Dr. Robert Kaufmann, MD

Dr. Robert Kaufmann, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Kaufmann, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Pittsburgh, PA. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Kaufmann is affiliated with UPMC Presbyterian.

3471 5th Ave Ste 1010

Pittsburgh, PA 15213

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC

Learn about Dr. Kaufmann

See how frequently Dr. Kaufmann performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Release
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open

Dr. Kaufmann's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Hand Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1997

Dr. Kaufmann has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kaufmann does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaufmann and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kaufmann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaufmann to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Kaufmann's Performance
    GOOD
Pittsburgh, PA |
Not very empathic, gave me the impression that I was wating him time. Decided it was necessary to give me a speech about going to school to get a better job instead of focusing on my pain. Even went as far to say that he was expecting me to prove that I was applying to schools at my next followup. Never gave me a nerve test, and gave me no advice to improve my pain or mobility. He made me extremely uncomfortable and I will not be returning to him.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Kaufmann operated on my right hand on March 17, 2017. I had two trigger fingers and he said I had carpal tunnel syndrome, although he never did a nerve conduction study. When I woke up after the surgery, I saw that he had done the index finger and not the ring finger. He essentially blamed me. Later that day he did the correct finger with local anesthesia. It was brutal. Never go to him. He is uncaring and not up-to-date with modern procedures.
Greensburg, PA |
The worst person I ever met. Total time spent on first visit was less then two minutes. He came in said hi looked at my right hand and said I could give the shot. I replied that is what I just had done on my hand 6 months ago. Then he said I will be scheduled for surgery and immediately left. His intern return and did paperwork and ask if I wanted to have the surgery on Monday or Wednesday. Being this was April 20 the already my surgery was scheduled for 4/26. Not enough stitches was used.
in North Versailles |
I have referred two people already. Dr. Kaufmann has a good bedside manor. He explained every detail to what was going on with my hand. When I had the hand surgery he made me feel very comfortable when I was very scared. Dr. Kaufmann made sure he answered all my questions and that I understood what was going to happen.
pittsburgh, pa |
Dr. Kaufmann provided clear information on my issue and what to expect the following days after the injection.
in Wall, PA |
Dr Kaufmann was kind and understanding. I expressed my anxiety and he explained everything well and tried his best to keep me preoccupied during my injection. Would recommend him to anyone!
Pittsburgh, PA |
Waited forever, did not answer any of my questions. Kept passing me off to different staff members. Will not ever go back.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Very disappointed. I had carpal tunnel surgery/trigger finger surgery. I developed an infection post-op and he would not listen to me. I had to come back a second time when pus came out of incision of carpal tunnel incision. When I called the office number to be seen a second day in a row I was told he was unavailable and the doctors did not cover for each other. After pushing my point they set me up for a 9:15 appointment with the PA who had no trouble seeing that it was infected.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Kaufmann is a remarkable individual. He is very knowledge, caring, and witty... During my appointments with him, he was always concerned about what was best for me. He always had the time to not only speak with me, but the time to listen to my concerns and respond to them in terms I could understand, even though I do not have a medical background.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Kaufmann, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaufmann?