Dr. Robert Klapper, MD

Dr. Robert Klapper, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Klapper, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in West Hollywood, CA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Klapper is affiliated with Cedars - Sinai Medical Center.

8737 Beverly Blvd Ste 303

West Hollywood, CA 90048

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Klapper

See how frequently Dr. Klapper performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis
Bone Disorders
Knee Disorders

Dr. Klapper's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians and Surgeons
  • Kerlan Jobe Ortho Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Ld Dorr Centinela Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Klapper has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Klapper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Klapper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Klapper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Klapper to family and friends
Dr. Klapper's Performance
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
Dr. Klapper’s positive outlook and enthusiasim in his work is contagious and helps with the healing process.
in North Hollywood CA |
Dr. Klapper is the best doctor that I would recommend to anyone. He is honest and helps you understand everything from beginning to end. He makes me feel at ease knowing that he will be performing everything. I could not ask for a better doctor. He’s amazing and he’s a genius at what he does.
in Burbank, CA |
Dr. Klapper is very focused and efficient. He also has a wonderful way with people; both with his patients and his exceptional support staff. I couldn’t recommend anyone more highly.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Terrific surgeon, inspires confidence. excellent bedside manner (which is rare). Have already recommended him to people.
Westlake Village, CA |
Dr. Klapper is simply the best for hip replacement. I've had 2 with him over the past 15 months. I live over an hour away, in Thousand Oaks, from Cedars Sinai, where he practices. Even the physical therapists out here have the same opinion. His patients always get excellent results. He has a big heart, as well, and is very accommodating to your special needs.
in San Juan Capistrano , Ca |
I believe that Dr Klapper is the best! One of the reasons I came from Orange County to LA to have thus surgery. Dr Klappers love, passion & expertise are so apparent from his first HELLO.. He continually researches better & easier ways to do these surgeries and keeps current with breakthroughs in his field. But almost as important, he truly loves and cares for each patient as if they are family. He's not only the best surgeon but a kind and compassionate human being. Thank you Dr. Klapper.
Long Beach, CA |
Very knowledgeable in his field. No nonsense and will tell you what your options are. Had my right done last year. Came back this year to get my left knee done.
in Northridge, CA |
What can one say about someone you hardly know. However in the case of Dr Klapper in the brief time we spent together I was impressed by his confidence his genuine concern and his absolute professionalism. And his presence and personality were awesome I am very grateful I have him as my Dr.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Dr Klapper is an outstanding physician and surgeon. Add to that an attitude of unflappable, "can do" confidence and optimism, and an air of positive, upbeat energy and you have an extraordinary professional at the top of his game. I cannot recommend Dr. Klapper too highly.
in Agoura Hills, CA |
My hip had disintegrated due to arthritis. I could not take a step without awful pain. I ended up with a cane and then a wheelchair. My life closed in on me and I was terrified I would never regain my independence. Dr. Klapper gave me my life back! It has been 2 weeks since my surgery and I am a new woman! I am walking comfortably with walker....but expect that will go next week! You have nothing to worry about when you enter the operating room...Dr. Klapper is in control and works miracles!
in Palisades, Ca |
Dr Klapper is great professional excellent bedside manner caring
in Lancaster, CA |
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Klapper and his team. He prepares you, coaches you, and follows up on you like no one I have every been associated with. I think the best testimony I can give is so say that once I got home from surgery and met with my physical therapist, he couldn't believe that I was walking and exercising at the level I was. He said that in the 15 years & thousands of hip replacement patients he had seen, I was by far the most advanced. He's the best!
in Woodland Hills, CA |
I was very pleased by my experience with Dr Klapper. I never felt pressured to move forward with surgery and Dr Klapper, unlike the previous Dr I saw, offered alternative therapies that were extremely effective. When the time finally came to have my surgery Dr Klapper and his office and surgical support team were world class. I feel very fortunate and grateful to have received such excellent care.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Klapper is an experienced, knowledgeable surgeon and has a very organized and professional team.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Klapper is extremely professional and very kind. He has replaced my hip & one knee & I have recommended him to several friends. He really loves what he does and cares about his patients.
Los Angeles, CA |
He is a rock star. Can be a bit brusk, but when he is with you, he is there for you 100%. You must be proactive with this doctor and have a list of questions when you see him. Very satisfied with results.
Los Angeles, CA |
Extremely knowledgeable in his field. Bedside manner the best!
in Los Angeles, CA |
We had great results with the hip replacement surgery. Dr. Klapper has excellent bed side manners. He assures the patient and the family, to be confident and happy with his skills and the procedure.
in Los Angeles, CA |
An exceptional surgeon in every way a surgeon can be exceptional. From Dr.Klapper's initial diagnosis of my particular knee problem, to his post operative visit to my hospital room Dr.Klapper proved himself to be every bit the master physician that my research of him said he was. A full throated recommendation from me.
in Los Angeles, CA |
If you are looking for professionalism, honesty and an overall feeling that your health is the premier interest of all; Dr. Klapper and his staff are for you.
in Los Angeles |
I went to Dr. Klapper years ago when I had broken a toe. I had also taken classes from Linda years ago. When I started having hip problems my chiropractor handed me Heal Your Hips and Heal Your Knees. When I finallt went to my doctor and found out I was probably going to need surgery, there was never any question who I was going to. It felt like destiny! And the fact that he didn't just rush me into surgery made a difference too. I am sooooo happy with the outcome....and Dr. Klapper!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I researched 4 different Dr's for this surgery. I'm 67 years old and have never been in a hospital, so this was a traumatic experience for me. The minute I met Dr Klapper and his staff I knew I was in the right place. The entire staff has been unbelievable as I do require a bit more attention to be reassured. If you have to have this surgery you need not go anywhere else.
Encino, CA |
Dr. Klapper is wonderful and would highly recommend him!
Burbank, CA |
I'm just in my second week of recovery after a total hip replacement with Dr Klapper but so far I've had a very positive experience. I appreciated his point of view from our first meeting (try & climb on top of the problem with exercise & physio before surgery!) and also his constructive confident approach when this didn't prove sufficient after three months of effort. Best of all -- I spoke to several of his previous patients who were very happy with their experience.
in Agoura Hills |
Dr. Klapper is by far one of the best surgeons that I have ever had the pleasure of working on me if you want fast Recover and limited pain, then he shoukd be your first choice. I started walking within the first 3 days of total hip replacement surgery. it's been 14 days now and I can go up and down my driveway with little to no pain whatsoever.
Oak Park, CA |
Dr. Klapper makes you feel very comfortable about your decision, and being in his care makes you feel less anxious about the potential negative outcomes.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
I feel Dr Klapper done a great job on my knee replacement, the extra care and constant communication has been tremendous in peace of mind through the healing process
in Ventura, CA |
Thank you Dr. Klapper for your skill and kindness before, during and following the hip surgery. You are a credit to the medical profession.
in North Hollywood, CA |
He's very popular and hard to get an appointment with, but worth the wait. Great bedside and office manner.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Great specialist in their field! A very competent doctor and a lovely person!!!
in Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 |
There are long waiting periods not only to get an appt. but also on appt. day. Dr. Klapper is the VERY BEST at what he does so there is high demand. Bring a book to read. The waiting room could use an upgrade. Chairs are worn showing proof of just how many people he sees on any given day. This doctor is worth the wait time on every level and you will not find a more honest, knowledgeable doc for shoulders, hips and knees.I highly recommend him. He loves questions so right them down before you go
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Klapper exudes confidence in his ability to assess and improve my condition and he communicates his desire well to help me recovery. His empathy help me overcome my fears of having the surgery. It was also important to me that he didn't push for scheduling the surgery but his telling me that I would know when my condition had deteriorated to the point that surgery was the only option.
in Oxnard, CA |
Dr Klapper is a Master of orthopedics, but it's his artistry and desire for the very best for each his patients that drew me to him. After two total hip replacements 4 1/2 months apart, my rapid recovery is attributed to his expertise at his craft, his generosity with his time, but more importantly is his curiosity in the science of orthopedic medicine and how EVERY patient is different, thus the artist in him separates the rest. Not to mention, he's a pretty cool dude as well. Keep it UP!!!
in North Hollywood, CA |
He has an excellent track record. He's highly recommended by former patients, and is responsive to each patient's concerns. Another fact in his favor is that he does each surgery from start to finish, without using interns to open or close.
in Los Angeles, CA |
When it comes to hip replacements, I think it is extremely important to have a surgeon with deep experience in the procedure. I did a great deal of research to find such a surgeon. I read Dr Klapper's wonderfully informative book, "Heal Your Hips" and found it very useful, even though I have been through a hip replacement before. I did four months of his water workout (every day) in preparation, and as a result I am recovering better than expected, I think. You will be in safe hands with him.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Klapper and his team were very direct with me and we're kind and answered all of my questions. Also, they followed up with me as promised and checked in with me every day (via email) to make sure I was healing and recovering without problems or concerns.
very professional
in Toluca Lake, CA |
I'm a 57 year old male that suffered from avascular necrosis (AVN) of the right hip. I had core decompression surgery in May 2016 to try and save the hip. At first, it seemed like it was getting better, but in late September it progressively got worse and more debilitating. Dr. Klapper has always been there for me no matter when I needed him. I cannot thank him enough for my new hip that is recovering remarkably and no need for pain pills since surgery.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Anytime I had a question,he always made himself available.
in Los Angeles, CA |
D. Klapper will listen to you about your concerns, and he's not affaid to spend time doing it, either. He's the best.
in Arlington, VA |
Competence literally oozes from this doctor. I'm from the East coast but am currently based in SE Asia. Why did I come all the way to CA? Short answer: Dr Robert Klapper. I had/have full confidence that he will always "get it right" the first time.
in Beverly Hills, CA |
Not only is he a great surgeon but he genuinely cares for his patients.
in Arcadia, CA |
I have 2 hips replacement surgeries and shortly planning to go back to work and ballroom dancing. Thank you so much to Dr. Klapper and and all his staff.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Klapper.is clearly among the best surgeons in his area of expertise--he explains everything carefully, takes your concerns seriously, and he's also a very nice and encouraging guy. My only issue is common to all in-demand doctors: it can take a while to get an answers from his office on questions that arise during the process. For instance, prescribed home physical therapy didn't contact me until a week after my surgery.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I have had 4 successful surgeries with Dr. Klapper. He is The Best! And his supporting staff are wonderful, they always are warm and kind. I wish all doctors cared as much as Dr Klapper does about making his patients feel special..never rushing you always explaining your concerns in detail. Dr Klapper is a true healer!
in Beverly Hills, CA |
Dr. Klapper has reconstructed my right knee several years ago and I have not esperienced any set backs and was actually able to mediaclly qualify to become a reserve police officer back in 1993, I have been able to play sports and work out with no pain in my right knee. Anyone looking for an excellent Knee or Shoulder operation I always suggest Dr. Klapper #1 to all my friends and associates.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Klapper, MD?
Are you Dr. Klapper?