Psychiatry  |
Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD
Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 72 years old and has been practicing for 45 years.

Robert Grunsten, M.D.

3000 N Halsted St Ste 407

Chicago, IL 60657

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Grunsten

My goal is to help individuals achieve their highest level of functioning with the least possible side effects where medication is indicated and I keep abreast of new medications and treatment options. For those who have out-of-network insurance benefits, I provide full documentation necessary for reimbursement at at each visit. I take seriously the value of my patient's time and strive to keep an on time schedule.

Dr. Grunsten's Experience

Dr. Grunsten's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

• Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Nortwestern University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1968
  • University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • Michale Reese Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Michael Reese Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1975

Dr. Grunsten has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Grunsten does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grunsten and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Grunsten's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grunsten to family and friends
Dr. Grunsten's Performance
in Waukegan |
I see Dr. Grunsten through the Lake County Health Department. He's an amazing, caring guy that's always up to date on the latest available research and treatments.
in Chicago, IL |
Fantastic doctor! Really understands the frustration of the weight gain which some medications bring. He was able to adjust my meds and I dropped 35 pounds and I feel great! Highly recommend him especially if you are struggling with the weight gain with medicine!
Chicago, IL |
Dr Grunsten really, really knows what he is doing. He has done for me what several others have not been able to do and I recommend him highly.
in Chicago,IL |
Dr. Grunsten changed my life for the better! I am beyond grateful I met him! He knows precisely what he is doing & actually takes the time to understand you & resolve any issue that is happening at the moment! I am very adamant that there is no psychiatrist better in the Chicagoland area. He exceeded my expectations! Thank you Dr.Grunsten!
in Chicago |
He is very kind and very accessible! When you need him he goes above and beyond. He is accommodating even understands sometimes public transportation is the reason behind a delay. I moved away from the city and still come to town for my appointments! I have seen a lot of docs and I am so very grateful for his knowledge compassion and dedication to his patients! Don't miss out on a life changing experience!
in Chicago |
I have great respect for Dr. Grunsten. He is very knowledgeable with current medical information. Through the years I have found him very quick to respond to my calls with a very caring and friendly demeanor. I highly recommend him!
in Chicago |
I have upmost respect for Dr. Gurnsten ...he took care of me for years & I will miss him very much. He is an excellent Doctor. I highly recommend him.
in Des Plaines |
I have been seeing Dr. Grunsten for ~10 years. I had previously seen a number of psychiatrists who were very ineffective. I can not speak any more highly of his expertise, professionalism, dedication, and flexibility. He is always quick to respond to communications. He makes a great effort to provide ways to get medication and treatment that would otherwise be unaffordable. I have responsed negatively to most medications. However, he recently suggested a new medication that has changed my life.
in Chicago |
I am so pleased with the quality of service I receive from Dr. Grunsten, he is so easy to talk to and understand. Appointments and on time every time and I have never felt better in my life. I would highly and have recommended him to my family and friends.
in Elmwood park il |
DR. Grunsten is a excellent dr. I have been his patient for many years. He is kind and always gets back to u right away. Now a days with Drs that is very rare. If he doesn't have a appointment time that fits ur schedule he always does his best to move things around or stay late to accommodate your needs. Dr. Grunstren is extremely knowledgeable in is his field . I strongly recommend him to anyone that is looking for a new physician. He is extremely compassionate about his patients and his work.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
Are you Dr. Grunsten?