Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 74

Dr. Grunsten

Robert Grunsten, M.D.

3000 N Halsted St Ste 407 Chicago, IL 60657

Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 44 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1972 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Grunsten accepts

Dr. Grunsten accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Grunsten's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

Dr. Grunsten's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Grunsten

Dr. Grunsten?
Dr. Grunsten's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I have been a patient of Dr. G’s for the past 8 years, and feels he provides excellent care. He is professional, warm, funny and very skilled at medication management. Interstate him implicitly and highly recommend him.
Excellent understanding and carrying ..been his patient for over 19 years
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
If I could give Dr G a 10, I would in an instant. He's a wonderful human being,on top of being a great doctor. He truly cares about his patients. Go see him once and you'll understand. Honestly the best doc I've ever had (and I've had a lot of them!)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
I see Dr. Grunsten through the Lake County Health Department. He's an amazing, caring guy that's always up to date on the latest available research and treatments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
Fantastic doctor! Really understands the frustration of the weight gain which some medications bring. He was able to adjust my meds and I dropped 35 pounds and I feel great! Highly recommend him especially if you are struggling with the weight gain with medicine!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
Dr Grunsten really, really knows what he is doing. He has done for me what several others have not been able to do and I recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
Dr. Grunsten changed my life for the better! I am beyond grateful I met him! He knows precisely what he is doing & actually takes the time to understand you & resolve any issue that is happening at the moment! I am very adamant that there is no psychiatrist better in the Chicagoland area. He exceeded my expectations! Thank you Dr.Grunsten!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
He is very kind and very accessible! When you need him he goes above and beyond. He is accommodating even understands sometimes public transportation is the reason behind a delay. I moved away from the city and still come to town for my appointments! I have seen a lot of docs and I am so very grateful for his knowledge compassion and dedication to his patients! Don't miss out on a life changing experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
I have great respect for Dr. Grunsten. He is very knowledgeable with current medical information. Through the years I have found him very quick to respond to my calls with a very caring and friendly demeanor. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
I have upmost respect for Dr. Gurnsten ...he took care of me for years & I will miss him very much. He is an excellent Doctor. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Grunsten for ~10 years. I had previously seen a number of psychiatrists who were very ineffective. I can not speak any more highly of his expertise, professionalism, dedication, and flexibility. He is always quick to respond to communications. He makes a great effort to provide ways to get medication and treatment that would otherwise be unaffordable. I have responsed negatively to most medications. However, he recently suggested a new medication that has changed my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
I am so pleased with the quality of service I receive from Dr. Grunsten, he is so easy to talk to and understand. Appointments and on time every time and I have never felt better in my life. I would highly and have recommended him to my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?
DR. Grunsten is a excellent dr. I have been his patient for many years. He is kind and always gets back to u right away. Now a days with Drs that is very rare. If he doesn't have a appointment time that fits ur schedule he always does his best to move things around or stay late to accommodate your needs. Dr. Grunstren is extremely knowledgeable in is his field . I strongly recommend him to anyone that is looking for a new physician. He is extremely compassionate about his patients and his work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Grunsten, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Grunsten?

My goal is to help individuals achieve their highest level of functioning with the least possible side effects where medication is indicated and I keep abreast of new medications and treatment options. For those who have out-of-network insurance bene...

• Psychiatry