Dr. Robert L. Harris, MD

Dr. Robert L. Harris, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery | Male | 53 years old

My primary care philosophy is to provide women with the highest quality pelvic care by the least invasive means possible. With a wide range of treatment options, surgical repair of pelvic floor disorders is endorsed only when less intrusive alternatives have been exhausted. The delicate nature of my specialty requires the utmost compassion, sensitivity and responsiveness be shown to my patients.Read more

Southeast Urogyn

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Harris' Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Harris' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 30 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Harris has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Harris
Dr. Harris' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (153)
Dr. Harris Says:

I appreciate and encourage input from my patients and try to take their compliments and criticisms and learn from them to provide even better care for women going forward.

in Vicksburg MS |
I had a total hysterectomy, bladder suspension and pelvic repair this year with Dr Harris and Dr Speights and was overwhelmed with the kindness and attention that I received from both of them. The surgery went very well, short time under anesthesia and in recovery. Most of all there was little to no pain after surgery . I was up walking and caring for myself immediately and never needed a pain pill. This was categorized as 'major surgery' and I am still amazed that it was so easy!
in Mendenhall, MS |
There are several reasons I would recommend Dr. Harris. The time taken to speak with me, and understand my concerns, was never rushed. I did feel that all issues were addressed in a compassionate and knowledgeable manner, and that he and the staff made every effort to assure my understanding of treatment options.
Jackson, MS |
The best in his field
in Monroe, LA |
WONDERFUL SURGEON! I waited years to deal with my incontinence. What a mistake! I felt no embarrassment from the initial physician's exam, the urodynamics testing by the nurse or throughout the surgery. I could not have asked for a better doctor and office staff. The expertise and compassion of Dr. Harris and Dr. Speights was such a blessing. I am two weeks out with no problems and most of all no leaks! Don't delay getting treatment for this type of problem, surgery is such a life changer!
Ridgeland, MS |
Insightful and timely care.
in Grenada, MS |
Dr. Harris explained everything in detail. He was very patient and kind. I would definitely recommend him to all my friends.
in Mccomb, MS |
This has been life changing ! i did not realize how much my bladder issues had held me back , and what made me completely wising up and go thru with the surgery was Dr Harris ,he made me feel so comfortable and at ease ,this was a very embarrassing subject for me but once he explained why this happened and what he could do , Dr Harris and his staff have been very caring and thoughtful ,and have given me life again ,what a blessing .
Madison, MS |
He is easy to talk to; punctual; thorough; builds confidence. All in all, a good experience.
in Union, MS |
Dr. Harris and his staff are knowledgable, professional and personal. My gynecologist referred me to Dr. Harris because of the severity of my situation. Dr. Harris is truly a gifted surgeon and is very sensitive to women's needs. I'm thankful he did my surgery. I am confident to recommend him and his staff.
in Duck Hill, MS |
Dr. Harris and staff were very nice and caring. It was a pleasure to have him as my doctor.
in clinton, ms. |
Dr. Harris and his staff are amazing skilled professionals , that are experts in their field and have a genuine concern for their patients and improving women's health in general. I could not have asked for better care.
Dr. Harris is wonderful , always cheerful, friendly and professional. He performed my surgery with no problems and everything went as expected . Excellent insight into women and their concerns . Very knowledgable about latest procedures and up to the minute techniques. Recommend him highly.
in West Monroe, LA |
So worth the drive from West Monroe, LA. I would recommend to everyone. I am also so happy to learn that he will likely be adding Monroe, LA to his locations that he visits to see patients. He had all the testing equipment right there in his office in Jackson and you do not have to go anywhere else for diagnosis. The environment is wonderful down to the real sheets (not paper gowns) and heated feet props.
in Ackerman |
Dr. Harris and his staff were wonderful! My surgery went very well. I would recommend Dr. Harris to anyone! Very personable and efficient!!
in Hattiesburg MS |
Dr. Harris is an outstanding physician! He is very professional and knowledgeable! He exercises his skills in a manner that builds confidence. He is very reassuring and supportive which helped instill confidence in me. His team of nurses and nurse practitioners have excellent skills and are delightfully warm and compassionate. The level of care provided by Dr. Harris and his team is OUTSTANDING! The entire professional staff, at the hospital, were very caring and totally patient centered.
in Mendenhall, ms |
The best I am totally satisfied. Thanks so much for all you did for me.
in Jackson, MS |
Dr. Harris was very patient, understanding, and compassionate. He put me at ease immediately. He explained everything. I felt very confident in his knowledge & expertise in handling my medical problem.
in Hattiesburg, MS |
Dr. Harris and his nursing staff were kind and considerate. He was very encouraging and helped make an uncomfortable subject easier to discuss. The level of care was excellent. He is a blessing.
in Boyle,/ Cleveland, MIssissippi |
Compassionate to you illness and feelings. Not a drug pusher doctor. So, if your looking for that you may select someone else. Dr. Harris is always looking for positives to help the patient get better. He is positive in his methods of treatment and stresses wellness intervention to live a more optimum life style. I have beening seeing Dr. Harris for 3 years and we are final getting to our goal. But he is the number one doctor in the state of Mississippi for removing Mesh. Thank you Dr. Harris.
in Jackson, MS |
He kept my husband & I very informed at all times. He provided excellent care throughout the process.
in Smithdale, MS |
Dr Harris was highly recommended to me by a friend.However,when I met him he not only lived up to my expectations,he exceeded them! Often times these types of visits can be very awkward,uncomfortable,and to say the least,embarrassing. Dr Harris was very,kind and professional.He has the best bedside manor I have encountered.I never once felt rushed or afraid to ask questions.His nurses even called to check on me! I hope anyone reading this review will consider Dr Harris for your surgery.
in Starkville, MS |
This doctor gave me my life back! It's wonderful!! He and his staff are extremely professional. I have never been to a doctor's office that had such caring staff. If I ever need him again, I will drive the 2 hours one way to get to him! I recommend him to all that can use his services.
in Starkville, MS |
I just love him. His staff is excellent. There is very little and usually no waiting time when you come for an appointment. Dr Harris is extremely professional and friendly. He has given my life back to me and I will always recommend him to others. I travel from Starkville, MS to his Jackson just to be in his care.
in Brandon, MS |
My experience with Dr. Harris and his medical staff has surpassed my expectations. I received a recommendation from a trusted source, and she was right on. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Harris to all my female friends. I rated office and staff excellent, but whoever it was recently filling in for Penny was rude even confrontational. The very nice young lady sitting at the exit counter/computer would know her name. Penny and the rest have been great.
Have you seen Dr. Robert L. Harris, MD?

Compare Dr. Harris

More Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists like Dr. Harris at Southeast Urogyn

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Harris' Board Certifications

• Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Harris says..

Fellowship trained and board-certified, I was the first Urogynecologist to ever practice in the state of Mississippi.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Anal Fistula
  • Vaginal Fistula
  • Vaginal Prolapse
  • Vesicovaginal Fistula

Dr. Harris says..

We have performed over 5000 slings, over 2000 sacralcolpopexies - and now all are done laparoscopically as outpatient procedures - we revise and remove mesh slings and mesh implants from women all over the South.  Dr. Speights and I can do most hysterectomies "incisionless", that is, through the vagina only and these are done as outpatient surgery also.

Dr. Speights and I operate together and have more than 35 years combined experience and perform between 600 and 800 surgeries annually and have since 1999.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Hysterectomy
  • MonaLisa Touch Laser Treatment
  • Monarc® Suburethral Sling
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Pelvic Sling
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pubovaginal Sling
  • Vaginal Repair
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginoplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

University of Mississippi

Graduated in 1985

• Faculty Teaching Award Duke OBGYN, 1996
    • Magna Cum Laude Graduate, 1985
    • Recipient of research awards 5 times during training years, 1994-1998

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Malpractice claims in Mississippi not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Harris

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Harris' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Harris

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Harris' Care Philosophy