Dr. Robert Mastey, MD

Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery | Male

Dr. Robert Mastey, MD
Dr. Mastey began his studies at Colgate College where he received his B.A. in Economics. He continued with graduate studies at Hahnemann Medical School where he was awarded a Master's in Applied Human Physiology. Dr. Mastey earned his medical degree at the University of Dentistry and Medicine of New Jersey. Dr. Mastey completed his Post Graduate training in General Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery at Duke University Medical Center. His Fellowship at Rhode Island Hospital/Brown University School of Medicine, focused on Hand and Upper Extremities. The Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics recruited Dr. Mastey to join the practice in 1996. He specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Disorders.

Dr. Mastey's Care Philosophy

"I know that meeting the needs of a patient with a nagging tennis elbow is equally as important as someone with a significant orthopaedic challenge that requires surgical attention. Turning challenges into opportunities that promote movement for a patient is just the best reward you can have." – Dr. Robert Mastey

Dr. Mastey's Experience

See how Dr. Mastey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mastey

Dr. Mastey accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Mastey is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mastey has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mastey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mastey to family and friends
Dr. Mastey Says:

Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate all feedback as our goal is to provide the best in patient care.

Dr. Mastey's Performance
in Ooltewah, TN |
I was very happy to have Dr Mastey treat my fracture. He's very personable, with very bedside manners. He explained everything extremely well and took a lot of time with me. He was a God sent. Thank you Dr Mastey and staff for a he pleasant experience.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Brilliant physician! Best ortho in Chattanooga - takes difficult cases that other physicians send to him and he performs an excellent job providing the best possible outcome.
Collegedale TN |
Dr Mastey and his staff always went above and beyond. They always answered my questions and he was forthcoming about my condition and need for surgery. I appreciate all their efforts.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Mastey goes up and above to help you. Performed a surgery that I had put off for awhile. It completely corrected my issue (carpal and cubital tunnel surgery). I didn't even need pain killers after the surgery and I was doing normal tasks less than two weeks after the surgery. He even took time to hear about and treat another issue during my follow up on the previous surgery. Very pleased.
in cleveland, tn |
You could not make a better selection for shoulder surgery. My primary physician recommended Dr. Mastey for my shoulder repair. Dr. Mastey did a great job and I am very pleased with him and his staff. If I ever need surgery on my arm, hand or shoulder Dr. Mastey will be my choice surgeon. A very nice person. I thank him again....
in Chattanooga, TN |
An excellent compassionate doctor, I absolutely would recommend this doctor.
in dr. Robert Mastey |
I had a torn rotator cuff for 16 years, when dr. mastey opperated on me he said it might be too late to do much good. He built muscle where there was none and now for the first time in over 16 years I can play foot ball with my 14 grand children, work again and all with no pain. I just can't say enough about dr. Mastey has done for me. Now he is doing carpel tunnel on both wrists and my elbow's. AND ALL WITH NO NEED FOR PAIN MEDS. Thank you so much dr. Mastey
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Mastey and his staff were absolutely amazing. They were friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. My outpatient surgery went well and Dr. Mastey called me personally the same day to see how I was doing and answer any questions that I had. My symptoms from my carpal tunnel were relieved that very night with minimal surgical discomfort. After all the years and reservations I had about having the surgery I was more than happy with the outcome and highly recommend him.
in Ringgold, Ga. |
Very considerate, knows what he is doing. I saw Dr. Mastey for a terrible hand problem which I was told by other doctors would require surgery but Dr. Mastey said he would try alternative treatment and it has not been a problem since. I would highly recommend Dr. Mastey.
in Dalton, GA |
Dr. Mastey is an amazing surgeon! His bedside manner is like no other that I have ever experienced. After surgery it wasn't a nurse calling to follow up with how I was doing, but Dr. Mastey himself, and when I didn't answer the first few days he continued to call until he was able to talk to me personally. I prefer not to have any more surgeries like the one I had, but should it become necessary again he will be the one I want to do it, and would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Crossville Tn |
Dr Mastey is very professional and excellent with his work. I would highly recommend him! Connie Lewis
in Chattanooga, TN |
I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Mastey, both with excellent results. Dr. Mastey and his staff are very knowledgeable, caring, responsive and were a pleasure to partner with for my healthcare needs. He is truly a doctor I felt cared about me as a patient and also as a person. The best of the best right here in Chattanooga!
in Chattanooga, TN |
My experience with Dr. Mastey, who performed a trigger release surgery on my right middle finger, was excellent. Very professional and personable, Dr. Mastey's care and focus is the well-being of his patient. He'll be my doctor for hand issues from now on!
in Chattanooga, TN |
No BONES about it, Dr. Mastey is the best orthopedist around. I have to HAND it to him and the JOINT effort of his staff for making my experience the best it could possibly be.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Mastey and staff took great care of me from surgery to follow up. Highly recommended!
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Heather.
in Chickamauga, GA |
He is an excellent doctor!!!!!
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Brandon.
in Decatur, TN |
Dr. Mastey worked miracles with my wrist in a very short time. I went from unable to complete ordinary tasks to completely functional in less than 6 weeks. I could not be more satisfied in his staff and hospital personnel.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Jerome.
in Cleveland, TN |
I am very active and with that has come my share of mishaps. Dr Mastey explains exactly what is wrong and how we are going to repair. I sincerely trust him, his medical knowledge and his judgment. The entire staff is friendly and makes you feel at ease even through some not-so-easy time.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Audrey.
Very good doctor.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Tricia.
in Chattanooga, TN |
I recommend Dr. Mastey because he is a caring doctor and an excellent surgeon.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Sherry.
in Rising Fawn, GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Mastey's for 10+ years and I will not l anyone else treat my upper extremities. Most recently, he did a cubital release on the right and then 2 weeks later he did a cubital release, ulnar release and carpal tunnel release on the left. No numbness which is awesome! He knows what he is talking about. He listens when you talk to get the full picture of your condition.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Susan.
in Tunnel Hill, Ga |
Jerome D. Prince ....Tunnel Hill, Ga I had surgery for Dupuytren on my right hand some 15 yrs. ago. Recovery was slow. I had Dupuytren on my left , drawing my ring finger toward my palm. I went to Dr. Mastey who told me about injection on Wed. 1/13/2016..The follow up was on Fri. 1/15/2016. The procedure went great , Dr. Mastey did an excellent job. My finger is stright now had some swelling Overall everything is great Thanks to Dr Mastey.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Jerome.
in South Pittsburg TN |
It is a wonderful dr. He took the time to call and check to make sure everything was going ok.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Patricia.
in South Pittsburg tn |
He is a wonderful doctor.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Patricia.
in Cleveland, TN |
Dr. Mastey provided a thorough explanation of my condition, procedure to fix my problem and what to expect afterwards. The procedure went very well with minimal discomfort and the pain I had prior to surgery is completely resolved. I highly recommend Dr Mastey!
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Linda.
in Ooltewah, TN |
Dr. Mastey performed carpal/cubital/ulnar release surgery on both hands and elbows. He thoroughly explained the procedure in advance and answered all my questions about post operative pain and recovery. The surgeries were done two weeks apart and they went exactly as Dr. Mastey described. There was little post operative pain and I was back to work in short order. I would highly recommend Dr. Mastey, he's personable and funny and I enjoyed our interactions.
Thank you for taking the time to review us, Joe.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Mastey, MD?

Compare Dr. Mastey

Dr. Mastey says...

Dr. Mastey began his studies at Colgate College where he received his B.A. in Economics. He continued with graduate studies at Hahnemann Medical School where he was awarded a Master's in Applied Human Physiology. Dr. Mastey earned his medical degree at the University of Dentistry and Medicine of New Jersey.

Dr. Mastey's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mastey says...

Dr. Mastey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Mastey has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mastey's Board Certifications

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Trigger Finger

Duke University School Of Medicine
    Duke University Med Center

Dr. Mastey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mastey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery