Dr. Robert Katz, MD

Dr. Robert Katz, MD

Rheumatology  |
44 reviews

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Dr. Katz specializes in Rheumatology and practices in Chicago, IL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Katz? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Katz's Experience

See how Dr. Katz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Katz

Dr. Katz accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Katz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Katz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katz to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Katz's Performance
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Katz and his staff are the most caring, thorough, and supportive team a patient could hope to have. Through the process of diagnosis, exploration of treatment options, and subsequent protocol, Dr. Katz and the nurses made sure my questions were carefully answered and that I clearly understood what was happening in my body and what they could do to help. I went into Dr. Katz's office scared and confused; I came out hopeful and confident I was in the right hands.
Chicago, IL |
Epically long wait for scheduled appointments, to the tune of 2+ hrs, only to be talked down to once he arrives. The day's first appt will still wait 2 hrs. No real clarity on your health issue beyond his fave fibromyalgia catchall. (Meanwhile, I have been firmly diagnosed elsewhere). I was used as a test dummy for a Lupus biologic that caused an anaphlylactic reaction & then charged for several doses when I only had 1. Took TWO years to fix the billing issue. You're just a number & money to him
in SUGAR GROVE , ILL |
look forward to each visit and know that I am in the best place for my health care--love the staff
The 1st time I met Dr. Katz, I was 4 year's in already, angry and not really trusting to many doctor's. He reviewed my records with me there, asked some questions and held my hand and said, we will it this straightened out, we will get you in less pain, we will get you on the right medication. 4 Rheumatoligist's later and I finally found my Golden Ticket. He said "WE" will, it wasn't me against the world, I finally had a partner in this game....
in Palos Hills, IL |
I have been a patient for 17 years, many of which have been very good thanks to Dr. Katz. I have severe rheumatoid and have experienced some rough times, but Dr. Katz has always been optimistic and convinced things will get better--and they always do! He has always made himself available to me and has even personally contacted specialists to get me in quickly when I needed them. He is a gem. I hope he never retires!
in Coal City |
Dr Katz is so caring and compassionate. He stays current on new treatments and meds. His staff is so kind and helpful. I have found scheduling appointments to be very easy and flexible.
Chicago, IL |
I have been fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Katz for over 20 years. In addition to being an amazing Rheumatologist, he is kind and compassionate.- a rare gift!
Dr Katz is a dr like no other I have been a patient for years! He has always helped me he is such a caring yet gifted individual. No words can describe how great he is. In addition his staff is wonderful!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Robert Katz is an amazing physician, compassionate, and so caring. I have been under his compassionate care since 2002! He is well worth waiting for. I completely understood this when I had a medical emergency and contacted him for help, even though it was not arthritis related. He immediately got me in to evaluate the situation and personally got me admitted into the hospital. I am so thankful for every visit I have with him. Th
in Chicago, IL |
I'd like to highly recommend Dr Robert Katz as he is the best Rheumatologist within Chicagoland! His passion, care, great rapport with his patients, thoroughness, personablilty, & efforts are well appreciated! And his staff is always going beyond their normal duties for all of their patients' needs! When you meet Dr Katz, you'll be as impressed with him as I was. I am forever grateful to Dr Katz & his office for their consistent warm approach to all of my medical needs!!! Thank you Dr Katz!
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Katz is the kindest and most compassionate doctor I have ever met. I have been seeing him for more than 25 years. He is not your typical doctor , he actually cares about his patients. Two weeks ago when I had a flare up, I called his office and he got me in the same day. Yes, the wait can be long but that is because he takes his time with his patients and lets someone who is sick come in the same day. I highly recommend him to all of my family and friends, you wont be disappointed.
in Chicago, IL |
I would not recommend Dr. Katz for a number of reasons. The first being that it took him 1 hour and 45 minutes past my scheduled time to come into the room and without apologizing begin looking over my records and asking about my history. Second, he took a phone call for 5ish minutes about his iPhone and then discussed it with his M.A. in the room after being done. And if this wasn't bad enough, his care was lacking in regards to explaining what he felt could be done to help my situation.
I don't care about the long wait. If it means patients are being heard and well cared for, great. Dr. K insisted that I had fibro from the beginning but wanted to do tests to be sure. When I did the research and insisted upon further exploring before accepting several different prescriptions, he seemed extremely offended that I would question his expertise. Per his advice in our first visit I offered up some theories but he wouldn't hear them; suggesting I see someone else for future care.
in Chicago, IL |
This doctor was unattentive, exhausted, costly and just flat-out wrong about my diagnosis. I went to him for a second opinion and he saw me for a total of 15 minutes-AFTER he ordered several thousand dollars worth of xrays and bloodwork. I waited several hours to actually see him. He is a money-printing machine. He should stick to reserch and give up on patients (I think he's already given-up). His bedside manner is terrible, like he doesn't want to be there. I will never recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Katz, MD?
Are you Dr. Katz?

Dr. Katz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology

Dr. Katz has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Katz's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Amyloidosis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

Johns Hopkins Hospital

Completed in 1976

Columbia University

Graduated in 1969

Dr. Katz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Katz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology