Dr. Robert Owens, MD

Dr. Robert Owens, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Robert Owens, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

6509 W Plano Pkwy

Plano, TX 75093

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Owens

See how frequently Dr. Owens performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cholesteatoma
Conductive Hearing Loss
Tinnitus

Dr. Owens's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. Owens does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Sinusitis

• Cochlear Implant Insertion
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Wound Repair

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • West Virginia University Hosps

Dr. Owens has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Owens has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Owens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Owens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Owens' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Owens to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Owens' Performance
in Burleson, TX |
Provides good care. Did a coculear implant for me a few years ago so now I can hear!
in Ft Worth, TX |
When the severe debilitating vertigo started I started looking for an ear specialist. I was diagnosed with Menieres Disease. After trying all medical options Dr. Owens said he felt a shunt to handle the extra fluid in the inner This was a life changing surgery for me. Dr. Owens initially seems a bit gruff but answers all questions.(and I always have questions) and cares that his patients get help. He continues to monitor my progress and I recommend him to anyone with hearing issues.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I was always treated with courtesy and respect. The offices are clean and pleasant. Staff are very friendly and efficient. The most I have had to wait is 15 minutes past appt time. I have Menniers disease and was absolutely miserable and incapacitated by the symptoms of the disease. I told Dr. Owens..."All I need from you is to get my life back". He said he would get my life back. It took surgery to do it and the surgery helped enormously, I am back to living my life without symptoms.
in Weatherford, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Owens for hearing loss, constant buzzing sound, and a feeling of fullness or stopped up feeling in my left ear. He and his staff were courteous, thoughtful, and thorough with all procedures. He explained my Meniere's disease and treatments. He answered all my questions and helped alleviate my concerns. I am so happy that the treatments were successful and those issues are gone! I will continue to use Dr. Owens for my ENT and have already recommended him to a friend.
in Mesquite, Tx |
This doctor absolutely changed my life. I was diagnosed with meniere's disease and I was referred to Dr. Owens, he recommended surgery and it changed my life. To not live with the debilitating dizziness that I had been experiencing was wonderful I can now lead a normal life without all those dizzy spells
in Abilene, TX |
Two other ear specialists have done surgery on my ear for ongoing problems. The other doctors did good jobs and there was some improvement. However, the ear problems and hearing loss continued and the other doctors were not sure what they could do to help. After examining me, Dr. Owens had a plan. The surgery was successful and four months after surgery, I am hearing better than I have in years. I especially appreciate Dr. Owens willingness to explain the ear problem and procedures.
in Plano, TX |
He changed my life. I could not hear with out the use of hearing aids and that was begining not to work. I had surgery and do not need hearing aids. I can hear again !!!!
in Ft Worth, TX |
I saw Dr. Owens when I had been experiencing chronic sinus infections. On the first visit it was determined I needed sinus surgery. I had a great experience with the surgery, no pain, no discomfort and have had no other sinus infections since the surgery. I also had surgery to restore my hearing in my left ear. I had not been able to hear from that ear for 40 years. I had surgery and had no complications and can now hear from that ear. I am so thankful for Dr. Owens and his staff.
in Athens Texas |
Dr Owens did surgery on my left ear and the surgery was successful and i would recommend him for any ear issues to my family and friends. His office staff is very helpful and professional.
Frisco, TX |
Dr Owen's repaired my SSCD. Did good job just lacked bedside manner. Can be very offensive and impatient. Office took good care of me and I do recommend Dr.Bob Owens.
in Dallas, TX |
After going through a number of ENTs to repair a hole in my ear drum, was referred to Dr. Owens! Thank the Lord for the referral and for his expertise in performing a delicate surgery! He has released me to scuba dive again..a passion I have had for over 18 years only to be dry docked for the past three years! He took the time to care and talk with me about the surgery and risks! Awesome experience!
in Wylie, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Robert Owens after two ENT specialist said I had a very complex Cholesteatoma and they did not have the experience for this type of surgery. I went to see Dr. Owens and he laid out the surgery we needed to do. The surgery was successful and no pain just a little uncomfort afterward. But really, the honest truth, he is a fantastic doctor- get over there and see him. June, 23rd, 2016. ~ Sherry L Odom
in Fort Worth, texas |
I was referred to Dr. Owens by an ENT almost 10 years ago. He has performed two surgical procedures on my ears and has fully restored my hearing. He is professional, caring, and down-to-earth. He always takes the time to thoroughly explain treatment options. Would highly recommend!!!
in Lubbock, TX |
We live 5 hours away from Dr. Owens and were referred to him after my daughter had a failed tympanoplasty. Because the location of the hole on her eardrum was difficult to patch, we were concerned about having the tympanoplasty repeated. We went for her 6 week post op appointment and the eardrum is intact and appears to be healing! We are so thankful Dr. Owens was able to repair the hole. We had an excellent experience with surgery, scheduling appointments, & office visits with Dr. Owens.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
My husband just submitted a response to this survey but I felt that some salient details were missing. Dr. Owens is personable, funny and empathetic. He corrected a problem caused by inappropriate hearing aids when he installed the BAHA system for me. He also repaired some holes in my eardrum. He did all of that without badmouthing the doctors who had made erroneous decisions previously by stating that he had a great success rate with the procedure and had done it more than any other local Dr.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
My wife was referred to him after having seen three other doctors about her sudden loss of hearing in one ear. The third doctor said that everyone in the Dallas Ft. Worth Metroplex sends these kinds of patients to 'Dr. Bob.' He's really the only one that can successfully deal with these issues. In the first visit he correctly diagnosed the problem and had my wife scheduled for a surgery which was entirely successful. Now, I am a patient of his for balancing issues and long standing sinus prob
Plano, TX |
Dr. Robert (Bob) Owens has performed surgery on the middle ear of my son and my husband. All procedures, policies, percentages of regaining Db of hearing, risks, and benefits of proposed surgeries were completely explained with all questions answered in office prior to scheduling surgery. Dr. Owen performed a procedure for my husband that a regular ENT or ear surgeon may be nervous to perform. However, Dr. Owen was confident and upfront about the intricacies of the procedure and was successful!
Waco, TX |
he did 2 cochlear surgeries on me that should n't have ever been done.He failed to do his own list of protocol and did not order a CT scan until after the first failed surgeryHe then lied when asked why the CT scan was being done 1 week after the surgery by saying he wanted it taken to see if the implant was staying in place.If he had ordered the CT scan before the operation he would have seen I was never a good candidate for this type surgery.He did a 2nd failed surgery 2 mos later.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Owens, MD?
Are you Dr. Owens?