Dr. Robert Matlack, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 52

Dr. Matlack

Fayetteville Psychiatric Assocs

2587 RAVENHILL DR Fayetteville, NC 28303

Dr. Robert Matlack, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Fayetteville, NC and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University medical school in 1996. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Matlack to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Matlack accepts

Dr. Matlack accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

2.2

Dr. Matlack?
  • Wait times (9)
  • Long wait times (3)
I like Dr. Matlack. I would recommend him. However, the staff doesn’t know what they are doing. They need additional training, especially in this type of medical office. It is difficult trying to get an appointment. They don’t tell you all pertinent information. When I tried to make an appointment before my insurance ran out, the individual acted like they could care less. I was told he didn’t have any appointments and did not do telemedicine. I find out today that, he has been doing telemedicine since COVID started. Today is the first time I got someone on the phone that acted like they cared, because I have been going through withdrawals all weekend. I am on a medication that I have been on for 10 years. It is not a medication that you can just stop taking.
Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
best doctor ive seen yet don't listen to the other reviews he is a great doctor
Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
He does not care about his patients. Horrible doctor. He triple books appointments so that is why he is always rushing the patient out in five minutes. He does not care about the patients. He has seen over 60 patients in a day. That is impossible to do during a normal shift. All he cares about is money.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
If I could leave zero stars, I would. I have tried for over a month to get in touch with Dr. Matlack regarding my mother's care and still have not heard from him. My mother was treated at his practice, now called Best Day, in Raleigh and her medication manager, Kat, mismanaged her medications resulting in two hospitalizations one the last month. I have health care POA and had signed forms to talk with my mother's doctors and reached out multiple times leaving detailed messages about my mother's care, medication history, diagnosis, etc. No calls back, no real evaluation, no history requested from her previous, long-time psychiatrist. My mother is now suffering from paranoia, delusions and command hallucinations. I don't think that Dr. Matlack ever even saw her and instead put her care in the hands of an inexperienced medication manager who is incompetent. I am reporting this doctor and this practice to the state medical board.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
A. Myers – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
If I could leave less than one star I would. Does not get to know the patient at all. Asked a few general questions every appointment such as have you felt like hurting yourself? Or other people? Took blood pressure and pushed us out of the door with scripts. Stay away if your child needs help! Far far away!
Fayetteville, NC – Aug 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
He is an awesome and caring doctor ?????
Gwen Satterfield in Hope Mills NC – Jul 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
Please don't use this person who claims to be a psychiatric doctor. He's nothing but a pill pusher who cons parents into believing that he knows what's best for the children. The drugs he pushes on kids turns them into having medical problems that are detrimental to their health. Please get second and third opinions before you trust this place. I wouldn't bring my pets to him let alone my family.
Memphis, TN – May 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
Over sensitive for this profession. Got sensitive over a comment and said I was abusive. Would NOT recxomemd this man for anything, especially one's paychy. Bad experience.
Fuquay Varina, NC – Apr 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
He was my daughter's psychiatrist for months. She tried to commit suicide after he put her on new medication. I called to let the office know, (mostly because I knew that no matter the circumstance, they would charge me if she didn't show for her next appointment) and they very cheerfully thanked me for calling and said they would let him know. Then the person answering hung up. Although I gave my number and asked to be called, we never heard from him again.
Fayetteville, NC – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
He helped much with son. Good listening. Busy place. Best I have seen yet.
Oxford, MS – Feb 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
A spouse for a current (soon to be former) patient. Dr Matlack has not taken into consideration spouses medical needs. After numerous attempts and releases signed he refuses to request spouses previous medical records. This has led to him changing my spouses medication to Rx's that are new and very expensive. Even after years of successful response to medication Dr Matlack even stated he may be doing more harm than good. Concerned for spouses safety!
Fayetteville, NC – Apr 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
Well I was new to the area and I looked for a new psychiatrist in town for ADHD HELP for my family. At first I was kind of alarmed because he talked really fast, but that was understandable knowing the fact that he always had many patients waiting, Busy professionals in general talk really fast, because they know what they talk about and time is so valuable! So do not think he is not humanitarian enough with you,he is there doing the best he can to serve everyone in town.We love the new meds!!!
ADHD Pateitnt in Fayettville,NC – Apr 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?
RUN AWAY.Son is high-functioning autistic-I asked for referral for OT/ABA.He said my son didn't need it & only wanted to talk about meds.After I pressed, he said he would make a referral to the Haymount Institute for therapy. Never listenedSix months & nothing, and then at an office visit he suggested my son get ABA and OT and surprise! He had just hired someone who did that. Checked with Haymount Institute and referral was never made.Priority is $, NOT your child.He should have license revoked.
Cynthia in Fayetteville, NC – Jan 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Matlack, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Matlack?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry