Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Robert Duhaney, MD
Dear Patient, If you have not had the pleasure of meeting our clinic's physician, I am pleased to introduce you to Robert L. Duhaney, M.D. He is a hard-working, warm, thoughtful board-certified internist with admitting privileges at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Plano, and now Medical City Plano. Over the last 9 years, he has formed many great relationships with specialists in the area where he and his new team can help to facilitate access to the best in care coordination. Whether you are healthy or chronically ill, have an acute problem or a complex case, Dr. Duhaney and our team are proud to offer comprehensive health care for patients ages 18 and older. He has special interests in nutrition, weight management, seasonal allergies, diabetes, cardiovascular care, and general preventative medicine. He has partnered with his pulmonary colleagues to provide pulmonary function tests, and referral for sleep studies. Dr. Duhaney completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Florida (UF) in 1999, followed by a two-year research-based master's program in food science and human nutrition at UF. He graduated from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia in 2005 and completed his rigorous internal medicine residency training at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore. Thinking back, he says it has been quite a journey for him since stepping into practice after graduating from his residency in 2008. To start his career, Dr. Duhaney accepted a wonderful position with two highly-skilled internists affiliated with Texas Health Resources (THR) and made the move to the Lake Highlands area of Dallas. As he and his wife Kelli continued to grow their family (they have 2 sons and 1 daughter), they moved again to North Dallas to be closer to friends they had made at the vibrant church they started to call home, Watermark Community Church. In 2013, a THR clinic in Addison was in need of a primary care physician to continue the tradition of caring for patients in the area started by the founding family physician many years prior. Dr. Duhaney was honored to accept that next challenge. He grew the clinic into a Medicare certified Patient Centered Medical Home with the help of his support staff. His office was annually nominated as one of the best primary care clinics in Addison. In addition to his usual clinic duties, Dr. Duhaney started volunteering at Questcare's charity clinic (which is partnered with Watermark) several years ago, providing medical care to the underserved. Then he graciously accepted his newest opportunity to work with us at Questcare Medical Clinic in Plano (QCP) and started with us in early July 2016. Our office space was totally redesigned, is accepting many of the same insurances as he did before, and plans to be one of the best primary care clinics in Plano. It's part of out motto of making things better. We are already looking for new nearby office space due to our growth - thank you Plano! Dr. Duhaney and the staff feel that the doctor-patient relationship is best viewed as a respectful partnership which includes compassionate care, excellent diagnostic skills and a great office experience. He continues to build on his knowledge and experience and enjoys the relationships he builds with his patients over time. His patients describe him as a great listener and a true partner in their care. Since he feels that medicine is a calling for him, he sees himself as a helper in the overall healing process acknowledging God's hand as the ultimate healer. We are welcoming new and former patients to our beautiful new clinic. Feel free to call us or book appointments online and we'll see you in Plano! We welcome your feedback on your experience as well. Visit our Questcare Medical Clinic webpage for more information. Sincerely, QCP Staff

1708 Coit Rd Ste 230

Plano, TX 75075

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Duhaney

As a general internist, I see patients 18 and older. My practice covers a wide range of healthcare needs from colds and flu, physicals, well woman exams, men's health, to chronic disease management. We look to offer BioTE (hormone replacement) and allergy testing soon.

The Questcare team and I want to get to know you, discuss your health concerns, and help you make informed health decisions. We can often provide same day or next day appointments thanks to Mamta Sigdel, our nurse practitioner, who assists me in Tuesdays/Thursdays with appointments.

Given the great community support we have we are considering a nearby office space to expand to!

We have a secure portal to communicate with patients and can allow blood test results to be viewable. We have an after hours answering service as well.

We have teamed up with ZocDoc to facilitate making appointments via online or smartphone app - easy scheduling is just one way we hope we can keep making things better!

Dr. Duhaney's Experience

Dr. Duhaney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Depression
  • Edema
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Heart Disease

• Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University of Florida-Graduate School (Masters in Nutrition)
    Other Education | Completed 2001

Dr. Duhaney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duhaney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Duhaney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duhaney to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Duhaney Says:

Thank you to our loyal patients and welcome to prospective ones! I appreciate your feedback and support. With an all new clinic starting in the summer of 2016, it is my hope to keep providing you with great care and service. Please feel free to contact my staff or myself if any issues should arise and we'll work with you to make things right.

Take care

Dr.D.

Dr. Duhaney's Performance
in Plano, TX |
Wow. Such a great experience. I had a sudden muscle injury that landed me in the ER overnight. I did not have an effective/positive experience at the ER, for someone who rarely goes to any type of Doctor I quite didn't know what to expect. I did not feel listened to or treated appropriately, but the best thing they did for me was refer me to Dr. Duhaney and his team. The utmost caring, compassionate people when your not feeling your 100% best. Dr. Duhaney's and his NP Mamta were world class!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Duhaney is a competent, caring physician,, Unfortunately, his staff is less than professional. I have seen him for several years. this is his third location which is less convenient. The front office staff receptionist is rude. The portal system is pathetic.
JR thank you for your feedback. I will address your insight with our office manager. I agree the portal can be bulky! However, we are always refining the experience. Feel free to contact us at the office with more information. Best, Dr.D.
in Dallas, TX |
I found Dr. Duhaney to be very caring and interested in my concerns. He is a very smart and compassionate doctor who listens and he is very responsive to my needs. He's fantastic!
in Allen, TX |
Dr Duhaney is an excellent listener. Very Attentive to my concerns and needs. Patient Friendly and Pro-Patient Care. Treated me individually (no box treatment). Extremely Knowledge with appearing overbearing. One of the best experience I have had with a physician in a long time. One that actually cares about my well being and not pushing pills or clocking patient numbers.
in Carrollton, TX |
He is a excellent Doctor,who,takes the time to answer all of your questions and concerns. So when you walk out of his office, you are completely satisfied and you have a better understanding as to what is happening with your body.Also,his staff makes you feel at ease when you come in.My husband and I,truly feel that we have the best Doctor,ever !!!
Veronica, thank you for your support! Dr.D.
in Aubrey, TX |
My experiences with Dr. Duhaney has been amazing and life changing. I would totally recommend him to all my family and friends. Dr Duhaney is very professional and knowledgeable with a great personality.
in Dallas, TX |
I have seen Dr. Duhaney 4 times. The entire office staff is incompetent. They have billed me twice for one visit. I proved it with my bank statement, and they did nothing. Six times, they have called in the wrong prescriptions for my daily meds. Six times. I have spent hours on the phone with them, and they still don't get it right. Dr. Duhaney is aware of this and does nothing to improve. Other patients have had the same problems.If you value your health, stay away from this office.
Sandy, I am sorry to hear that. I have now moved to a new office (to Plano) and have taken your comments into consideration to help train my current staff. Dr.D.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Duhaney, MD?

Visit Dr. Duhaney

Dr. Duhaney accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • AARP
    UnitedHealthcare MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Value - Medicare Advantage HMO
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    UMR