Dr. Robert Coyne, MD

Clinical Cardiac ElectrophysiologyMaleAge 56

Telehealth services available

Electrophysiology Associates, Morristown, NJ

100 Madison Ave Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. Robert Coyne, MD is a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist in Morristown, NJ. Dr. Coyne has more experience with Cardiac Electrical System Procedures and Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Coyne to book an appointment.

Compare with other Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists

Compare Dr. Coyne with our nearby Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

These providers are on the medical staff of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

Dr. Coyne's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Coyne

Dr. Coyne?
  • Appointment scheduling (30)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (28)
  • Listened & answered questions (28)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (2)
Doctor Coyne and his staff are amazing. Great bedside manner and true concern for his patients. He is a great doctor and surgeon. He truly cares and follows up personally with his patients.
Erin M Hirz – Mar 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Dr Robert Coyne ..very professional,made me feel important,safe and very confident in his ability in every way...
Russell c Ebelherr – Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
I was very impressed with Dr. Robert Coyne who recently installed a pacemaker in me . He not only has the training, skills and experience, but he is genuinely concerned with me, compassionate and takes the time to explain everything. He is accessible and returns calls when I needed to speak to him. He is tops! 5 Stars!
Ronald Vitali – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
I had to be transported from Newton Medical Center to Morristown Medical Center by helicopter after complications during an emergency temporary pacemaker procedure because my heart stopped. Upon arrival to Morristown had a semi-permanent external pacemaker and after fluid cleared had a permanent pacemaker the next day. Dr. Coyne did the procedure and kept my wife and family informed and explained everything. Had follow up pacemaker check with Dr. Coyne and he answered numerous questions and was very informative and personable. I'd give him a 20 star rating!
Ken Pelka, Newton, NJ – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Dr. Coyne takes time to explain everything and to make sure we understand and answers all the questions. He’s very pleasant. I have moved to North Carolina but still come back to see him. If there is a problem he searches for answers and gets creative. He’s great.
Deborah Sleeman – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
I recently saw Dr.Coyne at his office at the Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute at the Morristown Medical C enter. He was very attentive to my condition and needs and explained in detail what I should expect. Answered all my questions with empathy and never rushed me. Nurse Ms Wain who came to wrap up my visit was equally competent and courteous. His staff is available for phone calls and they respond in a timely manner. I will recommend him highly to anyone.
Sandran W – Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Had my Loop Recorder removed today.
DEBRA LENNON – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Dr. Coyne has been my doctor for years. I praise him for his compassionate care and knowledge of cardiology. His care of my pacemaker has been exemplary and he is always available to me the same day I call.
earl nielsen – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Dr Coyne recently performed a complex procedure on my wife and he was excellent in every respect. He is a friendly likable man who explained everything carefully and completed the procedure without any problems. He was compassionate and went out of his way to be helpful with recovery arrangements afterward. I would recommend him highly without any reservations.
Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Recently I had a follow up visit with Dr. Coyne. I was very concerned about going into a hospital situation during Covid. I was very pleased and impressed to see the extensive protocol in place by both the staff in the office and Dr. Coyne during the examination. I have been a patient of Dr. Coyne for over 10 years. I always admire and appreciate the confidence, directness and clarity he provides all within a friendly upbeat manner. Over the years he has taken the time to respond to my (many) questions and concerns as well as create a very successful course of treatment for me. I am extremely grateful for having been referred to him many years ago. I realize it could quite literally have been a matter of life or death for me.
Carol N. – Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
We were shocked to learn that my athletic, completely asymptomatic husband needed a pacemaker and was referred to Dr. Coyne for a thorough consultation. He spent more than an hour with my husband and conferred with me and our daughter by phone explaining his findings and recommendations and answering many questions. He reviewed all of the options and risks of the procedure scheduled for the next week. Dr. Coyne consulted with us in the pre-op area and again after his very successful surgery. He purposefully sought me out in the family waiting area to reassure me that all went well which greatly alleviated my anxiety. My husband feels great and is recovering very well. Dr. Coyne and his expert team are the Best! Covid restrictions are burdensome for both medical staff and patients. However, we are extremely grateful that Dr. Coyne while skillfully operating on my husband's heart was so Covid-careful in performing his job safely. Thanks so much for saving my husband's life Dr. Coyne!
Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Dr. Coyne brings a tremendous amount of experience and provides wonderful bedside manor to his patients. His knowledge and empathy serve as a basis for productive post op visits and consultations and he is an outstanding surgeon. As I approach one year in my recovery as a heart patient survivor I am thankful to Dr. Coyne and his associates for having saved my life.
Bill Attinello – Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Met Dr Coyne at the hospital and then a follow up in his office. He was very informative and spent plenty of time going through my condition. He has a wonderful bedside manor. He and his office take all the appropriate protocols during Covid.
Kevin – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Dr. Coyne first treated me in 2015 after open heart surgery when he implanted a pacemaker/defibrillator to help control my AFIB. Today five years later he replaced it. When we met for the pre-op session he spent a lot of time with me and my wife answering all our questions and reviewing all the options. He made sure that we knew both the pros and cons of each treatment option. On the day of the surgery, he once again reviewed the treatment decision we had made. He spoke with my wife after the surgery and checked with us again the following day. He is easy to talk with and gives you the time you need to absorb the information. I would strongly recommend him and his staff to anyone needing his skills and knowledge.
Oct 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Excellent service from Dr. Coyne and his staff. From the minute I walk into the office. Dr. Coyne has been my doctor for 10 years and hopefully for many more. Friendly conversations with Dr. Coyne are abundant during the exam. Nurses in both the general exam and ICD office are friendly and treats me as a person.
Yet – Oct 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
A few years ago I ended up in the hospital (RWJUH NEW BRUNSWICK) with an AFIB incident. As time went on, bouts of AFIB became more prevalent as my cardiologist finally recommended I see an electrophysiologist. Being fortunate enough to have friends who work in the ER at Morristown, they recommended to me Dr. Coyne without hesitation. Since my first consultation years back through just a few days ago for a Loop Monitor Implant, Dr. Coyne has always been compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and thorough in treating me. He keeps appointments on time and always explains anything that needs explaining. I never feel rushed as he always provides me ample opportunity for questions. Additionally, during this unpleasant time of Covid, he and his staff appear to be taking all precautions to keep everyone safe during appointments, I TRULY APPRECIATE THIS. Dr. Coyne is an amazing doctor and an absolute credit to his practice. I feel comfort in knowing my life really is in his hands.
DS – Oct 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Dr. Coyne did a wonderful consult appointment where we went through the best options for an ICD. He gave me time to thoroughly make my decision and on implant day he went above and beyond. Bedside manner was amazing and put me at ease the entire time. He worked with the staff exceptionally well and came out to let my father know personally how it all went. So happy with the results of my icd as it cosmetically looks fantastic, and tested well. I’m so happy that Dr. Coyne let me make informed decisions and talked me through the pros and cons regarding my body and procedures. Dr. Coyne even went above and beyond and checked in with me following discharge. I’m extremely appreciative of Dr. Coyne and his practices, especially during COVID his office made me feel safe and confident in their procedures and safety protocol to Combat the spread. I’m eternally grateful to Dr. Coyne and the team he works with. Thank you so much! I highly recommend him to anyone having to make such a decision.
KS – Oct 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Ego should be left at home. Not sure warranted.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Other Reviews seem positive. Not in my experience. Dr stood across room afraid to go to near patient for fear of CoVid. ( mom was meticulously groomed and not ill) Asked her to feel her own stomach- asked if it hurt. Asked if she felt lumps in her neck. Basically had my mom do her own exam. I reminded him several times my mom had no short term memory. He still was asking her questions - not listening or understanding the patient’s needs. Talked way over our heads. if we asked questions, he cut us off and assured us he would have it all written down. I think some people view this as thorough or considerate, I viewed it as he didn’t want to waste time answering questions & sending a written report, saves HIM time. He also misdiagnosed my mother as needing a Defibrillator. Then wouldn’t touch the door knob on the way out. Total CoVid germaphobe. Report sent. Inaccurate in both patient demographics and Dx. 4-5 star Electrophysiologist he is not. MMH do better.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?
Dr. Coyne is a fantastic doctor. He always makes me feel like family. He explains everything very well. He has been treating me for over 7 years and is always very professional. I always trust in his abilities and know that he is making the best decisions for my health. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you so much Dr. Coyne!!!!
Sufia – Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Coyne, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Coyne?

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology