Dr. Robert Harris, MD

Dr. Robert Harris, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |
191 reviews

Dr. Robert Harris, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Jackson, MS. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Merit Health River Oaks, Madison River Oaks Medical Center, Merit Health Woman's Hospital, St. Dominic Hospital and Mississippi Baptist Medical Center....See Less

Southeast Urogyn

501 Marshall St Ste 600

Jackson, MS 39202

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Harris

My primary care philosophy is to provide women with the highest quality pelvic care by the least invasive means possible. With a wide range of treatment options, surgical repair of pelvic floor disorders is endorsed only when less intrusive alternatives have been exhausted. The delicate nature of my specialty requires the utmost compassion, sensitivity and responsiveness be shown to my patients.

Dr. Harris' Experience

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• MonaLisa Touch Laser Treatment
  • Monarc® Suburethral Sling
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Pelvic Sling
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Pubovaginal Sling
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginoplasty
  • da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Mississippi State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

• Faculty Teaching Award Duke OBGYN, 1996
  • Magna Cum Laude Graduate, 1985
  • Recipient of research awards 5 times during training years, 1994-1998

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Dr. Harris Says:

I appreciate and encourage input from my patients and try to take their compliments and criticisms and learn from them to provide even better care for women going forward.

Dr. Harris' Performance
in Kosciusko, MS |
Dr. Harris was very professional, kind and considerate. I was very impressed with the staff and the amount of time he spent answering my concerns. I would recommend his professional services.
in Jackson, MS |
Today was my first time seeing Dr. Harris. From check-in to check-out I had a great experience. MOA and Nurse were extremely friendly and helped ease the anxiety of being there in the first place. Dr. Harris was very thorough and actually took ample time explaining my options and showed me illustrations of exactly what was going on. I am a nurse and have experienced where other caregivers just expect you to know. This was not the case with Dr. Harris. He has a wonderful bedside manner.
in Inverness, MS |
Dr. Harris and his staff have helped me overcome the dreadful urinary incontinence through surgery and meds and have given me my life back. I have learned that there are ways to combat the effects of aging for a woman through this and other procedures that are offered in this clinic. Dr. Harris was easy to talk with and the surgical procedure was a breeze......
in Philadelphia, MS |
In 2008 I began experiencing bladder leakage. I was 56 years old. I had no previous experience with bladder issues so I went to my gynecologist. She advised me to have a bladder tack. I agreed. Three months after surgery I was devastated to learn I could no longer be sexually active. I bleed horribly. When I went to her the next day she offered no explanation. After not having sex for 9 years Dr. Harris removed the mesh this year. I highly recommend him. He is the best!
in Brandon, MS |
Had my procedure in December and everything from the pre-op testing to surgery, recovery and post op was awesome. He and his nurses called me at home to check on me. Best service and results ever. If you have "female" problems, this is your solution!
in Point Clear, AL |
My daughter in law’s grandmother, Jackie in Mobile, AL. recommend Dr. Harris. I had friends and family say, “Why are you going all the way to Jackson to see a doctor on one referral, when there are doctors in our area. I did think about the question, but I knew that she had gone to Dr. Harris 10 years ago for a repair and never once has had a problem. From my initial meeting with Dr. Harris and his staff I was impressed. Would I recommend Dr. Harris? 100 %.
Brandon, MS |
I highly recommend Dr. Harris for pelvic reconstruction. I feel like a new woman!
in Brandon, MS |
Dr. Harris and his staff made me feel at ease and very comfortable with the procedures that I needed to have done before my outpatient surgery. I felt that I was given very good information regarding my pre-op and post-op procedures/surgery and office visits.
in Starkvillle MS |
Dr. Harris was very attentive to my bladder problem. He reassured me that this was not an unusual problem and that there were two methods to a solution. He attempted drug therapy initially and when that was not successful suggested a relatively simple surgical solution. His surgical team was very supportive. I, not only recommend Dr. Harris for incontinence problems, but have recommended him to my friends with such issues.
in Raymond, MS |
My experience with Dr. R Harris was excellent, I was sent to his clinic at the recommendation of my gynecologist because of a Rectocele hernia. Dr. Harris was professional, informative and compassionate- I was not pleased to be facing even an outpatient surgery but he was exactly the Dr. I needed. On the day of surgery I felt more confident because I had received all the information and knew what to expect.
Kosciusko, Mississippi |
Dr. Harris did my pelvic organ prolapse repair and I could never imagine going to any other urogyn doctor! He is professional and takes time to inform his patients as well as being caring and genuinely concerned for his patients recovery.
Madison, MS |
This is best clinic in this area for a woman's specialized care. I have been a patient for many years and feel confident in care I have received.
Raymond, MS |
Dr Harris was my surgeon and I found him informative, professional and yet kind too. Would definitely recommend him to others.
Mccomb, MS |
Dr. Harris and his team took care of all of my problems in a systematic way. They were very thorough and professional. His medical insight was very helpful. I will go to him again if needed, and recommend him to everyone who needs his care.
in Pearl, MS |
I can highly recommend Dr. Harris. He listened to me and helped me with my problem
Jackson |
Dr. Harris did my hysterectomy & bladder surgery & he did a wonderful job! So attentive & professional, wonderful bedside manner & great staff!
in Bay Springs, MS |
I was recommended to Dr. Harris through a friend as a second opinion. I was able to get an appointment quickly. I found him and his staff to very informative and took the time to explain the procedure that I would need. I was very at ease about having the surgery. After I went home I never took any pain meds and after two weeks I felt so back to normal that I forgot that I had had surgery!
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Harris was great!!! He came highly recommended by my nurse practitioner and he not only met my expectations, but exceeded them. He was thorough in explaining everything and my options and worked with me to get the results I wanted. When I went back for recheck he made sure I didn't have anymore questions or concerns and gave me lots of info for my continued success!!!
in Pearl, MS |
Dr. Harris is a very caring and compassionate physician who cares about his patients. He is very knowledgeable on women's health. I suffered for over 11 years with a medical condition and have seen multiple doctors without relief. I was referred by one of my professors to go see him and he has been such a BLESSING to me and my husband. I feel better than I have in 11 years. I've got my life back. Thank you, Dr. Harris!!! You are truly on the mission field of helping others. God Bless You!
in Poplarville, MS |
I met with Dr. Harris for the first time in August of 2015, and was immediately impressed. I had been suffering for quite a while with complications involving vaginal mesh. Prior to my initial visit with Dr. Harris I had been to more than 10 doctors. This included doctors from Tulane Medical Center and Ochsner Hospital. Fortunately, a doctor in Laurel, Ms. referred me to Dr. Harris. I feel like a new woman, he's amazing. Please don't hesitate to make an appointment. You'll be glad you did.
in Saltillo,Ms. |
I was needing surgery and went to a OBGYN in Tupelo,Ms. since it was close. The Dr. I saw recommended Dr Harris. Boy, am I glad he did!! I have never been so impressed with a Dr.,staff or business as I was there! Jackson was further than I wanted to drive but am so glad I did! I traveled 3 to 4 hrs. for a total of 5 trips including the surgery and would do it all over again! He is a very caring Dr. and we all know those are hard to find nowadays!! I was impressed from the first time I met him!
in Vicksburg MS |
I had a total hysterectomy, bladder suspension and pelvic repair this year with Dr Harris and Dr Speights and was overwhelmed with the kindness and attention that I received from both of them. The surgery went very well, short time under anesthesia and in recovery. Most of all there was little to no pain after surgery . I was up walking and caring for myself immediately and never needed a pain pill. This was categorized as 'major surgery' and I am still amazed that it was so easy!
in Mendenhall, MS |
There are several reasons I would recommend Dr. Harris. The time taken to speak with me, and understand my concerns, was never rushed. I did feel that all issues were addressed in a compassionate and knowledgeable manner, and that he and the staff made every effort to assure my understanding of treatment options.
Jackson, MS |
The best in his field
in Monroe, LA |
WONDERFUL SURGEON! I waited years to deal with my incontinence. What a mistake! I felt no embarrassment from the initial physician's exam, the urodynamics testing by the nurse or throughout the surgery. I could not have asked for a better doctor and office staff. The expertise and compassion of Dr. Harris and Dr. Speights was such a blessing. I am two weeks out with no problems and most of all no leaks! Don't delay getting treatment for this type of problem, surgery is such a life changer!
Ridgeland, MS |
Insightful and timely care.
in Grenada, MS |
Dr. Harris explained everything in detail. He was very patient and kind. I would definitely recommend him to all my friends.
in Mccomb, MS |
This has been life changing ! i did not realize how much my bladder issues had held me back , and what made me completely wising up and go thru with the surgery was Dr Harris ,he made me feel so comfortable and at ease ,this was a very embarrassing subject for me but once he explained why this happened and what he could do , Dr Harris and his staff have been very caring and thoughtful ,and have given me life again ,what a blessing .
Madison, MS |
He is easy to talk to; punctual; thorough; builds confidence. All in all, a good experience.
in Union, MS |
Dr. Harris and his staff are knowledgable, professional and personal. My gynecologist referred me to Dr. Harris because of the severity of my situation. Dr. Harris is truly a gifted surgeon and is very sensitive to women's needs. I'm thankful he did my surgery. I am confident to recommend him and his staff.
in Duck Hill, MS |
Dr. Harris and staff were very nice and caring. It was a pleasure to have him as my doctor.
in clinton, ms. |
Dr. Harris and his staff are amazing skilled professionals , that are experts in their field and have a genuine concern for their patients and improving women's health in general. I could not have asked for better care.
Dr. Harris is wonderful , always cheerful, friendly and professional. He performed my surgery with no problems and everything went as expected . Excellent insight into women and their concerns . Very knowledgable about latest procedures and up to the minute techniques. Recommend him highly.
in West Monroe, LA |
So worth the drive from West Monroe, LA. I would recommend to everyone. I am also so happy to learn that he will likely be adding Monroe, LA to his locations that he visits to see patients. He had all the testing equipment right there in his office in Jackson and you do not have to go anywhere else for diagnosis. The environment is wonderful down to the real sheets (not paper gowns) and heated feet props.
in Ackerman |
Dr. Harris and his staff were wonderful! My surgery went very well. I would recommend Dr. Harris to anyone! Very personable and efficient!!
in Hattiesburg MS |
Dr. Harris is an outstanding physician! He is very professional and knowledgeable! He exercises his skills in a manner that builds confidence. He is very reassuring and supportive which helped instill confidence in me. His team of nurses and nurse practitioners have excellent skills and are delightfully warm and compassionate. The level of care provided by Dr. Harris and his team is OUTSTANDING! The entire professional staff, at the hospital, were very caring and totally patient centered.
in Mendenhall, ms |
The best I am totally satisfied. Thanks so much for all you did for me.
in Jackson, MS |
Dr. Harris was very patient, understanding, and compassionate. He put me at ease immediately. He explained everything. I felt very confident in his knowledge & expertise in handling my medical problem.
in Hattiesburg, MS |
Dr. Harris and his nursing staff were kind and considerate. He was very encouraging and helped make an uncomfortable subject easier to discuss. The level of care was excellent. He is a blessing.
in Boyle,/ Cleveland, MIssissippi |
Compassionate to you illness and feelings. Not a drug pusher doctor. So, if your looking for that you may select someone else. Dr. Harris is always looking for positives to help the patient get better. He is positive in his methods of treatment and stresses wellness intervention to live a more optimum life style. I have beening seeing Dr. Harris for 3 years and we are final getting to our goal. But he is the number one doctor in the state of Mississippi for removing Mesh. Thank you Dr. Harris.
in Jackson, MS |
He kept my husband & I very informed at all times. He provided excellent care throughout the process.
in Smithdale, MS |
Dr Harris was highly recommended to me by a friend.However,when I met him he not only lived up to my expectations,he exceeded them! Often times these types of visits can be very awkward,uncomfortable,and to say the least,embarrassing. Dr Harris was very,kind and professional.He has the best bedside manor I have encountered.I never once felt rushed or afraid to ask questions.His nurses even called to check on me! I hope anyone reading this review will consider Dr Harris for your surgery.
in Starkville, MS |
This doctor gave me my life back! It's wonderful!! He and his staff are extremely professional. I have never been to a doctor's office that had such caring staff. If I ever need him again, I will drive the 2 hours one way to get to him! I recommend him to all that can use his services.
in Starkville, MS |
I just love him. His staff is excellent. There is very little and usually no waiting time when you come for an appointment. Dr Harris is extremely professional and friendly. He has given my life back to me and I will always recommend him to others. I travel from Starkville, MS to his Jackson just to be in his care.
in Brandon, MS |
My experience with Dr. Harris and his medical staff has surpassed my expectations. I received a recommendation from a trusted source, and she was right on. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Harris to all my female friends. I rated office and staff excellent, but whoever it was recently filling in for Penny was rude even confrontational. The very nice young lady sitting at the exit counter/computer would know her name. Penny and the rest have been great.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Are you Dr. Harris?

Visit Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 30 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica

Flowood, MS 39232
St. Dominic Hospital
969 Lakeland Dr
Jackson, MS 39216

More Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists like Dr. Harris at Southeast Urogyn

Dr. Steven Speights, MD