Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 40

Ear, Nose, and Throat

Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD is an Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Springfield, MA and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Eppsteiner has extensive experience in Otologic Conditions & Procedures. He graduated from UNIV OF MA MED SCH in 2009. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baystate Franklin Medical Center and Baystate Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Clean Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is clean. See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Frequently Treated by Dr. Eppsteiner

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Eppsteiner treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Eppsteiner treats other conditions, please contact the office at (413) 732-7426.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Eppsteiner is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• ENT Cancer
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Salivary Gland Cyst
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Eppsteiner accepts

Dr. Eppsteiner accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Tufts PPO

Dr. Eppsteiner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Eppsteiner

Great Dr.!
Dr. Eppsteiner corrected my deviated septum as well as removing/reducing the size of polyps I had been having trouble breathing for over a year and(nose Stuffy every day one side always worse then the other) so Dr. suggested the procedure. for me after coming out of surgery there was not pain, my bleeding for the most part stopped by the 1st night. Dr. Eppsteiner was great throughout the whole process ad I could feel the results right away been almost a month since the surgery and every day has been clear breathing ! Dr. did mention that he dose this procedure (removal/reduction of polyps most of the time in younger adults (I am almost 63) buy it absolutely improved my breathing 100%
Bradley Austin – Dec 06, 2022
Quality Care
Dr. Eppsteiner is a compassionate and dedicated professional. He diagnosed me with cancer over five years ago. I continue to visit him twice a year for checkups. He is concerned with my health, my quality of life, and my relationship with my family. Dr. Eppsteiner is concerned with a broad spectrum of things in my life, not just the cancer. The entire office is professional and friendly. Another perk is that my appointments start close to the scheduled time. No long waits. I consider fortunate to have been under his care for over five years.
Dave Pinciak – Aug 05, 2022
Caring, kind, compassionate
Very kind, spoke softly and spoke to us in detail regarding our daughters medical ailment. Very confident in his care thus far.
Jul 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I saw Dr Eppsteiner for a paralyzed vocal chord and he performed a procedure to give me temporary relief to help me evaluate permanent procedure. He explained ALL my options in terms that I could understand. His bedside manner was phenomenal, he doesn't talk down to you and is very easy to work with and understand. I would HIGHLY recommend him. He referred me to a doctor out in Boston for a permanent solution and was extremely helpful getting everything setup. Overall an extremely positive experience.
Mr. Diaz – Dec 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I came to see Dr. Eppsteiner because of a branchial cleft cyst. The side of my neck was swollen and I was a 10/10 in pain. Dr. Eppsteiner couldn't have been nicer. He is a caring doctor that cared that I was in pain and did everything he could to fix this issue without surgery. He drained the fluid out of my neck twice and tried antibiotics. With that being said nothing worked and surgery was inevitable. The surgery was a complicated major operation and I was very lucky that Dr. Eppsteiner completed it. He is very talented and I would recommend him to any client needing care. I am now pain free in my neck and I have Dr. Eppsteiner to thank!
Sean Suslowicz – Oct 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Excellent. After visiting another ENT office for over 2 years I tried a new ENT office in Springfield MA. Dr. Eppsteiner was able to diagnose my condition and solve the problem with a surgical procedure. I can breath easily thru my nose for the first time in over 2 years. Condition solved in a couple months.
James – Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I was diagnosed with tongue cancer and referred to Dr. Eppsteiner. He evaluated me and set up the surgery right away, took into consideration my allergies to certain diagnostic compounds and adjusted my prep accordingly. He moved efficiently and competently to get me into surgery and handled me with respect, attentiveness and confidence. His wisdom, skill and commitment to do the best he can has added days to my life and I am grateful.
Dave P. – May 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner preformed surgery on my throat in January. He made me feel very comfortable and explained everything in terms that I truly understood. He was highly recommended by my physician and I can see why. He did a wonderful job and I barely have a scar. Walking into the hospital during this trying time without being able to have any moral support, Dr. Eppsteiner made me feel at ease and I had all the confidence in him. I highly recommend him. He is a super surgeon!
kathy piotrowski – Apr 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
To be honest on my first visit (which was a 2nd opinion) from another doctor within the same practice I was a bit skeptical. With it being within the same practice,I thought of course it was a typical doctor shuffle with just a fee billed to Medicaid/Medicare. I knew nothing about him, and when he first walked in I immediately was taken aback. He looked very young. ( I apologize for that doc.) Long story short I'm so glad I followed through. Even though I'm still suffering from the throat issues Dr. Eppsteiner found things that the first Doctor didn't which, in my opinion should have been caught just from a visual scope exam and endoscopy the first time. Always take the second opinion,and never judge by appearance. With what Dr. Eppsteiner found,at least we now have some answers to my issue,and hopefully begin to rid me of it....somehow. Thanks Dr. Eppsteiner!
Gordon Yell – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner did excellent job on my throat. I had to have surgery on my throat due to being incubated, and had a flat in back of my throat.also I was losing my voice, and had shortness of breath all that was gone,once He did my surgery. I was very happy that he did such a excellent job, he answer all my questions that need to be answered Very Satisfied He gets a five star from me.
Amber Ward – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner has gone out of his way to make my surgery as easy as possible. Pre and post op care has been exceptional. A star on the rise and I was fortunate when I got him as my surgeon .
Mary in Greenfield , MA – Aug 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr Eppsteiner is the best! He makes an immediate connection with his patients. Listens well; asks lots of questions as he works towards his diagnosis and plan for surgical procedure. Everything was explained in clear detail and you felt like he had all the time in the world. Refreshing.. Appointment on time.... Super happy with surgical outcome.
Bob – Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner may have saved my life! I went to see this Dr. when I had a bump in my throat. He took a biopsy of my tonsil and said it may be cancer! So he took a biopsy of my tonsil and called me back in a few days and said it was Negative. However he also said " I Am NOT CONVINCED" He had me come in for another biopsy to get a larger piece of the tonsil. Called me back in a couple of days and said it was POSITIVE! Imagine if he just let me walk after the first one!!! So I started Chemo and Radiation on May 17, 2018. Cancer free thus far. I continue to see Dr. Eppsteiner every four months or so. He is Polite, takes his time with you and extremely confident in his work! I was blessed to have him as my Dr. You can travel the world but not sure you would find anyone better than him. I thank you Dr. Eppsteiner. Todd C. -Springfield, MA
May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner has been seeing my daughter for almost 2 years. She started seeing him at just over a year and she was not talking. His proactive approach allowed us to get tubes in her ears quickly and restore her hearing. She immediately began to talk and closed the development gap. If he waited longer it could have stunted her language development.He has always been incredibly patient and he has a clam demeanor making the visits very smooth. He is a true professional and great with kids!
Marc D. – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Eppsteiner. He did a surgical procedure for my young daughter. He is very gentle and kind, and clearly explains procedures and rationales. Office staff excellent, as well as some surgical nurses. I would highly recommend this doctor.
Amherst – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
A very kind physician who took the time to answer my son's questions and concerns about his procedure, to explain to my son who would be present in the room and his confidence in them and to field questions from the parents. He was patient, we didn't feel rushed, he has a great bedside manner and did an excellent job with my son's tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. We didn't feel pressured into surgery or that this was just some digging for money.
Karen in Amherst, MA – Feb 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Had a tumor removed from behind my left ear. He explained the surgery well and it went great. His post op explanation to my wife was reassuring. Would recommend him highly.
Worthington – Jan 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I had a problem with my salivary gland and was referred to Dr. Eppsteiner. After having pain in my jaw for almost a year, I made an appointment with him. He evaluated me, gave me a steroid injection and my pain is gone. Very good experience. Great professional but friendly manner! Would definitely recommend.
  • Long wait times
West Springfield, MA – Jul 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
One treatment is all it took to regain my balance & resume my daily activities. I actually feel I gained my life back! When I went to see Dr.Eppsteiner I couldn't get out of bed or couch without assistance. I was afraid to get in the shower or be home alone due to the uncontrollable spinning, dizziness & nausea. I was completely homebound & misserable for nearly two weeks before receiving proper treatment. When I left the office after the treatment, I felt like I've been miraculously healed! TY
Alba in Springfield, Ma – May 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner was extremely knowledgeable and personable. I would highly recommend him. He preformed surgery on our daughter that went extremely well and made a significant difference for her. He took his time in the appointments and made sure to address an questions and concerns that we had. Great doctor!
Springfield, MA – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Eppsteiner?