Dr. Robert I. Gluck, MD

Dr. Robert I. Gluck, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male | 59 years old

41 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Caring for the whole patient, one hand at a time...Read more

Dr. Gluck's Experience

See how Dr. Gluck's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gluck

Dr. Gluck accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gluck has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gluck's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gluck to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Gluck Says:

At the Hand Center, Long Island, NY we take patient feedback seriously and very much appreciate the many kind comments. Dr. Gluck takes the time he needs to deal effectively and completely with patient issues and concerns. Sometimes that results in longer wait times. This is an issue that we have addressed, and without compromising patient care and quality. Thank you!

Dr. Gluck's Performance
I've been a patient for a few years and Dr. Gluck was always a caring and a wonderful doctor. I've been to other doctor for my medical issues and I didn't receive the same quality care that I received from Dr. Gluck and because of him I'm doing so much better. He also has a wonderful staff and always helpful when I needed forms filled out. I would highly recommend him.
Garden City, NY |
Thanks to Doctor Gluck and his staff for making my experience and hand better.
Dr. Gluck was amazing!! Very patient and answered all of my questions, and helped me to understand all of my options. Also great office staff, very friendly and welcoming.
Garden City, NY |
My experience with Dr Gluck and his staff was amazing from the minute I made the call. The professionalism and cheerful attitudes made me feel at ease with my choice. I was in a great deal of pain and swelling from my wrist fracture however just from doing a few exercises and elevation Dr Gluck had me do in the office reduced my pain in half. Thank you for helping ease my pain and mind.
Port Washington, NY |
I made an appointment with Dr. Gluck with the recommendation from another doctor. I saw the doctor for 6 minutes, he deals with my issue but too busy. Tells receptionist to give me number of someone else and collect my co-payment. If you decided not to assist me with my issue, and pond me off to another doctor, don’t rob me too. Be careful. I thought he was a good doctor based on the recommendations posted, but that was not my experience. 30 minutes in the waiting room, 6 minutes in the doctor’s
Our goal is to provide quality care and that's what we do. Nobody likes to pay co-pays. That's what this was about. I spent much more than 6 minutes, took x-rays, reviewed them with the patient, explained the problem and the options in treating it. Unfortunately, I could not schedule the surgery. I gave her a choice of several colleagues, and we offered to call them to expedite things. Despite all this, she was upset about having to pay her co-pay. That's unfortunate.
New York, NY |
very disorganized Dr.
I'm very proud that over the years many doctors and nurses have come to me as patients, and send their friends and families as well. If "disorganized" means that you may have to sit in the waiting room a bit longer than expected, then that may be true. We are committed to providing quality care. We try to accommodate patients the same day or next when needed. I spend as long as needed with each patient. I help many patients avoid surgery, and avoid months and months of therapy. That takes time.
New York, NY |
I spend over an hour in the waiting room with a newborn baby to see Dr. Gluck. I was told by Dr. Gluck that the procedure that I was there for with my son for would take no more than 20 minutes but that he wouldn't be able to do it that day. Our visit with Dr. Gluck lasted 5 min. I was told that someone will contact me to schedule an appt. I called numerous times and left VMs. It's been 2 months already. I got an invoice for a 5 min. visit but no call back. Very unprofessional!
We provide quality care. This mom and dad came in with a newborn expecting, for some reason, to have surgery the same day. That was not possible. I explained the surgery in detail and answered all their questions. Far more than 5 minutes. When scheduling became an issue, they were given the name of one of my colleagues. This was a purely elective operation. They were upset about having to pay a co-pay.
Glen Cove |
This is the most poorly managed medical office I have ever been to. The front office/ receptionist staff are rude, disorganized and not able to perform the tasks of their job. While I was in the office waiting, another patient said the exact same thing. I told this to the doctor and he told me that I "should take back my statement" about his staff. The woman handling his patients told me she was by herself that day but there is a limit as to how poor the quality of work can be. No excuses.
We provide quality care. We don't like to keep anyone waiting, but I take as long as needed with each patient. We also try to accommodate patients same day if we can. My secretary happened to have been by herself that day. I apologized and explained all this. I went on to spend an incredibly long amount of time with this patient, but evidently to be spiteful she put down one or two stars.
Queens Village, NY |
I had an appointment with dr. Gluck at 12:30. I arrived on time, filed out the necessary paper work and sat down to wait. After waiting an hour I went to the desk and asked wht the delay was. I was told they do not have 12:30 appointments. I thought that was odd since I was given papers to fill out and was called the previous Friday(the appointment was on Monday) to confirm my 12:30 appointment. I left.
Doubtful that this ever really happened. I don't ever remember anything like this. No doubt there is more to the story. The reviewer said that "I thought that was odd" and of course it is odd. Of course we have 12:30 appointments. Even if we didn't, we would accommodate a patient, certainly one who was waiting an hour. We can't satisfy everyone, but we try and we certainly go out of our way to accommodate patient scheduling.
in Centereach, NY |
Dr. Gluck is my favorite doctor. I was in a terrible car accident and almost lost my pinky finger. With his knowledge and being so caring he was able to repair my nerve damage and get my finger safe. He did everything he could to help me and without him I would be without a finger right now. After 2 surgeries and many visits, my finger is almost back to normal. His passion for this is unbelievable and I will forever be thankful that I found him to be my doctor.
in Lake Success, N |
he saved my right hand.
Have you seen Dr. Robert I. Gluck, MD?

Compare Dr. Gluck

Dr. Gluck's Care Philosophy

Caring for the whole patient, one hand at a time...

Dr. Gluck says...

Hand and upper extremity (wrist and elbow) injuries and conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, tendonitis, dupuytrens contractures, work injuries, sports injuries, nerve problems, sprains and strains, and congenital problems.

Dr. Gluck says...

Dr. Gluck's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery

• Top Doctor NY US News & World Report, 2012
    • New York Magazine Top Doctor, 2012
    • Patients Choice Award, 2011
    • Most Compassionate Doctor, 2011
    • Top Orthopedic Surgeon Health Tap, 2012

Dr. Gluck has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gluck's Board Certifications

• Compound Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hernia
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Completed in 1989

Cornell University

Graduated in 1978

• Hebrew

Dr. Gluck does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gluck and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture Injection
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Endoscopic Hand Surgery
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment