Dr. Robert L. Duhaney, MD

Dr. Robert L. Duhaney, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 38 years old

As a general internist, I see patients 16 and older. My practice covers a wide range of healthcare needs from colds and flu, physicals, well woman exams, men's health, to chronic disease management. The Questcare team and I want to get to know you, discuss your health concerns, and help you make informed health decisions. We can often provide same day or next day appointments and are typically accessible between visits by phone or online patient portal/email. We recently teamed up with ZocDoc to facilitate making online appointments - just one way we hope we can keep making things better!Read more

Personal Bio

Dear Patient, If you have not had the pleasure of meeting our new clinic's physician, I am pleased to introduce...Read more

Dr. Duhaney's Experience

See how Dr. Duhaney's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Duhaney

Dr. Duhaney accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Duhaney has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Duhaney
Dr. Duhaney's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (31)
Dr. Duhaney Says:

Thank you to our loyal patients and welcome to prospective ones! I appreciate your feedback and support. With an all new clinic starting in the summer of 2016, it is my hope to keep providing you with great care and service. Please feel free to contact my staff or myself if any issues should arise and we'll work with you to make things right.

Take care

Dr.D.

in Dallas, TX |
I found Dr. Duhaney to be very caring and interested in my concerns. He is a very smart and compassionate doctor who listens and he is very responsive to my needs. He's fantastic!
in Allen, TX |
Dr Duhaney is an excellent listener. Very Attentive to my concerns and needs. Patient Friendly and Pro-Patient Care. Treated me individually (no box treatment). Extremely Knowledge with appearing overbearing. One of the best experience I have had with a physician in a long time. One that actually cares about my well being and not pushing pills or clocking patient numbers.
in Carrollton, TX |
He is a excellent Doctor,who,takes the time to answer all of your questions and concerns. So when you walk out of his office, you are completely satisfied and you have a better understanding as to what is happening with your body.Also,his staff makes you feel at ease when you come in.My husband and I,truly feel that we have the best Doctor,ever !!!
in Aubrey, TX |
My experiences with Dr. Duhaney has been amazing and life changing. I would totally recommend him to all my family and friends. Dr Duhaney is very professional and knowledgeable with a great personality.
in Dallas, TX |
I have seen Dr. Duhaney 4 times. The entire office staff is incompetent. They have billed me twice for one visit. I proved it with my bank statement, and they did nothing. Six times, they have called in the wrong prescriptions for my daily meds. Six times. I have spent hours on the phone with them, and they still don't get it right. Dr. Duhaney is aware of this and does nothing to improve. Other patients have had the same problems.If you value your health, stay away from this office.
Have you seen Dr. Robert L. Duhaney, MD?
Are you Dr. Duhaney?

Compare Dr. Duhaney

Dear Patient,

If you have not had the pleasure of meeting our new clinic's physician, I am pleased to introduce you to Robert L. Duhaney, M.D. He is a hard-working, warm, thoughtful board-certified internist with admitting privileges at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Plano, and soon the Medical Center of Plano. Over the last 8 years, he has formed many great relationships with specialists in the area where he and his new team can help to facilitate access to the best in care coordination. We are grateful to have him with us!

Whether you are healthy or chronically ill, have an acute problem or a complex case, Dr. Duhaney and our team are proud to offer comprehensive health care for patients ages 16 and older.  He has special interests in nutrition, weight management, seasonal allergies diabetes, cardiovascular care, and general preventative medicine. He has partnered with his pulmonary colleagues to provide on site chest x-rays, pulmonary function tests, and referral for sleep studies.

Dr. Duhaney completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Florida (UF) in 1999, followed by a two-year research-based master's program in food science and human nutrition at UF. He graduated from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia in 2005 and completed his internal medicine residency training at the well-respected Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore.

Thinking back, he says it has been quite a journey for him since stepping into practice after graduating from his residency in 2008. To start his career, Dr. Duhaney accepted a wonderful position with two highly-skilled internists affiliated with Texas Health Resources (THR) and made the move to the Lake Highlands area of Dallas.

As he and his wife Kelli continued to grow their family (they have 2 sons and 1 daughter), they moved again to North Dallas to be closer to friends they had made at the vibrant church they started to call home, Watermark Community Church.

In 2013, a THR clinic in Addison was in need of a primary care physician to continue the tradition of caring for patients in the area started by the founding family physician many years prior and Dr. Duhaney was honored to accept that next challenge. He grew the clinic into a Medicare certified Patient Centered Medical Home with the help of his support staff. His office was annually nominated as one of the best primary care clinics in Addison.

In addition to his usual clinic duties, Dr. Duhaney started volunteering with a group called Questcare at their charity clinic several years ago, providing medical care to the underserved.  Then by March 2016, he graciously accepted his newest opportunity to work with us at Questcare Medical Clinic in Plano (QCP) and started with us in early July.  Our office space was totally redesigned, is accepting many of the same insurances as he did before, and plans to be one of the best primary care clinics in Plano. It's part of out motto of making things better.

Dr. Duhaney and the staff feel that the doctor-patient relationship is best viewed as a respectful partnership which includes compassionate care, excellent diagnostic skills and a great office experience. He continues to build on his knowledge and experience and enjoys the relationships he builds with his patients over time. His patients describe him as a great listener and a true partner in their care. Since he feels that medicine is a calling for him, he sees himself as a helper in the overall healing process acknowledging God's hand as the ultimate healer.

We are welcoming new and existing patients to our beautiful new clinic. Feel free to call us or book appointments online and we'll see you in Plano! Visit our Questcare Medical Clinic webpage fore more information.

Sincerely,

QCP Staff

Dr. Duhaney's Care Philosophy

Dr. Duhaney says...

Chronic health conditions including diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol.

Preventative medicine.

Nutrition and weight loss.

Thyroid disease, mild kidney issues, IBS

Men's health including testosterone

Women's health

Mild psychiatric issues (Anxiety, depression, adult ADHD)

Acute illness (colds, flus, UTIs, strep throat)

We have an extensive list of specialists we rely on when advanced expertise is needed.

We are compassionate with our chronic pain patients and we will work with them to secure appropriate pain specialists to help with their treatment.

Skin tag removals

Skin/mole biopsies and removals

Incision and drainage procedures of infected boil/cysts

Wart freezing

Trigger point injections

Shoulder, knee, and hip injections (Kenalog-steroid/lidocaine)

We often ask patients to come in on dedicated visits for these procedures for the most efficient service.

Take care

Dr.D.

Dr. Duhaney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Duhaney's Board Certifications

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Depression
  • Edema
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Heart Disease

Completed in 2008

University Of Florida

Graduated in 1999

• Other Education
    University Of Florida-Graduate School (Masters In Nutrition)

Completed in 2001

Dr. Duhaney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duhaney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Coumadin® Management
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Vaccination
  • Weight Loss Management

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.