Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD

Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 43 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1972 and specializes in psychiatry.

3000 N Halsted St Ste 407

Chicago, IL 60657

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Grunsten

See how frequently Dr. Grunsten performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Anxiety
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Dr. Grunsten's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Grunsten "My goal is to help individuals achieve their highest level of functioning with the least possible side effects where medication is indicated and I keep abreast of new medications and treatment options. For those who have out-of-network insurance benefits, I provide full documentation necessary for reimbursement at at each visit. I take seriously the value of my patient's time and strive to keep an on time schedule.  "

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Nortwestern University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1968
  • University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • Michale Reese Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Michael Reese Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1975

Dr. Grunsten has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Grunsten does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grunsten and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Grunsten's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grunsten to family and friends

Dr. Grunsten's Performance

If I could give Dr G a 10, I would in an instant. He's a wonderful human being,on top of being a great doctor. He truly cares about his patients. Go see him once and you'll understand. Honestly the best doc I've ever had (and I've had a lot of them!)
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I see Dr. Grunsten through the Lake County Health Department. He's an amazing, caring guy that's always up to date on the latest available research and treatments.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Fantastic doctor! Really understands the frustration of the weight gain which some medications bring. He was able to adjust my meds and I dropped 35 pounds and I feel great! Highly recommend him especially if you are struggling with the weight gain with medicine!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Grunsten really, really knows what he is doing. He has done for me what several others have not been able to do and I recommend him highly.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Grunsten changed my life for the better! I am beyond grateful I met him! He knows precisely what he is doing & actually takes the time to understand you & resolve any issue that is happening at the moment! I am very adamant that there is no psychiatrist better in the Chicagoland area. He...more
Are you Dr. Grunsten?