Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases  |
Dr. Robert Buckingham, MD
I have passion to prevent disease before it becomes symptomatic. Because of that, I prefer lifestyle discussions over drugs. I will take as much time as possible to help patients understand the importance of how to live. If patients are suffering from disease, I will help provide ways to get symptoms under control without necessarily adding a complex array of prescription medications. I will do everything i can to make patients healthy rather than dependent and burdened by 'the medical system".

115 Pirie Rd Ste D

Ojai, CA 93023

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Buckingham

My care philosophy is pragmatic with emphasis on lifestyle adjustments and containing vascular inflammatory risks. I will do what I can to prevent complications of vascular inflammation, but at the same time treat them when they occur. I try to get to know my patients and believe communication is very important. medical records still belong to the patient and myself and I make sure that patients don't leave the office with pages of medical gibberish that mean virtually nothing because they cannot be understood.

Dr. Buckingham's Experience

Dr. Buckingham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases

• Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Holter Monitoring
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

No malpractice history found for California.

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Dr. Buckingham has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Buckingham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Buckingham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Buckingham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Buckingham to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Buckingham Says:

I appreciate input from my patients and take their comments seriously. My relationship to my patients is like a marriage and I want to make sure communication is always open in both directions.

Dr. Buckingham's Performance
in Ojai, CA |
Dr. Dr. Robert Buckingham MD, has been very considerate of my problems with pain, sleeping, swelling, and allergies. He remains one of my very favorite Dr.s, as his concern for my wellness is evident, by his considerate practices and his spectacular continued quality of care. I highly recommend Dr. Robert Buckingham MD. I have the opportunity to work with him outside of his office and consider myself quite fortunate. Dr.n Buckingham cares.
in Ojai, CA |
Dr. Buckingham has been my family's doctor for over 20 years. He is the GREATEST and takes such good care of all of us!
in Ventura, Ca |
As a RN, I am around many doctors, I work ER, and often interact w IM, so there are many ppl I could have chose to be my PCP, but Dr. B is the only Doctor I want taking care of me, he is kind, truthful, and extremely knowledgable, I trust him 100% my healthcare needs
in Ojai, CA |
I am a 75-year-old man who has been a patient of Dr. Buckingham's for a decade. I attribute a great deal of my excellent general health directly to him and to his recommendations, which I closely follow. He is the author of Hazing Aging (2015),containing numerous insights about means of avoiding the kinds of decline that we conventionally associate with advanced years. He is a medical thinker of great breadth who shares that knowledge generously with patients.
in Oxnard, CA |
Dr. Robert Buckingham is a well known and respected Doctor in the Ojai Community and Ventura County. As physician of the year in Internal Medicine, It really gets to show that he really takes good care of his patients. Dr. Buckingham gets to listen to his patients needs and always makes sure that every single one of them gets met. He has dedicated his whole life in caring, listening and communicating with his patients and their families. I truly recommend Dr. Buckingham to anyone.
in Ventura, CA |
My name is pastor McGee, Dr. Buckingham has been my physician for the last 10 years are more and also my wife Prell he has been her physician for 30 years on more. He is a international physician of the year, internal medicine. And really he is one of the few doctors that knows nutrition and exercise as well as the nuts, bolts and washers. Dr. Buckingham is very serious about what he does in the advice he gives you which is always helpful. I know his staff love him my wife and myself love him.
in Santa Barbara, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr Buckingham for the last 4 years and I can only wish I had discovered him sooner. One unique aspect of his care is the fact that, unlike nearly every doctor I've ever had, he takes TIME ... as much as you need.. to answer your questions and advise you on his methodology and recommendations. His expertise also utilizes many more holistic approaches, meaning prescriptions are not necessarily his only solution! This is unheard of today in traditional care.
in Santa Barbara, CA |
Dr. Buckingham has been my PC for 7 years now. I couldn't be more pleased with the level of care I have received from him during this time. He has helped me resolve a couple of health issues that other doctors I've seen were not able to do. He is attentive focused and thorough;and has an excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him as I believe him to be one of Ojai and Ventura's best physicians.
in Ojai, Ca |
Dr. Robert Buckingham is international physician of the year, internal medicine. Are you looking for a doctor who is one on one with his patients, caring, fast, efficient, smart? Well look no further because Dr. Buckingham has all that to offer!! All his patients and staff love him. I wouldn't recommend anyone else!!! Go see him if you want to experience being helped by a real professional in medicine.
in Santa Barbara, CA |
Dr Buckingham quite literally saved my live by quickly diagnosing my sepsis.. frequently fatal, and spending the majority of entire night, along with his staff, applying the appropriate procedures and methodology needed. Without his expertise, I would not be writing this review. I have finally found a physician that meets my needs and I'm grateful for his dedication.
in Ojai, CA |
Dr. Buckingham has been my physician for 26 years. I have found his care and advice excellent and thorough.
in Solvang, CA |
Dr. Buckingham is one of the few doctors who knows nutrition and exercise as well as the nuts and bolts of his many talents as a healer and a guide. I have a serious heart condition and he has coached me, held my hand educated me and kept the medication minimal. He takes the time to talk and be with me every step of the way. Healing the heart is very slow and tedious and does not always work. With him at my side I am getting stronger every day. He is saving my life and there when I need him. TLC
Hayfork |
Always a very competent and compassionate care giver! I saw him as a patient as well as both my children, mother and my fiance. I have the utmost respect and confidence in his care!
Have you seen Dr. Robert Buckingham, MD?
Are you Dr. Buckingham?