Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Robert Henderson, MD
Dr. Robert Henderson, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Columbia, MD. He is 80 years old and has been practicing for 55 years. Dr. Henderson is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital.

Robert L. Henderson, M.D.

10480 Little Patuxent Pkwy Ste 220

Columbia, MD 21044

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource
  • Maryland Physicians Care

Learn about Dr. Henderson

To accurately diagnose and care for the issues plaguing patient with minimal use of prescribed medications.

Dr. Henderson's Experience

Dr. Henderson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Disorders
  • Ear Infection
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer

• Environmental Allergy Testing
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Fine Needle Aspiration
  • Foreign Body Removal
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Frenectomy
  • Mastoidectomy
  • Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Nasal Disorder Endoscopy
  • Nasal Packing for Epitaxis
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Turbinate Reduction
  • Tympanometry
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated 1962
  • Tripler Genl Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1963
  • Brooke Genl Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1970
  • Womack Army Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1967

Dr. Henderson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Henderson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Henderson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Henderson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Henderson to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Henderson's Performance
Jessup, MD |
I went in for an ear infection and possible ruptured eardrum. I indicated that sometimes I have sore throat and he proceeded to diagnose me with gluten intolerance before he even looked at me. He then looked at my ear and confirmed the infection and ruptured eardrum. He told me that he would not be prescribing antibiotics and I should put colloidal silver drops in my ear. When I told him that I'm a vegetarian he told me I would never get better because my diet is not healthy without meat. AVOID!
in Chestertown, MD |
We started seeing Dr. Henderson in Chestertown and are so impressed with him, we drive to Columbia for appointments. My husband and I completely trust his experience, depth of knowledge, and excellent care. He is concerned with our total health and we always learn something during our visits. It's obvious he keeps up to date, not only in his field, but with many medical issues. We hope he never retires. We see him on a regular basis and would travel to him for any other ENT urgent care.
in Eldersburg, MD |
I have had sinus issues all my life & know a great deal about them having seen a myriad of doctors over my 53 yrs. I went in for an ACUTE condition that needed immediate treatment. He did not bother to check my vitals - or my temperature; was inordinately rude; & only seemed to realize that I was not his average patient near the end of our 'visit' when it finally dawned on him that had he been listening, I had told him that I had a PhD & my Dad was a nuclear physicist. I was seen at Urgent Care.
in Columbia |
I like the guy. He's old school for sure but he spends the time with his patients to really be a doctor. Sure, he's got some alternative ideas on diet and such...but that doesn't mean he's wrong. Plus the dude wears Cowboy boots and was awarded the bronze star.
in Woodbine, MD |
I just had an awful visit with Dr. Henderson, which I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't been there. I accompanied my son on a first visit for some severe nose and throat issues. With no exam, he diagnosed son with gluten problems. He was adamant that all his problems were gluten related, since my son is a vegetarian (not vegan), and that GMOs had ruined wheat and wheat products. He was unbelievably combative. We were shocked. We left after less than 5 minutes. I feel compelled to warn others.
Columbia, MD |
Dr Henderson diagnosed & prescribed treatment without examining me. I've grown up & lived with a condition for 35 yrs — growing up with doctors & a good deal of medical awareness. I was referred to an ENT to rule out something related, but Dr Henderson contradicted other very reputable doctors & prescribed a diet & supplement that promised to cure what has no known cure. I appreciate no-frills medicine, but he was coarse & unprofessional. I listened & I did my research, and I cannot recommend.
in Columbia, MD |
I recently went to Henderson for an inner ear blockage. His demeanor was abrupt and condescending. The patient room was dark & dingy & did not appear to be clean. Henderson (I refuse to call him a Dr) used no gloves & his tools & machines did not look sterile. He used a vacuum device on my ears which was incredibly loud & I immediately developed tinnitus in both ears. Stay away from this old man who should have retired a decade ago. You will leave disgusted if not permanently damaged. 0 stars.
in Baltimore, MD |
Liked Dr. Henderson's wholistic approach in looking at the problem. So many times in the medical community, a practice will treat the symptom, and not get to the root cause. My preference is a practice that is amenable using both conventional and integrative/alternative diagnostics in order to optimize care for the patient.
in Ellicott City, MD |
I took my Mom to DR Henderson about a year ago due to ear pain and a perforated ear drum. The medicine he prescribed worked great. My mom is about 10 years older than Doc H and they come from the same generation. Hard work and no slackers. I think the negative responses are due to people who just don't care to here someone tell them the way it is. He may be direct, but he's a darn good doctor.
Columbia, MD |
Dr. Henderson listened to me after 8 doctors did not. He looked at a CT can, prescribed antibiotics, and also advised to cut out sugar and crap in your diet. I'm sorry to say, but all thosemedical professionals are pointing fingers and telling you to go to another specialist. I went to him when I was little. He is great. He is a military doctor and he wears cowboy boots so what.
If I could give this doctor ZERO stars, I would. I have never taken the time to do online surveys before, but my experience was so horrible, I felt the need to share. I went in for a bump on my nose, but was lectured in a rude, condescending tone about changing to a gluten free diet. I was told that my GI's instructions were crap. I was also told that my anxiety/depression isn't a real disease and that I have to get off those damn meds before I shoot up a school like those other kids.
in Columbia, MD |
Office was nice; however, Dr. Henderson was very self-adsorbed and arrogant, and not in a good way. Two qualities I do not want in a doctor. He did not listen to me or my medical history, and was rude. His recommended treatment that made me uneasy, and worried my medical friends whom recommended that I not listen and seek another doctor's advice. It is evident that this doctor does not keep up with medical advances and probably needs to retire before putting one of his patients in danger.
in Silver Spring, MD |
TERRIBLE
Have you seen Dr. Robert Henderson, MD?
Are you Dr. Henderson?