Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Matlack Jr

Fayetteville Psychiatric Assocs

2587 Ravenhill Dr Fayetteville, NC 28303

Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Fayetteville, NC and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University in 1996 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Matlack Jr accepts

• Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Matlack Jr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Matlack Jr

2.2

Dr. Matlack Jr?
Dr. Matlack Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD
If I could leave zero stars, I would. I have tried for over a month to get in touch with Dr. Matlack regarding my mother's care and still have not heard from him. My mother was treated at his practice, now called Best Day, in Raleigh and her medication manager, Kat, mismanaged her medications resulting in two hospitalizations one the last month. I have health care POA and had signed forms to talk with my mother's doctors and reached out multiple times leaving detailed messages about my mother's care, medication history, diagnosis, etc. No calls back, no real evaluation, no history requested from her previous, long-time psychiatrist. My mother is now suffering from paranoia, delusions and command hallucinations. I don't think that Dr. Matlack ever even saw her and instead put her care in the hands of an inexperienced medication manager who is incompetent. I am reporting this doctor and this practice to the state medical board.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
If I could leave less than one star I would. Does not get to know the patient at all. Asked a few general questions every appointment such as have you felt like hurting yourself? Or other people? Took blood pressure and pushed us out of the door with scripts. Stay away if your child needs help! Far far away!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
He is an awesome and caring doctor ?????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
Please don't use this person who claims to be a psychiatric doctor. He's nothing but a pill pusher who cons parents into believing that he knows what's best for the children. The drugs he pushes on kids turns them into having medical problems that are detrimental to their health. Please get second and third opinions before you trust this place. I wouldn't bring my pets to him let alone my family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
Over sensitive for this profession. Got sensitive over a comment and said I was abusive. Would NOT recxomemd this man for anything, especially one's paychy. Bad experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
He was my daughter's psychiatrist for months. She tried to commit suicide after he put her on new medication. I called to let the office know, (mostly because I knew that no matter the circumstance, they would charge me if she didn't show for her next appointment) and they very cheerfully thanked me for calling and said they would let him know. Then the person answering hung up. Although I gave my number and asked to be called, we never heard from him again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
He helped much with son. Good listening. Busy place. Best I have seen yet.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
A spouse for a current (soon to be former) patient. Dr Matlack has not taken into consideration spouses medical needs. After numerous attempts and releases signed he refuses to request spouses previous medical records. This has led to him changing my spouses medication to Rx's that are new and very expensive. Even after years of successful response to medication Dr Matlack even stated he may be doing more harm than good. Concerned for spouses safety!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
Well I was new to the area and I looked for a new psychiatrist in town for ADHD HELP for my family. At first I was kind of alarmed because he talked really fast, but that was understandable knowing the fact that he always had many patients waiting, Busy professionals in general talk really fast, because they know what they talk about and time is so valuable! So do not think he is not humanitarian enough with you,he is there doing the best he can to serve everyone in town.We love the new meds!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?
RUN AWAY.Son is high-functioning autistic-I asked for referral for OT/ABA.He said my son didn't need it & only wanted to talk about meds.After I pressed, he said he would make a referral to the Haymount Institute for therapy. Never listenedSix months & nothing, and then at an office visit he suggested my son get ABA and OT and surprise! He had just hired someone who did that. Checked with Haymount Institute and referral was never made.Priority is $, NOT your child.He should have license revoked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Matlack Jr?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry