Dr. Robert Burke, MD

Dr. Robert Burke, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Since 1993, Dr. Robert L. Burke has been performing surgical and nonsurgical treatments for orthopedic conditions. Dr. Burke works with children, athletes, older patients and anyone in the Pearland or Houston, Texas area who suffers from chronic joint pain. Rated #1 Orthopedic Doctor by Living Magazine! His specialties include partial knee replacements, total knee replacements, robotic-assisted surgery and stem cell therapy. Years of training, research and hands-on experience as an orthopedic surgeon allows Dr. Burke to properly diagnosis joint pain problems. A variety of symptoms can identify the exact cause of joint pain symptoms. Dr. Burke not only diagnoses the cause; he guides the patient through their treatment and recovery process. Orthopedic care with Dr. Burke Orthopedics includes full examinations, treatment, physical therapy, follow-up appointments and more at this orthopedics center.

Dr. Burke Orthopedics- Pearland

• CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Burke

At Dr. Burke Orthopedics, we care for patients with any kind of orthopedic pain. From sports injuries to total joint replacement, Dr. Burke provides his patients with personalized orthopedic and rehabilitation care. Every joint deserves immediate attention so we offer same-day appointments with a same-day diagnosis. Dr. Burke Orthopedics guides patients back to an active, pain-free lifestyle, with or without a doctor's referral. Dr. Burke's knowledge and expertise deliver comprehensive orthopedic service with modern technology that focuses on our patients' well-being.

Video

Dr. Burke's Experience

Dr. Burke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fever
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Still's Disease
  • Stress Fracture
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• University Tex Health Science Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Burke has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Texas Orthopedic Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Burke is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Burke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burke to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Burke's Performance
in Beaumont, TX |
Dr. Burke is very thorough and knowledgeable of his specialization. He is very courteous and professional. He listened to my questiions regarding my daughter's injury and was very patient with me. This was my first visit and it was a very good one.
Hello Regina. I hope your daughter is feeling much better after your visit. I'm happy to help with same-day appointments and a same-day diagnosis. Orthopedics and sports medicine are my specialties so if you ever have questions, please feel free to contact my office at Dr. Burke Orthopedics. Thank you for the compliment. Have a wonderful day!
in Pearland, Tx |
Dr. Burke and staff exceptional. Waiting time could improve but overall nice facility. Would definitely recommend.
Hello Sandra and thank you so much for visiting my office. I am working with my staff so we can improve wait times. Thank you for your patience and I hope you are feeling better after your visit to Dr. Burke Orthopedics. Have a wonderful day!
in La Porte, TX |
Dr. Burke was professional and nice. He explained clearly what the findings of the x-ray were and gave clear instructions as to what I could do to improve the condition of my ankle.
Thank you, Virginia, for sharing this feedback with me. I hope your ankle has a speedy recovery after visiting Dr. Burke Orthopedics. I'm happy I was able to help but I can see there is always room for improvement. Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!
in Houston, Texas |
Dr Burke has taken care of my family's orthopedic needs for years. Always busy, but consistently gets us in for those unexpected emergencies!!! Always a very clear treatment plan ..
Hi Micah. I love seeing you and your family. You are always welcomed at Dr. Burke Orthopedics. Thank you so much for your support and this review. Please contact my office if you ever have questions about your appointment or treatment. Thank you again.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Burke is a world class physician! He is not only incredibly skilled in the operating room, but is also very strong in a clinical setting. He is very effective at addressing your needs and does a great job of keeping you well informed. His PA's and office staff are very knowledgeable and friendly. Would definitely recommend!!
Hi Robert. Thank you so much for your time and feedback. Orthopedics is my specialty so I am pleased to see that you felt well informed while visiting Dr. Burke Orthopedics. Thank you and I hope to hear from you again.
in Pasadena, TX |
Professional, friendly and explains everything to you. He does not rush you. He listens to your concernd.
Hi Raquel. One of the most important parts of orthopedics is patient education. During your appointment at Dr. Burke Orthopedics, feel free to ask any questions about your condition or treatment. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and review. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you again for your next appointment.
in Houston texas |
Excellent Doctor! Best Orthopedic doctor in Houston, Texas.
Hi Thomas! Thank you for visiting Dr. Burke Orthopedics. Both my offices in Pearland and Houston, Texas offer same-day appointments with a same-day diagnosis. So, we'll take care of your joint pain and any similar injuries. Thank you for your visit and review. Have a wonderful day.
in Houston, TX |
My family has used Dr Burke for years and all were very pleased! The only complaint was that the front office people were not very friendly. I am so pleased to say that it seems that situation has been resolved and I found everyone involved in my visit to be wonderful!!!
Charlotte, thank you so much for visiting my office and I apologize for any inconvenience you or your family experienced. I'm glad that we were able to resolve the situation. Thank you again for visiting Dr. Burke Orthopedics and giving us your feedback. I will work with my staff to make sure every patient is treated with a warm welcome and excellent orthopedic care. Thank you!
in Lake Charles, LA |
Had my left knee replaced May 2016. I will have the right on done May 2017. I went to appointments with a prepared list of questions or concerns. Every question or concern was addressed. (Be prepared and time concious). The CPM machine after surgery kept my knee flexable. I was able to keep pain to a minimum by using it almost nonstop the first week. Physical therapy before surgery was key in my recovery and mobility.
Hi Nancy. I'm pleased to see your left knee has fully recovered. We will do the same procedure and physical therapy plan for your right knee. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and reviewing Dr. Burke Orthopedics. I love helping my patients and answering questions. Feel free to contact me with any of your concerns and I'll see you soon! Thank you.
in Alvin, TX |
Dr. Burke, his PA's and all his office staff are very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. I had an MRI and met with Dr. Burke on Tuesday. Meniscectomy was Friday morning, I was walking Saturday with no pain. Postop day 3 started riding stationary bike with low resistance. The staff of nurses and the anesthesiologist at Texas Orthopedic Hospital were also great. I will definitely rely on Dr. Burke and all his staff for any orthopedic service. I'm very pleased with outcome of the surgery.
I am so happy to see this update. Every day your knee will get stronger and stronger. Thank you for this review. I am very proud of my staff and hospital affiliates. Good luck during your recovery and feel free to call us at Dr. Burke Orthopedics if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!
Perfect! GREAT DOCTOR
Hi Thomas! Thank you for your review. I enjoyed having you in for an appointment and hope you are feeling much better after your diagnosis. If you ever have questions or need additional treatment, feel free to call us at Dr. Burke Orthopedics. We will get you in for a same-day appointment. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
San Antonio, TX |
He and his staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Thank you so much for your visit and feedback. I am proud to see 5-star reviews from my patients. The staff at Dr. Burke Orthopedics cares deeply about each of our patients. For an expert diagnosis with genuine care, feel free to call or schedule a follow-up appointment with me. Thank you again!
in Pearland, TX |
He is informative. Take his time to do procedures. Professional at the office and hospital. His staff is helpful and takes their time also. I don't feel like I am rushed on and out, Very happy with my care with my knee surgery.
Glenda, thank you for your time and wonderful review. I am so proud to see that you are happy with your knee surgery and the care you received at Dr. Burke Orthopedics. Along with my staff, caring for my patients' chronic pain is my number one goal. Thank you again for this review and please let us know if you have any questions about your surgery or recovery. Thanks!
in Pearland, TX |
Considerate and to the point.
Thank you so much for visiting Dr. Orthopedics! I treat all my patients with considerate healthcare based on advanced orthopedic practices. My staff is always here to help with your questions so please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you again and have a great day!
Pearland, TX |
Dr. Burke did my knee replacement surgery and I have had an excellent outcome. Highly recommend.
Thank you for this 5-star rating of Dr. Burke Orthopedics. We are proud to serve Pearland, Texas with same day appointments for a wide range of orthopedic treatments. I hope you are feeling much better after visiting our practice and you're living free of joint pain. Thank you again for your time and feedback. Feel free to schedule another appointment or contact our office with any of your orthopedic questions. Thank you!
in Pasadena tx |
Rushed. I needed two knee replacements. Felt like I was being pressured into a used car sale.
Dr. Burke Orthopedics is a safe place where patients can receive an expert diagnosis along with professional orthopedic treatment. I apologize for any type of rush that you felt during your appointment. Our staff is working to better schedule appointments so each patient can have the attention and care that they deserve, Thank you for visiting Dr. Burke Orthopedics. I hope your knees are no longer suffering. Thank you again for your time and feedback.
in Pearland, TX |
While I appreciate his expertise,the wait time is ridiculous I have waited for an appointment for a simple follow-up for nearly 2 hours.Once you finally get into the room to see the doctor, he spends 5 minutes max with you if you're lucky.Everything feels very rushed.I had several questions after my surgery that went unanswered because I was ushered out of the room so quickly.This practice really feels like an assembly line that is more concerned with turning out numbers than taking care people.
I am so sorry that you felt that way after your procedure and appointments with us. I truly care about every single patient who enters Dr. Burke Orthopedics so I will work with my staff to ensure that this problem does not happen again. Thank you for your time and for visiting my practice. Your feedback is valuable so I greatly appreciate this review. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience that the wait may have caused you. Thank you.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Burke, MD?

Visit Dr. Burke

Blue Choice
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA