Dr. Robert Gutman, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Gutman

Medstar Washington Hospital Center

106 Irving St NW Ste 405 Washington, DC 20010

Dr. Robert Gutman, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in 1998 and specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery and obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Gutman accepts

Dr. Gutman accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Kaiser Permanente
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check Dr. Gutman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gutman performs this procedure more than 97% of his peers

Incontinence Sling Procedure

Dr. Gutman performs Incontinence Sling Procedure more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Gutman performs this procedure more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Monarc® Suburethral Sling
  • Pubovaginal Sling
  • Urethral Sling

Dr. Gutman's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Breast Pain
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mullerian Anomalies
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Urethral Diverticulum
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary Urgency
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vesicovaginal Fistula
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Yeast Infections

As a specialist in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, I provide comprehensive, patient-centered care to women with pelvic floor disorders. I perform a thorough evaluation and take the time to explain the diagnosis. When planning treat...

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

4.5

Dr. Gutman?
Dr. Gutman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Gutman, MD
I recommend Dr Gutman repeatedly to friends and family. He is very respectful . He listens to the problem/concerns, takes a complete history in his office. Will then take you to a room for examination, then return to his office to discuss his findings and recommendations. He educates, shows diagrams and discusses all the options available including the benefits and probability of success. The surgery itself , went according to plan . The recovery as well. It was actually hard to keep myself from doing to much after surgery as there was minimal pain. I say this as a patient. I am also a Registered Nurse in Women's Health , I trust him implicitly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
After hearing from 3 different physicians that I needed surgery but it would be too much for them to do, I found Dr. Gutman. His staff worked me in within a week. Dr. Gutman was thorough in his explanations of my problems and ways to correct or manage them. I never left his office with an unanswered question. His profile also speaks for itself. I'm now nearly a week post-op and am very confident in the care I've received thus far.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
Dr. Gutman is a knowledgeable, kind, caring and compassionate physician. He did a great job of explaining the issues and treatment options. Based on his recommendation, I had surgery, which ended up being life-changing. My only regret is not doing sooner. My experience was positive at every office visit and during the surgery. His office staff was very friendly and helpful, and although I sometimes I had to wait at my appointments, I never felt rushed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
Dr. Gutman was like a godsend in my life. I had endured two 6 hour surgeries by another well reputed pelvic reconstruction surgeon—both almost immediately unsuccessful. By the time I saw Dr. Gutman, I was physically negatively impacted by serious prolapse and he was faced with a complicated fix. What an amazing young surgeon Dr.Gutman is—-he did fix me and I feel better than I have in years-highly, highly recommend this doctor!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
I feel truly fortunate to have had Dr. Gutman as my surgeon. He is an excellent surgeon and a very caring doctor, He always got back to me promptly if I had concerns and questions. As for the surgery, the recovery was long and I was doubtful. But to my surprise, the benefits of the surgery have been tremendous, and my quality of life improved so much! I am glad I had this compassionate, competent doctor as my surgeon and I higly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
I don't know why I waited so long...from the first visit I knew I was in good hands. The doctor and his staff were great in both his DC and Maryland offices. I must say I am very happy with my experience before, during and after my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
I had a major situation and issue with my pelvic area and Dr. Gutman was very sincere and genuine about getting my issue resolved. He was so very responsive and tentative, and provided good explanation on best and worst case scenarios of my procedure I needed to have, which an extreme of clear fluids leakng from my kidney. He met up with other team of doctors and they able to come up with great solution. His partner Dr. Ricktor was alo amazing. Thank you!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
Dr. Gutman was the only doctor I saw (and I saw 4) that gave me options as to what type of procedure I would like to have done. His office is kind and friendly and my hospital experience was exceptional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
I would highly recommend (and already have!) his office to family/friends. He was extremely professional, spent plenty of time answering my questions and I had complete trust in his abilities.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
From start to finish Dr. Gutman was informative, attentive, respectful, and exceedingly helpful. He went over options and procedures with me several times until he was sure I understood exactly what was involved. I felt completely at ease in his care. The results have been as much and possibly more than I had hoped for. I am enjoying living a normal life again. I can also highly recommend his staff. They were all pleasant, efficient, and skilled in their various tasks, particularly Tanya Merrick
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
Dr. Gutman was a lifesaver for me as he repaired a botched hysterectomy that resulted in pelvic prolapse. He is knowledgeable and able to explain well what is wrong and what he plans to do to fix it. I appreciate his continuing to see me for my annual exams post surgery. Dr. Gutman's office staff is kind and professional. There is never a long wait for my appointment. I highly recommend Dr. Gutman as a pelvic specialist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
Dr. Gutman and his staff are wonderful and very professional; I am so glad that his practice was recommended to me for the evaluation and surgical repair that I elected to have. He explained my options clearly and thoroughly to me before surgery, and he and his staff had great follow-up with me afterwards. I never felt rushed at any appointment, and everyone in his office is so friendly and easy-going. Dr. Gutman's manner is comforting and proficient at the same time. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Gutman, so caring and understanding and thanks to him, I don't have to stop at every service center from MD to FL when traveling back and forth to MD and FL. I had the mesh put in last year, it was more painful having a baby. Second best decision I ever made. The first was saying I'm not going to live with waking up 3-4 times a night going to the bathroom. I'm 76 years old and sleep through the whole night, thank you Dr. Gutman for giving me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
It was the best decision I have made in a long time. The surgery works 100%. He is very professional and explains everything in detail. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
Dr. Gutman gave me a big sales pitch about the success rate of lifting my bladder into a mesh sling. The mesh is still found in pieces throughout my lower body. What is worse is that his surgery caused my colon to wrap around itself. That required a colon resection, thirteen days at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and an enormous, continuing problem...with both my bladder and colon. His charm is dangerous!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
Dr GUTMAN has been a caring doctor since the day I met him. He listens to you and then, with you, he shares the pros and con's regarding your treatment. What I appreciate the most about Dr GUTMAN is that he is patient with the patient!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?
This doctor has a real ego problem and doesn't like you questioning his recommendations. He won't even tell you his opinion until he runs expensive and painful tests on you. Then he told me I needed prolapse surgery. I got another opinion from a doctor who actually listened to me and my symptoms are not from prolapse at all. She recommended a specialized PT for my pelvic muscle spasms and my symptoms went away. I DIDN'T need surgery. But guess if you are a surgeon, everyone needs surgery!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gutman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gutman?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gutman treats patients.