Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Defalco, DO
Dr. Robert A. DeFalco, Jr. is an orthopedic surgeon with The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey. Board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Dr. DeFalco has expertise in: Arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder Articular cartilage transplants Ligament reconstruction Meniscal repair Orthopedic sports medicine Additionally, over the past several years, Dr. DeFalco has attended the National Football League's Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, IN with the Philadelphia Eagles and performs physical examinations on potential draft picks for the team. Prior to joining The Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey, Dr. DeFalco served on the medical staff for the Philadelphia Eagles, and hockey teams the Phantoms and Flyers. He also served on the medical staff for Drexel University. He completed a fellowship in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)—Kennedy Health System. Dr. DeFalco received his medical degree from the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in Biddeford, ME and his undergraduate degree at the University of Maryland in College Park, MD. He is a member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Osteopathic Association. He has also lectured at national meetings and is published in peer reviewed journals.

108 Bilby Rd Ste 201

• Keystone Health Plan East
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Defalco

See how frequently Dr. Defalco performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Bone Disorders
Knee Dislocation
high

Dr. Defalco's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Knee Surgery

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Ataxia
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Internal Derangement of Knee

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Cartilage Treatment
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Trigger Finger Release

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Kennedy Memorial Hospital

Dr. Defalco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Defalco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Defalco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Defalco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Defalco to family and friends
Dr. Defalco's Performance
in Boonton, NJ |
Excellent Doctor- explains everything and listen to what you say! Been there twice for both shoulders and was able to help me without surgery!
in Hackettstown, NJ 07840 |
Dr. Defalco and his staff from office (Marisol) to surgical assistances (Diane & Vicky) are very professional, knowledgeable of their tasks, display a caring and helping attitude and make your experience as simple and comforting as possible. Dr. Defalco's put you at ease and takes his time to access the situation. Dr. Defalco covers all the bases from diagnostics to real time prior experiences/education to provide expert decisions. His Surgical Techniques are beyond reproach. Outstanding!!!
in Sussex, NJ |
This was my 3rd repair (both shoulders and one knee) with Dr. DeFalco. The results have been very good all three times. Clearly when you go to the same surgeon for 3 surgeries, you're pretty happy with the results.
in Andover, NJ |
Dr Defalco is knowledgeable and personable,never rushing me through my visits. He answers all my questions and really LISTENS. He has done arthroscopic surgery on my knee and treated It with Lu bricants. I have had many years with minimal revisits. It appears i will be needing a knee replacement and Dr Defalco has given me some guidance in figuring out what is best for me. I highly recommend him for his skill ,knowledge,caring and informative easy to understand explanations
in Morris Plains, NJ |
Dr. Defalco took his time in understanding my concerns and issues. Very thorough in explaining his findings. Provided appropriate recommendations on therapy and course of action allowing my issue to be corrected. I highly recommend Dr. Defalco.
in sparta, nj |
great guy. appointment right away. very helpful feel much better.
in Succasunna, NJ |
Dr. DeFalco is excellent he was able to diagnosis my torn ACL when another orthopedic surgeon at a different practice misdiagnosed my knee 2 years ago. Dr. DeFalco replaced my ACL 5 months ago and my knee feels great! Dr. DeFalco is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain your diagnosis and all of your options. His staff is great from scheduling, billing, and disability help.
in Sparta, NJ |
Dr Defalco is excellent. He has fixed me multiple times. Not only are his surgical skills impressive, but his bed side manner is fantastic. I have recommended him to family and friends. Also, he has multiple offices close to my home and work. Thank you Doc. Defalco for everything.
in Newton, NJ |
Dr De Falco one of the best !!! right shoulder surgery three years ago to avoid a replacement no problems at all, Just had my left shoulder done in 11/16 and recouping fine
in Sparta, NJ |
I was referred to Dr. Defalco by a family friend who also happens to be a Doctor. Dr. Defalco is outstanding. Prompt, professional and personable. He was able to diagnosis my medical issue and get me headed back to good health. He was able to answer all my questions and was very helpful explaining everything. The office staff was very friendly and helpful. Kelly at the front desk was always a pleasure to work with. Rose, not sure her title, was great as well. Very friendly and attentive.
in Netcong N.J. |
This is the second time I seen Dr. Defalco. First time was about 6-7 years age for a elbow problem. This time I had a problem with my knee and wanted to see him again. I was very pleased both times.
in Milford, PA |
Excellent care
in Forked River |
Dr. Robert DeFalco promised me I was not a candidate for knee replacement. He performed meniscus cleanup surgery on my arthritic knee. Nine months of physical therapy and lubricating injections provided nothing but continued pain. He left my knee bone on bone. When I informed Dr. DeFalco of the continued problem he suggested a knee replacement. Needless to say I went to another doctor at the hospital for special surgery in New York and was told I should never have had meniscus surgery.
in Westfield Nj |
Dr. DeFalco was very helpful in finding what was wrong with my knee. Took him only a couple visits and a few different test to come up with pin pointing the pain in my knee. I've seen many doctors over the last few years and none treated me as well/better than Dr. Defalco and his staff did. Dr. DeFalco operated on my knee and within 3 months i was back to work with zero pain!
in Hackettstown |
business like, friendly, informative. Action oriented. Good.
in Sparta, NJ |
ACL surgery....Great surgeon to have for a knee injury repair!
in Sparta, NJ |
Dr DeFalco is very professional and let's you know exactly what you need to do to get the most pain free relief from a knee that has arthritis without resorting to a knee replacement surgery.
Dover, NJ |
This survey is regarding a phone call NOT the office visit, the staff in the office visit was wonderful.
in Flanders, NJ |
I was very happy to find Dr. DeFalco was not aggressive in turning to surgery for a 100% broken clavicle. He is sweet and speaks in layman's terms. Very explicit. (Lighten up. Too serious ??)
in Hackettstown, NJ |
Very professional, caring, and willing to take time with you to answer any questions
in Oxford, NJ |
Before I see Dr. De Falco I check in with the desk staff and they are quick, warm, friendly and professional. It is a joy to step into this office. When I am called into the treatment room the Doctor's nurses are cheerful showing me that they enjoy employment in this office. They are also fully familiar with my chart; my meds & history with the Doctor. Dr.De Falco comes in, is friendly and professional and he even remembers my knee surgery from over ten years ago. He knows his stuff.
in Budd Lake, NJ |
Dr, Defalco was very professional from the first visit.And even better after my shoulder surgery.The Doctor and the rest of the staff are great.
in Newton, NJ |
Kept me well informed, explained things so I could understand what was going to happen. He made me feel comfortable (as comfortable you can be) about having surgery. Highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Defalco, DO?
Are you Dr. Defalco?