Dr. Robert Buka, MD

Dr. Robert Buka, MD

Dermatology  |
Telehealth services available
Dr. Robert Buka, MD is a dermatologist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in dermatology, pediatric dermatology, and more.Read his story

214 Sullivan St

New York, NY 10012

• 1199SEIU
  • Amerihealth
  • Anthem
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

No malpractice claims found for New York

Dr. Buka accepts

Dr. Buka accepts the following insurance:

1199SEIU
POMCO Group
Tricare
Oxford Liberty

Frequently Treated by Dr. Buka

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Buka treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Buka treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 385-3700.

Skin Conditions

Compare with other Skin Conditions specialists.

Dr. Buka treats at a

Normal
High
Very High

Cosmetic Skin Procedures

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Skin Procedures specialists.

Dr. Buka treats at a

Similar Providers
Acne
Hair Loss
Acne Surgery
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Normal

• Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Hair Removal
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Mole Removal
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Varicose Eczema
  • Varicose Veins
  • Wart Removal
  • Warts

Dr. Bobby Buka, New York City's leading dermatologist, offers a wealth of dermatologic experience in both cosmetic and medical treatments. Born and raised...Read more

Dr. Robert L. Buka is a Dermatologist serving the Brooklyn and New York areas for more than 15 years. Dr. Buka is experienced in Ultherapy® –...Read more

• Dermatology

• Buka’s Emergencies in Dermatology,

Memberships & Affiliations

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • Society for Pediatric Dermatology, Member

Does Dr. Robert Buka, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Buka has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. Robert Buka, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Robert Buka, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Buka's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Robert Buka, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Buka accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Robert Buka, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Buka frequently treats Skin Conditions and Cosmetic Skin Procedures. See all practice areas where Dr. Buka specializes.

Where is Dr. Robert Buka, MD's office located?

Dr. Buka's office is located at 214 Sullivan St, New York, NY 10012. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Robert Buka, MD speak?

Dr. Buka speaks Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin. View profile to see all.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Robert Buka, MD?

Dr. Buka's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Buka

4.1

1.2820512820512822%

Dr. Buka?
  • Listened & answered questions (120)
  • Explained conditions well (119)
  • Office environment (119)
  • Appointment was rushed (29)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (28)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (26)
This place was a total disaster
Jan 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Dr Buka is running the McDonalds of doctors offices here in NYC. Dozens of offices means dozens of opportunities to completely mishandle their patients. Absolutely the worst doctors office on the planet - not hyperbole - DO NOT GO HERE. At the moment of this review I have been trying to see a doctor to get onto a virtual appointment for 2 weeks and my credit card has already been charged - something I will be disputing with my bank. Due to the incompetence of the staff the appointment continues to be pushed back every single day. The doctor has cancelled last minute, then the virtual meeting links don't work, then the doctor just doesn't show. I am still waiting for the doctor to log on to see me at this very moment. If I didn't need this medication and wasn't being held hostage by Doctor Ronald Mc'Buka I would go somewhere else, ANYWHERE else would be better.
Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Worst billing nightmare I have ever experienced!! Refrain from going to this doctors office at all costs. They will absolutely rip you off! If you do visit, make sure to get a quote from billing in writing before your office visit. I was told on two occasions that my post deductible out of pocket cost was going to be $50. I was completely lied to and they billed me for 3.5x the amount. After the doctor visit, I was billed $173 that I am now liable for and all they can say is "I'm sorry you were misquoted".
May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
1. In the waiting room the desk attendant asked me out loud if I was here for the procedure I was visiting for, so the entire waiting room heard. Against HIPPA policy 100%. 2. I was told by the medical assistant that my procedure was going to cost X amount of money. 3. Afterward when I went to pay I was charged 3X the amount. They brought the medical assistant out and she admitted she had been confused. I was still told I would have to pay the 3X the amount. 4. I called the billing dept the same day to explain the issue, and I was told someone would get back to me. After a week with no call back I called the billing dept again. The billing director, Anastasia, berated next over the phone, interrupted me several times, and spoke in an overall disrespectful and abrasive tone. This entire experience from start to finish was one of the worst and most unprofessional experiences I’ve ever had.
Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
this is the worst of the worst, a fancy facial place but real demo??? my experience was a horror!!!!!!!!!!!!, one str is very over rated, stay home, i can not say enough ,A TRUE HORROR
David Hecht – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Worst medical experience of my life. Incompetent staff that can't book an appointment properly, waited an hour and a half before even being seen, provider went and billed me for services not properly rendered and ones I did not ask for after specifically telling her my issues with the insurance plan I'm covered under - noone failed to mention to me in office that I could choose to NOT go through insurance and only be billed $50 instead of the $300+. All Melanie, the provider had to say was "don't worry, we'll find a way to work it out" AKA we'll find a way to bill you as much as possible and make sure we squeeze you for every penny. Have tried to get in touch with management MANY times with no response. But I got a lovely bill in the mail from them just days after I spoke to their billing supervisor who told me "I can put you on a payment plan but that's all I can do."
Daphne – Dec 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
I have been seeing the (now) Dermatology Specialists since 2012. The care and customer service I have received from time to time, office to office has been consistently phenomenal. I have had a number of mild to moderate skin conditions which have popped up since I graduated in 2010; most of which have required medical intervention, and man did I find the right place to call home. My skin has managed to thrive each time and I know I owe so much of that to the knowledge of Dr. Buka and his very skilled team. I would be happy to recommend this center (pick your location within 3 of the 5 boroughs), to anyone looking for quality care. Not to mention, the office cleanliness pretty much set the standard for doctors offices, regardless of specialty that I chose from that point on. A+++++
Rachel M – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Going to any doctor is very scary, so I was relieved to get a simple solution for my health concern from Dr. Buka.
Mar 29, 2019
Very professional. Thanks
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Dr. Buka was amazing with my son Terence, he made my son feel relaxed and completely comfortable. Dr. Buka explained all the the options for wart removal and also explained the procedure he was about to perform to my son. We were seen right away and the procedure was quick and painless for my 5 year old son. Very grateful to Dr. Buka for making this a good experience for Terence and I, I recommend him without reservation!
LINETTE in New York , NY – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
I can’t speak to the quality of the care here because I refused to go forward with my new patient visit when I was given a binding arbitration agreement to sign before seeing a doctor. I am a lifelong New Yorker who has raised 4 children here. My wife has a chronic illness and I was the health care proxy for my parents. I have seen many care providers but never before been asked to sign away my legal rights. I’ve never sued anyone but I wouldn’t sign this . Nor should you.
Michael Bradley – Dec 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
The worst Dermatology ever. I give you tips if you have to go; 1. The booking system is broken: Don't trust their online booking system even you receive a confirmation/reminder email. 2. Be patient in a room I had waited for 45 minutes after I was told "The doctor will come soon" by her assistant 3. Remind them to send the prescription to a pharmacy Before going to the pharmacy, don't forget to call them to ask sending the prescription. Till you asked, they won't do anything.
NS in New York, NY – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Visited 220 Front Street; clean office a long wait. Dr. Buka was recommended by a colleague who’s satisfied and has good results. The receptionist wasn’t helpful when asked about authorization needed for medication and call back the pharmacy required. She actually tried to delegate the front office task of prior authorization to me. Dr. Buka is professional, friendly and had good bedside manor. The cost of his products are pricey.
Christina in Brooklyn , NY – Jul 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
I visited the 214 Sullivan Street location to have some skin tags and spots looked at. I have to say that out of all of the doctors visits I have ever gone to this was the most professional and well executed experience I have ever had. The staff and doctors were extremely knowledgeable, professional and caring. I look forward to a long term relationship with Bobby’s practice for my future dermatology needs. - Jason
Jason in NYC, NY – Jul 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Be aware! I've been at his UWS location before once and I liked my experience. I came back to remove a skin tag in the same area as I had before. The doctor told me that it's wart, not a skin tag. I wasn't advice about the price. I had no idea that procedure doesn't guarantee the results. I would NEVER do it if I knew that the cost would be $975 for a 10 minutes visit. And now I have two warts instead of one! It's clearly fraud to make more money on people like me who believe doctors.
Dariya – Jul 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
This was the WORST experience I have EVER had at a doctor's office. Both my parents are physicians, so I know better than most that seeing patients on-time is hard, but I sat in the waiting room for 2 HOURS! I ended up walking out without seeing a doctor or any sort of apology/follow-up. Overall, it was clear that this doctor overbooks his schedule with appointments, which means that money is more important to him than actually delivering care to his patients.
Ian – May 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
At least their office was nice. BUT, I didn't feel the physician's assistant was very helpful. Also they are catering to many people but if they call themselves pediatrician dermatologists, they should also have a space for infants. No table against a wall or anything.. A very uncomfortable long wait and reclining seat in the room that is really low and with gaps.. Very hard to put and observe a child in. The assistant acted very coldly about it and didn't help me at all. Consultation was weak.
Brooklyn – May 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Very nice office, efficiency of the staff will tell you, your wait time. Dr Buka is very detail with his patient and explaining your condition.
EM in CO, NY – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
I went in for my annual skin check up and review of my ongoing skin issues with rosacea and eczema. Dr Buka was nice, quick and efficient. He noticed an issue I had for a while and suggested a quick fix and was able to do it right then with a cyst I had. I highly recommend him for any dermatology needs.
vbridges in LONG ISLAND CITY – Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?
Returned after a previous visit for a cyst- Dr. Buka injected and it was reduced and pain free in a couple hours after leaving office.
Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Buka, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Buka?

The Dermatology Specialists

The Dermatology Specialists Greenwich Village214 Sullivan St New York, NY 10012
The Dermatology Specialists - Bushwick1163 Myrtle Ave Brooklyn, NY 11206
The Dermatology Specialists - Upper East Side1425 2nd Ave New York, NY 10021
The Dermatology Specialists - Astoria3179 Steinway St Astoria, NY 11103
The Dermatology Specialists - Sunset Park4411 8th Ave Brooklyn, NY 11220
    • Sat: 9:00am - 7:00pm
The Dermatology Specialists - Downtown Brooklyn440 Atlantic Ave Brooklyn, NY 11217
    • Sat: 9:00am - 5:00pm
The Dermatology Specialists - Williamsburg152 Broadway Brooklyn, NY 11211
    • Sun: 9:00am - 7:00pm
The Dermatology Specialists - Crown Heights614 Eastern Pkwy Brooklyn, NY 11225
    • Sat: closed
The Dermatology Specialists - Long Island City1041 47th Ave Long Island City, NY 11101

Bobby Buka MD PC

Williamsburg Dermatology152 Broadway Brooklyn, NY 11211

Dina M Began, MD

Dina M Began, MD1027 46th Ave Long Island City, NY 11101

Bobby Buka MD PC220 Front St New York, NY 10038

Dr. Buka is affiliated with the following hospital. Select the hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Mount Sinai Hospital