Dr. Robert McKinstry, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Medstar Union Memorial Hospital 3333 N Calvert St Ste 400 Baltimore, MD 21218 Get Directions
Dr. Robert McKinstry, MD
Dr. Robert McKinstry, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Baltimore, MD. He has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. McKinstry is affiliated with Medstar Union Memorial Hospital.

Dr. McKinstry's Experience

See how Dr. McKinstry's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McKinstry

Dr. McKinstry accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. McKinstry is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. McKinstry has admitting privileges.

Dr. McKinstry's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McKinstry to family and friends
4.4
Dr. McKinstry's Performance
in Annapolis, MD |
I went to Dr. McKinstry for a second opinion regarding hip replacement. Contrary to the first doctor I visited, Dr. McKinstry took time to go over my xrays, all my options and all the potential problems that might occur. He did a wonderful job replacing my hip and I would recommend him to everyone.
in Baltimore MD |
Excellent care for patients.
in Woodbine, MD |
I had a two hip replacements in an eighteen month period and Dr. McKinstry performed both. He is a highly skilled and caring orthopedic surgeon. I am grateful to him.
in Littlestown, PA |
Dr. McKinstry is a young, upbeat orthopedic surgeon who possesses both a superlative level of expertise and a keen ability to listen carefully to patients and communicate any information that may be needed. As a total hip replacement patient, I felt that Dr. McK. carefully guided me through what was a significant decision. Post surgery, he always returned messages and answered questions. I am six months post surgery and feeling great. No residual gait or pain issues. I recommend Dr. McK to all
Baltimore, MD |
Dr. McKinstry is a personable, genuine, caring, kind person. He took time to listen to my health concerns and clearly presented options for treatment. He had been recommended by a friend who had a great experience with her hip replacement. I felt that he had the expertise that convinced me to choose him for treatment. I had one hip replaced and had such a good experience with recovery that six months later, Dr. McKinstry replaced my other hip. I would not hesitate to recommend him!
in Manchester, MD |
Dr. McKinstry has replaced both of my hips. They were Total Anterior Replacement procedures. I am more than please with his expertise, his wisdom, his bedside manners, and his compassion to make sure I recovered fully. I have sent 3 patients to him for consultations.
in Westminster, MD |
Dr. McKinstry takes the time to answer all questions or concerns that I may have. Dr. McKinstry is patient, reliable, understanding, & empathetic. I had a full right hip replacement on July 9, 2015 & a full right knee replacement on January 13, 2016. My recuperation is going well due to Dr. McKinstry's skills & knowledge.
in Fallston, MD |
Dr. McKinstry performed partial knee replacement to my left knee after I suffered a work related injury. Before surgery, my pain level was at a 9 or 10 level (very high). Three months after surgery, I have no longer experienced pain, but just some discomfort and minor swelling (normal). My interaction was very positive from my initial consultation, surgery, and post op appointments. He was very informative and answered all of my questions. His treatment and service were excellent (Staff also)
Westminster, MD |
I received a left hip replacement in January, 2016 at Union Memorial, Baltimore. The healing process was rapid and uneventful. The hip is pain free. This is remarkable surgery and I'm grateful to Dr. McKinstry and his team.
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. McKinstry was very attentive to my concerns and spent time thoroughly answering all my questions. He seemed to genuinely care for me as a person. My hip replacement surgery went very well and I couldn't believe how quickly I recovered.
in Claiborne, MD |
Dr. McKinstry has replaced both my left knee and my right hip and both are doing well. I find him easy to talk to and very attentive, answering my questions completely and never rushing me out of his office. I have recommended him to many friends.
in Manchester |
Dr Mckinstry did a total hip replacement on me March 2015. He put the wrong size prosthesis in me too large. It's been 13 months post surgery still having major problems. Haven't been able to return to work, not driving and still in a lot of pain and walking with a cane . This has changed my life a great deal.
Have you seen Dr. Robert McKinstry, MD?
Are you Dr. McKinstry?

Compare Dr. McKinstry

Dr. McKinstry's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Ataxia
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

Graduated in 2005

MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
    MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
    Anderson Ortho Clinic

Dr. McKinstry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKinstry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics