Dr. Robert Owens, MD

Dr. Robert Owens, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

6509 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Owens specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat and practices in Plano, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Owens? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Owens' Experience

85Experience
Match

See how Dr. Owens' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Owens

Dr. Owens accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Owens has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Owens' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Owens to family and friends
3.4
Experience with Dr. Owens
Dr. Owens' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (26)
in Ft Worth, TX |
I saw Dr. Owens when I had been experiencing chronic sinus infections. On the first visit it was determined I needed sinus surgery. I had a great experience with the surgery, no pain, no discomfort and have had no other sinus infections since the surgery. I also had surgery to restore my hearing in my left ear. I had not been able to hear from that ear for 40 years. I had surgery and had no complications and can now hear from that ear. I am so thankful for Dr. Owens and his staff.
in Athens Texas |
Dr Owens did surgery on my left ear and the surgery was successful and i would recommend him for any ear issues to my family and friends. His office staff is very helpful and professional.
Frisco, TX |
Dr Owen's repaired my SSCD. Did good job just lacked bedside manner. Can be very offensive and impatient. Office took good care of me and I do recommend Dr.Bob Owens.
in Dallas, TX |
After going through a number of ENTs to repair a hole in my ear drum, was referred to Dr. Owens! Thank the Lord for the referral and for his expertise in performing a delicate surgery! He has released me to scuba dive again..a passion I have had for over 18 years only to be dry docked for the past three years! He took the time to care and talk with me about the surgery and risks! Awesome experience!
in Wylie, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Robert Owens after two ENT specialist said I had a very complex Cholesteatoma and they did not have the experience for this type of surgery. I went to see Dr. Owens and he laid out the surgery we needed to do. The surgery was successful and no pain just a little uncomfort afterward. But really, the honest truth, he is a fantastic doctor- get over there and see him. June, 23rd, 2016. ~ Sherry L Odom
in Fort Worth, texas |
I was referred to Dr. Owens by an ENT almost 10 years ago. He has performed two surgical procedures on my ears and has fully restored my hearing. He is professional, caring, and down-to-earth. He always takes the time to thoroughly explain treatment options. Would highly recommend!!!
in Lubbock, TX |
We live 5 hours away from Dr. Owens and were referred to him after my daughter had a failed tympanoplasty. Because the location of the hole on her eardrum was difficult to patch, we were concerned about having the tympanoplasty repeated. We went for her 6 week post op appointment and the eardrum is intact and appears to be healing! We are so thankful Dr. Owens was able to repair the hole. We had an excellent experience with surgery, scheduling appointments, & office visits with Dr. Owens.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
My husband just submitted a response to this survey but I felt that some salient details were missing. Dr. Owens is personable, funny and empathetic. He corrected a problem caused by inappropriate hearing aids when he installed the BAHA system for me. He also repaired some holes in my eardrum. He did all of that without badmouthing the doctors who had made erroneous decisions previously by stating that he had a great success rate with the procedure and had done it more than any other local Dr.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
My wife was referred to him after having seen three other doctors about her sudden loss of hearing in one ear. The third doctor said that everyone in the Dallas Ft. Worth Metroplex sends these kinds of patients to 'Dr. Bob.' He's really the only one that can successfully deal with these issues. In the first visit he correctly diagnosed the problem and had my wife scheduled for a surgery which was entirely successful. Now, I am a patient of his for balancing issues and long standing sinus prob
Plano, TX |
Dr. Robert (Bob) Owens has performed surgery on the middle ear of my son and my husband. All procedures, policies, percentages of regaining Db of hearing, risks, and benefits of proposed surgeries were completely explained with all questions answered in office prior to scheduling surgery. Dr. Owen performed a procedure for my husband that a regular ENT or ear surgeon may be nervous to perform. However, Dr. Owen was confident and upfront about the intricacies of the procedure and was successful!
Waco, TX |
he did 2 cochlear surgeries on me that should n't have ever been done.He failed to do his own list of protocol and did not order a CT scan until after the first failed surgeryHe then lied when asked why the CT scan was being done 1 week after the surgery by saying he wanted it taken to see if the implant was staying in place.If he had ordered the CT scan before the operation he would have seen I was never a good candidate for this type surgery.He did a 2nd failed surgery 2 mos later.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Owens, MD?
Are you Dr. Owens?

• Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation

• Cochlear Implant Insertion
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • ENT Surgery
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Wound Repair

Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston

Graduated in 1992

West Virginia University Hosps

Dr. Owens has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Owens has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Owens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Owens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Owens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Owens

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Owens' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Owens

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients