Geriatric Psychiatry  |
Dr. Robert Horne, MD
Dr. Robert Lynn Horne, MD, is a Board-Certified psychiatrist serving patients in Las Vegas, Nevada. He treats a wide range of problems, from anorexia nervosa to drug addiction. Dr. Horne is a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. In addition to serving patients at his private practice, he also works as a Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Roseman University College of Medicine. Dr. Horne has been selected as one of America's Top Psychiatrists by the Consumer Research Council of America for six years in a row. The National Consumer Advisory Board selected him as one of America's Best Physicians in 2016. One of his subspecialties is psychopharmacology and he has been a Principal Investigator of over 170 trials of medications for 30 pharmaceutical companies to treat both psychiatric illnesses and pain. Dr. Horne has been selected for inclusion in: Distinguished Physicians of the World Who's Who in America Who's Who in American Medicine Who's Who in the West Dr. Horne holds board-certifications from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, American Board of Forensic Medicine, Academy of Integrative Pain Management, and American Society of Pain Educators. He has also received several awards, including the Exemplary Psychiatrist Award of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill and the Kenneth E. Appel Award for Psychiatric Research. To make an appointment with Dr. Horne, please contact Robert Lynn Horne, MD, today.

3025 W Sahara Ave Ste 200

• Molina Healthcare
  • Peach State Health Plan
  • Staywell (Wellcare)

Learn about Dr. Horne

See how frequently Dr. Horne performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Drug and Alcohol Dependence
Bipolar Disorder
Opioid Dependence

Dr. Horne's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Geriatric Psychiatry

• Geriatric Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*
  • Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation

• ADHD Testing
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Medication Management
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Centenary College Of Louisiana
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1971
  • Washington University St Louis
    Medical School | Graduated 1975
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1976
  • Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979

Dr. Horne has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Horne does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Horne and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Horne's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Horne to family and friends
Dr. Horne's Performance
in Las Vegas, NV |
I think Robert Horne is the best doctor I have ever seen.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I ran into DR. Horne and I was reminded that 24 years ago he treated me. I wanted to let him know that the things he told me changed the course of my life! He is a very compassionate and caring man who has a true giving heart and a brilliant mind! I was blessed to have him as a DR. 24 years later I have 2 beautiful children and a very happy marriage, I often reflect on the things we talked about in his office and know how very lucky I was to have him intervene in my crisis you are a good man!!!
Very attentive ! Provided great care.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Horne is a wonderful Doctor! He always takes the time to address any questions or concerns I might have. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait, but it's well worth the wait. He gives each and every patient all the time, and careful attention that is needed. His office staff is amazing as well!
in Cumberland, RI |
I was in a facility that Dr. Horne worked in. I have been around the country and have met a lot of people and doctors and he is the most caring person I have met. He took his time with me and explained things so clearly to me so I could understand what was going on with me. I can not explain in words how this has helped me to recover and understand my disease. Dr. Horne has so much knowledge on all aspects of the body I only wish he was my primary doctor. I would like to express my Thanks to him
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Horne saved my life, there is no question. I was a complex case with many sensitivities to medication, and he went above and beyond to figure out what exactly was wrong with me, to be able to figure out the best and safest plan for me. I will always be grateful for his service.
in LV |
I started seeing Dr.Horne in 1988,when he was treating eating disorders. He's very patient and compassionate.
in Las Vegas, NV |
He is a extremely caring person.
in Ridgewood,nj |
He is incredibly thoughtful and thorough especially for an MD. Myself and others in my group found him to be very genuine in wanting to help us as individuals. He is an incredible resource for drug and alcohol addiction. I have to mention again, his genuine concern for his patients. It made a huge impact in my recovery.
in Middletown, OH |
This is a great doctor. He worked with me and I would like to highly recommend him. He should win an award for his passion and expertise. Thanks again for your service. Doug Desert Hope Patient.
in Toms River, New Jersey |
I saw Dr. Horne in Desert Hope Rehab and he was a lifesaver literally. He made my detox period a lot easier than I expected. He takes his time with each patient and finds a long term plan to help your addiction. He truly saved my life without him I would be setting myself up for a relapse.
in Las Vegas, NV |
In a time of need, I found Dr. Horne to be available, thoughtful, and practical. I needed someone who would listen to my thoughts, but also give me an earnest opinion, based and on the facts of the case and his or her observations. Dr. Horne did those things and offered me a number of options for treatment. I found his office and staff comfortable and helpful, and my time with him was very satisfying. I highly recommend Dr. Horne.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Horne, MD?
Are you Dr. Horne?

See our Geriatric Psychiatry Specialist at St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus

Visit Dr. Horne