Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Norton, MD
Dr. Robert Norton received his Bachelor Degree in Biological Science and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Rutgers University. While in college, he worked as a personal trainer, a physiology teaching assistant and was a volunteer at the regional academic hospital. He then moved to Philadelphia to obtain medical training from the prestigious Jefferson Medical College, graduating Magna Cum Laude and with the highest honor of being inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He then completed an orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital. While at Miami, he was appointed Administrative Chief Resident and had the fortune of training with nationally recognized orthopaedic and neurosurgical academic spine surgeons. Following residency, Dr. Norton completed advanced training in spine surgery at the New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of the most sought after and prestigious spine fellowship in the country. While at NYU, he obtained specialized instruction in the surgical and non-operative management of complex spinal conditions by several pioneers in the field. Throughout his career, Dr. Norton has had a strong interest in academic medicine and has been actively involved in teaching and research. He has authored multiple publications on a variety of topics related to spine surgery in numerous peer-reviewed journals and textbooks. He has received several research grants and has presented his research at both national and international conferences. Skilled in the most advanced surgical techniques and emerging technologies, Dr. Norton offers expertise in all aspects of spine care. Procedures that he specializes in range from non-operative management options such as epidural and facet injections to degenerative or deformity conditions of the spine demanding complex surgical reconstruction. Dr. Norton has a particular interest in cervical (neck) spinal disease, spine trauma, motion preserving technology such as total disc replacement, kyphoplasty percutaneous vertebral body augmentation of compression fractures, minimally invasive surgical treatment options and complex spinal deformity correction. Dr. Norton recognizes how important it is that his patients understand their symptoms and treatment options in order to make a well-informed decision. He believes that physical fitness, diet, and emotional wellbeing all play a key role in spinal and overall health. While surgery may be necessary, Dr. Norton believes in exhausting all non-operative modalities and in preoperative optimization before surgery. Dr. Norton's goal as a spine surgeon is to provide high quality care that is research and evidence-based with proven and expected results. He is a compassionate physician who seeks to improve the quality of life of his patients through skill and understanding. His academic training combined with a passion for teaching and research allows him to do just that, taking an individual and evidence-based approach to every patient.

670 Glades Rd Ste 200

Boca Raton, FL 33431

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Norton

See how frequently Dr. Norton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Spinal Stenosis
Cervical Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Norton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Norton "Dr. Norton's goal as a spine surgeon is to provide the highest quality care that is research and evidence-based with proven and expected results. He is a compassionate physician who seeks to improve the quality of life of his patients through skill and understanding. His academic training combined with a passion for teaching and research allows him to take an individual and evidence-based approach to every patient."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery

• University Of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Norton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Norton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Norton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Norton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Norton to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Norton's Performance
Boca Raton, FL |
Never coming back! All the staff is clearly frustrated at this place. I'm still wondering why I waited 2 hours even though I was the only one in the lobby. The doctor was in a hurry and I had never the chance to ask questions. His focus was on convincing me to schedule a surgery and he got visibly annoyed when I mentioned that I'd rather get a second opinion prior to make a decision about surgery.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I am pleased to say a year ago I had a life changing surgery and still re cooperating from surgery. I am entirely grateful for their precision, compassionate care, and professional demeanor. The after care was phenomenal and brought hope to my life. Day by day I push along and see myself moving mountains. Thank you Dr. Norton and Dr Foltz! Happy Holidays! Many Blessings! With Light and Love, Roxana
in Boca Raton, FL |
I was recommended to Dr. Norton by a work associate in late November of 2016 due to a 10 cm ruptured (extruded) disc that had become problematic to the point where I had lost the use of my calf muscle. Dr. Norton advised me of my options and suggested alternatives in lieu of surgery. With no improvements after 2 weeks, I was scheduled for emergency PLIF surgery of L5-S1. Calf was back to full strength in less than 6 months. Working out and back to active lifestyle again. - Thanks Dr. Norton
in Parkland |
I can't say enough about my experience with Dr. Norton and his staff. If anyone has ever suffered extreme back pain, you know that being seen and scheduled for surgery quickly is the only thing you think and care about and "Bed Side Manner" is a luxury you could care less about. Dr. Norton and his staff were all amazing!. Yes a successful surgery is the main goal, but when you can get both you know you made the best choice. Thank you all for everything.
Pompano Beach, FL |
I am recovering from a neck fusion and a three level lumbar fusion after previous failed back surgery. Dr. Norton and his staff have been very helpful and I am in very good shape. He answers questions and his team provide good answers and good supplemental care. Boca Regional is a fine hospital. I would highly recommend him. Remember that in 2017, delivery of healthcare using para-professionals is the norm !
in deerfield, fl |
Required a re-do surgery by another doctor after my neck surgery.
Pompano Beach, FL |
Waited more then 2 hours for him to see me, when he finally decided to came in the room he was very brief, he didn't even looked at my previous records and ordered me x-ray before even see me, when I had brought him my recent x-ray and MRI disc and reports that he didn't even mention. He was no help at all, he referred me to his partner Dr. Burrough in the same office and I walked out, they told me this one was always on time, lies. DON'T OVERBOOK APPOINTMENTS JUST TO BILL MORE INSURANCES.
in Lake Worth, FL |
If I could leave this man negative stars-- I would. Waited four hours with an appointment to see a man full of himself. Once I was taken back I waited another hour. FOUR HOURS. He ordered me to have x-rays taken before he even came in the room or looked at the MRI I brought with me. When he did finally appear he was brief. He said I needed surgery. He didn't explain the procedure, follow up, or anything. He stood up and said "I'll have my surgical girl come in to book it" and he left. So did I.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
RUN AWAY! Dr is as nice until he gets paid after doing surgery. After surgery good luck talking to or seeing him. Office staff is incompetent and unorganized. My surgery was supposed to take 1 hour to 1.5 hours MAX. Over 4 hours later I came out of surgery. Dr never explained what additional work or what was going on. 5 weeks post surgery saw another surgeon who recommends surgery AGAIN. Surgery mill. You are just a number at Dr Norton's. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
in Hollywood, FL |
Worst experience ever! It felt like Dr. NOrton was in hurry and wanted to be done since the very beginning. I'm never coming back!
in Lake Worth, Florida |
I found him to be extremely easy to discuss my problem with. He allayed my fears and showed compassion and sympathy. My surgical procedure was Arterial Cervical Disectomy Fusion. The operation was successful and went smoothly as well as my hospitalization. My husband and I would certainly recommend him highly for neck or back surgery. He really cares about his patients and in our opinion, Dr. Norton is an excellent surgeon. We would recommend him to family and friends. Lillyan and Bill Mintz
in boca raton, fl |
I was referred to Dr Norton by my orthopedist for extreme pain. After MRIs it was clear that spinal fusion of C3-C4 would be needed due to the deterioration of the affected areas. (I did obtain an X-ray guided epidural by one of his colleagues which was of limited value.). His demeanor was reassuring, he educated me as to my condition and recuperation period. He is sensitive and caring and made me feel secure in his care. He never rushed an office visit or ignored my concerns. Highly recomended.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Norton, MD?
Are you Dr. Norton?