Dr. Robert Ennis, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismMaleAge 46

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Robert Ennis, MD is an Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Meridian, ID and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ennis has extensive experience in Thyroid Disorders. He graduated from University of Tennessee / Memphis / College of Medicine & Surgery in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and St. Luke's Boise Medical Center. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Robert Ennis, MD

Ennis Endocrinology Clinic

2450 E Gala St Ste 100 Meridian, ID 83642

• Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Idaho

Frequently Treated by Dr. Ennis

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Ennis treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Ennis treats other conditions, please contact the office at (208) 908-4541.

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Ennis is experienced in the area of Thyroid Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

• Biopsy
  • Bone Density Scan
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • VAP Lipid Testing
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Water Deprivation Test

Dr. Ennis accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Ennis has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(208) 908-4541Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Ennis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ennis

3.2

Must be a different office
I’ve been seeing Dr Ennis for parathyroid problem. Found him knowledgeable and his staff is on top of everything. Don’t understand a lot of negative staff comments. Staff has called back promptly when message left on voice mail. Yes, his office is busy but never waited longer than 15 minutes after arrival.
J Truschel – Dec 09, 2022
Front Iffice is TERRIBLE
Like the doctor, but dealing with the front office is aHUGE pain. Ive been coming here 3+ years and trying to get the simplest of questions asked by the front desk is ludicrous. They have only answered the phone once. I almost always get a voicemail and then they’ll call back when i’m busy and the train wreck continues. Just answer the phone and provide some customer service. So aggravating.
phil – Jan 31, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Dr Ennis is an extremely intelligent, compassionate & through Dr who truly cares about his patients! I have been under his care for several years now for a thyroid disorder, and he has always been very attentive & responsive to try and help me be my best health through the entire ordeal. He is probably the most intelligent Dr I have met with & the Boise area is extremely fortunate to have him as an option. I would highly recommend him!
Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Tried calling to make an appt. When the receptionist couldn't answer a single question I had, I proceeded to ask her if she was even able to help me for something that was needing to be taken care of and it seemed that she didn't know what she was doing. She got very aggressive with me then proceeded to hang up on me. Called back and a new receptionist answered, she too couldn't answer the most basic of questions about scheduling an appt. Dr. Ennis may want to ensure the people he hires aren't morons bc this clearly seems to be the case! Go elsewhere bc these people clearly don't know what they are doing!
Cayle Johnson – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Everyone was very nice,friendly and very professional and Dr Ennis made us feel very comfortable
Sheryl Nation – Mar 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
In the beginning I liked him a lot. After working with me on my A1C control, he was satisfied and told me I was clear to go ahead and have a procedure to have a baby. When my RE called him to confirm, he back tracked and said no he wasn’t satisfied. I was devastated and this was the last straw in a series of unfortunate events that led to attempted suicide. Fast forward 4 years and I ended up seeing him instead of his PA and he used that visit to remind me who was boss! No intention of helping me or listening to my concerns. He merely wanted me to know that he knew I had mentioned our last meeting to my other providers and had to have the last word. Essentially blamed my insulin resistance/pcos( Ive had since I was 9 and weighed 56 lbs) /diabetes on me and left the room.
Feb 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Dr Ennis is a caring doctor. He honestly cares about his patients and does his best to help them. He helped me with a blood pressure issue that my own doctor (Knorpp) wanted to wait a month before he would see me for treatment.
Ernesto DeArmas – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Dr. Ennis was polite and professional. At no time did I feel rushed during our visit. I asked as many questions as I wanted and Dr. Ennis answered each one sincerely. He explained everything throughly so it was easy to understand. He listened and considered my personal preferences on treatment as well as provided his suggestions. I did not feel pressured in any way. All of the staff I interacted with were polite and professional. This visit exceeded my expectations!
Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
I have been going there for 2 years. Paid every bill on time except for the last one. I ran out of my diabetic meds and called the office 4 times with no response. The dr would refill my diabetic meds and I just got a call from an agency saying because I paid my bill late they dropped me as a patient without any communication what so ever. I’m out of meds and now have to find a new dr. HORRIBLE TREAMENT. How can you refuse a patient their medication without zero conversation!!
Christine Thomas – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Dr. Ennis takes the time to explain the diagnosis and prognosis with me.
Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Dr. Ennis has proven himself to be thorough, professional, and timely. He demonstrates a complete understanding of my medical history and covers all relevant issues at appointments. I'm very pleased with the care I've received from him and his staff, and highly recommend him as an Endocrinologist.
Bob B. – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
I learned his nurse no longer works there. She always had everything I needed at her finger tips. It was rare to go to a doctors visit and talk about life with a nurse. It was always like catching up with an old friend. She remembered everything. She always gave me such great advice. I never thanked her or told her how amazing I thought she was. I will continue being a patient here despite. Dr Ennis has always been great. Great office overall.
Jess in Boise , ID – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Only concerned about making money. Rejected me as a patient when I could not afford to pay for my labs and had to reschedule. It was unbelievable! Customer service is terrible, communication skills are like talking to an unruly teenager where they talk back and are disrespectful. Dr. Ennis talks to me like I have never had the disease, and after 40 years cannot provide any new treatment ideas or regulatory advice. Demeaning and a 'know it all'. Very disappointed.
Meridian , ID – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Very unhappy with their service. I have diabetes and I have had the most horrendous time getting my medications and supplies filled. I would definitely go somewhere else if my insurance would cover it. Terribly unhappy and frustrated.
  • Long wait times
Karen in ID – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
I gave Dr. Ennis a 5-star rating (Maggie H. in Caldwell, ID – Apr 02, 2017). Today I received an email from Healthgrades: review was voted as most helpful multiple times. That led me to re-read that review. I was never going to give him a poor review, but it appears communications have gotten worse. 12/1/17 I tried to share ways to solve the problems per Felicia's (nurse?) request, and Dr. Ennis got very angry and told me to get new MD. I did. I am sad.
Maggie H. in CALDWELL, ID – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
I don’t understand how his office changed so much in the last few months. Customer service is TERRIBLE. I’ve been a patient for 3+ plus years and I myself dont think I’ll be returning. I waited over 25 minuets for a lab draw, had medications issues that still haven’t been taken care of.
Boise, ID – Oct 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Dr Ennis is a wonderful and intelligent doctor. He's easy to talk to and really understands his specialty. His office is a mess! I have been his patient for 5 years and I'm looking at other places to go. I have never had someone answer the phone. Email is sketchy and there is always new and uneducated office staff. I played phone tag with the office for 6 months while pregnant. I've had bills show up 10 months after a visit having not gone through insurance. Don't waste your tim with this office
Meridian, ID – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
I had a recent appointment and as usual there were new staff members. I was placed in front of two different staff members who were virtually clueless. His main nurse no longer works there. She was one of reasons I stuck around as a patient! She was on top of my health and I never had problems. Now it’s the blame game. “Wasn’t me you spoke to” I hate to do this to such a good Endo doc but staff sucks so bad! Moving on!
Moving on! – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
At first he was a nice guy. As time went by I noticed that he appeared angry if I asked questions or had concerns about side effects of medications. The five years he was treating my T1 diabetes there was no improvement. He wasn't submitting prescriptions and required paperwork for my diabetes supplies. He didn't go over the data from my insulin pump with me. The visit wasn't more than 15 minutes. He said atenolol doesn't mask symptoms of too much thyroid medication. IT DOES!
  • Long wait times
GiGi R – Aug 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?
Dr. Ennis seems to be a good endocrinologist. He is helping me. However, his office is IMPOSSIBLE to get through to. Plus if you leave a message, which is what you have to do to get through to anyone, you don't get a response for a week +. If you need to make an appointment, good luck.... if you need to call about lab results, good luck! RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Get a better office manager so you can support your patients better.
Happy with care, unhappy with office – Jun 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Ennis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ennis?