Dr. Robert Cywes, MD

Bariatric Surgery ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Cywes

JACKSONVILLE SURGICAL ASSOCIATES MD PA

2865 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410

Dr. Robert Cywes, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from University Of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa in 1987 and specializes in bariatric surgery, pediatric surgery, and more.

Dr. Cywes accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Cywes has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(561) 627-4107Find providers who accept this insurance

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Appendicitis
  • Asthma
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Blood Disorders
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Diabetes Insipidus, Nephrogenic, Dominant Type
  • Empyema
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophageal Fistula
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Breast Tumor
  • Open Gastric Restrictive Procedure
  • ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon System Insertion
  • Orchiectomy
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Pediatric Obesity
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Stroke
  • Thoracoscopic Lobectomy
  • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy

JSAPA uses a substance abuse cognitive behavioral carbohydrate addiction methodology to treat our patients into remission from diabetes, obesity and many of the other co-morbidities.

• Bariatric Surgery
  • Bariatric Medicine
  • Pediatric Surgery

1999
C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mi-Pediatric Surgery
1996
Toronto General Hospital and University Of Toronto, Toronto, Canada-Gallie Surgical Scientist Program (Ph.D.)
University Of Toronto PHD Program
1990
Columbus Children's Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus, Oh-Pediatric Burns and General Surgery
1989

66.19718309859155%

Dr. Cywes?
Dr. Cywes' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Cywes, MD
Needed professional guidance with ketogenic diet as I felt I might be misinterpreting some of the components. Yep, that was quite right. Dr. Dywes has the patience of a saint and an effective communication ability that is rare in the medical community. I am so fortunate to have discovered his practice. He explained to me the reason why I have gotten fat...It is a relationship between the body, the mind and the soul. A therapist has never spoken to me like this in my life. I know I can conquer my issue but I really need to start to truly care for myself. And to stop substituting one addiction for another. Yes, I am a carb addict and I will own it and move toward the goal of health. Thank you so very much, Dr. Cywes, it will be a pleasure to work with you because you tell it like it is...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Dr. Cywes is amazing. He has been an emotional and educational support to me. He has taught me to look for the reason WHY I choose the foods that I eat. The reason why it is carbs that I turn to. I not only have learned to eat healthy but I have learned how to maintain it. It is now a lifestyle that I choose for my own good. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Cywes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
After years of gastroenterologists examining me and missing things, fate luckily guided me to Dr Cywes who really listens. He not only cured my Barrett’s Esophaghs which I was told was untreatable, he found a hernia that he fixed and he repaired my stomach which wasn’t shaped right; all of which all other doctors missed. He also removed my gallbladder. He gave me more attention and access to him for questions and concerns than ANY doctor, ever. Forever grateful. Knowledgeable & caring Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Dr. Cywes is brilliant. I have had great success following his guidance. It’s hard and takes a lot of personal work, but totally worth it. You have to be willing to commit to his advice and medical expertise if you wish to succeed. The only way to fail in his program is by cheating, but remember, you are only cheating yourself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Dr Cywes explained well the entire process begonning with eating program before the procedure, immediately following tje operation and long term recommended diet. Now health is much better with the weight loss. I have maintained the program now for sevetal years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Dr. Cwyes is a highly professional surgeon but his expertise do not stop in the OR. Dr. Cwyes follows up with his patients, follows their journeys, supporting, working on every step of the way. It is a partnership and Dr. Cwyes is always available for whatever the patient requires or desires in order to be successful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Had the Orbera balloon for one year and lost 50 pounds ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Personally I have had an awesome experience with Dr Cywes. It is not only the procedure but also the personal commitment for a positive change! It takes two to tango!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
I had the Orbera balloon and only lost weight in the beginning as my body was adjusting to the balloon. Office visits were perfunctory and I was never, not once, asked how I felt physically. His sole focus was regurgitating a script on the benefits of the Keto diet, which he said each and every time. I would not recommend this procedure or this physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Ripoff! First red flag, I had to prepay for the office visit. The office manager said the doctor has a lot of cancellations. I asked the cost of the visit because I was certain my insurance would not cover the visit. The office manager said the cost would be $60 which I thought was low. Second red flag, the office manager actually refunded money to me because she said insurance covered the initial visit. Third red flag, the office has a sign posted stating he does not carry malpractice insurance
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
I have known Dr. Cywes for 5 years. I am a very active surgeon who has struggled with weightloss. Knowing how he has managed the care for some of my family, friends and my patients, I decided to pursue weight loss surgery myself, due to my back issues. He is compassionate, nonjudgmental and treats each person as an individual with differing approaches to each person. His approach is as a life coach, with the surgery as just the start of this weight loss journey and lifestyle change.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
I was on the verge of dieing due to my obesity. Dr. Robert Cywes saved my life. Bariatric Surgery is just the first step to becoming healthy. Meeting with and conducting ongoing discussions post surgery with Dr. Cwyes as to how to manage this surgical tool is key to the effectiveness of this process. Dr. Cwyes is a highly professional and compassionate Surgeon. He offers his patients the time and consideration necessary to achieve our goal. I am most grateful for all of his helpful tips.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
I was extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Cywes. He has an incredible bedside manner and follow up. He took amazing care of me and I would recommend him to anyone looking for diet, weight loss and/or general healthy living. Solid five stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Dr. Cywes has been amazing! He's so encouraging, engaging, and supportive and has helped me change my old habits and start a new, more healthy life. I'm feeling great, I've lost weight without having to resort to extreme measures and I'm finding it easier and easier to avoid carbs and, instead, enjoy other foods. I would, and have!, recommend Dr. Cywes to friends. Make an appointment and change your life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
I met Dr. Cywes on July 2017, when I had no where else to turn. I originally consulted with him for the gastric balloon. He taught me about Low Carb/High Fat eating (LCHF) or KETO. Today, I weigh 133.2! I started at 171. I eat more healthy foods, hardly any carbs and I feel great. I also run 5K races and never thought I could. I am still currently a patient of Dr. Cywes and learn something new with each visit. He takes the time (30 min approx) to teach you and is a great listener.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Dr. Cywes & his staff are incredibly warm & friendly. They are very accommodating as well.! The office is pristine and you are very aware you are in good hands. I would Highly recommend this office to any friends and/or family. Dr. Cywes will not tell you what you want to hear, but he will certainly tell you the truth & this is quite refreshing. Thanks for the amazing service!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
I cannot say enough about Dr Cywes! Amazing attitude and bedside manner! Really takes his time with you to talk about food and procedures. Answers any and all question! Always available! His staff are awesome as,well! So nice and inviting! He saved my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Dr.Cywes has been such and amazing doctor to our son. He definitely has the best bedside manners.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Cywes to my family or friends. He is kind, caring, and skilled as a physician and surgeon. His bedside manner is exemplary, he is so patient and all our questions were answered. He is an asset to his profession!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Cywes, MD?
Dr Cywes is a skilled doctor / surgeon who has changed lives for the better. He is knowledgeable and experience. He had a tireless work ethic working from the early mornings and well into the evening. Beyond his skill set and knowledge base, Dr. Cywes is terrific with his patients and does a wonderful job in explaining his recommendations and procedures.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cywes?