Dr. Robert Buka, MD

Dr. Robert Buka, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Robert Buka, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read his story

Bobby Buka MD PC

135 W 70th St

New York, NY 10023

• 1199SEIU
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Elderplan
  • Fidelis Care
  • Health First Health Plans
  • Health Net
  • HIP Health Plan of New York
  • Medicare
  • MetroPlus Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Buka

See how frequently Dr. Buka performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Telogen Effluvium
Skin Infections
Fungal Infections

Dr. Buka's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Buka's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Buka "Dr. Robert L. Buka is a Dermatologist serving the Brooklyn and New York areas for more than 15 years. Dr. Buka is experienced in Ultherapy® – Uplifting Ultrasound!, Chemical Peel Treatment and Laser Skin Resurfacing. He is a professional member of the Society for Pediatric Dermatology. "

This content was provided by Dr. Buka "Dr. Bobby Buka, New York City's leading dermatologist, offers a wealth of dermatologic experience in both cosmetic and medical treatments. Born and raised in New York City, Dr. Buka is passionate about the skin health and skin care of New Yorkers. With his unique approach to dermatology treatment in New York City, Dr. Buka not only aims to diagnose and prescribe the most common skin issues--from acne to psoriasis--but places a unique emphasis on education and building a relationship with each of his patients."

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lice
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School of Medicine

Dr. Buka's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Buka to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Buka's Performance
I had a rather embarrassing condition that I thought was something else completely. Dr Buka reassured the Hypochondriac in me it wasn't what I thought it was, and clearly explained the condition. The whole experience was great, and if something else pops up, I'm sure that I'll be back here to be taken care of.
He is fine the office is the worst in the city. A lot of shady billing practices. I would steer clear. everywhere is better in that regard
Everyone was extremely helpful from the intake nurse Diana, to the NP studying underneath him. The diagnosis was quickly resolved and thoroughly explained to me, along with treatment options. I was given options and recommendations without pressure. Felt comfortable the entire time.
Very nice and listened to everything I had to say and the staff is very nice. Best dermatology visit i have ever had I will definitely come back.
No waiting time, got a skin scan, asked some questions, had a short procedure, and out in no time
Great experience! Dr. Buka was friendly, attentive and clear in his explanations. Wait time was minimal/non-existent
Good experience diagnosed me quickly and was very kind.
Was very knowledgeable and made everything clear for me.
Dr. Buka and his staff are very professional and accommodating. The examination itself was thorough but fast and reassuring. Dr. Buka was very welcoming of any questions and was very easy to talk to.
He listened to me explain my symptoms and was very diligent in solving the root of the problem. This helped put me at ease, since I had visit with another specialist that was very dismissive of my concerns.
The intake & wait time was short, the pre-exam patient history portion was thorough and not rushed. The doctor and team were all very professional and worked very seamlessly together.
great doc, easy going, efficient, knowledgeable and informative. staff were really sharp as well definitely recommend
Dr. Buka diagnosed my condition in under one minute. He and his staff were very friendly and made me feel at ease during my visit.
Dr Buka treated my son and now my daughter for eczema. He is thorough and well versed in treating children. I highly recommend him for any skin issues!
Dr Buka and his staff were quick and helpful. My only complaint would be the amount of people in the office when talking to the doctor (3) was intimidating.
very professional made me feel at ease
I title my review as expected because I looked at previous reviews before seeing Dr. Buka and was prepared for a great visit. The wait area was the coolest I have seen, and the staff were all very friendly and easy going. Dr. Buka was efficient, listened to my concerns and was able to address said concerns immediately. I made a wise choice!
Left not having any additional questions. Buka was very clear in his explanations and what he thought was going on.
as my first time at this clinic with doctor Robert Buka and his crew they were nice to me i didn't wait too much time i would say he is one of the best doctor thank you
Doctor was very nice went through every detail. Staff was awesome. Recommending to my friends
I came due to concern over a mole and rash. Dr. Buka was pleasant and was able to put my concerns at ease. I would come back again.
Did a great job screening me, no stress. Very Friendly!
great experience with Dr. Buka - very helpful in treating my skin condition
He was very informative and caring. Willing to explain his diagnosis and perscription solutions in detail. When I opposes one medication he offered alternative options that I'd feel more comfortable with. The attending nurse was very attentive, personable, and informative as well.
Very straight forward and easy to talk to. Looking forward to my next appointment
Dr. Buka was super nice. He was very attentive and made me feel very comfortable. The office is beautiful, everyone is friendly, and I would definitely recommend him!
Overall, very happy with my appointment. Dr. Buka was very welcoming and communcated really well. He moved a bit faster then my liking with my explanation of my concerns. Will see how the follow up goes. Still would recommend his services
Really lovely visit. Super friendly nurses and felt that issues were listened to and addressed.
Dr. Buka answered my question very well.
I came here with my husband and we were really worried about the bump on his arm. He took time to check it and explained everything to us. We felt at ease and didn't feel that with other doctors. He is the best!
Amazing, sad we don't have you in Los Angeles.
Dr. Buka was very personable and warm. He took time to listen to me. I enjoyed meeting him and being his patient.
My husband comes in with inflamed scalp and leaves feeling reassured that everything is well. Doctor Buka takes his time and explain things in terms for us to understand. I will continue to recommend you and all your locations (which I love the retro artsy feel) Thank you for expanding, we don't have to travel so far to come see you! Life long patient :-) !!!
Great location, clean offices, friendly staff, arrived via a referred by a friend
very nice, explained everything very well. Very knowledgeable and informative. Definitely will come back!
I was worried about a dark spot and decided to set an appointment after walking by Dr. Buka's practice. Setting the appointment was easy and the attention was great. Nice clean place, modern equipment and, most importantly, with very good service provided by everybody I interacted with: the front office, the nurse practitioner, the doctors... They listened with patience and attention, their explanations were clear. They seem efficient and trustworthy. I would recommend it.
Robert and he's stuff were super helpful and explain all my concerns with full details.. Definitely will be back
I was attend very quickly, and even given seltzer water while I waited. Very cool office and friendly staff. Dr. Robert Buka was very helpful and understanding. I would definitely recommend coming back for future appointments.
i visited Dr Buka for a couple of moles that needed to be checked. From the minute I entered till I leave, every member of the staff was very welcoming, nice and friendly. Dr Buka was also very nice and professional, spoke very clearly about what he thought. he communicated very clearly about what he is about to do every step of the way as he smoothly removed one of the moles to be tested.
This is my first visit to Dr. Buka. Everything was smooth starting with the check-in at reception to the actual visit with Dr. Buka. I did not have to wait a long time to see the doctor and he was very gentle and calming. He listened to my concerns and asked if I had any questions. Overall, it was a great first impression.
so gentle, so nice and he made me feel so comfortable. thank you dr. buka
After entering my room, Dr. Buka performed a skin cancer check and then gave me a treatment plan for my acne. He answered all my questions and concerns.
Dr. Buka and his team were great. They explained everything clearly and made me feel very comfortable. I would recommend them to my family and friends.
It was a very pleasant, very friendly, highly informative session. Doctor Buka is very knowledgeable and supportive. Highly recommended.
Dr. Buka was receptive and helpful but also time efficient.
Staff was kind. Dr was patient, clear and knowledgeable.
Great experience!
great office, easy from my office. Great staff, super attentive.
Doctor, PA's and front office staff excellent
excellent
Have you seen Dr. Robert Buka, MD?

Visit Dr. Buka

Dr. Buka accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • 1199SEIU
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Elderplan