Dr. Robert Klapper, MD

Dr. Robert Klapper, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 59 years old

45 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Klapper specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in West Hollywood, CA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Klapper? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Klapper's Experience

See how Dr. Klapper's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Klapper

Dr. Klapper accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Klapper has admitting privileges.

Dr. Klapper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Klapper to family and friends
Dr. Klapper's Performance
in Los Angeles, CA |
I researched 4 different Dr's for this surgery. I'm 67 years old and have never been in a hospital, so this was a traumatic experience for me. The minute I met Dr Klapper and his staff I knew I was in the right place. The entire staff has been unbelievable as I do require a bit more attention to be reassured. If you have to have this surgery you need not go anywhere else.
Encino, CA |
Dr. Klapper is wonderful and would highly recommend him!
Burbank, CA |
I'm just in my second week of recovery after a total hip replacement with Dr Klapper but so far I've had a very positive experience. I appreciated his point of view from our first meeting (try & climb on top of the problem with exercise & physio before surgery!) and also his constructive confident approach when this didn't prove sufficient after three months of effort. Best of all -- I spoke to several of his previous patients who were very happy with their experience.
in Agoura Hills |
Dr. Klapper is by far one of the best surgeons that I have ever had the pleasure of working on me if you want fast Recover and limited pain, then he shoukd be your first choice. I started walking within the first 3 days of total hip replacement surgery. it's been 14 days now and I can go up and down my driveway with little to no pain whatsoever.
Oak Park, CA |
Dr. Klapper makes you feel very comfortable about your decision, and being in his care makes you feel less anxious about the potential negative outcomes.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
I feel Dr Klapper done a great job on my knee replacement, the extra care and constant communication has been tremendous in peace of mind through the healing process
in Ventura, CA |
Thank you Dr. Klapper for your skill and kindness before, during and following the hip surgery. You are a credit to the medical profession.
in North Hollywood, CA |
He's very popular and hard to get an appointment with, but worth the wait. Great bedside and office manner.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Great specialist in their field! A very competent doctor and a lovely person!!!
in Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 |
There are long waiting periods not only to get an appt. but also on appt. day. Dr. Klapper is the VERY BEST at what he does so there is high demand. Bring a book to read. The waiting room could use an upgrade. Chairs are worn showing proof of just how many people he sees on any given day. This doctor is worth the wait time on every level and you will not find a more honest, knowledgeable doc for shoulders, hips and knees.I highly recommend him. He loves questions so right them down before you go
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Klapper exudes confidence in his ability to assess and improve my condition and he communicates his desire well to help me recovery. His empathy help me overcome my fears of having the surgery. It was also important to me that he didn't push for scheduling the surgery but his telling me that I would know when my condition had deteriorated to the point that surgery was the only option.
in Oxnard, CA |
Dr Klapper is a Master of orthopedics, but it's his artistry and desire for the very best for each his patients that drew me to him. After two total hip replacements 4 1/2 months apart, my rapid recovery is attributed to his expertise at his craft, his generosity with his time, but more importantly is his curiosity in the science of orthopedic medicine and how EVERY patient is different, thus the artist in him separates the rest. Not to mention, he's a pretty cool dude as well. Keep it UP!!!
in North Hollywood, CA |
He has an excellent track record. He's highly recommended by former patients, and is responsive to each patient's concerns. Another fact in his favor is that he does each surgery from start to finish, without using interns to open or close.
in Los Angeles, CA |
When it comes to hip replacements, I think it is extremely important to have a surgeon with deep experience in the procedure. I did a great deal of research to find such a surgeon. I read Dr Klapper's wonderfully informative book, "Heal Your Hips" and found it very useful, even though I have been through a hip replacement before. I did four months of his water workout (every day) in preparation, and as a result I am recovering better than expected, I think. You will be in safe hands with him.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Klapper and his team were very direct with me and we're kind and answered all of my questions. Also, they followed up with me as promised and checked in with me every day (via email) to make sure I was healing and recovering without problems or concerns.
very professional
in Toluca Lake, CA |
I'm a 57 year old male that suffered from avascular necrosis (AVN) of the right hip. I had core decompression surgery in May 2016 to try and save the hip. At first, it seemed like it was getting better, but in late September it progressively got worse and more debilitating. Dr. Klapper has always been there for me no matter when I needed him. I cannot thank him enough for my new hip that is recovering remarkably and no need for pain pills since surgery.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Anytime I had a question,he always made himself available.
in Los Angeles, CA |
D. Klapper will listen to you about your concerns, and he's not affaid to spend time doing it, either. He's the best.
in Arlington, VA |
Competence literally oozes from this doctor. I'm from the East coast but am currently based in SE Asia. Why did I come all the way to CA? Short answer: Dr Robert Klapper. I had/have full confidence that he will always "get it right" the first time.
in Beverly Hills, CA |
Not only is he a great surgeon but he genuinely cares for his patients.
in Arcadia, CA |
I have 2 hips replacement surgeries and shortly planning to go back to work and ballroom dancing. Thank you so much to Dr. Klapper and and all his staff.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Klapper.is clearly among the best surgeons in his area of expertise--he explains everything carefully, takes your concerns seriously, and he's also a very nice and encouraging guy. My only issue is common to all in-demand doctors: it can take a while to get an answers from his office on questions that arise during the process. For instance, prescribed home physical therapy didn't contact me until a week after my surgery.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I have had 4 successful surgeries with Dr. Klapper. He is The Best! And his supporting staff are wonderful, they always are warm and kind. I wish all doctors cared as much as Dr Klapper does about making his patients feel special..never rushing you always explaining your concerns in detail. Dr Klapper is a true healer!
in Beverly Hills, CA |
Dr. Klapper has reconstructed my right knee several years ago and I have not esperienced any set backs and was actually able to mediaclly qualify to become a reserve police officer back in 1993, I have been able to play sports and work out with no pain in my right knee. Anyone looking for an excellent Knee or Shoulder operation I always suggest Dr. Klapper #1 to all my friends and associates.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Klapper, MD?
Are you Dr. Klapper?

Dr. Klapper's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Klapper has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Klapper's Board Certifications

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Kerlan Jobe Ortho Clin
    Ld Dorr Centinela Hospital

Completed in 1989

• Hebrew

Dr. Klapper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Klapper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery