Dr. Robert Carey, MD

Urology ·  Male · Age 55

Dr. Carey

Urology Treatment Center

3325 S Tamiami Trl Ste 200 Sarasota, FL 34239

Dr. Robert Carey, MD is an urology specialist in Sarasota, FL and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from University Of Miami / School Of Medicine in 2006 and specializes in urology.

Dr. Carey accepts

Dr. Carey accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice
Select HMO
Tampa Bay CoreNet

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Carey's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Cystometry
  • Cystotomy
  • Cystourethroplasty With Repair of Bladder Neck With Robotic Assistance
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stone Removal, Closed
  • Kidney Stones
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Destruction of Kidney Lesion
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lithotripsy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Prostate Removal
  • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostatitis
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female

25.862068965517242%

Dr. Carey?
Dr. Carey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Carey, MD
Dr. Carey is everything I was looking for in a surgeon. He really listened to my questions and concerns and gave me clear answers. He was willing to spend as much time with me as I needed. He is kind. He talked to my wife and me like people and not like just another "case". It was tough to get an appointment with him because of his reputation as a top urologist in Sarasota. When three other doctors recommended him, I knew he was the right doctor for me. And the surgery was a complete success.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr. Carey is an exceptional physician. He listened to my concerns, developed and executed a medical/ surgical option flawlessly. He did not rush me into a surgery option. Yet, when surgery became the only viable option, his skills as a surgeon were evident by my complete recovery without complications 10 days after surgery. He is a gifted surgeon and a compassionate human.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr. Carey is the best...period. While head and shoulders above the rest in education, he takes time to discuss treatment in a down to earth manner. I give highest recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
I had my first appointment with Dr. Carey today, and it will be my last. He was one hour and five minutes late to see me. He never apologized or explained why he was late; rather, he told me that he was a better doctor than others, including colleagues in his office. He was rude. He spent approximately ten minutes with me. When he was done he simply walked out the door. Obviously a man who was never socialized.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr. Carey is an excellent doctor who really cares about me as his patient. He identified my problem and scheduled surgery within the week. I will always be grateful to him. I would go to no other urologist and highly recommend him to everyone in need of one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr. Carey is a personable, caring and competent doctor who ensures his patients are fully engaged in selecting treatment. After more than an hour explaining the advantages/disadvantages of each option, he graciously did the same at a later date to ensure my wife was fully informed. The treatment and recovery from radical prostatectomy were better than I would have imagined. I experienced little discomfort, was able to walk more than mile three days after surgery and have no incontinence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Read all the reviews And it is true that Dr. Carey is an excellent surgeon .. 3 years ago today, Dr. Carey performed a partial nephrectomy to remove a cancer tumor from my left kidney. Today I am very grateful, first to my wonderful Dr Bart Price for recommending Dr Carey and for Dr Carey's performance.. as it was no easy task. And it is true, also, unfortunately, that the office staff is not as supportive as it should be of the doctor and his patients ! ..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
As I type this, I have been sitting in this doctor's waiting room for nearly two hours. When I arrived for a 3pm appointment, I was told "Doctor is running about an hour behind." No other explanation. It is now approaching 5pm, and still no explanation, no apology. Everyone seems to think that this is normal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr. Carey is a skilled and knowledgeable physician. Wait times are extremely long and there is no concern for the patient's comfort. After surgery I wanted to see the doctor. I was refused "not until the pathology report is back" They have no concern for the patient. I was turned away multiple times, with "the nurse will call you back". She never did. Beware! This practice is a SURGERY MILL with no after care. Today I got a letter with a second surgery already scheduled! SURGERY MILL $$$
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr. Carey performed TURP surgery on me at Sarasota Memorial. He did an excellent job and I have been feeling wonderful ever since. He keeps his patients informed and is friendly and caring. I highly recommend him! Office staff are welcoming and kind also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Left after waiting an hour and 20 minutes past my appointment time. This was in the morning not the afternoon, hard to believe he was this far behind after the office had only been open and hour. Others in the office said this is common problem and usually wait as much as 2 to 2 and ½ hours past appointment time. My wife went last week and waited almost 2 hours past her appointment time to get in. This is extremely disrespectful to patients. I don't care if he is the best Dr in the world.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Absolutely the best doctor i have had the privilege to see as a patient. He spent two hours explaining the diagnosis, treatment options and answering questions. He also spent more time on lots of follow ups over the next year making sure i was recovering and getting back to the best possible condition that i could achieve. You will not find a more genuine, caring person than Dr. Carey. He has a busy schedule and i am willing to wait for the best. I high recommend Dr. Carey (Robo Doc).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
I was referred to Dr Carey by my physician Dr June and I went through the process of determining the extent of my prostate cancer and recommending a treatment. A radical prostatectomy was indicated but Dr Carey assured us that complications were unlikely. Absolutely true. I have a zero PSA and no incontinence at all. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Carey to anyone. His attitude and the time he spent with us was phenomenal. I think I have a great result and a great future. Thanks Dr Carey!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Apparently this doctor has no concern for his patients. I was referred to him two plus weeks ago and he never responded. I have called and been put on terminal hold multiple times (hour plus). Finally today I connected and was told his "nurse" would call me back; but she never did. I even tried sending an email to their "info" email account which, to no surprise, went unanswered. I'll find someone more caring and professional!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr. Carey is a friendly physician with a caring, reassuring manner and his diagnosis, explanation and alternatives are clear and concise. I always leave my appointment with a feeling of confidence and contentment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
I was at my wits end suffering from Interstitial Cystitis. Dr. Carey treated it and I no longer suffer the terrible pain and frequency of urination. It is true that you sometimes wait for him to see you. However, when you are in his office, he will give you all the attention you need not like some doctors that hurry through the visit. As far as I am concerned he is the best urologist in Sarasota.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr Carey is an amazing physician. I just had him perform surgery this week and can say that he was top notch. Not only was the surgery a success but he was extremely attentive and provide us incredible care. I highly recommend Dr Carey!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
I have been to Dr. Carey's office twice. First time I waited 2 1/2 hrs. to be seen. On my second visit I waited another 2 hrs. When I asked the receptionist how much longer to be seen, her response was that the dr. was 2 hrs.behind schedule and that it would be another 2 hrs. Dr. Carey seems knowledgeable but office staff is terrible. Proper office etiquette need to be learned and practiced.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Been in the waiting room an hour and a half already - totally unacceptable. We had a surgery center up north and never treated patients in this manner - absolutely no respect for anyone else's time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Carey, MD?
Dr. Carey is terrific, but his office is a nightmare. It is next to impossible to reach anyone. There is only one number and you usually get an answering service, or a busy signal after going through a torturous answering system. If you are lucky, you will get someone after a long wait, and they may deign to pass on a message to someone to call you back. No direct numbers are given and no email addresses are supplied. My hospital nurse even tried to reach Dr. Carey, but his box was full!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Carey?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Carey treats patients.