Dr. Robert Harris, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Harris

Dr. Robert Harris, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Jackson, MS and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from University Of Mississippi in 1990 and specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery, urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Harris accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Harris has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(601) 948-6540Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Check Dr. Harris' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Repair Surgery
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Bladder Suspension Surgery
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Botox® for the Bladder
  • Monarc® Suburethral Sling
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nausea
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pelvic Floor Disorders
  • Pelvic Organ Prolapse
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Pelvic Relaxation
  • Pelvic Sling
  • Pelvic Support Problems
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Posterior Vaginal Wall Prolapse
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginoplasty
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux
  • Vesicovaginal Fistula

My primary care philosophy is to provide women with the highest quality pelvic care by the least invasive means possible. With a wide range of treatment options, surgical repair of pelvic floor disorders is endorsed only when less intrusive alternatives have been exhausted. The delicate nature of my specialty requires the utmost compassion, sensitivity and responsiveness be shown to my patients.

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

0.398406374501992%

Dr. Harris?
Dr. Harris' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Harris, MD
I recently had a total hysterectomy, rectocele repair and cystocele repair all at one time with Dr. Harris. This combo surgery went extremely well, with mild, manageable pain. It was an outpatient surgery, and I felt completely comfortable going home after this procedure. Dr. Harris and his staff provided excellent pre and post instructions, and offered easy access to someone, should problems occur. I received at least daily phone calls to check my status up to 3 or 4 days post op. I would highly recommend Dr. Harris for any Uro-gyn needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I was very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Harris and his entire team. The surgery was outpatient. I took a prescription for pain home with me and took one pill, just to ‘get ahead of it.’ I never took another one...didn’t need it! Very grateful for his knowledge, skill and experience. Judy Moon Denson Madison, MS
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Excellent - I saw Dr. Harris at my 6-week post op visit and he was very easy to talk to, discuss things with and made me very comfortable. Dr. Harris worked with Dr. Speights on my surgery and it was such an incredibly easy recovery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
At 75, I discovered a solution to a “problem” I had been suffering with for years. Such a tremendous relief to hear Dr. Harris explain the procedure that would correct my bladder & vaginal vault troubles. The surgery was successfully accomplished in the AM & I was back in my home that afternoon! Very minimal discomfort. No need to take pain medicine, not even an Aleeve. Everything done laparoscopically & the small incisions healed speedily. Dr. Harris & his team at Urogyn are the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Richard Harris and his staff. I recently had surgery for Pelvic Floor Collapse. During every phase everyone performed professionally and put me at ease dealing with an uncomfortable and stressful situation. My surgery included unanticipated issues. Having been operated on by Dr. Harris & his partner, an hour was cut from the overall procedure. I was able to return to work in a week with no need for any pain meds. My quality of life has been greatly improved. DLGR Natchez
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I received excellent care from Dr. Robert Harris. He surgically corrected a problem for me and I had absolutely no pain or problems afterward. He and his staff were very reassuring and made the entire experience much easier for me. I highly recommend Dr. Harris.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
After suffering for many years and going to numerous doctors I finally found Dr.Robert Harris. I thought I would have to live with my problems but in January of this year I had a vaginal vault suspension surgery. Everyone in the office and hospital were wonderful. If anyone is having problems with their bladder, I highly recommend this office.I love Dr. Harris!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris is fabulous! I had cystocele and rectocele repair surgery that ended up being much more painful and involved than predicted and required an additional surgery. Even though I had problems, which was not the norm for this surgery,I can't say enough about how wonderful he and his staff were. He was extremely accessible during the entire time, was compassionate and caring, and was very determined to solve the problems. He solved the problems and I am feeling better than before surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris and his team enabled a smoth transition fron pre-op to surgery day and pots operstive care. All questions and concerns were answered and explained making me feel at ease knowing I would be in the hands of the best surgeon for my rectocele, cystele and labiaplasty. I feel much confident and ready for a new me. And last but not least, his nurses are so caring, always made me feel so special!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Friendly staff, very short wait time, very thorough, and explanatory exam and tests. Very pleased with everything. No complaints at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
For over 25 years, I've seen many urologists for my relentless bladder issues. Growing frustrated after costly tests and no treatment plan, I thought I'd just have to live with my symptoms. Then I found Dr.Harris. He has addressed my symptoms with medications and other treatments. He also shared other options for treating my menopausal problems. I am so grateful to have him as my physician. Dr. Harris has a receptive ear and a caring heart for his patients. He is truly there for you !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I had a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (uterus removed, but kept my cervix) on December 19th. I had discomfort for about 3 days from the gas used for the laporoscopy, but minimal pain from the actual surgery. I have 3 tiny incisions on my abdomen, one of which is in my belly button. I felt well enough within a week of surgery to cook Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner for my extended family, which is no easy task. I was in spin class within 2 weeks. I absolutely recommend Dr Harris.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Besides being intelligent and clinically excellent, Dr. Harris is a kind and compassionate person. Although he's performed many different procedures thousands of times, he took a great deal of time to discuss my issues. Customer service is a big deal to me, and I felt like I was his most important client. Issues that Dr. Harris deals with can be embarrassing to clients. Please know that Dr. Harris will treat you with the utmost respect. You'll be so glad that you chose him to be your MD.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris is by far the best Dr. I have ever used. If I could use him for everything, I would! He was willing to look at multiple options for fixing my problems. His bedside manner was top notch. Very easy to talk to and discuss all issues without fear of embarrassment. The issues I had have all been resolved, thanks to Dr. Harris. I never once felt he didn’t care and he always took time to listen to my concerns. I am truly greatful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Had bladder sling surgery. Someone called everyday several days after surgery to see how I was doing. Very caring. Whenever I called, I was always called back in a timely manner. Dr. Harris takes time to answer all questions and provides valuable feedback.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I had a TVT sling put in with an OBGYN physician in my MO hometown. I had several complications, work in MS, and had to find a doctor. I found Dr. Harris on the internet. He was very thorough, explained everything, and exhausted all avenues before removing the sling. The sling had been put in too tight and was causing an obstruction. Dr. Harris was excellent and I wish I had seen him first. My experience says never allow a general OBGYN for urology surgery, find a specialist in the area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
This man was a God-send for my husband and I. After seeing him for a recommended consultation, we decided to move forward with surgery. The difference that this has made in my daily life is remarkable!! Worth every dollar! Dr Harris and his staff make the experience so much more tolerable. Awesome bedside manner and calming, respectful tone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris patiently explained my options and in no way pressured me to have surgery. He wants me to have the best care at every stage of my life. When I left his office, I felt like I had the best doctor possible to care for me. With his incredible experience and his concern for me as his patient, I felt most blessed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Harris. I had problems voiding post surgery. With kindness, he and his staff helped me through this.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
My Bladder sling surgery was a piece of cake compare to the other surgeries that I have had during my lifetime. There was no pain, just soreness and little swelling. I now can cough and sneeze without leakage.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Harris?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Harris treats patients.

Compare Providers