Dr. Robert Harris, MD

Dr. Robert Harris, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |

Dr. Robert Harris, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Jackson, MS. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Merit Health River Oaks, Madison River Oaks Medical Center, Merit Health Woman's Hospital, St. Dominic Hospital and Mississippi Baptist Medical Center.

Southeast Urogyn

501 Marshall St Ste 600

Jackson, MS 39202

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Harris

My primary care philosophy is to provide women with the highest quality pelvic care by the least invasive means possible. With a wide range of treatment options, surgical repair of pelvic floor disorders is endorsed only when less intrusive alternatives have been exhausted. The delicate nature of my specialty requires the utmost compassion, sensitivity and responsiveness be shown to my patients.

Dr. Harris' Experience

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• MonaLisa Touch Laser Treatment
  • Monarc® Suburethral Sling
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Pelvic Sling
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pubovaginal Sling
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginoplasty
  • da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Mississippi State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

• Faculty Teaching Award Duke OBGYN, 1996
  • Magna Cum Laude Graduate, 1985
  • Recipient of research awards 5 times during training years, 1994-1998

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Dr. Harris Says:

I appreciate and encourage input from my patients and try to take their compliments and criticisms and learn from them to provide even better care for women going forward.

Dr. Harris' Performance
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Harris and his medical staff. They were all efficient, courteous and prompt in my care. The office staff was just as good and were willing to work with me on scheduling/rescheduling appointments. Would highly recommend him to other s.
Madison, MS |
He is better than great! Very personable and professional. Excellent surgeon.
Pearl, MS |
I am 51 and have had bladder leakage for several years. Having to wear a pad daily (sometimes changing 2 or 3 times). I went to see Dr. Harris and inquired about the bladder sling. I had the procedure on Aug 4th and went back to work on Aug 5th with no complications. Out patient surgery allowed me to go home the same day. This has been a wonderful experience and procedure. Should have had done a long time ago. Wonderful staff and Doctor.
in Laurel Ms |
I went to Dr Harris due to every womans problem of sneezing and coughing and peeing all at the same time . Once i had the test and exam done i had my surgery within 2 weeks i was in and out within a couple of hrs. Didn't need the pain meds he prescribed and was back to work within two days.My only limitations were no lifting for 6 weeks. I can't tell you how much better i feel since have the surgery. Thank You Doctor Harris i am one happy woman.
Grenada, MS |
Urine leakage was a tremendous embarrassment to me. Dr. Harris and his staff were exceptional.. They provided a complete assessment of my problems to assure a correct diagnosis. Suggestions were made as an alternative to a surgical procedure and retraining technique for overactive bladder. Considerations were made for modesty and comfort. Encouragement and a desire for MY desired outcome were frequently expressed. Follow up, informative handouts and encouragement were also helpful.. Thanks!
in Scooba, MS |
Primarily I was looking for an excellent urology physician who used the most updated surgical techniques for my particular female issues. .Secondarily I was seeking out a doctor that I felt totally comfortable with. My local gynecologist suggested Dr. Harris and the rest is history.
in Madison, MS |
From diagnosis to post op visit, Dr Harris and his nurses paid careful attention to detail. His modern surgical technique was thoroughly explained, and the expectations given to me regarding my recovery were spot on what they prepared me for, esp. for my age and activity level. They made me feel welcome in their practice, comfortable with asking any questions, and explained thoroughly the procedure, admissions, insurance matters and follow up care. I feel blessed to him as my doctor.
in Birmingham, AL |
If you are looking for a doctor whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic, treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring even while maintaing a very efficient office, then Dr. Harris is the doctor you should see. I have traveled to AL, TN, LA and haven't been able to find a doctor as good (in every area) as Dr. Harris. He is by far the best gynecological specialist in the southeast area.
in Clinton, MS |
Wonderful! Dr. Harris and everyone in his office are friendly and helpful. The office is very well run. The nurses are so good to take calls and troubleshoot. My surgery with Dr. Harris went well and I was very pleased with everyone involved.
in Millry, AL |
Dr. Harris has really helped me a lot.
in Madison, MS |
I saw Dr. Harris after several years of suffering the embarrassment of incontinence, both urinary and fecal. The staff is wonderful, I had this procedure about 14 years ago and it entailed several days of hospital stay and much discomfort. The process has changed quite a bit in 14 years. My procedure was done as an outpatient and I had absolutely no discomfort, no pain medication was needed. I would recommend Dr. Harris and his practice to anyone having the same issues that I was having.
I had a child naturally and in doing so it created a prolapse. I was experiencing inconsistent. I wanted to be able to do things that I could do before childbirth. I was referred to Dr. Harris. Very professional and informative. Would recommend to anyone who is having difficulties enjoying activities as they used to.
in Kosciusko, MS |
Dr. Harris was very professional, kind and considerate. I was very impressed with the staff and the amount of time he spent answering my concerns. I would recommend his professional services.
in Jackson, MS |
Today was my first time seeing Dr. Harris. From check-in to check-out I had a great experience. MOA and Nurse were extremely friendly and helped ease the anxiety of being there in the first place. Dr. Harris was very thorough and actually took ample time explaining my options and showed me illustrations of exactly what was going on. I am a nurse and have experienced where other caregivers just expect you to know. This was not the case with Dr. Harris. He has a wonderful bedside manner.
in Inverness, MS |
Dr. Harris and his staff have helped me overcome the dreadful urinary incontinence through surgery and meds and have given me my life back. I have learned that there are ways to combat the effects of aging for a woman through this and other procedures that are offered in this clinic. Dr. Harris was easy to talk with and the surgical procedure was a breeze......
in Philadelphia, MS |
In 2008 I began experiencing bladder leakage. I was 56 years old. I had no previous experience with bladder issues so I went to my gynecologist. She advised me to have a bladder tack. I agreed. Three months after surgery I was devastated to learn I could no longer be sexually active. I bleed horribly. When I went to her the next day she offered no explanation. After not having sex for 9 years Dr. Harris removed the mesh this year. I highly recommend him. He is the best!
in Brandon, MS |
Had my procedure in December and everything from the pre-op testing to surgery, recovery and post op was awesome. He and his nurses called me at home to check on me. Best service and results ever. If you have "female" problems, this is your solution!
in Point Clear, AL |
My daughter in law’s grandmother, Jackie in Mobile, AL. recommend Dr. Harris. I had friends and family say, “Why are you going all the way to Jackson to see a doctor on one referral, when there are doctors in our area. I did think about the question, but I knew that she had gone to Dr. Harris 10 years ago for a repair and never once has had a problem. From my initial meeting with Dr. Harris and his staff I was impressed. Would I recommend Dr. Harris? 100 %.
Brandon, MS |
I highly recommend Dr. Harris for pelvic reconstruction. I feel like a new woman!
in Brandon, MS |
Dr. Harris and his staff made me feel at ease and very comfortable with the procedures that I needed to have done before my outpatient surgery. I felt that I was given very good information regarding my pre-op and post-op procedures/surgery and office visits.
in Starkvillle MS |
Dr. Harris was very attentive to my bladder problem. He reassured me that this was not an unusual problem and that there were two methods to a solution. He attempted drug therapy initially and when that was not successful suggested a relatively simple surgical solution. His surgical team was very supportive. I, not only recommend Dr. Harris for incontinence problems, but have recommended him to my friends with such issues.
in Raymond, MS |
My experience with Dr. R Harris was excellent, I was sent to his clinic at the recommendation of my gynecologist because of a Rectocele hernia. Dr. Harris was professional, informative and compassionate- I was not pleased to be facing even an outpatient surgery but he was exactly the Dr. I needed. On the day of surgery I felt more confident because I had received all the information and knew what to expect.
Kosciusko, Mississippi |
Dr. Harris did my pelvic organ prolapse repair and I could never imagine going to any other urogyn doctor! He is professional and takes time to inform his patients as well as being caring and genuinely concerned for his patients recovery.
Madison, MS |
This is best clinic in this area for a woman's specialized care. I have been a patient for many years and feel confident in care I have received.
Raymond, MS |
Dr Harris was my surgeon and I found him informative, professional and yet kind too. Would definitely recommend him to others.
Mccomb, MS |
Dr. Harris and his team took care of all of my problems in a systematic way. They were very thorough and professional. His medical insight was very helpful. I will go to him again if needed, and recommend him to everyone who needs his care.
in Pearl, MS |
I can highly recommend Dr. Harris. He listened to me and helped me with my problem
Jackson |
Dr. Harris did my hysterectomy & bladder surgery & he did a wonderful job! So attentive & professional, wonderful bedside manner & great staff!
in Bay Springs, MS |
I was recommended to Dr. Harris through a friend as a second opinion. I was able to get an appointment quickly. I found him and his staff to very informative and took the time to explain the procedure that I would need. I was very at ease about having the surgery. After I went home I never took any pain meds and after two weeks I felt so back to normal that I forgot that I had had surgery!
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Harris was great!!! He came highly recommended by my nurse practitioner and he not only met my expectations, but exceeded them. He was thorough in explaining everything and my options and worked with me to get the results I wanted. When I went back for recheck he made sure I didn't have anymore questions or concerns and gave me lots of info for my continued success!!!
in Pearl, MS |
Dr. Harris is a very caring and compassionate physician who cares about his patients. He is very knowledgeable on women's health. I suffered for over 11 years with a medical condition and have seen multiple doctors without relief. I was referred by one of my professors to go see him and he has been such a BLESSING to me and my husband. I feel better than I have in 11 years. I've got my life back. Thank you, Dr. Harris!!! You are truly on the mission field of helping others. God Bless You!
in Poplarville, MS |
I met with Dr. Harris for the first time in August of 2015, and was immediately impressed. I had been suffering for quite a while with complications involving vaginal mesh. Prior to my initial visit with Dr. Harris I had been to more than 10 doctors. This included doctors from Tulane Medical Center and Ochsner Hospital. Fortunately, a doctor in Laurel, Ms. referred me to Dr. Harris. I feel like a new woman, he's amazing. Please don't hesitate to make an appointment. You'll be glad you did.
in Saltillo,Ms. |
I was needing surgery and went to a OBGYN in Tupelo,Ms. since it was close. The Dr. I saw recommended Dr Harris. Boy, am I glad he did!! I have never been so impressed with a Dr.,staff or business as I was there! Jackson was further than I wanted to drive but am so glad I did! I traveled 3 to 4 hrs. for a total of 5 trips including the surgery and would do it all over again! He is a very caring Dr. and we all know those are hard to find nowadays!! I was impressed from the first time I met him!
in Vicksburg MS |
I had a total hysterectomy, bladder suspension and pelvic repair this year with Dr Harris and Dr Speights and was overwhelmed with the kindness and attention that I received from both of them. The surgery went very well, short time under anesthesia and in recovery. Most of all there was little to no pain after surgery . I was up walking and caring for myself immediately and never needed a pain pill. This was categorized as 'major surgery' and I am still amazed that it was so easy!
in Mendenhall, MS |
There are several reasons I would recommend Dr. Harris. The time taken to speak with me, and understand my concerns, was never rushed. I did feel that all issues were addressed in a compassionate and knowledgeable manner, and that he and the staff made every effort to assure my understanding of treatment options.
Jackson, MS |
The best in his field
in Monroe, LA |
WONDERFUL SURGEON! I waited years to deal with my incontinence. What a mistake! I felt no embarrassment from the initial physician's exam, the urodynamics testing by the nurse or throughout the surgery. I could not have asked for a better doctor and office staff. The expertise and compassion of Dr. Harris and Dr. Speights was such a blessing. I am two weeks out with no problems and most of all no leaks! Don't delay getting treatment for this type of problem, surgery is such a life changer!
Ridgeland, MS |
Insightful and timely care.
in Grenada, MS |
Dr. Harris explained everything in detail. He was very patient and kind. I would definitely recommend him to all my friends.
in Mccomb, MS |
This has been life changing ! i did not realize how much my bladder issues had held me back , and what made me completely wising up and go thru with the surgery was Dr Harris ,he made me feel so comfortable and at ease ,this was a very embarrassing subject for me but once he explained why this happened and what he could do , Dr Harris and his staff have been very caring and thoughtful ,and have given me life again ,what a blessing .
Madison, MS |
He is easy to talk to; punctual; thorough; builds confidence. All in all, a good experience.
in Union, MS |
Dr. Harris and his staff are knowledgable, professional and personal. My gynecologist referred me to Dr. Harris because of the severity of my situation. Dr. Harris is truly a gifted surgeon and is very sensitive to women's needs. I'm thankful he did my surgery. I am confident to recommend him and his staff.
in Duck Hill, MS |
Dr. Harris and staff were very nice and caring. It was a pleasure to have him as my doctor.
in clinton, ms. |
Dr. Harris and his staff are amazing skilled professionals , that are experts in their field and have a genuine concern for their patients and improving women's health in general. I could not have asked for better care.
Dr. Harris is wonderful , always cheerful, friendly and professional. He performed my surgery with no problems and everything went as expected . Excellent insight into women and their concerns . Very knowledgable about latest procedures and up to the minute techniques. Recommend him highly.
in West Monroe, LA |
So worth the drive from West Monroe, LA. I would recommend to everyone. I am also so happy to learn that he will likely be adding Monroe, LA to his locations that he visits to see patients. He had all the testing equipment right there in his office in Jackson and you do not have to go anywhere else for diagnosis. The environment is wonderful down to the real sheets (not paper gowns) and heated feet props.
in Ackerman |
Dr. Harris and his staff were wonderful! My surgery went very well. I would recommend Dr. Harris to anyone! Very personable and efficient!!
in Hattiesburg MS |
Dr. Harris is an outstanding physician! He is very professional and knowledgeable! He exercises his skills in a manner that builds confidence. He is very reassuring and supportive which helped instill confidence in me. His team of nurses and nurse practitioners have excellent skills and are delightfully warm and compassionate. The level of care provided by Dr. Harris and his team is OUTSTANDING! The entire professional staff, at the hospital, were very caring and totally patient centered.
in Mendenhall, ms |
The best I am totally satisfied. Thanks so much for all you did for me.
in Jackson, MS |
Dr. Harris was very patient, understanding, and compassionate. He put me at ease immediately. He explained everything. I felt very confident in his knowledge & expertise in handling my medical problem.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Are you Dr. Harris?

Visit Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 30 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica

Flowood, MS 39232
St. Dominic Hospital
969 Lakeland Dr
Jackson, MS 39216

More Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists like Dr. Harris at Southeast Urogyn

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist