Dr. Robert Frank, MD

Dr. Robert Frank, MD

Internal Medicine ·  Male · Age 68

Dr. Robert Frank, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Puyallup, WA and has been practicing for 39 years. He specializes in internal medicine, critical care medicine, and more.

Dr. Frank accepts

Dr. Frank accepts the following insurance:

Medicare Advantage
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Community First Health Plans
Medicare
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
Part B Primary
AARP Medicare Complete Essential HMO
Medicaid
US Family Health Plan
Washington State Department of Labor & Industries

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check if Dr. Frank treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Frank's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Asthma
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tuberculosis
  • Wheezing

My practice philosophy is to partner with my patients by providing them with the tools to keep them healthy and using my knowledge, skills and experience to treat them when they are not. By forming relationships with patients, I hope to become a trusted adviser empowering them to make decisions that will lead to a healthier life.

• Critical Care Medicine

2.1

Dr. Frank?
Dr. Frank's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Frank, MD
Dr Frank has been very good with my mother's care. He is not going to sugar-coat things for you but he will answer questions if you have them. He went over all of her medications with me and explained what they were for. He has adjusted different dosages when needed and he was a great help when I had to cancel a trip to Africa due to our respite caregiver moving away. He wrote a letter to the airline so I got a complete refund. I trust him more than any doctor we have ever had.
Thank you for sharing this with us. We are happy...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
I would select no stars if it was possible. Dr. Frank is very unfriendly and has very poor listening skills. He lacks empathy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
I last visited Dr. Frank in December, 2017. I find him to be very competent and knowledgeable. He took the time to answer my questions. I recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
Very disappointed. I called several times to get a refill on my brother (who is special needs and diabetic) a refill on his insulin. He claimed he hasn't seen him in over a year and refused to refill. He saw him four months ago and even offered to refill three weeks ago. What changed? Would NEVER recommend to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
Slow to warm up, yet has a pleasant personality. Found him efficient and competent. Like many physicians only explains reasons when asked i.e. why you should do this or that. Very focused and doesn't stray outside of the reason for your visit unless asked. Would like to recommend him more often, but he is only 1 man, and our area (Puyallup-South Hill) is already too short of physicians taking new clientele.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
Never, I am stuck with him till another doctor is available. I'm a cancer patient and have had major surgery, with caused hernias that has caused some weight gain & alot of pain, and he has the AUDACITY to call me OBESE. Nurse & staff very friendly I don't know how they work with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
Curt, rude, dismissive. I said taking Potassium to elevate leg cramps but was not sure if correct treatment. He said "too much potassium will kill you", no tests just "make an appointment in 4 weeks". He looked at a boil and it broke & began oozing down my leg. He turned away & prescribe antibiotic and said keep it clean. No cleaning, no bandage, I was left oozing, He noted in summary I have Stage III kidney disease and hyperglycemia, surprise to me, and my urologist. Never will go back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
Rude, dismissive, incompetent.First of all he kept me waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes without even acknowledging it when he finally came to the exam room. Just acted like that was perfectly normal. Gave me a diagnosis of Pre-diabetes without one word of education. No referral to a dietitian, no advise to loose weight, diet change or increase excercise. Just "You are pre-diabetic. See me again in six months". Completely dismissed my complaints of hand joint pain for three months....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
I have been to see Dr Frank twice, I have tried to get a different Dr. but there aren't any. This guy is not at all friendly, I see his picture and he is smiling, but I think that may be the only time he has EVER smiled. He is argumentative and totally unhelpful. I asked him a question about losing weight and his reply was I didn't exercise enough to work off one Twinkie.... I will keep him as my Dr. only long enough to find another DR, and if I get sick I'll go to urgent care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?
Barely says hello then sits at computer the whole appt, has curt answers to patient concerns. Has the personality of a rock!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Frank, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Frank?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Frank treats patients.

Compare Providers