Dr. Robert Perin, MD

Allergy & Immunology | Male

Dr. Robert Perin, MD
Dr. Robert Perin has been in the private practice of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology in New Jersey since 1981. Dr. Perin did a residency in Pediatrics and Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Perin formed an Asthma Support Group in the early 1980s. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Rowan University Medical school. He lectures medical students, residents, physicians in practice, nurses, pharmacists, first responders and paramedics in all aspects of asthma, allergies, food allergy and anaphylaxis. He is a Fellow of the American College of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, a member of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, a member of the New Jersey Allergy Asthma and Immunology Society, a member of the Pennsylvania Asthma and Allergy Association and a member of the American Contact Dermatitis society.

Dr. Perin's Care Philosophy

"People don't really care how much you know until they know how much you care" (Mike McKnight). My approach is holistic. I dialogue with my patient. I am an advocate for my patient. Perhaps this is reflected in the many extended families whom I've cared for over the years. I have pride in what I do. I love my job.

Dr. Perin's Experience

See how Dr. Perin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Perin

Dr. Perin accepts 38 insurance carriers

Dr. Perin is now accepting new patients
    Robert J Perin MD630 Salem Ave
    Woodbury, NJ 08096
    (856) 845-8300Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Perin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Perin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Perin to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Perin's Performance
    in Woodbury, NJ |
    First time visit to Dr. Perin and was thoroughly impressed with the staff, short wait time to see the doctor, the cleanliness of the office and mostly the quality and the amount of time the doctor spent explaining each phase of the examination in detail with a specific evaluation of his findings. This was followed by answering a number of questions that I had in addition to providing me with recommendations related to my general well being. Simply an outstanding visit. AMT West Deptford
    Ocean City, NJ |
    I found Dr. Perin to be very thorough and he thinks outside the box. My situation was not typical and he ordered a number of blood tests that are not that common to get to the bottom of it. I would highly recommend him for anything, especially cases that are out of the ordinary.
    in Woodbury, NJ |
    First time visiting....waited 1 and a half hrs without an apology. Then when the doctor came into the room we discussed my allergies and sinus headaches. He gave me a script for testing My allergies and told me my headaches were not related to allergy. He said my headaches were not related maybe I should go back to work to keep busy??? Went to a real physician and received superb care, diagnosed with sinusitis. Given medication and headaches were cured within one week.
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    Dr Perin has been my doctor for over 30 years and is now also treating my daughter. There has never been a time that I could not count on Dr Perin and his staff to do what was in my health's best interest. I have needed more urgent office visits over the years than I can count, and always been accomodated to the fullest. The entire staff goes above and beyond to ensure your needs are met. Once my infant began showing signs of need, he was the first person I called. Best doctor EVER!
    in Woodstown, NJ |
    Dr. Perin has been treating my daughter for several years. He was the only doctor who was able to identify that she had a winter allergy and successfully treated her. He is a great doctor who cares about his patients. He does not rush through appointments and will take the time to talk with my daughter. He is our favorite doctor. I often tell him that I wish he was still practicing pediatrics as well because he would be the only doctor I would take her to.
    in Buena, NJ |
    Absolutely amazing! He is kind, patient, and intelligent. He has helped my child so much and I am so thankful. His staff takes every phone call, concern, and question completely serious.
    Have you seen Dr. Robert Perin, MD?
    Are you Dr. Perin?

Dr. Perin says...

Dr. Robert Perin has been in the private practice of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology in New Jersey since 1981. Dr. Perin did a residency in Pediatrics and Fellowship in Adult and Pediatric Allergy and Immunology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Dr. Perin formed an Asthma Support Group in the early 1980s. He is a  Clinical Assistant Professor at Rowan University Medical school. He lectures medical students, residents, physicians in practice, nurses,  pharmacists, first responders and paramedics in all aspects of asthma, allergies, food allergy and anaphylaxis. He is a Fellow of the American College of Allergy Asthma and  Immunology, a member of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, a member of the New Jersey Allergy Asthma and Immunology Society, a member of the Pennsylvania Asthma and Allergy Association and a member of the  American Contact Dermatitis society.

Dr. Perin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Perin says...

American industry constantly releases new products which we may later discover  elicit allergic contact skin rashes in predisposed individuals. Patch testing is the means through which one may identify the source of the dermatitis.

As a member of the American Contact Dermatitis Society, Dr. Perin performs patch testing utilizing the more extensive group of hapten allergens as recommended by the North American Contact Dermatitis Group (periodically revised). Once identified, the patient is given access to the Contact Allergen Database and with a simple app is able to identify personal care products etc. which might be contributing to the rash.

Dr. Perin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
    •  Board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics

Dr. Perin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Perin's Board Certifications

• Angioedema
    • Animal Allergies
    • Asthma
    • Asthma in Children
    • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
    • Bronchitis
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Chronic Cough

Completed in 1981

Mount St. Mary's College

Graduated in 1969

• French

Dr. Perin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Perin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy & Immunology