Dr. Robert Gutman, MD

Dr. Robert Gutman, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  ·
Dr. Robert Gutman, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in 1998 and specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery and obstetrics & gynecology.

106 Irving St NW Ste 405

Washington, DC 20010

• AvMed
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Gutman

See how frequently Dr. Gutman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Uterine Prolapse

Dr. Gutman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gutman "As a specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, I provide comprehensive, patient-centered care to women with pelvic floor disorders. I perform a thorough evaluation and take the time to explain the diagnosis. When planning treatment, my patients' goals and satisfaction are the most important outcome. Ultimately, I want to improve quality-of-life through both medical and surgical management."

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Brown University Program in Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Brown University Program in Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Gutman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gutman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gutman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gutman's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gutman to family and friends

Dr. Gutman's Performance

Dr. Gutman is a knowledgeable, kind, caring and compassionate physician. He did a great job of explaining the issues and treatment options. Based on his recommendation, I had surgery, which ended up being life-changing. My only regret is not doing sooner. My experience was positive at every office...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Gutman was like a godsend in my life. I had endured two 6 hour surgeries by another well reputed pelvic reconstruction surgeon—both almost immediately unsuccessful. By the time I saw Dr. Gutman, I was physically negatively impacted by serious prolapse and he was faced with a complicated fix. ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I feel truly fortunate to have had Dr. Gutman as my surgeon. He is an excellent surgeon and a very caring doctor, He always got back to me promptly if I had concerns and questions. As for the surgery, the recovery was long and I was doubtful. But to my surprise, the benefits of the surgery have...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I don't know why I waited so long...from the first visit I knew I was in good hands. The doctor and his staff were great in both his DC and Maryland offices. I must say I am very happy with my experience before, during and after my surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I had a major situation and issue with my pelvic area and Dr. Gutman was very sincere and genuine about getting my issue resolved. He was so very responsive and tentative, and provided good explanation on best and worst case scenarios of my procedure I needed to have, which an extreme of clear...more
Are you Dr. Gutman?