Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male

Dr. Louis Jr

The Brain and Spine Center at Hoag

3900 W Coast Hwy Ste 300 Newport Beach, CA 92663

Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from American University of The Caribbean / School of Medicine and specializes in neurosurgery, neurological skull base surgery, and more.

Dr. Louis Jr accepts

Dr. Louis Jr accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross
Prudent Buyer
Tricare
Prime
PacifiCare PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Louis Jr' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr Louis employs a thoughtfully conservative approach, dedicated to delivering outstanding and patient-centered neurosurgical care.

• Neurosurgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Louis Jr

Dr. Louis Jr?
Dr. Louis Jr' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD
I had spine fusion from Dr. Louis. I had intractable pain in my legs, and post surgery I have no leg nerve pain. He's a fantastic doctor and I would recommend him highly. I have a medical background so I feel qualified to recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
Dr. Louis is an incredible Surgeon with a matching bedside manor. I was diagnosed with a benign Meningioma and he was able to not only remove it completely, but I now back up and operational just 2 weeks after surgery. I can't say enough about this gentleman, his office staff, the hospital staff and everyone involved in my surgery and recovery. Hands down the best decision I made was going to Dr. Louis for my needs. THANK YOU!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
I had a Meningioma tumor pressing on a critical area of my brain affecting my speech. Dr. Louis uses a new 3D technology which shows the tumor in color on all sides. He knew exactly where the tumor was and precisely how to remove before the surgery. He was in the recovery room when I woke up and made morning and evening visits while I was in the hospital. Absolutely wonderful doctor! In addition, his office staff, Miriam, Nicole, and Jeanine are kind and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Louis. I was diagnosed with severe Chiari Malformation and he did a decompression surgery on me. He did a phenomenal job and I'm feeling much better than before the surgery as I had multiple debilitating symptoms. Not only was he professional, he was sincere, very caring, approachable and friendly. Every interaction with him in the hospital and in his office was great because he shows his patients respect and kindness. I will always be grateful to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
I cannot say enough about Dr. Louis and his office team at The Brain & Spine Center. He takes time to answer EVERY question I have with patience. He visited me each day in the hospital and even sat and answered all of my families questions as well. He has a youth and energy that makes him easy-going and relatable, but an intelligence and authority that makes you comfortable and at ease. He is sincere, caring, straightforward, attentive, considerate, and even comforting. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
Excellent doctor. He saved my vision by removing a tumor that was pressing against my optic nerve. Highly recommend him. It's been 3 years ago since the surgery and I still maintain a quality of life. Will always be thankful for Dr. Louis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
I came to him for a diagnosis regarding an acoustic neuroma. With no hesitation, he mentioned that I would need an 18 hour surgery with nearly a month in the hospital for recovery and become deaf. He also said my tumor was too large for alternative options. I chose and now my hearing is intact and my tumor has shrunk significantly.
I apologize if you feel you had a bad experience....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
This man is amazing! My husband had a pituitary tumor removed and Spinal surgery done by him and everything went beautifully. I highly recommend him !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
He saved my life!! removed a tumor I had in my pituitary gland and, didn't only take the time to walk me through each step and answer all my questions but he was there every step of the way to answer my calls (even at 2am!). He is amazing!!!! On top of that his office staff is super nice and responsive. I hope I don't have to have another surgery but, if I did, I would have no hesitation to go to him again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
Dr. Louis was very thorough, open, and willing to share all the information he had about our daughter's tumor with out family. He did regular visits with her while in ICU and and when she transferred to 3E. He delivered a difficult message to us regarding her tumor with factual information and a caring smile that gave us confidence in his recommendations and her care! We also did a lot of research on him and he is highly respected throughout the industry for his work. Thank you Dr. Louis!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
I was diagnosed with Acromegaly in '13 (different physician) went thru the transsphenoidal surgery, monthly injections, and radiation treatment all with minimal result. I then luckily found Dr. Louis; struggling with continuous abnormal labs, he discussed at length with me my options, and we collaboratively decided that a second surgey would offer the best possible outcome. Post surgery, my labs are the best they've ever been since the orig. diagnosis. I highly recommend Dr. Louis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
Dr. Louis did my spinal fusion surgery in December 2015. He and he staff are terrific. I felt that they listened to my concerns and answered all questions I had. Dr. Louis took his time at my appointments and did not make me feel like he was rushing to get to the next patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
Awesome Dr and Staff. Very friendly and takes the time to explain everything. Doesn't keep you waiting in the waiting room, respects you and your time. Believes that surgery should be a last resort so promotes other methods first. I think he should teach a class to other Dr's The right way to run your practice and treat your patients
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?
I went to see Dr Lewis in February he told me about my spine that is compressed I ask him how he could help me he said he could do a decompression on my spine to make more room for the nerves I have chronic sciatica & spinal stenosis on another appointment what kind of decompression surgery would he do he wouldn't tell me I said I wanted to know he got angry he told me surgery is months away I told him I'm not waiting that long I went to another doctor who will help me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Louis Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Louis Jr?