Dr. Robert Harris, MD

Dr. Harris
Telehealth services available

Southeast Urogyn

501 Marshall St Ste 600 Jackson, MS 39202

Dr. Robert Harris, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Jackson, MS and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Harris has more experience with Urologic Care and Gynecologic Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Mississippi medical school in 1990. He is affiliated with medical facilities Merit Health River Oaks and Mississippi Baptist Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Harris to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Obstetricians & Gynecologists in your area

See similar Obstetricians & Gynecologists in Jackson

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Harris accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Harris has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(601) 948-6540Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Urologic Care

Urologic care focuses on the health and treatment of the male and female urinary tract, as well as the male reproductive system.Compare with other Urologic Care specialists.

Typically treats 91% more than their peers

Dr. Harris treats Urinary Incontinence more than 100% of their peers

Overactive Bladder

Dr. Harris treats Overactive Bladder more than 100% of their peers

Gynecologic Surgery

Gynecologic surgery treats conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids through procedures such as hysterectomy, tumor removal, and myomectomy.Compare with other Gynecologic Surgery specialists.

Typically treats 67% more than their peers

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Nausea
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Robert Harris, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris?
What People Say About Dr. Robert Harris, MD
I was very happy with my outcome. Dr. Harris was so very nice, took the time to explain every thing that would be taking place. He made me feel at ease with having surgery. He was there for me , I would recommend any one needing help with any female issues to go see him. You want be sorry , it is time well spent.
Betty Thornton – Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
As a 34 year old mom of 3, I was embarrassed at the idea of having bladder leakage and a rectocele. Dr. Harris and his staff were very knowledgeable, supportive, thorough, and helpful along my journey! He KNOWS his stuff, and he explained the process to me and made me feel so much better about the fact that I was not the only person my age that has had to overcome this. I was concerned about my sex life, my physical health, and my social life, but with the expertise of Dr. Harris, I no longer have to worry about leakage when working out, coughing, or playing with my kids. I am amazed at my results! Recovery was smooth! I am 10weeks post-op and I’ve gotten back to my normal life, plus I am able to run again!! Thank you Dr. Harris!
Revived mommy of3?? – May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Thank you Dr. Harris for your kindness, professionalism and expertise. They say men GYNs don't take time to listen to their female patients and have the bedside manners at times because men don't know what we as women are going thru and feel. Well I'm here to say that's a lie even if you don't know how we feel. Ive met and had some unprofessional female GYNs. Dr. Harris I've never had a GYN like you and all mines been female but two. I would have not made these trips to Jackson if I didn't trust you with my female issues and now my surgery (hysterectomy). You have given me a new out look on life and its going to be even better once my bladder issues are treated. I just wanted to say thank you again and men GYNs do care about their female patients and have wonderful bedside manners. You are the best. ????See you in July for my follow up.
Latasha Frazier – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris is an excellent doctor. He understands a woman at my age. I have not had any complications from surgery, and recovery has been better than I expected. Dr. Harris and Valley Hildebrand checked my thyroid, which my previous gynecologist had not done even after complaining for years about fatigue and other symptoms. After blood work, I was immediately given Synthroid and recommended to the Diabetes and Endocrine Center. I'm also on Hormone Replacement Therapy. This is the best I have felt in years! Thank you!
BTC – May 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Harris. He changed my life forever. After years of bladder incontinence I no longer have to wear pads. I wish I had had the procedure years ago. The nursing staff were great during my office visit and calling to check on me after my procedure. I drove three hours for my visit and procedure and would not hesitate to drive that distance again in the future if need be.
Susan – Apr 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I like Dr Harris and his staff. Everyone was kind and patient with me. They checked on me as I was recovering from surgery. Thanks!!!!
Mar 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I’m so glad my obgyn referred me to Dr Harris for my bladder leakage issue because had I not gone to him, I’d have never known about the other procedures I actually needed to have done. He asks the questions you may be too shy/embarrassed to ask. I was so relieved that I was able to get other issues resolved that I’d never been comfortable discussing with my obgyn. Dr Harris will spend time with you explaining things in a way you can understand and he will answer all your questions. He has made this 46 y/o feel rejuvenated, let me say this, my husband wants to thank him ?? He also referred me to ovation women’s wellness where I see Micki Autry, a nurse practitioner who specializes in women’s hormone issues. That lady had me laughing and was such a joy to discuss my issues with, she also asks those embarrassing questions and makes you feel so at ease. I’m on week 2 of my hormone replacement therapy and can’t wait to see the results.
Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I had a complete hysterectomy with other pelvic area repairs done on February 26, 2020. I had heard horror stories about recovery issues from friends who didn't have Dr. Harris as their surgeon. I have none of the problems my friends had from their surgeries. I am comfortable with minimal pain meds, eating and sleeping well and feel I am well on my way to complete recovery. Dr. Harris and his entire team of medical professionals are a cut above the rest. Dr. Harris has an incredible bedside manner and I felt secure in his advice and my care from the first time I met him and his staff. I would recommend Southeast Urogyn to any woman needing specialized care.
Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
After having pre- menopausal breast cancer and developing lichens sclerosis and the dryness and irritation associated with chemo etc...added to that was urinary incontinence which made all of this 1000 times worse. I thought I was doomed to live the rest of my life like this. I was told after testing, that surgery was not recommended but they offered me Injections to the bladder, laser and plasma injections to the perineum. All I can say is that I have my life back again. This was life changing for me in so many areas of my life. The pain , irritation and dependence on pads was gone. I had no idea these treatments existed , but thanks to Dr Harris, my quality of life is much improved. He was so compassionate and caring and came up with the best treatment for me. The nurses were all amazing too. If you have any of these issues with or without a history of breast cancer and need help, contact Dr. Harris ASAP.
Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
After several years of urinary incontinence, I decided it was time to seek help to resolve the issue. I spoke with my primary GYN and she recommended and referred me to Dr. Harris. After evaluation, Dr. Harris performed a mesh sling implant. For me to live life without accidents, without constantly changing protective pads, without dreading to cough or sneeze, without suffering chronic UTIs and skin inflammation, and without limiting my physical activities out of fear of another accident, having the mesh sling implant placement with Dr. Harris' expertise and experience, I am free to live without these limitations. From the evaluation through the follow-up final office visit, my experience with Dr. Harris and his staff have be stellar. Bottom line: if you leak...run (carefully) to see Dr. Harris and his team. Get your freedom back.
Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
My visits to Dr. Harris were amazing. He is an excellent surgeon and has a wonderful staff. He explained things and listened to all my concerns. After having four babies naturally my body was due for some papering. Before surgery I couldn’t enjoy playing with my kids or my hobbies. Running, fitness classes or even a cough would cause me to leak. So embarrassing since I’m only 39. Dr. Harris also preformed vaginal rejuvenation to help tighten, and repair imperfections after child birth. I can say that after undergoing both bladder sling and rejuvenation it was the best decision I ever made for myself!! I would definitely recommend Dr. Harris and both procedures.
Kristian – Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I'm a 35 year old mom of three... I have been to 4 different Dr.'s for bladder problems witch were only getting worse and the medication was not enough... I was in full blown depends due to leakage and urgency... It was absolutely awful... I couldn't go anywhere grocery stores, football games, or band events without being absolutely a wreck... I was finally recommended to Urogyn and Dr. Harris... This man was amazing!!! Professional understanding, and reassuring!!! I had my surgery in July and after surgery I didn't have any leakage it was completely gone... It's been 6 months since surgery still no problems... I'm a completely different person... I'm truly blessed and thankful....
Mermaid Mom – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris is an excellent surgeon! I am amazed at his high level of skill & the speed at which he can operate with absolutely great results!
Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris is the best. I had complicated vaginal vault Prolapse from previous hysterectomy. He performed surgery and i had no complications. I actually had to take no pain meds after. My follow up went great.
Sherri Harper – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris is so personable and he put me at ease immediately. I had dreaded the visit and it turned out to be very uplifting! I am so glad Mickie Autry sent me to him and I feel very secure under his watch and care!
Martha Catlette – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I was treated by my primary care for several Urinary Tract Infections as frequently as once a month for a nine month period. Every culture revealed the treatment I was receiving was correct. I was informed that I may have to just live with my condition. I asked for one more step and was referred to Dr. Harris. He performed a few routine procedures and talked with me about my symptoms. We discussed a plan for treatment and I started following the plan. After 6 months of treatment of antibiotics and vaginal inserts, the initial cause of my UTI frequency was identified. I was not producing enough estrogen which can be one reason for urinary tract infections. He was very throrough in the explanation of continued treatment. I did not have surgery; I have not been on preventative antibiotics for 1 month. As of today, I will continue my inserts that provide the estrogen I need. Thank you, Dr. Harris, for helping me find a solution to an uncomfortable situation.
RC – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
When I turned 70, it was like a switch was turned on and I had to wear a Depend every day and night. Sometimes I would get up from the bed, couch or chair and it would flow all the way to the bathroom. I could not make it stop. I can’t even explain how degrading that was to me. I confidentially told a friend my dilemma and she recommended I see Dr. Harris. That was the best decision I ever made. He did bladder sling surgery for me and in less than three weeks, I no longer had to wear a Depend. Dr. Harris was my Christmas Miracle. I could have danced all night! After five weeks I had to have an MRI on my hip. Much to my surprise it indicated I had a 6 CM hematoma which literally freaked me out…until I found out this happens to 40 to 50 percent of the people that have this surgery and it reabsorbs so there was nothing to worry about. I prayed and prayed about this but now I thank the Lord for Dr. Harris and how much he improved my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
BARHG – Jan 15, 2020
Friendly and informative!
Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
I was about95 percent incontinent. After a 20 minute bladder sling I am now 95 percent continent. Dr Harris and his team are amazing. I never even had to take a pain pill afterwards. I am overjoyed. Makes such a difference in my life. Hallelujah I don’t know if my rating took below but all 5 stars on everything
Emogene Phillips – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?
Wonderful experience, should've done before now, quick recovery, didn't even need my pain pills... I am 40 years old and had leakage due to 19 hours labor 7 years ago. Couldn't cheer or coach soccer without leakage. I had no pain after surgery, was back to work the next day. I can now run on treadmill, coach soccer, cough or sneeze without the concern of wetting myself. So glad I did it before I needed to wear Depends
CMO2019 – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Harris, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Harris?

My primary care philosophy is to provide women with the highest quality pelvic care by the least invasive means possible. With a wide range of treatment options, surgical repair of pelvic floor disorders is endorsed only when less intrusive alternatives have been exhausted. The delicate nature of my specialty requires the utmost compassion, sensitivity and responsiveness be shown to my patients.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Recipient of research awards 5 times during training years, 1994-1998
  • Magna Cum Laude Graduate, 1985
  • Faculty Teaching Award Duke OBGYN, 1996

More Information

• Does Dr. Harris communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Harris communicates via email

• Does Dr. Harris offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Harris offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Harris offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Harris offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Harris have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Harris has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Harris offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Harris offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Harris offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Harris offers evening visits