Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Robert Jao, MD
Dr. Robert Jao, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Kailua, HI. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Jao is affiliated with Castle Medical Center.

642 Ulukahiki St Ste 100

Kailua, HI 96734

Learn about Dr. Jao

Dr. Jao's Experience

Dr. Jao's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Biliary Drainage
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Liver Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• Univ Of Hi J a Burns Sch Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • UCLA San Fernando Valley
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of California-Los Angeles
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Jao has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Cantonese

Dr. Jao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jao to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Jao's Performance
in Kaneohe, HI |
A good and compassionate listener who offers good advice of how I can assist with the healing of my medical condition.
Wahiawa, HI |
Dr. Jao and his staff were just great. Handled several problems that I had, helped with rehab, new procedures. Easy to schedule a series of appointments. I am moving to the SF Bay Area, and Dr. Jao recommended several doctors, very helpful. Always had time for me, interested in how I was doing generally. Was available to me on a weekend when I had ultimately had emergency surgery (from another doctor),
in Kailua HI |
Took my teenager to see him due good referral but after 3 visits didn't meet him once. Very disappointing meeting only with his "associate" who said "under his instructions" therefore went to look for another Dr who was willing to see us & make us feel wanted, valued & important enough to at least meet us once even if we need to drive to town.
in Honolulu, Hawaii |
Dr. Jao is awesome! He explained things well and has good bedside manners and is an excellent doctor. I recommended him to my brother and he has had excellent results also.
in Aiea, HI |
By far, the most caring doctor I have ever had!!! Such a kind heart!
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Jao is very caring and goes the extra distance to care for his patients. He's very explicit in his diagnosis and explains everything thoroughly.
in Honolulu, HI |
DR. Jao has an incredible bedside manner. He took the time to listen to my issues then went through each issue with me. He had great recommendations on how to take care of my issues. The treatment was excellent and his staff is very helpful.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Jao has the best bedside manner and caring treatment I have experienced. He truly cares about his patient's overall health and how lifestyle, wellness, and outlook on life can affect your health. Not only is he judicious in prescribing medications, he looks for ways to improve gastro problems with diet and overall fitness. Thank you Dr. Jao!
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Jao, has treated me with utmost professionalism, skill and compassion. He has exhibited a high level of knowledge and competence in treating my condition. I am here today, and able to enjoy my life due to my being in the care of Dr. Robert Jao, Shiho Nakano APRN-Rx, FNP-BC, and his entire staff.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Jao takes the time not only to explain what your medication problems/issues are but also to listen to your questions or concerns. After seeing several specialists, he didn't take the other doctors words as fact, but instead started at the beginning. Also, I never felt treated like I was in an assembly line. He devotes and dedicated enough time to assist me in a complete manner.
in Kaneohe, HI |
Doctor Jao is the absolutely the best for my personal Heath care! I do and will recommend him to all my friends and family!
in Honolulu, HI |
I have been seeing Dr. Jao for over a year now and I cannot commend him enough for his excellent skills in communicating with me, treating my health issues, and making me understand the importance of many aspects to health and treatment. He is a very kind, generous, thoughtful, understanding, and comfortable gastorentologist, and I would recommend him to anyone who is need of services relevant to his practice. Without a doubt Dr. Jao is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered in my life.
Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Jao is a most caring and empathetic physician who helps individuals achieve a wholesome balance. I am so grateful for being referred to him by a friend, and would most definitely recommend him to family and friends!
in Kailua, HI |
I highly recommend Dr. Robert Jao. He is incredibly wise, cautious, helpful, experienced, patient, thorough, kind, understanding, and CCFA certified (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America). Several members of our family have seen him and we have all been extremely satisfied with the service he provides.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Jao is a soft-spoken, experienced, knowledgeable and very caring physician. He is patient, thorough, listens well and provides honest diagnoses and explanations.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Jao was super busy, so they gave me his Physicians Asst..She missed diagnosed me..After the weekend of putting wrong medication on, I got to see Dr. Jao.. He was fine. The front office Sarah is fabulous ..But, NOT his Office manager and nurse, Noreko . She doesn't return calls that she promises..or seems to care at all.. For this reason, I would not go again to this practice..
in Waipahu, HI |
He's terrific. Very gentle, very kind, forthcoming with information about the diagnosis he makes, and competent at procedures. He is a doctor you can trust.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Jao, MD?
Are you Dr. Jao?