Dr. Robert Kennon, MD

Dr. Robert Kennon, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Kennon, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Middlebury, CT. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read his story

1579 Straits Tpke Ste E

Middlebury, CT 06762

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Connecticare
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Kennon

See how frequently Dr. Kennon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Kennon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kennon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kennon " Dr. Robert Edward "Ted" Kennon is originally from Georgia and moved to Connecticut in 1999. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Tech, and his medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta. He then completed a General Surgery Internship at Yale-New Haven Hospital and a Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery in the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation of the Yale University School of Medicine and Yale-New Haven Hospital in Connecticut. Dr. Kennon continued his training with a Fellowship in Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction with the Keggi Orthopaedic Foundation. Board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Dr. Kennon maintains privileges at the Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford where he performs all of his joint replacement surgeries, Naugatuck Valley Surgical Center in Waterbury. He is an active member of many professional organizations, including a fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Kennon is a frequent presenter at medical conferences and courses throughout the country and has written numerous articles published in peer-reviewed journals, worked on implant design, and lectured on minimally invasive hip replacement and knee replacement techniques. "

This content was provided by Dr. Kennon "Dr. Kennon is committed to providing the most up to date and best care for his patients.  He also brings his expertise and philosophy as a mechanical engineer to orthopaedics and to the operating room, both in solving patient's problems and being involved in prosthetic implant designs."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Ataxia
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Total Joint Replacement
  • Total Joint Replacement and Revision
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Georgia Tech
  • Yale-New Haven Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Keggi Orthopaedic Foundation, Fellowship In Hip and Knee Replacement
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Kennon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kennon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kennon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kennon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kennon to family and friends
Dr. Kennon's Performance
in Marlborough ct |
He did knew replacements on both of my knees. He and hi s staff are not only very professional they all have pleasant personality. My knees are so my better
in Windsor,CT |
I found Dr. Kennon to be an incredibly kind and compassionate surgeon. I had a total hip replacement and the difference pre and post-op for me was life changing. Barely able to walk even with a walker and every step excruciatingly painful, I was beyond joyful when I stood up less than 8 hours after surgery and walked nearly a 100 feet .... Without a whisper of pain. Dr. Kennon told me he was proud of me but he deserves all the praise. He is not only talented but clearly cares about his pt
in Woodbury, Ct |
I am 83 and had a hip replacement on 5/30/17. My first visit, the doctor spent a lot of time explaining the procedure, listened to any questions I had and gave me the book he wrote on this surgery which covred everything you wanted to know. The surgery went extremely well, I was up the same day, driving in two weeks, walking without a cane in 3 weeks. He visited every day in the hospital. He is a very warm, caring doctor who cares about his patients and is a fantastic surgeon.
in Meriden, CT |
Thank God for Dr. Kennon and his staff, as well as everyone at St. Francis Hospital!!! I had two total hip replacements done back to back and I feel like a completely new person! Family, friends, and co-workers have told me, I look younger and say they can't get over the difference and how quick the recovery. I walked in pain with a cane for over a year. I was depressed and anxious until I went and saw Doc Kennon. That was immediately relieved in one visit with him. He's the BEST!
in Cheshire, CT |
From the first appointment when I met Dr. Kennon he was very attentive and spent a lot of time answering all my questions and my wifes. I had both hips replaced, eight weeks apart, and feel very lucky to have had Dr. Kennon as my surgeon. I am progressing well and we have used his book to answer questions we've had. The overall experience has been excellent and I would highly recommend him to anyone with hip problems.
in Tolland, CT |
If you are looking for an ortho/hip/knee expert, look no further. After a number of procedures over the years, this was by far my best surgical experience. I had the BEST -Dr. Kennon and his medical-surgical support/office team. From my first appointment to my post-op visits I felt like I was his only patient. I was treated like someone special. One in a million. Find out for yourself!
in Easton, ct |
I would highly, highly recommend dr. kennon. I had total hip replacement surgery and saw 3 doctors before I chose him and I made the right decision. Frontal hip surgery is the only way to go. My recovery was so much better than a friend of mine was who had posterior on the exact same day. Hers was so much harder. Dr. Kennon is kind, has a great demeanor, and is an expert at what he does so well. By the way, another friend had knee surgery by him and was as pleased as I was. GOOD LUCK.
in Wallingford, CT |
Full hip replacement was explained in detail and any and all questions were answered thoroughly and patiently (even though I am sure he has answered them all a million times it was like it was the first time he was asked). I knew exactly what to expect at each step in the process so there were no surprises. All went EXACTLY as planned and explained. FOLLOW his instructions. READ the book and do what it says. Could not have gone smoother! Go to St Francis Joint Repl. Inst. to get it done if u can
in Orange, CT |
I did my homework and choose Dr Kennon and St Francis for my knee replacement. I live in the New Haven / Bridgeport area and there were lots of doctors and hospitals much closer. As a Benefits Broker - I have access to info on medical providers and Dr Kennon is not only top notch in CT he and his partner - Dr Keggi - are as good as it gets ANYWHERE! In addition to being a great medical mind and practitioner - he is very friendly and really listens - he is a Southern Gentleman.
I recently had my second total hip replacement with Dr. Kennon and I couldn't be happier. I was a candidate to actually leave the same day as surgery. I had PT come to my home and used a walker for a couple of days, moved onto the cane for a few more days and was walking with no assistance before my 2 week check up. I can't recommend Dr. Kennon enough. He performs a much less invasive surgery which results in much quicker healing and the scar is minimal.
in Amston, CT |
Dr. Kennon is a wonderful doctor. He is a good listener and is always calm when speaking to you with a soft voice. He explains things well. He did a fantastic job on my hip replacement and basically gave me a new lease on life. I highly recommend him to anyone. By far my favorite doctor ever!
in Barkhamsted, CT |
I have had a hip replacement and both knees replaced. My mom had a knee replacement and my brother had a hip replacement. You can call it a family affair. I cannot give enough praise to Dr. Kennon for his surgical skills, his before and after care. He listens, explains, and cares. His staff is totally efficient and professional. He changed me from being in constant excruciating pain to having a new lease on life. God has blessed him - and his patients.
in Watertown, CT |
I had a couple of shots in my thighs and felt so much better after.
in Connecticut |
Knowledgeable, compassionate, spends a lot of time answering questions and thoroughly explaining treatment options.
West Hartford |
Just had my second hip replaced by Dr. Kennon. This hip was a little harder to recover from than the first one but my experience with this practice has been excellent. Kennon has a good bedside manner and inspires confidence. The staff is mostly first rate.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Kennon, MD?
Are you Dr. Kennon?