Dr. Robert Karman, MD

Sleep Medicine | Male

Expert Sleep Medicine 4121 Shelbyville Rd # 2 Louisville, KY 40207 Get Directions
Dr. Robert Karman, MD

Dr. Robert Karman, MD is a sleep medicine doctor who practices in Louisville, KY. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Karman is affiliated with Jewish Hospital, Clark Memorial Hospital and Norton Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Karman's Care Philosophy

My greatest tool is listening to my patients. They typically provide me with the clues necessary to diagnose and cure disease. I have retired from the Critical Care venue to focus on the new plague of Sleep disorders. My Goal is to provide the education and direction to irradiate or treat Sleep deprivation, Shift Worker Syndrome, Sleep Apnea, etc... I feel the greatest and most worthy challenge of our time in medicine is to instill the attributes of enough "normal" sleep to all.

Dr. Karman's Experience

See how Dr. Karman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Karman

Dr. Karman accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Karman is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Karman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Karman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karman to family and friends
Dr. Karman's Performance
Louisville, KY |
Absolutely love this office and the care that Dr. Karmen provides. He has answered his calling of being a physician. Excellent staff and teamwork displayed.
in Louisville, KY |
Very friendly and caring doctor He always takes time and explains everything.
in Louisville, Ky |
Dr. Karman and his staff are Excellent people to deal with. I believe he truly cares about me and my health needs. He asks questions and never rushes. My appointments are always quick in and out. Their location is totally convenient from a parking standpoint. His staff is top notch in scheduling, interacting with their patients, and all are very pleasant to deal with. I hope this survey asks for me to select a Star Rating for it will be 5 out of 5. Glad to be his patient.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Karman is a very pleasant, knowledgable doctor and I am so glad that I found him. He has been my physician for over 20 years and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing
in Louisville, KY |
Knew Dr Karman when practicing Pulmonology. He is and was the most compassionate and knowledgeable as they come. We transitioned with him and continue to see him for sleep apnea. I would not recommend anyone else but Dr Karman for Sleep Medicine needs. YOu never feel rushed, he listens, and he KNOWS you. Can't say enough for him.
in louisville ky 40211 |
He is very pleasant to talk to. He listen to you. Yes I would highly recommend him to family and friends. Everyone works in his office is so so nice. So glad he is my sleep Dr.
in Louisville, KY |
I have fairly complex sleep issues. Dr. Karman has taken a great deal of time to work with me on these. He is thorough, caring, and compassionate, while also making strong recommendations. I am seeing a lot of improvement after decades of poor sleep. I would recommend him without reservation.
in Salem, IN |
As my sleep specialist physician, I am very happy with Dr. Karman. He takes time to listen to my concerns, and always presents with a pleasant and professional demeanor. He is always available if I need him. His staff are courteous and always greet me with a smile at my appointments. I would recommend Dr. Karman to anyone seeking assistance with a sleep related disorder.
in Louisville, KY |
I've been seeing Dr. Karman for several years now and I'm extremely pleased with the care I've received from him. He has an excellent bedside manner, i.e. he communicates well to me as his patient. He also has a friendly disposition and impresses me with his knowledge and observations. Additionally, he's acted as a client advocate for me in insuring I receive good treatment from the medical vendor who supplies me with C-PAP supplies. I highly recommend him and give him five stars!
in Jeffersonville, IN |
Dr. Karman takes the time with me so I understand what is going on with my Sleep issues and the best way to keep it under control. I send any friends having sleep issues to Dr, Karman. I haven't found anyone better.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Karman, MD?
Are you Dr. Karman?

Compare Dr. Karman

Dr. Karman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Karman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available

Dr. Karman has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

Why It Matters: Dr. Karman's Board Certifications

• Breathing Disorders
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Cough
  • Mycobacterial Lung Infection
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

Indiana University School Of Med

Completed in 1996

University Of Dayton

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Karman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sleep Medicine
  • Critical Care Medicine
  • Pulmonology

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Breath Testing
  • Bronchoprovocation Test
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Chest Tube Insertion
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy