nicely and had no severe pain after surgery. I would highly recommend his services without hesitation. He is thorough and follows up with his patients. Dr.Plummer is professional and cares about his patients.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr Plummer is, in my opinion, the best doctor I have ever been treated by. In addition to being a highly skilled physician, he is the most caring doctor that I have had the good fortune to be patient of. I would recommend him highly to anyone I know and anyone who would ask, for who I consider is a really Great doctor!
in New York, NY |
Excellent service...from initial visit and diagnosis thru surgery and post surgery treatment.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Plummer and his associate are competent and caring. My operation went well. Waits in the office were way too long.
Bronx, NY |
Dr. Plummer has been an excellent surgeon--he has been consistent with following up with my needs and has a very good bedside manner.
in Bronx, NY |
Didn't have to wait to get an appointment. Took the time to explain the diagnosis,my options, listen to my questions and concerns. My questions were answered even when I didn't understand the first or second time. No matter how many times it had to be explained it was done in a patience and professional way (great bedside manner). The hospital that he was affiliated with was excellent. The follow up care was prompt and thorough.
Bronx, NY |
I had an umbilical hernia operation in Dec of 2016. It was done by Dr Robert Plummer. From the first day I visited his office, I knew I was in good hands. His staff was very kind. Dr. Plummer took the time to fully explain the surgical procedure. The operation took about an hour or so and I was in only mild pain afterwards. Only needed pain meds for one day. Its over 2 months now since the surgery and I feel great - no setbacks. Dr. Plummer is a great and caring doctor. Highly recommended.
in Bronx , NY |
Dr. Plummer and his staff treated the whole family by keeping us all informed about what was going to happen on the day for surgery and the days afterwords in the hospital.
in Bronx, NY |
I have already recommended Dr. Plummer to someone else. Dr. Plummer inspires confidence and he backs it up with his medical expertise.
in Bronx, NY |
I would recommend Dr. plummer, because of the compassion and dedication he demonstrated towards me in a time of need. I was extreme nervous about getting surgery done. He took the time to explain the procedure step by step.I also didn't have appropriate insurance to get surgery done. And he also guided me on how to apply for acceptable insurance. I'm soo happy to have met him
in Bronx, NY |
Twice had surgery and it went very well. Recovery went well and quick.
in Bronx, NY |
Skilled, courteous and caring. Went above & beyond his responsibility to help diagnose a unrelated illness.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Plummer is an amazing and physician who cares deeply for his patients. He took excellent care of me and made feel at ease every step of the way.
in Bronx, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Plummer to family and friends. I requested another surgeon, my primary care physician highly recommended Dr. Plummer for gall bladder surgery. I met him and let him know my fear and disinclination about having surgery. I told him about my aunt who is a nurse and my confidant. At my request Dr. Plummer spoke to her on the phone, explained my medical particulars regarding surgery. His manner is confident, assuring and he put me at ease.
in Bronx NY |
My experience was awesome Dr. Plummer and his staff is great! They make the whole process of having surgery so easy and seamless. Thanks so much to everyone.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Plummer is great he made me feel welcome and told me everything I needed to know for a great recovery I would recommend anyone to go to him and his team workers are friendly as well overall outstanding.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Plummer operated on my mother and he did a wonderful job.
in Mt Vernon 10456 |
Very good dr, took the time to explain my health to me. Staff was wonderful.
in Bronx NY |
Dr. Plummer and his assistant were absolutely wonderful! My dad had surgery on his colon and they were both very attentive, very helpful, and very hands on. They kept me and my family informed every step of the way. My dad is doing great and I would recommend them both, to anyone that needs to have this type of operation done. Absolutely amazing what they have done for my dad! Much love to them both and all the staff that assisted! Much respect and forever grateful to Dr. Robert Plummer!!
in Bronx, NY |
Wonderfull experience! Was a bit nervous beforeDr plummer explained everything to me and took special care to make sure that i did not develop keliod because i am prone to them.
in Bronx, NY |
Dr Plummer and Dr Aniukwu are two of the most caring POST OPERATIVE SURGEONS I HAVE EVERY MET. they are caring warm and understanding both before the surgery and after the surgery. I have a lot of respect & Love foe them both.
in Bronx, NY |
Respectable doctor, very knowledgeable and curtious.
in Bronx, NY |
This was my second visit with Dr, Plummer and I was beyond satisfied with my 1st surgery. Recently, and 5 years later I had a second medical concern. My regular PCP had closed his practice. With no PCP I turned to Dr, Plummer for his expertise. Right away he immediately identified what could have been a gravely unforeseeable condition. Dr. Plummer's proactive measures saved my life in which I am forever grateful. The end results, he performed a successful surgery with a speedy recovery for me.
in Bronx, NY |
I had the recent experience of colon resection surgery. The procedure was performed by Dr. Robert Plummer and his Partner, Dr. Jay. There are no words to describe the sincerity and compassion exhibited by Dr. Plummer, before and after surgery. I'm so very appreciative of the care and concern shown to me during an extremely stressful time in my life. Dr. Plummer is an extraordinarily, kind, skillful and gifted Surgeon.
in New York, NY |
Very efficient, quell my fears, professional. No issues after being treated
in Bronx, ny |
Dr plummer is amazing...love him
in New York, NY |
Dr. Plummer is a excellent doctor who take his time with each patient. he dedicated to the well being of his patient. His office staff is nice too. I highly recommend his services.
in Bronx, New York |
Dr. Plummer is very thorough and has great bed side manner. He was always concerned with my comfort.
in Bronx, NY |
an excellent surgeon. fitted me in as a last minute appointment. removed an extremely hurtful cist in his office. the staff took care of the home nursing and all insurance needs.i would highly recommend Dr Plummer.
in Mount Vernon, NY |
very good doctor... did two surgeries on me and I have recovered from both in very positive condition. sometimes it can be a long wait to see him but its all worth it.. a professional that is good at what he does cant be free, has to be busy.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Plummer, MD?
Are you Dr. Plummer?

See our General Surgery Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital

Visit Dr. Plummer

Dr. Plummer accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO