Dr. Robert Clyman, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 65

Dr. Clyman
3445 Penrose Pl Ste 240 Boulder, CO 80301

Dr. Robert Clyman, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Boulder, CO and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Colorado At Denver medical school in 1985. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Clyman to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Clyman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Clyman's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluation

Dr. Clyman performs Psychological Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Clyman performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Dementia or Depression Screening

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Clyman accepts

Dr. Clyman accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Clyman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Clyman

2.8

Dr. Clyman
Dr. Clyman was the first psychiatrist who truly listened to me. He helped me tremendously. He really cares about his patients. I’m so grateful for a doctor who listens and has such great expertise. I highly recommend him. He really worked with me to understand and prescribe medicine to change my life. Best psychiatrist!
Sep 23, 2021
My family has seen Dr. Clyman since 2014 for multiple Mental Health issues. He is thorough, caring and made certain not to simply throw medications at the many issues. He instead took a slow, cautious approach at treating my children and worked with me to help during a major crisis as well. I had to move on due to insurance issues but I would highly recommend him for anyone struggling with Mental Health. My son had a very complex diagnosis that was new to the DSM-V manual. It takes a year to diagnosis and Dr. Clyman took a careful, methodical approach to helping make certain that this was actually his diagnosis. These reviews make me sad, as I know how frustrating the system can be and we, too, had delayed appointments and frustrations with medication at times. However, I have worked with MANY providers over the years and I know that finding the right solution is a time-consuming, difficult process. I am beyond grateful for the years of care and concern he has shown to my family.
  • Long wait times
Becca – Feb 16, 2021
I agree with other reviewers that Dr. Clyman cares more about making money than he does his patients. He was often stressed, late, and overwhelmed. But that doesnt stop him from charging you the most money possible. I found him to be unprofessional and rude. There are far better psychiatrists in Boulder than Dr. Clyman.
Nov 14, 2020
As another reviewer mentioned, he cares more about billing than patients. There is no waiting room, just a single wooden chair in the hall outside his office. There are many other businesses up and down the hallway that can see you as you wait for 10 to 15 minutes past your appointment time.
Dec 17, 2019
He's gentle and in my experience, accurate in the information he gives.
Boulder, CO – Sep 20, 2018
This man cares more about getting paid than helping patients. Do yourself a favor and avoid doing business with him.
Oct 28, 2017
Dr. Rob really helped my son. We had been struggling with his behavior and the trouble he was having in school for a long time and the first psychiatrist we saw didn't really help him too much. My son really liked Dr. Rob right away and he helped us understand what was going on for him. He took his time to understand him and then recommended medicine that really helped him. Things are much better now and he is a lot happier. I'm very glad we took our son to see him.
Denver, CO – Apr 02, 2017
Dr. Clyman helped me enormously with my depression and anxiety. I had seen other psychiatrists before but I never got better. He's warm and kind and he really listens to me and the concerns I have. I strongly recommend him.
Boulder, CO – Mar 25, 2017
Dr. Clyman is one of the most compassionate psychiatrists I have ever met. He is caring as well as intelligent. He communicates in a understandable way. He wants to include me in the decisions about medicines, and values my strengths as a person. He always seems to have my best interests as part of his work with me in my recovery process. He is open to my disagreeing with him and works to have a mutual agreement about the treatment process. I couldn't ask any more of a doctor.
Broomfield, CO – Mar 23, 2017
I've been seeing Clyman for a while for my severe depression issues and he's done nothing but make me feel like I'm wasting his time. He is consistently late for our appointments and continues to shuffle me out the door after about 15 minutes or so. The meds he gave me stopped working after a month and when I asked for a small increase, he tripled the dosage and told me if I need help with anything to call HIM directly, however, he called me back only to tell me not to call his number again.
  • Long wait times
C.D. in Lakewood, CO – Jan 28, 2017
Clyman is the kind of MD who gives the psychiatric industry a bad name. One step away from being a scam artist. My wife, teenage son, and I spent 2 months and three $300 office visits to sort through challenges with our son's ADHD and get on a path towards drug treatment to help him cope, only to have Clyman shirk treatment responsibility by recommending a handoff to a family therapist. We could have gotten that advice for free and up-front. DON'T TRUST YOUR MENTAL HEALTH TO THIS GUY!
Mark in Denver, CO – Oct 12, 2016
I would NOT recommend Dr. Clyman! My husband has been going to Dr. Clyman for a few months now for his ADD and just today he had an appointment with him, mind you we don't live near Boulder, he took time off to drive there paid for the appointment all for the doctor just to tell him to start taking 2 pills a night when he could have told him that over the phone! Not happy with the experience was a waist of time and money!
Houston, TX – Aug 09, 2016
Worthless. Do not waste your time and money. He is a joke.
N/A in Boulder, CO – Mar 29, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Clyman?

• Psychiatry