Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Dasilva

Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Columbia, SC and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Medical University Of South Carolina in 1984 and specializes in sports medicine, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Dasilva accepts

Dr. Dasilva accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

2.9

Dr. Dasilva?
Dr. Dasilva's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD
Thirty days ago the pain in my right knee was getting more than I could stand. Dr DaSilva’s treatment plan is a huge sucess. The pain is gone, I sleep all night now and walking is not a challenge anymore. Squatting and getting back up is about 85% back to normal. Dr DaSilva is the greatest. I am so pleased my primary care physician recommended Dr DaSilva.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
i would recommend Dr. Dasilva to anyone that requires knee replacement surgery. He answered all of my questions before and after the surgery. Keep in mind, if knee replacement surgery is required, you must be willing to work really hard to get back to normal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Doc DaSilva handled my arthritic knee with patience and understanding. When it was finally time for a total knee replacement, he did a great job. Very little pain, and his support staff (Mandy, Laurie, and the entire team at the surgical center) were / are outstanding! One week post op and they called to see if all was ok. Doc DaSilva and Midlands Ortho & Neuro, a great place!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Horrible. Had meniscus surgery in July. He said that my bones looked fine, after MRI, said I had big tear lateral, smaller tear medial. Said , no problem, I’d be up and around in no time. I trusted him. At follow up, I complained aft swelling, and limping. He said, “well, we talked about your arthritis “. No, he never mentioned it. After 2 rounds of PT, I still have swelling. I walk with an obvious limp. Do not go to him. You get maybe 2 minutes with him, he’s on to the next patient. Gail Sapp
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Dr. DaSilva is rushed, rude, inattentive, and uncaring. He is in a hurry and clearly not interested in patient care. Misdiagnosed my son's ACL avulsion fracture after being given the diagnosis and xrays from ER. Treated for 3 months with repeat xrays in which he then released us despite NO HEALING evident in xrays. Son has since had 2 surgeries and lost his entire high school varsity experience due to DaSilva's "practice of medicine." The BME needs to look at this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
I left a review this morning, Nov 30, 2018. Since that time, I have found out that the reason the appointment went the way it did was because for some reason he thought I was there as a follow-up for last years ankle sprain. I am so relieved as I like him a lot. He was wonderful last year when I did have the sprain. So when I had the pain in the top of my foot I called and requested to see him. He truly has been a good doctor. I have no complaints.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Horrible, would do a ZERO if possible. He took over for other doc, told me my MRI doesn't matter, the torn meniscus doesn't matter, the bone spurs don't matter. I'm a BIG GIRL and arthritis is ALL that's wrong. Loose weight, cause u too heavy, take these euflexxa shots, your knee will be 100%. Spent less than 3 min w me giving shot, told me NO SIDE EFFECTS, MORE LIES, called in wc nurse, 3 more min, then gone. I hurt all over, knee swollen more, I spent last 3 days in tears.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
I just left Dr. Dasilva's office. He treated me for an arthritic knee 1 month ago, so this was a follow up visit. Very little pain for the last month, so I'd say his treatment was quite effective. Ten years ago, Dr Dasilva corrected torn menisci in my right knee. I came to him after suffering under a Quack for 3 months. Not only was menisci torn (both sides), but the underside of the patella was shredded. A lesser doctor might have missed that, and left me in pain. Dr Dasliva ROCKS!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Went in for an appointment following an MRI that revealed a mild disc herniation and stenosis at my L5-S1 which has seriously impeded my mobility and left me in debilitating pain. I remembered about 3 minutes before i saw him to give their radiology my MRI results. He never looked at my MRI and wrote me off as a malingerer. His bedside manner was atrocious, explanations non-existent, and hurried in his exam-time, which lasted less than 5 minutes. DO NOT visit this quack if you respect yourself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Dr. Dasilva is awesome. Total knee replacement 8 weeks ago and bending at 130 degrees with no pain. He and his surgical staff have it down to a science and the no hospital stay was wonderful. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. DASILVA!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Dr. DaSilva does not seem to care about his patients. Getting him to stay in the room for more than 3 minutes is a battle. He told me I had metatarsalgia (general foot pain) that "he sees 15 times a day." Convinced him to order an MRI, but pushed me to a different provider. MRI revealed stress fractures in 3 bones and a torn muscle. I've been gathering my medical records for this condition, and he documented nothing about. Not a word. Dr. DaSilva is very unprofessional, avoid if at all possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. DaSilva's for approximately 25 years and he has performed numerous knee surgeries and a foot operation. I had a total knee replacement 10 years ago and it has performed flawlessly. Dr. DaSilva took the time to ask what my goals and activities were before the replacement which helped greatly. I am very active and Dr. DaSilva keeps me that way. Dr. DaSilva is not only my care provider but is my friend and I constantly recommend him to all my friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Dr. DaSilva recently performed my shoulder surgery. He has also performed other surgeries for me from sports injuries in the past. I would not want to go to any other doctor. He is professional, knowledgeable, straightforward, and I trust his decisions. The staff in the offices and the surgery center are also very friendly. They all make a "not so pleasant experience" from being injured or in pain, as pleasant as possible. Thank you to Dr. DaSilva and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Very poor Dr he had no interest in my injury the MRI showed I had a tear he said a bruise and told me to go straight back to work and forget about the pain. Have to check out Dr guy at usc now and get another check
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Dr. DaSilva is a pleasant person. He answers your questions. The only problem is that some appts. are scheduled for only 5 mins., therefore, he is rushed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
He absolutely does not deserve a 2.6 star rating. Took plenty of time to explain everything to me The nursing staff and front end was fabulous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Very compassionate, direct physician. He has operated on me 3 times including a total joint replacement. Mother had bilateral joint replacements 15 years ago and still going strong at 82
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Wife suffering from what appears to be a cervical spine/nerve impingement. Doctor treating it like tendinitis. After forcing the issue over 8 weeks Doctor orders an MRI of her arm and doesn't even consider a spine nerve impingement. Schedules at Monday morning follow up at 9:30 and still has not called us back to be seen and it is now 11:15. Very poor planning and preparation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
Dr. DaSilva is the rudest and most uncaring Doctor ever. Spent two minutes to tell me there was nothing wrong, when I clearly had some issues. I just love paying somebody to say something I could tell my friend. Didn't ask for questions or concerns and just dismissed me. Don't ever go to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Dasilva, MD?
I would never refer or revisit Dr. Dasilva. Spent almost two hours there just for him to only see me for two minutes. Not even sure if he actually looked at my MRI results or profile. I've gotten better courtesy at a fast food drive thru.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Dasilva?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Dasilva treats patients.

Providence Health