Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Gutman, MD
Dr. Robert Gutman, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Washington, DC. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Gutman is affiliated with Medstar Washington Hospital Center and Medstar Montgomery Medical Center.

106 Irving St NW Ste 405

Washington, DC 20010

• AvMed
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Gutman

See how frequently Dr. Gutman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Uterine Prolapse

Dr. Gutman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gutman "As a specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, I provide comprehensive, patient-centered care to women with pelvic floor disorders. I perform a thorough evaluation and take the time to explain the diagnosis. When planning treatment, my patients' goals and satisfaction are the most important outcome. Ultimately, I want to improve quality-of-life through both medical and surgical management."

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Endometriosis
  • Fecal Incontinence
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mullerian Anomalies
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Stress Incontinence
  • Urethral Diverticulum
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary Urgency

• Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Brown University Program In Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Brown University Program In Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Gutman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gutman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gutman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gutman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gutman to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Gutman's Performance
Greenbelt, MD |
I don't know why I waited so long...from the first visit I knew I was in good hands. The doctor and his staff were great in both his DC and Maryland offices. I must say I am very happy with my experience before, during and after my surgery.
in Washington, DC |
I had a major situation and issue with my pelvic area and Dr. Gutman was very sincere and genuine about getting my issue resolved. He was so very responsive and tentative, and provided good explanation on best and worst case scenarios of my procedure I needed to have, which an extreme of clear fluids leakng from my kidney. He met up with other team of doctors and they able to come up with great solution. His partner Dr. Ricktor was alo amazing. Thank you!!!
Potomac, MD |
Dr. Gutman was the only doctor I saw (and I saw 4) that gave me options as to what type of procedure I would like to have done. His office is kind and friendly and my hospital experience was exceptional.
Damascus , MD |
I would highly recommend (and already have!) his office to family/friends. He was extremely professional, spent plenty of time answering my questions and I had complete trust in his abilities.
Gaithersburg, MD |
From start to finish Dr. Gutman was informative, attentive, respectful, and exceedingly helpful. He went over options and procedures with me several times until he was sure I understood exactly what was involved. I felt completely at ease in his care. The results have been as much and possibly more than I had hoped for. I am enjoying living a normal life again. I can also highly recommend his staff. They were all pleasant, efficient, and skilled in their various tasks, particularly Tanya Merrick
in Hyattsville, MD |
Dr. Gutman was a lifesaver for me as he repaired a botched hysterectomy that resulted in pelvic prolapse. He is knowledgeable and able to explain well what is wrong and what he plans to do to fix it. I appreciate his continuing to see me for my annual exams post surgery. Dr. Gutman's office staff is kind and professional. There is never a long wait for my appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Gutman as a pelvic specialist.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Gutman and his staff are wonderful and very professional; I am so glad that his practice was recommended to me for the evaluation and surgical repair that I elected to have. He explained my options clearly and thoroughly to me before surgery, and he and his staff had great follow-up with me afterwards. I never felt rushed at any appointment, and everyone in his office is so friendly and easy-going. Dr. Gutman's manner is comforting and proficient at the same time. I highly recommend him!
in Columbia, MD |
I highly recommend Dr. Gutman, so caring and understanding and thanks to him, I don't have to stop at every service center from MD to FL when traveling back and forth to MD and FL. I had the mesh put in last year, it was more painful having a baby. Second best decision I ever made. The first was saying I'm not going to live with waking up 3-4 times a night going to the bathroom. I'm 76 years old and sleep through the whole night, thank you Dr. Gutman for giving me my life back.
in Maryland |
It was the best decision I have made in a long time. The surgery works 100%. He is very professional and explains everything in detail. I would highly recommend him!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Gutman gave me a big sales pitch about the success rate of lifting my bladder into a mesh sling. The mesh is still found in pieces throughout my lower body. What is worse is that his surgery caused my colon to wrap around itself. That required a colon resection, thirteen days at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and an enormous, continuing problem...with both my bladder and colon. His charm is dangerous!!!!
in Hyattsville, MD |
Dr GUTMAN has been a caring doctor since the day I met him. He listens to you and then, with you, he shares the pros and con's regarding your treatment. What I appreciate the most about Dr GUTMAN is that he is patient with the patient!
in Potomac, MD |
This doctor has a real ego problem and doesn't like you questioning his recommendations. He won't even tell you his opinion until he runs expensive and painful tests on you. Then he told me I needed prolapse surgery. I got another opinion from a doctor who actually listened to me and my symptoms are not from prolapse at all. She recommended a specialized PT for my pelvic muscle spasms and my symptoms went away. I DIDN'T need surgery. But guess if you are a surgeon, everyone needs surgery!!
Have you seen Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
Are you Dr. Gutman?

CareFirst Maryland POS
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Hospitals where Dr. Gutman has admitting privileges