Dr. Robert Mayle Jr, MD

Dr. Robert Mayle Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Robert Mayle Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Francisco, CA. He has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Mayle Jr is affiliated with Saint Francis Memorial Hospital, Novato Community Hospital and California Pacific Medical Center - Pacific Campus.

California Pacific Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine

3838 California St Rm 715

San Francisco, CA 94118

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Mayle Jr

Dr. Mayle Jr's Experience

Dr. Mayle Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Mayle Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• Drexel Univ Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Mayle Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mayle Jr has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Mayle Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mayle Jr to family and friends
Dr. Mayle Jr's Performance
in Scotts Valley, CA |
I highly recommend Dr Mayle and his team. Very thorough and professional, but also fun. They know what they are doing. I had my left hip replaced two weeks ago and I am already walking fine without a cane. The prior pain is gone.
San Francisco, CA |
I have been extremely pleased with the quality of care that I have received from Dr. Mayle. Besides being a very good surgeon, he also makes me feel very comfortable discussing my health care options. His explanations are easy to understand and I don't feel rushed through my visits.
Novato, CA |
Dr. Mayle is both highly skilled and very caring. He is genuinely kind and puts you at ease. He is patient and takes the time to answer all questions. I can not recommend him highly enough.
in San Francisco, CA |
I cannot imagine having a better surgeon than Dr. Mayle to do my hip replacement. Under his care, I felt supported every step from presurgery to post surgery. He was responsive to all of my questions, even at night and on weekends! I'm walking 10 blocks (with crutches), with no pain, not even two weeks after surgery. His team, from office to hospital staff, has been kind, well organized, and responsive. Six stars for Dr. Mayle!
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Mayle is a very capable and communicative doctor. I would recommend him without hesitation.
in San Francisco, CA |
DR. Mayle has performed 2 hip replacements for me in the past 2 years and I would definitely recommend him for anyone considering this surgery. His care and presence and skill through all phases of the process is remarkable in a doctor and really helped me get my functioning body back.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Mayle is fabulous. He not only is an extremely meticulous surgeon, he is also listens to his patients and treats them with respect, kindness and dignity.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr Mayle is excellent!!!!. He is very clear and personable. He has a bounce in his step and light in his eyes. You know you are in the best of hands with this level of confidence and warmth of presence.
in Point Reyes Station, CA |
I have only good things to report about my whole experience with Dr. Mayle.
Yantis, TX |
Amazing, best orthopedic in the country! 3 Weeks after total knee replacement, and kneecap, walking, without difficulty, riding bicycle ( not long periods, 10 minutes)Pain, minimal, healing pain, use ice every 2 hours, then go about my activities. Dr. Mayle, is caring, he spends time explaining the operation, and what to expect, and he remembers who his patients are by name, you are not a number. His office staff very pleasant, and wait time was less then 5 minutes. He is the best!
in Oakley ca |
So far so good
in Mill Valley, CA |
Dr. Mayle will take the time to educate you about your procedure. He is skillful, professional, and takes time to listen to your questions and concerns and give you thoughtful answers. I've recovered extremely well from my anterior hip replacement, my incision looks great, and my physical therapist is extremely pleased with my progress. I would highly recommend Dr. Mayle.
San Francisco, CA |
Very good experience using the anterior approach. One day in the hospital. Back to work in slightly less than two weeks (I am a primary care physician). Dr. Mayle is very accessible and uses tech very well (HealthLoop app)
Novato, CA |
I can highly recommend Dr. Mayle following the total hip replacement I had recently. Starting with his excellent communication skills. He is an interested listener and thorough in his explanation of your situation and his plan of helping you with it. He is patient and calm. Surgically my hip replacement couldn't have gone smoother. He has instructions and information via print and through his Health Loop website for pre- and post-op surgery. Any questions or concerns are answered quickly.
in Novato, CA |
I had both of my hips replaced by Dr. Mayle. As a high-risk patient, Dr. Mayle was thorough and very detail oriented to make sure the surgeries were successful. He provides daily check-ins pre and post surgery to establish easy and open communication. He responds to any questions or concerns immediately. His staff is also very helpful and competent. I would highly recommend Dr. Mayle for the entire experience. It combines exemplary skills with a top notch process.
Novato, CA |
If you are looking for a surgeon with excellent technical skills and a caring bedside manner, Dr Mayle is your doc.
in San Francisco, CA |
My experience is very positive. I have had very little pain, only some discomfort. He keeps in touch every day and answers questions which is very comforting.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Mayle is a true professional, caring and informative. I recommended my friend to Dr. Mayle because I really trust his judgement when he discusses other options about the surgery. He did a wonderful surgery on my right inner knee replacement and it is really strong and healthy. I was going to do my left knee today, we postponed it due to the flea bites and redness at my ankle. He did not want an infection to set in, I trust his opinion, I'm really sorry to waste their time this morning.
Novato, CA |
I felt very confident about my surgery with Dr. Mayle. Communication has been above and beyond. I have felt important and well cared for.
San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Mayle is a great orthopedist--if you need hip or knee replacement, go to him!
in Belvedere ca |
best experience I could have ever had he is awesome and his team is awesome his bedside manner is superb
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Maybe was "my second opinion" doctor once my first doc said I needed a hip replacement. I decided to have Dr. Mayle do my hip replacement because he seemed very experienced and confident with performing the anterior approach. He also came highly recommended from other doctors who had worked with him in the O.R. He has a great bedside manner and very positive attitude.
in San Francisco, CA |
Everything is going great so far
in San Francisco, CA |
I am most appreciative that Dr. Mayle listens & follows up. Your concerns are his concerns. As best I can tell,he does excellent work. My X-Rays look super.
in San Francisco, CA |
The amount of pre and post surgery information and communication was far beyond anything I have experienced. Dr Mayle and his team have shown to me, they truly care about the patient.
in Santa Cruz, CA |
I interviewed surgeons all over the country and even one in Europe about my surgery. One back East told me to find the surgeon that I "fall in love with." As soon as Dr. Mayle came in the examining room I liked his caring and respectful manner. He won me over with his absolute honesty and never talking or even acting down to me. He's a great surgeon. I love him. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Mayle Jr. was very informative on what my hip surgery would entail, I felt confident in him and his bedside manner His staff was friendly and always on top of things before and after my surgery. The presidio surgical center was the best surgical experience I've ever had in an overnight surgery, small, personal and attention to detail is like no other. Thank You.
in Mill Valley Ca |
Drt Mayle is a wonderful surgeon ..he was recommended to us by a great surgeon and as a doctor he was not only one of the beyt surgeons but a very kindly caring doctor,.
in SAN RAFAEL, CA |
EXCELLENT IN ALL AREAS! I WAS EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITH ALL FOLLOW UP. STAFF WAS ALSO WONDERFUL. THANKS FOR SUCH PROFESSIONALISM. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL! ??
in Petaluma, CA |
Dr. Mayle has been very diligent and straight forward throughout the process. I am very impressed that health care professionals outside his practice i.e. the hospital and PT staff have been extremely complimentary of Dr. Mayle's techniques and successes compared to other surgeons that they work with. Several have commented that they would personally use Dr. Mayle when needed.
in San Rafael, CA |
Fantastic care and attention. All the nurses told me they would only use Dr Mayle
in Mill Valley, CA |
Dr. Mayle gave me total knee replacements on both knees. Each was an outstanding experience. He and his team are efficient, professional and caring. I anticipate being more active than I've been in years.
Excellent and caring.
in Kentfield, CA |
Dr. Mayle has been amazing to work with. He not only is a fantastic doctor who has helped me immensely get back and active but also has a great bed side manner that most physicians seem to be lacking these days. He takes the time to educate you and answer your questions with extreme professionalism. He is real. I would highly recommend me to any of my family and friends.
in Fairfax, CA |
Dr. Mayle did an excellent job in replacing my left hip via an anterior approach. He is up to speed on the latest innovations/results, and was recommended to me as 1 of 3 top doctors in the SF Bay Area. The recommendation came from a surgical equipment salesman that specializes in joint replacement technology. Dr. Mayle has been very helpful both pre/post op in answering my many questions. Aside from his excellent professional demeanor, he is a very nice & personable guy. Highly recommend!
in San Anselmo, CA |
I've been especially impressed with Dr. Mayle's post-operative care. He communicated online every morning for first 2 weeks after surgery and he responded immediately if I had any question or concern.
San Rafael, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Mayle because he seems to be aware and willing to implement them of the latest developments in medical science. In my case, he was cautious enough to request an MRI prior to committing to do the surgery. He has a great bedside manner.
San Rafael, CA |
Dr. Mayle is kind, knowledgeable, communicative, experienced, and trustworthy. He is honest --- ask him a question and he will tell you the truth. He is a skilled surgeon --- I went to him because my friends were all pleased with their hip surgeries and now I am pleased with mine too. He cares about his patients, which includes telling you the truth even if you don't want to hear it. (Example: "Can't we do something other than a total hip replacement?" "No." And he was totally correct.)
in San Rafael, CA |
I found Dr. Mayle to be intelligent and compassionate prior to, during and after surgery for my partial knee replacement. He's progressive in his approach, which has made for a faster healing.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Mayle Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Mayle Jr?