Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD

Dr. D'Agostini
Telehealth services available

Tri-County Orthopedics

1590 Us Highway 206 Bedminster, NJ 07921

Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Bedminster, NJ and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UMDNJ--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School medical school in 1980. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hunterdon Medical Center and Morristown Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. D'Agostini to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. D'Agostini with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center today at (732) 201-3872.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center.

Dr. D'Agostini's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. D'Agostini

3.3

Dr. D'Agostini?
  • Staff friendliness (38)
  • Office environment (33)
  • Appointment scheduling (30)
  • Long wait times (23)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (16)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (14)
Dr D’Agostini performed total hip via posterior entry. No pain, no complications, no stitches, no staples, no physical therapy. Didn’t need any pain medication ! My hip had worn down 1.5” of bone length and he restored me to within a millimeter of leg length. I was on my feet next day walking with crutches less than 2 weeks, light cane for a few weeks. I have fully healed and my cells have accepted the artificial hip completely. If you want someone to hold your hand and coddle you find another surgeon, I just wanted a great hip and having someone who would push me to get back to an active lifestyle; not hold my hand. No physical therapy needed, I followed his exercise routine at home. A year later I can play golf, run, and I can cycle 20 miles at a clip...I can honestly say it was life changing, and a year later I can’t even tell I’ve had a complete joint replacement it feels very much a part of me.
Jim Madden – Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
He did a total knee replacement for me almost 3 years ago. It was never right and it took nearly two years to get the pain to a level that I can live with, but I am never pain free. I used to be very active - cycling, skiing, and now the only activity I can do is walk. The prosthesis is loose and any other activity causes swelling and pain. I had bleeding in the knee for at lease 1.5 yrs. after surgery. I knew I had problems at 9 weeks after surgery. He was rude, un-sympathetic, and not interested in finding the cause or a solution. I have medical training, which he didn't know, and he had the audacity to dismiss me, as a naive woman, by saying " don't ask questions about things you know nothing about". I would recommend finding a different orthopedic surgeon.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
SG – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Fantastic. I had a total Hip replacement in early December 2019. His confidence and interaction pre op was most appreciated. He is direct, concise and thorough. Everything one wants from their surgeon. When you met with him LISTEN. He will answers most if not all of your questions if you let him finsh his explanation. His office team, surgery team and the nursing staff @ Morristown Medical were all equally fantastic. If one wants something cute and cuddly go get a puppy. If you want a professional who brings his best and will fix your medical problem I highly recommend Dr. D'Agostino. In fact, I have to a dear friend!
John Barisich – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
I work in the healthcare industry and Dr. D'Agostini has one of the best reputations as an Orthopedic Surgeon in the area. He did a total hip replacement on me in 2018 and I have had an absolutely tremendous result. I don't even know it is there. He has done knee surgeries on two family members with excellent results. If you are looking for a highly qualified and excellent Orthopedic Technician and Surgeon, I would recommend Dr. D'Agostini.
Frank Feci – May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Completely dismissed me. Told him I had an injury after treating me for tendinitis. Completely dismissed me with a prescription and told me to wait 4 months and then see a surgeon. Turns out, after 1 month i sought another opinion, & my bone was out of place and a ligament was torn, and ended up having surgery. I specifically asked if he thought I needed an MRI and he said no while walking out the door, not even standing for a minute to pay attention while I was asking a serious question. If you don’t have symptoms of anything specifically showing bone fracture/break - don’t waste your time, he’ll have you waiting too long to seek a second opinion if you follow his advice & tell you to rest - which for many of us in the workforce, we are unable to do waiting for an injury that won’t resolve.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
He replaced my hip 2 years ago. The surgery was expertly done and I was walking without a cane in 21 days. I have had no issues since then. He has a "direct" manner which some may consider brusque. I don't, I appreciate his no-nonsense approach. Bottom line: the nurses in the recovery room said he was the best in the hospital at what he does.
Don H. – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
My experience with Dr. D'Agostini was okay and great. His bedside manner was not good ....but all his explanations and advice were excellent. The final result was excellent. I had a torn rotator cuff.....it has healed perfectly and had no pain after 4 months while friends who used other doctors who were not arrogant had pain for 11/2 to 2 years. Do not worry about his bad bedside manners but rather the final excellent results.
  • Long wait times
Andrew in Mount Olive, NJ – Jun 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Very clear and concise explanation. Excellent communication skills.
Apr 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Amazing results in a difficult surgery. Repaired 3 severed tendons.
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Dr. D’Agostini is rude and screams at his patients. He doesn’t listen and dismisses all comments. After a shoulder replacement, I knew it wasn’t right but he wouldn’t listen and only yelled more. It turned out my shoulder was dislocated and I needed a reverse replacement. Although my shoulder still gives me pain all the time, I will not go back to be checked since he will scream more. It is hard to believe this man continues to practice with patients leaving his office crying constantly.
NJ – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
I am very impressed with Dr. D'agostini.. He has performed surgery on my right foot as well as both hips. H e was thorough and informative and I felt very safe in his care. I had no complications and am walking better than I did 20 yrs ago. He is a man who enjoys his work and is proud of all the success stories he has
  • Long wait times
Maryann Glogiewicz in basking Ridge NJ – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Game day matters! This man has perfected his art. Had total knee Friday morning and was HOME by 1:00pm that day! I could not have even imagined it would have went this well. Nw it is up to me to do my PE and follwow up visits.
Vincent in Branchburg,NJ – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
I can't give him any stars due to his poor attitude and demeanor. However, I can't complete my survey unless I give him one mercy star. He is rude, arrogant, and throws other employees in his practice under the bus.
Hillsborough, NJ – Jun 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Dagastino is probably the rudest person I've ever met in my life. I cannot believe he has a career in healthcare. This man is redefining dismissive and condescending. A blowhard know-it-all with whom I would never waste another moment of my time. I think his bloated sense of self-esteem makes him think he is a straight shooter, but in actuality he is ill mannered and rude.
Union, NJ – May 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Dr. D Agostini jr is excellent doctor he performed my hip replacement years ago and I'm without pain for 10 years and I'm still playing golf it's all because of Dr. D Agostini
Melvin Jenkins in Columbia, SC – Feb 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Awful human makes u wait hour after ur appointment and he's clueless.
Never again in Morristown, nj – Sep 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
There is at least a 1 hour wait AFTER your appointment time to see Dr. D'agostini, and he is not nice. So probably go with someone else.
Bedminster, NJ – Jul 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
On 5/15/16, Dr D'Agostino, met with my Mom (85 yrs) suffering hip pain, yet to be diagnosed. After denigrating his own staff as idiots he offered my mother no surgical pain relief but would still be the cutter or just narc the rest of her life Walked out on her when she asked about a 2nd opinion. I guess Medicare patients are not his bankroll, Shame on this doctor. No 2nd visit to this practice.(Numerous direct calls to the practice as to his arrogance and uncaring demeanor).Bad business
L. Miko in Princeton, NJ – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
I saw 3 orthopedic surgeons for evaluation for my hip given to me by a friend in the medical field. He said they are all good, use who you are most comfortable with. Dr. D'gostini was the last Dr. I saw. He was the only Dr. to inform me that some Dr.s in Europe think there may be a chance of titanium rubbing off into the blood stream if using titanium on titanium. Dr. D was upfront, pulled no punches. Bedside manner, who cares, he knows his stuff and is respected by all. 2 hips later thank you
Lawrence Tencza in Succasunna, NJ – Mar 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?
Due to the holidays I had to wait 9 weeks for surgery. At my last visit prior to surgery I was told by Dr. D'Agostini to do at least 300 prone leg lifts daily. I didn't understand why but did them faithfully. After the knee replacement I was able to walk the same day with a stable knee. I feel the exercise recommendation was a big part of getting me moving quickly and relatively pain free. I am now 2 weeks post surgery and very happy with my progress.
Claire Finlay in Hopatcong, NJ – Feb 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert D'Agostini, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. D'Agostini?

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

1980
UMDNJ--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
1976
John Hopkins University

• Vice Chairman, Department of Orthopaedics, Morristown Medical Center Atlantic Health System, 2000-2001
  • Selected Chief Administrative Resident, Georgetown University, Orthopaedic Residency, July 1984-