Urology  |
Dr. Robert Carey, MD
Dr. Robert Carey, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Carey is affiliated with Lakewood Ranch Medical Center and Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

3325 S Tamiami Trl Ste 200

Sarasota, FL 34239

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Carey

Dr. Carey's Experience

Dr. Carey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Hypospadias
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female

• Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Prostate Removal
  • Ureteroneocystostomy
  • Ureteroneocystostomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Wound Repair

• University Of Miami / School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2006

Dr. Carey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Carey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carey to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Carey's Performance
in Sarasota, FL |
Read all the reviews And it is true that Dr. Carey is an excellent surgeon .. 3 years ago today, Dr. Carey performed a partial nephrectomy to remove a cancer tumor from my left kidney. Today I am very grateful, first to my wonderful Dr Bart Price for recommending Dr Carey and for Dr Carey's performance.. as it was no easy task. And it is true, also, unfortunately, that the office staff is not as supportive as it should be of the doctor and his patients ! ..
Sarasota, FL |
As I type this, I have been sitting in this doctor's waiting room for nearly two hours. When I arrived for a 3pm appointment, I was told "Doctor is running about an hour behind." No other explanation. It is now approaching 5pm, and still no explanation, no apology. Everyone seems to think that this is normal.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Carey is a skilled and knowledgeable physician. Wait times are extremely long and there is no concern for the patient's comfort. After surgery I wanted to see the doctor. I was refused "not until the pathology report is back" They have no concern for the patient. I was turned away multiple times, with "the nurse will call you back". She never did. Beware! This practice is a SURGERY MILL with no after care. Today I got a letter with a second surgery already scheduled! SURGERY MILL $$$
in Venice, FL |
Dr. Carey performed TURP surgery on me at Sarasota Memorial. He did an excellent job and I have been feeling wonderful ever since. He keeps his patients informed and is friendly and caring. I highly recommend him! Office staff are welcoming and kind also.
in Sarasota, FL |
Left after waiting an hour and 20 minutes past my appointment time. This was in the morning not the afternoon, hard to believe he was this far behind after the office had only been open and hour. Others in the office said this is common problem and usually wait as much as 2 to 2 and ½ hours past appointment time. My wife went last week and waited almost 2 hours past her appointment time to get in. This is extremely disrespectful to patients. I don't care if he is the best Dr in the world.
in Sarasots, FL |
Absolutely the best doctor i have had the privilege to see as a patient. He spent two hours explaining the diagnosis, treatment options and answering questions. He also spent more time on lots of follow ups over the next year making sure i was recovering and getting back to the best possible condition that i could achieve. You will not find a more genuine, caring person than Dr. Carey. He has a busy schedule and i am willing to wait for the best. I high recommend Dr. Carey (Robo Doc).
in Venice, FL |
I was referred to Dr Carey by my physician Dr June and I went through the process of determining the extent of my prostate cancer and recommending a treatment. A radical prostatectomy was indicated but Dr Carey assured us that complications were unlikely. Absolutely true. I have a zero PSA and no incontinence at all. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Carey to anyone. His attitude and the time he spent with us was phenomenal. I think I have a great result and a great future. Thanks Dr Carey!
in Sarasota, FL |
Apparently this doctor has no concern for his patients. I was referred to him two plus weeks ago and he never responded. I have called and been put on terminal hold multiple times (hour plus). Finally today I connected and was told his "nurse" would call me back; but she never did. I even tried sending an email to their "info" email account which, to no surprise, went unanswered. I'll find someone more caring and professional!
in Lakewood Ranch, FL |
Dr. Carey is a friendly physician with a caring, reassuring manner and his diagnosis, explanation and alternatives are clear and concise. I always leave my appointment with a feeling of confidence and contentment.
in Sarasota, FL |
I was at my wits end suffering from Interstitial Cystitis. Dr. Carey treated it and I no longer suffer the terrible pain and frequency of urination. It is true that you sometimes wait for him to see you. However, when you are in his office, he will give you all the attention you need not like some doctors that hurry through the visit. As far as I am concerned he is the best urologist in Sarasota.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr Carey is an amazing physician. I just had him perform surgery this week and can say that he was top notch. Not only was the surgery a success but he was extremely attentive and provide us incredible care. I highly recommend Dr Carey!!!
in Englewood, FL |
I have been to Dr. Carey's office twice. First time I waited 2 1/2 hrs. to be seen. On my second visit I waited another 2 hrs. When I asked the receptionist how much longer to be seen, her response was that the dr. was 2 hrs.behind schedule and that it would be another 2 hrs. Dr. Carey seems knowledgeable but office staff is terrible. Proper office etiquette need to be learned and practiced.
Been in the waiting room an hour and a half already - totally unacceptable. We had a surgery center up north and never treated patients in this manner - absolutely no respect for anyone else's time.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Carey is terrific, but his office is a nightmare. It is next to impossible to reach anyone. There is only one number and you usually get an answering service, or a busy signal after going through a torturous answering system. If you are lucky, you will get someone after a long wait, and they may deign to pass on a message to someone to call you back. No direct numbers are given and no email addresses are supplied. My hospital nurse even tried to reach Dr. Carey, but his box was full!
in Venice, FL |
Dr Carey used robotic surgery to assist on my recent surgery for an ovarian cyst. He is extremely skilled and communicates clearly and in terms a lay-person can understand.
in North Port, FL |
Caring and highly skilled surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Are you Dr. Carey?