Spinal Cord Injury Medicine  |
Dr. Robert Kimber, MD
Dr. Robert Kimber, MD is a spinal cord injury medicine doctor who practices in Gulfport, MS. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Kimber is affiliated with Biloxi Regional Medical Center.

12337 Ashley Dr Ste F

Gulfport, MS 39503

Dr. Robert Kimber, MD

• Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Kimber

See how frequently Dr. Kimber performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Excision of Tibia or Fibula
Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Kimber's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kimber "I treat my patients like I would a family member. I deeply believe in the healing power of the holy spirit and pray daily that my work can serve as a humble channel for good in this world."

• Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Kimber does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acrodysplasia Scoliosis
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cavernous Malformation of Spine
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuritis

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Total Disc Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Vanderbilt Univ
  • Trauma and Limb Reconstructiion Royal Brisbane Hospital Queenslandd Australia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • International Guest Surgeon Klinikum Karlsbad Langensteinbach
    Other Education | Completed 1997

Dr. Kimber has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kimber has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kimber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kimber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kimber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kimber to family and friends
Dr. Kimber's Performance
in Bay St Louis |
He is great!
in Pascagoula, MS |
Dr Kimber is good at keeping you informed and telling you exactly what will be done and why. Very knowledgeable and personable. My surgery relieved severe neck arm and back pain and my activity is no longer limited. Movement in my neck has also improved side to side and up and down.
in Biloxi MS |
Dr. Robert Kimber is great at explaining things really well. My surgery has relieved my pain-EVERYTHING is better. All activities have improved. I am able to write now and tie my shoes. I no longer have to use my cane.
Baton Rouge, LA |
I have had to see quite a few doctors and surgeons over the years for various issues. The experience I had working with Dr.Kimber and his staff proved that there are still Doctors that care about you. He gives HUGS and smiles and results!
in Gulfport, MS |
Dr. Kimber is excellent. Great Physician! He cares about his patients. My surgery was done 11/2016. I have been doing well! My arms and hands have not been having much numbness and tingling like they were before the surgery Everyone in office has been excellent-Great Service. I know I will continue to have more improvement and that Dr. Kimber and staff will be there for me if I need them! Thank You Bertha Walker
in Perkingston , MS |
Personable Calm and Smart Doctor I was suffering with low back pain and I had loss of movement and was unable to get off chairs or floors. I am now returning to gardening, running, riding, biking and dancing after my operation.
in Seminary, MS |
We like everything about Dr. Kimber He talks to us in ways we understand He was very nice to us in the hospital Office staff is very helpful I had lots of pain with most activities and trouble with walking before my surgery Walking is much better and less pain now
in Pascagoula, MS |
Dr. Kimber and his staff are great folks! The whole office is comprised of great folks-Dr. Kimber considers you as a whole person -He is so compassionate and very friendly. My surgery by Dr. Kimber has alleviated all my pain in right arm and shoulder. My arm no longer hurts 24/7 and I can move it over my head again! Margaret Johnson
in Gautier MS |
Love my doc! Highly recommend.
in Saucier, MS |
I went to see Dr Kimber. Was really impressed. But after he did his surgery I lost all respect for him and his nurse. I've called asked that the Dr call me. He did not. I call back the next day and am told the Dr dosent call ppl on the phone, Which he has already done with me. He told me before surgery he would take care of me. If I would have known he was going to let me go through DT,s cause I've been seeing a pain Mgt Dr for 13 yr now. And now that I've had surgery I can't even go to the pain
in Ocean Springs MS |
Just 3 weeks after my surgery-no pain in standing or walking short distance! I sing Dr. Kimber's praises everywhere I go. Before I came to see him I was in terrible pain. I could not stand or walk-even tiny distance. He is a stinking genius!!!:)
in gulfport, ms |
EVERYTHING has improved since I had my back surgery. I could not do anything and I was in extreme pain in my lower back. Even walking was difficult. Now my pain is gone everything is good and I am active. Dr Kimber is very knowledgeable. He is great. Amarta Riley
I was having headaches neck pain nerve and muscle pain-did I mention daily and severe?!? I could NOT go fishing,rake, mop or sweep all were very painful. He is an excellent man and doctor and never talks down to me. I can tell that I am important to him. My surgery has helped me and now I can do anything I want. If I have pain now it is very minor. Everyone in the office is very sweet, polite , kind, attentive and they care about me :) LOL Laurie Scruggs
in Panama City, 08 |
Much improved nerve pain since my surgery. Doctor Kimber is great. My experience with his office has been all good. Malcolm Besnard
in Biloxi MS |
Dr. Kimber is wonderful! He made sure I was well informed and up to date before my procedure. He made sure I was comfortable. He ALWAYS makes me feel SAFE. Everyone in office is wonderful. They are so helpful and go above and beyond for me. When I went to see Dr. Kimber I had headaches pain and numbness and tingling in both legs. I could not drive or do house work and had trouble walking. I really had difficulty with any physical activities. After my procedure my numbness and tingling is gone
in waveland MS |
Dr. Kimber is fantastic. I went to see him because I had sharp pains in my neck that would arise suddenly and linger for weeks. I also had a constant shooting and tingling sensation in my left arm. I could not fish or hunt. After my surgery I am 100% better. About to go turkey hunting now!
in Moss Point MS |
My surgery went great and my life has improved My lifestyle is so much better and I have little to no pain now. Dr K is great!! Staff as well!! Very helpful kind and thoughtful. Thank You!! Eddie Hodges 4/10/17
in Gulfport Mississippi |
By Cindy Fitzhugh. Dr. Kimber is a very respectful nice gentleman. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a doctor for neck or back problems. I was in an accident and had severe pain in my neck and shoulders and my arms were numb. I had an ACDF an now I am so much better. My numbness is all gone. His staff is wonderful.
in Biloxi, MS |
Kimberly Gomez March 27 2017 Imho, Dr. Robert Kimber is an excellent surgeon. I had lower lumbar fusion surgery on January 24th and my back hasn't felt this strong in 2 years. I was in excruciating pain for so long that I had forgotten what it felt like to be pain free and not have to calculate my every move. Now all I have is sore muscles while healing, but it's getting less and less each day. Thank you, Dr. Kimber for your expertise and fixing me!
in Wiggins, MS |
I was in such a bad state with my neck. I could not turn my head or there would be a snapping spasm. I could not drive or do much and was in pain all the time and the pressure was unbearable. I was weak and having difficulty every day. My family doctor in Wiggins said that he wanted to send me to "the finest Christian doctor he knows" so I agreed to see Dr. Kimber. He did my surgery and not one day of my life have I regretted it. He is AWESOME-just awesome. I have almost no pain and absolutely
in Montevallo AL |
After struggling with massive back pain I wanted to find the most qualified surgeon so I researched on the internet and found Dr. Kimber. He saw me very quickly and was very informative and he explains what he has to do to help. Which he sure did. I am so happy with my care. I feel so much better and am living again.He is a great doctor and is one of the funniest people I have ever met.
in MS |
I had severe back , foot and leg pain. I could not even stand up straight. I was sent by Dr. Yearwood who said that Dr. Kimber is the only surgeon who can help me. He was absolutely correct. My life is so much better now. I have resumed all activities I have not done in years and I HAVE NO PAIN. My entire experience with Dr. Kimber and his office has been Great!
in Moss Point MS |
If you have any problems with your back that need attention..you need to speak to this doc! I suffered for several years with 10/10 left leg pain, lower back pain and a foot drop. Dr. Kimber explained in great detail and in understandable terminology what needed to be done and what I would experience from surgery. I feel so much better now-foot drop is gone. If you dont have the good fortune of seeing him first-get a second opinion from him before you have surgery elsewhere!!
in Jackson, MS |
The best Doctor in the country. He can fix you if you're hurting and need help.
Las Vegas, NV |
Great experience. Awesome doc
in Pascagoula MS |
I was in pure agony before my surgery. Now I am much improved. Have told many friends and family members to go see him. He immediately diagnosed my problem and told me what surgery could help with and what would happen.
in Ocean Springs MS |
I cant say enough about how much my life has improved. I am walking better my balance is much better and I am not having to take pain medications for the first time in as long as i can remember.
in Gulfport, MS |
I love Dr. Kimber and his staff. They are all sweethearts. Dr. kimber did great surgery for me and got me back to sleeping at night and working during the day.
in MS |
Great Surgeon. Very trustworthy. Recommend to anyone
in McDavid, FL |
Dr. Kimber helped me get out of a hospital bed and back to walking and enjoying social events with my family. He is very kind and compassionate.
in Biloxi, MS |
He is a caring careful surgeon I would send any of my family to and have! I am significantly improved after my ACDF.
Ocean Springs MS |
excellent well trained surgeon-he takes time to explain what needs to be fixed and has excellent bedside manner office staff is exceptional they treat you like family
in Gulfport MS |
I am glad I found him. He has been a blessing to me.
in Biloxi, MS |
I would absolutely without hesitation tell every one I meet-not just friends and family- I tell complete strangers about him because he changed my life --- he is an excellent surgeon.
in new orleans La |
caring physician. excellent surgeon.
in Long Beach, MS |
Dr. Kimber is wonderful and I want to specifically mention Kim and Sheila -they went above and beyond for me and I really appreciated the extra care.
in Boulder, CO |
I heard about Dr. Kimber where I live in Colorado after injuring my L4-L5 disc playing softball. I visited a local surgeon that took months waiting for the appointment, then I didn't like him for several reasons. Dr. Kimber was able to give me a second opinion from Mississippi over the phone and I mailed him my MRI, then he recommended a fusion down in Biloxi. I flew down there within 3 weeks and his staff took great care of me. My back now is healed and I feel better than before the injury!
in Saucier, MS |
Dr. Kimber fixed my back, replacing 3 discs with artificial, functioning discs, fixed my spinal stenosis, and replaced 3 discs in my neck. Before back surgery, I couldn't do anything. Dr. Kimber is patient and knowledgeable and took the time to explain exactly what was wrong and what he needed to do to fix it. He told me how long it would take me to heal, and patiently reminded me of that timeframe when I became impatient. I recommend Dr. Kimber to anyone with back or neck pain. I'm pain free.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Kimber, MD?
Are you Dr. Kimber?

Visit Dr. Kimber

Dr. Kimber accepts 5 insurance carriers
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA