Dr. Robert Donoway, MD

Dr. Robert Donoway, MD

Surgical Oncology  |
Dr. Robert Donoway, MD is a surgical oncology doctor who practices in Hollywood, FL. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

4000 Hollywood Blvd Ste 160N

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed

Learn about Dr. Donoway

See how frequently Dr. Donoway performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
Melanoma

Dr. Donoway's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Donoway "It is our desire to build the practice, which is limited entirely to the management of cancer. It is our feeling that the optimal management of cancer is by treating it one case at a time. It is through the dedicated interest directed to each individual case, along with the appropriate long-term follow up, that will provide patients with the greatest degree of assurance that their disease has been managed appropriately and best possible outcomes are achieved."

• Surgical Oncology
  • Breast Surgery
  • Breast Surgical Oncology
  • Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • Complex General Surgical Oncology
  • Hepatology
  • Surgery

Dr. Donoway does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adrenal Gland Cancer
  • Gallbladder Cancer
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Hepatobiliary Cancer
  • Hepatocellular Cancer
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Kaposi's Sarcoma
  • Liver Cancer
  • Lobular Carcinoma in Situ (LCIS)
  • Mediastinal Tumors, Malignant
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Purpura

• Cryosurgery
  • Distal Pancreatectomy
  • Embolization of Tumor
  • Endocrine Surgical Procedure
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Bile Duct Tumor
  • Pancreatic Surgery
  • Parathyroid Surgery
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Parenteral Nutrition
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Percutaneous Procedures

Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Meml Sloan Kettering
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Donoway has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Donoway has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Donoway does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Donoway and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Donoway's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Donoway to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Donoway Says:

This is Dr. Donoway responding to the 05/11/16 review

We remember things differently. We do not discuss other patient's private medical information with family members without permission. A patient's information is not automatically shared with a parent unless the patient is a minor. We also do not schedule patients who curse on the phone and are abusive to staff. Kathryn, our office...

Dr. Donoway's Performance
dr donoway is rhe most caring loving Dr I have ever met, He takes his time with every patient and is so skilled in his surgerys, no matter when I need him he answers me, He did surgery on my husband that no one else would do and my husband is cancer free, his secretary kathryn is fabulous caring and goes beyond what she is suppose to do
my experience with dr donoway was second to none..his knowledge and expertise is top notch..i would highly recommend him to anyone with cancer..9 months after my surgery i feel and look great..
Dr. Donoway and staff made my overall patient experience incredible. He took a great deal of time explaining my condition and reviewed all available options to best manage my care. His attention to detail was very comforting. I would recommend Dr. Donoway for all of my family members and friends dealing with any complicated health issues.
Dr Donoway treats his patients with respect and always has a pleasant attitude, I speak highly of him to all my family and friends,,when I was diagnosed with my breast cancer, I knew I had to be under his care, I trust him, My family also met him and thinks he is a nice doctor. I won't hesitate to refer him and his staff to my family and friends. I'm glad he dis my surgery,,and my folllow up visits with him..i look forward to,
From the beginning I have felt very positive in the hands of Dr. Donoway and his staff. Throughout the entire process my family and I have been well informed. While a difficult time for my family the treatment and experience has exceeded our expectations.
Amazing Doctor Amazing Staff
St Petersburg, FL |
It's absolutely disgraceful that a doctor with so many achievements and such high recommendations from other healthcare professionals,has such poor front office management . I have seen doctor 3 times - great guy!But humiliated and belittled by Katherine who claimed I was yelling at her which is absolute lie . I was upset by her unwillingness to help. I was upset but by NO means abusive . Dr Donoway if you are reading this, at very least she owes is apology to people in the waiting room!disgrace
in Plantation, FL |
My dermo Dr. Altman, referred me after a mole came back malignant melanoma. Kathryn, the office manager, got me in quickly to see him because she could tell I was nervous on the phone. Dr. Donoway explained everything in great detail to me. I just had my surgery for incision of the primary area and sentinel lymph node biopsy. I got nervous right before the surgery and Dr. Donoway explained everything again to me & my family. I have been treated with empathy and concern by the doc & staff!
in PEMBROKE PINES |
Dr.Donoway is part of a team of doctors that I feel saved my life for this I will be forever grateful .
in Miami Gardens, FL |
I have several friends that are living proof that he is the best! They are Cancer Free as a direct result of Dr. Donoway and his staff. The entire staff works together and understands what is needed to be done for a new patient to help them to kick cancer!! I highly recommend anyone that has been diagnosed with breast cancer to reach out to one of the most knowledgeable and compassionate doctors I have ever had the privilege to meet. Five stars is not enough for this doctor he is a 10.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I didn't even get the chance to meet this very referred Dr. Because his RUDE and VERY CONDESENTING (office manager) that she claimed she was KATHERINE would barely let me get a word in. She continuously spoke over me in NOT A CARING tone & seemed most annoyed at everything I had to say. She refused to put someone else on the phone & hung up on me. I called back several times and she told me to go somewhere else!! Completely not what I expected as a first impression to this office. DISGUSTED!!
in Miami, FL |
The doctor is great! Katherine, the front desk however- is EXTREMELY rude.
in Davie, FL |
Dr. Donoway was courteous and presented good bedside manners. The consultation lasted 10minutes but the wait to see him was over 2 hours! The receptionist is vulgar and rude. They over schedule so that the waiting room is packed and the wait time is unavceptable.
in Miami |
He and his staff are amazing. They work in partnership and get things done right. Before you come in or leave the office all your needs and paperwork or done and sent to everyone needed. Dr. Donaway will tell you how things are and won't candy coat. Which is extremely important when dealing with cancer. He knows everything with accuracy and gives you your options and lets you decide your decision and respect it fully. His assistant Kathryn is extremely detailed and is just plain amazing!
Boca Raton, FL |
I could not believe how long it took to get the appointment, I was told he was doing a lot of traveling, then finally when I arrive the office is jammed packed. I sat there for 3 hours which I think is unacceptable either don't see so many patients in one day or make yourself available more days from start to finish almost a whole day with travel time, and the office is not that much of a friendly place to be while waiting, so it makes the experience and wait worse.
in Pembroke Pines |
Great doctor. Knows his expertise and great people skills. However, if you don't mind waiting half a daythan by all means go to this doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Donoway, MD?
Are you Dr. Donoway?