Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 38

Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Springfield, MA. Dr. Eppsteiner has more experience with Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baystate Medical Center and Cooley Dickinson Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Eppsteiner to book an appointment.

Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeons of Western New England, LLC

100 Wason Ave Ste 100 Springfield, MA 01107
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Frequently Treated by Dr. Eppsteiner

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Eppsteiner treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Eppsteiner treats other conditions, please contact the office at (413) 732-7426.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Eppsteiner is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Audiometry
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hearing Screening
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Middle Ear Implant Candidacy Evaluation
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Study
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Eppsteiner accepts

Dr. Eppsteiner accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Eppsteiner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Eppsteiner

96.7741935483871%

Dr. Eppsteiner
Excellent. After visiting another ENT office for over 2 years I tried a new ENT office in Springfield MA. Dr. Eppsteiner was able to diagnose my condition and solve the problem with a surgical procedure. I can breath easily thru my nose for the first time in over 2 years. Condition solved in a couple months.
James – Aug 11, 2021
I was diagnosed with tongue cancer and referred to Dr. Eppsteiner. He evaluated me and set up the surgery right away, took into consideration my allergies to certain diagnostic compounds and adjusted my prep accordingly. He moved efficiently and competently to get me into surgery and handled me with respect, attentiveness and confidence. His wisdom, skill and commitment to do the best he can has added days to my life and I am grateful.
Dave P. – May 01, 2021
Dr. Eppsteiner preformed surgery on my throat in January. He made me feel very comfortable and explained everything in terms that I truly understood. He was highly recommended by my physician and I can see why. He did a wonderful job and I barely have a scar. Walking into the hospital during this trying time without being able to have any moral support, Dr. Eppsteiner made me feel at ease and I had all the confidence in him. I highly recommend him. He is a super surgeon!
kathy piotrowski – Apr 21, 2021
To be honest on my first visit (which was a 2nd opinion) from another doctor within the same practice I was a bit skeptical. With it being within the same practice,I thought of course it was a typical doctor shuffle with just a fee billed to Medicaid/Medicare. I knew nothing about him, and when he first walked in I immediately was taken aback. He looked very young. ( I apologize for that doc.) Long story short I'm so glad I followed through. Even though I'm still suffering from the throat issues Dr. Eppsteiner found things that the first Doctor didn't which, in my opinion should have been caught just from a visual scope exam and endoscopy the first time. Always take the second opinion,and never judge by appearance. With what Dr. Eppsteiner found,at least we now have some answers to my issue,and hopefully begin to rid me of it....somehow. Thanks Dr. Eppsteiner!
Gordon Yell – Apr 14, 2020
Dr. Eppsteiner did excellent job on my throat. I had to have surgery on my throat due to being incubated, and had a flat in back of my throat.also I was losing my voice, and had shortness of breath all that was gone,once He did my surgery. I was very happy that he did such a excellent job, he answer all my questions that need to be answered Very Satisfied He gets a five star from me.
Amber Ward – Feb 14, 2020
Dr. Eppsteiner has gone out of his way to make my surgery as easy as possible. Pre and post op care has been exceptional. A star on the rise and I was fortunate when I got him as my surgeon .
Mary in Greenfield , MA – Aug 19, 2019
Dr Eppsteiner is the best! He makes an immediate connection with his patients. Listens well; asks lots of questions as he works towards his diagnosis and plan for surgical procedure. Everything was explained in clear detail and you felt like he had all the time in the world. Refreshing.. Appointment on time.... Super happy with surgical outcome.
Bob – Jul 22, 2019
Dr. Eppsteiner may have saved my life! I went to see this Dr. when I had a bump in my throat. He took a biopsy of my tonsil and said it may be cancer! So he took a biopsy of my tonsil and called me back in a few days and said it was Negative. However he also said " I Am NOT CONVINCED" He had me come in for another biopsy to get a larger piece of the tonsil. Called me back in a couple of days and said it was POSITIVE! Imagine if he just let me walk after the first one!!! So I started Chemo and Radiation on May 17, 2018. Cancer free thus far. I continue to see Dr. Eppsteiner every four months or so. He is Polite, takes his time with you and extremely confident in his work! I was blessed to have him as my Dr. You can travel the world but not sure you would find anyone better than him. I thank you Dr. Eppsteiner. Todd C. -Springfield, MA
May 25, 2019
Dr. Eppsteiner has been seeing my daughter for almost 2 years. She started seeing him at just over a year and she was not talking. His proactive approach allowed us to get tubes in her ears quickly and restore her hearing. She immediately began to talk and closed the development gap. If he waited longer it could have stunted her language development.He has always been incredibly patient and he has a clam demeanor making the visits very smooth. He is a true professional and great with kids!
Marc D. – Apr 21, 2018
I would highly recommend Dr. Eppsteiner. He did a surgical procedure for my young daughter. He is very gentle and kind, and clearly explains procedures and rationales. Office staff excellent, as well as some surgical nurses. I would highly recommend this doctor.
Amherst – Mar 02, 2018
A very kind physician who took the time to answer my son's questions and concerns about his procedure, to explain to my son who would be present in the room and his confidence in them and to field questions from the parents. He was patient, we didn't feel rushed, he has a great bedside manner and did an excellent job with my son's tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. We didn't feel pressured into surgery or that this was just some digging for money.
Karen in Amherst, MA – Feb 04, 2018
Had a tumor removed from behind my left ear. He explained the surgery well and it went great. His post op explanation to my wife was reassuring. Would recommend him highly.
Worthington – Jan 01, 2018
I had a problem with my salivary gland and was referred to Dr. Eppsteiner. After having pain in my jaw for almost a year, I made an appointment with him. He evaluated me, gave me a steroid injection and my pain is gone. Very good experience. Great professional but friendly manner! Would definitely recommend.
  • Long wait times
West Springfield, MA – Jul 12, 2017
One treatment is all it took to regain my balance & resume my daily activities. I actually feel I gained my life back! When I went to see Dr.Eppsteiner I couldn't get out of bed or couch without assistance. I was afraid to get in the shower or be home alone due to the uncontrollable spinning, dizziness & nausea. I was completely homebound & misserable for nearly two weeks before receiving proper treatment. When I left the office after the treatment, I felt like I've been miraculously healed! TY
Alba in Springfield, Ma – May 13, 2017
Dr. Eppsteiner was extremely knowledgeable and personable. I would highly recommend him. He preformed surgery on our daughter that went extremely well and made a significant difference for her. He took his time in the appointments and made sure to address an questions and concerns that we had. Great doctor!
Springfield, MA – Apr 25, 2017
I had a wonderful first-time surgery experience with Dr. Eppsteiner. He was easy to get an appointment with, listened&took me seriously, & went through all the pros&cons of having a tonsillectomy as an adult. Surgery was scheduled very quickly. I was nervous but everyone was very calming&reassured me that I was in good hands. PostOp went exactly as he said&I have felt 100% better. Would absolutely recommend Dr. Eppsteiner! Very knowledgeable, did a beautiful job,&super sweet and easy to talk to!
Natalie in Greenfield, MA – Mar 31, 2017
Dr. Eppsteiner is a wonderful physician!! He truly cares about his patient and their family. His professional and personal demenor is excellent. I would refer him to any of my friends and family!! I work in the medical industry and know how stressful it is, he always had a smile on his face and was gracious!!
  • Long wait times
Allison Kalill in Springfield, MA – Mar 31, 2017
I had the best experience with any doctor ever! After some tests I had to have a Spindle Cell Lipoma removed from the side of my neck. Even though the tumor was small the surgery required a dissection of the nerves in my neck to get to it. The surgery went off without a hitch. Dr. Eppsteiner and his entire team were excellent. I hadn't been in a hospital in 30-plus years. I wasn't nervous at all and knew I was in great hands. Very thankful to have him for my Doctor!
Paul in Chicopee, MA – Mar 28, 2017
Dr.eppsteiner is an amazing doctor my 5 year felt comfortable with him and was never scared her surgery was a success with no complications and very minimal pain durning healing everything that I hoped would be accomplished was she's a healthy happy little girl and I can not thank Dr.eppsteiner enough for how wonderful he was with my daughter.
Melissa in Chicopee – Mar 22, 2017
I could not breath out if my nose for years. Dr.Eppsteiner suggested that I have surgery to repair the problem. He went into,detail of what he would do. On the day of surgery he came to see me before and went over everything again with me and my boyfriend. He made sure neither one of us had questions. When he was finished he went and talked to my boyfriend and let him know how everything went. When I went back for my postop appointment he made me feel very comfortable. I trust him recommend him.
Tina Perry in springfield, MA – Mar 11, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Eppsteiner?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

2013