Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD

Dr. Eppsteiner
Telehealth services available

Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeons of Western New England, LLC

100 Wason Ave Ste 100 Springfield, MA 01107

Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Springfield, MA. Dr. Eppsteiner has more experience with Upper Respiratory Conditions, Sleep-disordered Breathing, and Ear, Nose, and Throat Care than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baystate Mary Lane Hospital and Baystate Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Eppsteiner to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

See similar Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in Springfield

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Eppsteiner accepts

Dr. Eppsteiner accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Medicaid
Tricare
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Typically treats 75% more than similar doctors

Sinusitis

Dr. Eppsteiner treats Sinusitis more than 68% of their peers

Dr. Eppsteiner treats this condition more than 68% of their peers

Sleep-disordered Breathing

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep-disordered Breathing specialists.

Typically treats 74% more than similar doctors

Sleep Apnea

Dr. Eppsteiner treats Sleep Apnea more than 74% of their peers

Dr. Eppsteiner treats this condition more than 74% of their peers

Ear, Nose, and Throat Care

Ear, nose and throat care specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting those areas, including ear infections, tonsilitis, hearing loss, and sinus problems.Compare with other Ear, Nose, and Throat Care specialists.

Typically treats 71% more than similar doctors

Earwax Buildup

Dr. Eppsteiner treats Earwax Buildup more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Eppsteiner treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

Head or Neck Lump or Swelling

Dr. Eppsteiner treats Head or Neck Lump or Swelling more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Eppsteiner treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

Otologic Care

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Care specialists.

Typically treats 54% more than similar doctors

• Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Frenectomy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Loss of Smell and-or Taste
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Oral Cancer
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Eppsteiner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Eppsteiner

Dr. Eppsteiner?
To be honest on my first visit (which was a 2nd opinion) from another doctor within the same practice I was a bit skeptical. With it being within the same practice,I thought of course it was a typical doctor shuffle with just a fee billed to Medicaid/Medicare. I knew nothing about him, and when he first walked in I immediately was taken aback. He looked very young. ( I apologize for that doc.) Long story short I'm so glad I followed through. Even though I'm still suffering from the throat issues Dr. Eppsteiner found things that the first Doctor didn't which, in my opinion should have been caught just from a visual scope exam and endoscopy the first time. Always take the second opinion,and never judge by appearance. With what Dr. Eppsteiner found,at least we now have some answers to my issue,and hopefully begin to rid me of it....somehow. Thanks Dr. Eppsteiner!
Gordon Yell – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner did excellent job on my throat. I had to have surgery on my throat due to being incubated, and had a flat in back of my throat.also I was losing my voice, and had shortness of breath all that was gone,once He did my surgery. I was very happy that he did such a excellent job, he answer all my questions that need to be answered Very Satisfied He gets a five star from me.
Amber Ward – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner has gone out of his way to make my surgery as easy as possible. Pre and post op care has been exceptional. A star on the rise and I was fortunate when I got him as my surgeon .
Mary in Greenfield , MA – Aug 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr Eppsteiner is the best! He makes an immediate connection with his patients. Listens well; asks lots of questions as he works towards his diagnosis and plan for surgical procedure. Everything was explained in clear detail and you felt like he had all the time in the world. Refreshing.. Appointment on time.... Super happy with surgical outcome.
Bob – Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner may have saved my life! I went to see this Dr. when I had a bump in my throat. He took a biopsy of my tonsil and said it may be cancer! So he took a biopsy of my tonsil and called me back in a few days and said it was Negative. However he also said " I Am NOT CONVINCED" He had me come in for another biopsy to get a larger piece of the tonsil. Called me back in a couple of days and said it was POSITIVE! Imagine if he just let me walk after the first one!!! So I started Chemo and Radiation on May 17, 2018. Cancer free thus far. I continue to see Dr. Eppsteiner every four months or so. He is Polite, takes his time with you and extremely confident in his work! I was blessed to have him as my Dr. You can travel the world but not sure you would find anyone better than him. I thank you Dr. Eppsteiner. Todd C. -Springfield, MA
May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner has been seeing my daughter for almost 2 years. She started seeing him at just over a year and she was not talking. His proactive approach allowed us to get tubes in her ears quickly and restore her hearing. She immediately began to talk and closed the development gap. If he waited longer it could have stunted her language development.He has always been incredibly patient and he has a clam demeanor making the visits very smooth. He is a true professional and great with kids!
Marc D. – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Eppsteiner. He did a surgical procedure for my young daughter. He is very gentle and kind, and clearly explains procedures and rationales. Office staff excellent, as well as some surgical nurses. I would highly recommend this doctor.
Amherst – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
A very kind physician who took the time to answer my son's questions and concerns about his procedure, to explain to my son who would be present in the room and his confidence in them and to field questions from the parents. He was patient, we didn't feel rushed, he has a great bedside manner and did an excellent job with my son's tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. We didn't feel pressured into surgery or that this was just some digging for money.
Karen in Amherst, MA – Feb 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Had a tumor removed from behind my left ear. He explained the surgery well and it went great. His post op explanation to my wife was reassuring. Would recommend him highly.
Worthington – Jan 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I had a problem with my salivary gland and was referred to Dr. Eppsteiner. After having pain in my jaw for almost a year, I made an appointment with him. He evaluated me, gave me a steroid injection and my pain is gone. Very good experience. Great professional but friendly manner! Would definitely recommend.
West Springfield, MA – Jul 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
One treatment is all it took to regain my balance & resume my daily activities. I actually feel I gained my life back! When I went to see Dr.Eppsteiner I couldn't get out of bed or couch without assistance. I was afraid to get in the shower or be home alone due to the uncontrollable spinning, dizziness & nausea. I was completely homebound & misserable for nearly two weeks before receiving proper treatment. When I left the office after the treatment, I felt like I've been miraculously healed! TY
Alba in Springfield, Ma – May 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner was extremely knowledgeable and personable. I would highly recommend him. He preformed surgery on our daughter that went extremely well and made a significant difference for her. He took his time in the appointments and made sure to address an questions and concerns that we had. Great doctor!
Springfield, MA – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I had a wonderful first-time surgery experience with Dr. Eppsteiner. He was easy to get an appointment with, listened&took me seriously, & went through all the pros&cons of having a tonsillectomy as an adult. Surgery was scheduled very quickly. I was nervous but everyone was very calming&reassured me that I was in good hands. PostOp went exactly as he said&I have felt 100% better. Would absolutely recommend Dr. Eppsteiner! Very knowledgeable, did a beautiful job,&super sweet and easy to talk to!
Natalie in Greenfield, MA – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr. Eppsteiner is a wonderful physician!! He truly cares about his patient and their family. His professional and personal demenor is excellent. I would refer him to any of my friends and family!! I work in the medical industry and know how stressful it is, he always had a smile on his face and was gracious!!
Allison Kalill in Springfield, MA – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I had the best experience with any doctor ever! After some tests I had to have a Spindle Cell Lipoma removed from the side of my neck. Even though the tumor was small the surgery required a dissection of the nerves in my neck to get to it. The surgery went off without a hitch. Dr. Eppsteiner and his entire team were excellent. I hadn't been in a hospital in 30-plus years. I wasn't nervous at all and knew I was in great hands. Very thankful to have him for my Doctor!
Paul in Chicopee, MA – Mar 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr.eppsteiner is an amazing doctor my 5 year felt comfortable with him and was never scared her surgery was a success with no complications and very minimal pain durning healing everything that I hoped would be accomplished was she's a healthy happy little girl and I can not thank Dr.eppsteiner enough for how wonderful he was with my daughter.
Melissa in Chicopee – Mar 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I could not breath out if my nose for years. Dr.Eppsteiner suggested that I have surgery to repair the problem. He went into,detail of what he would do. On the day of surgery he came to see me before and went over everything again with me and my boyfriend. He made sure neither one of us had questions. When he was finished he went and talked to my boyfriend and let him know how everything went. When I went back for my postop appointment he made me feel very comfortable. I trust him recommend him.
Tina Perry in springfield, MA – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Dr Eppsteiner is professional and explained every detail about my surgery to me. I understood the procedure and was confident he would provide me with excellent care. As a Dr. I would recommend him, he was excellent. My only drawback on the service was the wait time from diagnoses that surgery was needed to date of surgery (over 2 months). The communication with the office staff was difficult to outright bad. At one point it took them 1 week to get back to me.
Wilbraham, MA – Feb 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Eppsteiner to others because the care I had from him and his staff was excellent.
Paul Varandas in Ludlow, Ma. – Jan 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?
Incredible doctor, very friendly and personable. I went in for a tonsillectomy, he's very cut and dry in explanation of procedure, and also pre and post-op precautions and instructions, so there's no mistaking how your recovery will go and no doubt about what to expect. From the day of the surgery to the last days of any discernible pain, a very smooth transition with zero complications or setbacks. Dr. Eppsteiner did a bang up job, and has absolutely earned a recommendation for life.
Shane in Springfield, MA – Dec 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Eppsteiner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Eppsteiner?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

2013