Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Gotlin

Robert Steven Gotlin, DO, PLLC

119 W 57th St Ste 212 New York, NY 10019

Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Se University Health Scis in 1987 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation and sports medicine.

Dr. Gotlin accepts

Dr. Gotlin accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Gotlin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gotlin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Gotlin treats Ankle Sprains and Strains more than 87% of his peers

Dr. Gotlin treats this condition more than 87% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
high

Dr. Gotlin treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 87% of his peers

Dr. Gotlin treats this condition more than 87% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Facet Joint Injection
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Joint Injection
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Pain Management
  • Spondylosis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

The doctor-patient relationship is the core foundation for the delivery of optimal health care. For reasons of economics, access, and consolidation, all too often this foundation is breached and the end user, the patient, is left alone. My pledge&nbs...

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

4.4

Dr. Gotlin?
Dr. Gotlin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO
Great! I went for knee pain which I have had for years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have been a patient for Dr Gotlin for nearly 20 years. He is an excellent doctor, who has treated me for issues relating to my back, my knees, pulled muscles, etc.. Always makes the right diagnosis; discusses it with you; happy to look at alternative treatments, if available. I highly recommend him to anyone who wants the best physical medicine care and advice. His staff are always really helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
Dr. Gotlin is very professional and knowledgeable. I have visited for two separate injury, first neck then back. He has been exceptional in diagnosing the issue as well as proscribing the correct treatment. Would highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
Dr. Gotlin has been my doctor for over 20 years and during that time I have sought his treatment and guidance through several painful injuries. He is thorough in his examination, compassionate and caring in the treatment he prescribes. His conservative and holistic approach has permitted me to restore function and mobility without surgical intervention while controlling any discomfort through a prescribed routine of physical therapy. He is easy to speak with and spends time explaining things.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I've been a patient of Dr. Gotlin's for more years than memory can serve. There's a very good reason, I'm still with him: he is simply the best orthopedist you could hope to have. In addition to that, he is a caring person and and excellent communicator. I am not the only faithful patient -- I meet them in his waiting room all the time, and they are smiling and singing his praises! Thank you, Dr. Rob! :) Laura Lavelle
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Gotlin for more than 10 years, during which time he has never failed to go above and beyond for us. Whether the situation requires his spending some extra time to diagnose a strange pain or to reassure me that he's on the case and won't quit until he finds the source of the problem, he's always there--by phone or email--and quickly. It's rare to find this combination of competence and accessibility, and it's made a big difference on many occasions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have been seeing Dr. Gotlin for (hard to believe) over 20 years. Before seeing him, I had 3 surgeries on my back and 2 on my knees. Since seeing him I have not had any surgeries for these or other similar conditions which he not only diagnosed accurately, but fixed without surgery. When I needed surgery after an accident, his recommendation was perfect. Plus he is totally patient centric. All the friends I've sent to him over the years have been grateful. I can't recommend him highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
Last year I took a fall from an 8 foot ladder. I went to the hospital and the staff did not find anything wrong with me but I was in severe pain. I went to Dr. Gotlin for a thorough exam and he diagnosed everything accurately. I broke my elbow, bruised several ribs and pinched a nerve in my back. He made sure to see me every 2 weeks and monitored my progress thoroughly. He is an amazing and caring doctor who got me better within 3 months for my half marathon! If only all doctors were like him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have seen Dr. Gotlin for many years for multiple injuries including a grade 1 neck strain. He has always given me the uppermost treatment and care. The one thing that separates Dr. Gotlin from most doctors is that he has a sincere concern for his patients well being. He has also made time for me no matter how big or small the condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have been seeing Dr. G for over 5 years for knee, hip and back issues as well as for advice regarding pain following foot surgery. He is a brilliant diagnostician and is extremely responsive and caring. He answers all my questions promptly and in a way that patients can understand. I have recommended him to family and friends, all of whom were extremely happy with his services. I wish all my doctors could be as smart and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have seen Dr Gotlin for about 15 years for a myriad of issues, including herniated discs and knee problems. I can honestly say that I've never seen a more caring, knowledgeable and trustworthy doctor. He takes the time to figure out and explain the issues. I disagree with the Brooklyn reviewer who stated "he chases down rare conditions." If he is sending a patient to a specialist, it is because he cares enough to try and identify one's condition and scope of care. I recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
Doctors are taught, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras. Meaning, examine the OBVIOUS causes before chasing after the rare conditons. Dr Gotlin was the magical combination of a doctor who would not listen, did not follow up, forgot to answer messages and worst of all, sent me on a wild goose chase of tests that cost me thousands of dollars AFTER insurance. Didn't bother to READ the MRI results showing a torn tendon. Set my care BACK by advising the wrong things (an inflamed tendon)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I saw Dr. Gotlin when I was diagnosed w/cervical stenosis and told repeatedly to have vertebrae fusion surgery to protect my spinal cord. But the remedy seemed counterintuitive, as the objective is fluid movement rather than stasis. Dr. Gotlin was the first doctor who agreed with me and even countered the surgeons’ proposed treatment as both archaic and counterproductive. He has treated me for close to 10 years now, and MRIs show no change since the outset. He has been a treasure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have been Dr Gotlin's patient for quite a number of years for various sports injuries. He is personable & attentive. Always responds to my messages promptly. Appreciate having him as a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have seen Dr. Gotlin for the last 10 years. He was able to help me with no other doctors could. He is smart, great at diagnosing issues, wonderful care and follow up. His staff is extremely helpful. I could not recommend him more highly. The best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have been going to Dr. Gotlin for over 15 years. He has helped me through both simple or very difficult physical issues, and has always guided and treated me with his ultimate knowledge of any musculoskeletal issue. He truly cares about his patients and always finds a solution to correct the injury and/or alleviate the pain it is causing. He takes all the necessary time to analyze and interact with his patients, which has therefore formed my deep, trusting relationship with him. He is amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I was recommended to see Dr. Gotlin in June. I was unable to walk. I had been receiving multiple shots by pain management physicians for years. Dr Gotlin was able to get to the root of my problem with my right leg after listening to me with a great deal of compassion and understanding. Subsequently, he contacted my pain management physician and instructed him where to place the injections in my leg and after the procedure, I was walking!! He's the greatest! I recommend him wholeheartedly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
Dr. Gotlin is absolutely fantastic. I have less than perfect knees, a bad back (arthritis) and he always LISTENS to how I'm feeling. Most importantly, he is tireless in asking questions to get to the root of my pain or discomfort. I never feel like I'm one of the dozens of patients I know he sees daily. He is thorough and caring, the personification of the good doctor. What else can I say? Well, I'm holding up and I think it's because he's my doc. I highly recommend Dr. Gotlin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
Dr. Gotlin is compassionate and spends the time necessary in examination and the explanation of diagnosis and course of treatment. He is friendly and easy to talk to. His staff is pleasant very accommodating. I have recommended Dr. Gotlin to other people and will in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Gotlin, DO?
I have been seen Dr. Gotlin five times over twenty years. He is warm, related and an excellent clinician. He has served me and my body well! His office staff is friendly, helpful and approachable. I reccomend him without reservation.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gotlin?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gotlin treats patients.