Dr. Robert Brass, MD

Dr. Robert Brass, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Robert Brass, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Latham, NY. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Brass is affiliated with Albany Memorial Hospital and Albany Medical Center Hospital.

713 Troy Schenectady Rd Ste 135

Latham, NY 12110

• EmblemHealth
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Brass

See how frequently Dr. Brass performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Corneal Erosion
Progressive High Myopia
Drusen

Dr. Brass's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Brass "I love what I do. It's important to educate patients to take the best care possible care of their eyes, to maintain the best possible vision. I enjoy surgery"

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Phakic Refractive Lens Implantation
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Laser Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Clarkson University
  • University Of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Stratton Vetarans Administration Medical Center
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Brass has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brass does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brass and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Brass' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brass to family and friends
Dr. Brass' Performance
Petersburg |
I am very very pleased with Dr. Brass and his office staff and cannot say enough about their friendliness and professionalism He performed cataract surgery along with laser surgery on the astigmatism in my right eye. Both procedures were quick and painless and I can now see 20-20 without my glasses!!! What a treat! Dr. Brass explained everything and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I trust him implicitly and recommend him to everyone who has eye difficulties.
Latham, NY |
Dr. Brass and his professional staff guided seamlessly through the cataract surgery process. Within one month, I had cataracts on both eyes removed and appropriate lenses inserted with minimal discomfort and great results. Dr. Brass is the best, and his staff are experienced and informed on every aspect of the surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Brass and his staff!
Latham, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass and had no problems! I'm seeing 20/20 without glasses.
in Clifton Park, NY |
Dr. Brass is not only very knowledgeable on all aspects of the eye, but he speaks to his patients with compassion and respect. I recently had cataract surgery, and I was very pleased with the results. Many of my friends had cataract surgery within the past couple years with Dr. Brass and indicated to me how pleased they were with the surgery. As a result of their experiences, I felt very confident about my surgery.. I highly recommend Dr. Brass for eye check-ups and cataract surgery.
in Latham, NY |
Recently I had cataract surgery on both eyes. Dr. Brass was phenomenal! He explained the procedures in detail and answered all my pre-op questions. His "chair side" manner is supportive and comforting. My vision is excellent and I feel that my new eyes are a gift! The Brass Eye Center staff are welcoming and most helpful. .I highly recommend Dr. Brass and his staff to all!
in Clifton Park, NY |
I recently had cataracts removed from both eyes by Dr. Brass. I am so pleased with the results of my surgery! I highly recommend him. He is a skilled professional but is never too busy to take the time to explain the whole procedure to you and to answer any questions you may have. He takes the time to call you at home the evening after surgery to check on you. DR. BRASS AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF personify the words found on the Brass Eye Center logo... EXCELLENCE - COMPASSION - EXPERIENCE
in halfmoon ny |
I wanted to be very careful when selecting the Dr. who would perform my cataract surgery, especially since I have macular degeneration, so I asked around quite a bit before deciding who to use. When Dr. Brass opened an office in Clifton Park, I was especially curious since I live near there, so I began enquiring about him. I asked 3 of my retina specialists, who each gave him top grades and my private physician who did the same. I looked him up on the web, checked his background on the intern
Clifton Park, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass. I cannot believe the difference. Everything is so much brighter and clearer. The process was absolutely excellent, from the beginning to the end.
Clifton Park, NY |
I drove last night, 4 days after cataract surgery, and I could not believe what I was able to see. I have not seen that well in years. If you have cataracts, have the surgery.
in Saratoga Springs |
Dr. Brass performed cataract surgery in my left eye about a week ago. It was easy and painless. His level of care is wonderful. He is knowledgeable and thorough. He treats you like you are his only patient and gives you his time and attention. He made me feel at ease and confident in my surgery. I would recommend anyone go to Dr. Brass for surgery.
West Winfield, NY |
I had absolute confidence in Dr. Brass' skill when I asked him to remove my cataracts, and he proved me right. Excellent results, called me personally the evening after each surgery, everything very professional. Plus, he's fun to talk to.
Clifton Park, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass. He was wonderful. It was a great experience, a piece of cake. No pain. I hate the drops, but its only for a month!
in Schenectady, NY |
Dr. Brass is an excellent dr.. I would highly recommend him for any type of eye surgery. When I had my first cataract surgery I was a little nervous but Dr. Brass put me right at ease. The surgery was over before I knew it so when it came for my other eye it was like a walk in the park. If I could give him 100 Gold Stars I would because I feel he's worth it. His staff is excellent as well. Always always very pleasant and very easy to talk to.
in New York, NY |
I would like to thank Dr. Robert Brass and his staff for helping my dear friend to see again. She had a tough cateract and was apprehensive. Through his guidance and incredible surgical skills, her experience was one of compassion and happiness . Donna Tuttle
Clifton Park, NY |
I recently had cataract surgery done by Dr. Brass. I highly recommend him, his staff, and the staff of the surgery center. My vision is excellent, the procedure painless, and I had absolutely no problems whatsoever. I had laser surgery and the whole process from start to finish was fully explained to me by both the doctor and his staff. The staff are efficient, well informed, and friendly. The doctor even personally called at night to see how I was doing and to answer any questions I had!
Latham, NY |
I found cataract surgery to be no muss, no fuss. The most annoying thing was having to use the eye drops! The staff is courteous. Dr. Brass explains things so people like me can understand it. I liked the fact that Dr. Brass called me at home the night I had my eye surgery to see how I was doing and answer any questions after my eye surgery. I can't remember any doctor calling me to see how I was doing.
Latham, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass one week ago. Already, my vision is 20/15. I can see the golf ball further that I ever did. Last night I won my match! The surgery was much easier than expected. I have claustrophobia, and I had no problem with surgery.
Latham, NY |
See Dr. Brass for your cataract surgery. It was a seemless operation. Everything worked out well. He always answered our questions. I can see so much better. I would highly recommend the surgery.
in Rensselaer, NY |
Dr Brass is by far the very best eye doctor around. I have been to 6 different Doctors within the past year. Each Dr referred me to another ,and another. I have macular degeniration , drisen corneas, cataracts, stigmatism, and ulcers.Dr Brass is so very easy going ,and reassuring. He performed surgery on my cataract in my left eye on June 6th, and cataract surgery on my right eye on June 19th .He calls you personally the night of the surgery to see how you are doing. He even gives you his
Latham, NY |
Don't hesitate to have cataract surgery done! I had good results.
Clifton Park, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass. It wasn't scary at all. Dr Brass made the whole procedure enjoyable. No surprises. The outcome was as expected, 20/20!
Clifton Park, NY |
My experience was the tops. Dr. Brass and his staff are excellent. The surgery center was great. I would highly recommend cataract surgery. You don't realize what you are not seeing until after you have had the cataract surgery!
in Delmar, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass. He is true professionals, caring, kind, and willing to meet patient’s special needs. Everyone at Dr. Brass' office was so nice. I have had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend him.
Latham, NY |
If you have cataracts, definitely have cataract surgery. The procedure is painless, and the results are incredible.I would only have Dr Brass do my cataract surgery! The Brass Eye Center is the best medical office I have ever been to. Their expertise and willingness to explain things are wonderful. The office is modern and clean.
Latham, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass. Don't be afraid of cataract surgery. I had a wonderful experience. The surgery center also did a nice job. I would tell anyone who is considering cataract surgery they should do it. Everyone at Dr. Brass' office was so nice. I had been seeing another eye doctor in the area, but I am much happier at Brass Eye Center. I even talked my husband into switching to Brass Eye Center!
in Lake George, NY |
Dr. Brass & Dr. Alexander are true professionals, caring, kind, and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them. Their staff, (Laurie, Danielle, Jim,etc.) too, are kind, courteous and always willing to help. Great team, true professionals and if I could give higher then a (5) star I would. A real class act!!! If you are searching for eye doctor, contact lens specialist; look no further. Dr. Brass and his team are the best!! Thank you Dr. Brass & Dr. Alexander & team!!!
Latham, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass. It's Amazing. It's been perfect. My eyes are clear. I can see again. The best part is that I can see without my glasses.
Latham, NY |
The surgery went well, the colors are so bright. Dr. Brass and the surgery center were wonderful. I was apprehensive before I did it, but I am glad I did.
Latham, NY |
Very professional operation. The staff members were very courteous. Excellent experience. Highly recommended. Dr. Brass is great!
in Clifton Park, NY |
I feel very fortunate to have had Dr Brass do my cataract surgeries. His qualifications and experience made this a totally positive correction of my blurry, cloudy vision. The office staff was very knowledgeable and professional while answering any questions or concerns I had. Now I can go about my daily activities with perfectly clear vision. I had no infection and always felt I was receiving the most thoughtful comfortable care possible. I can highly recommended Dr Brass and his staff!
in Averill Park, NY |
For the 7 plus years that I have been going to see Dr. Brass, I can not say enough great things about this doctor! All of his patients that I chatted with today in the waiting room, said exactly the same thing! They conveyed to me that he is absolutely their very favorite doctor!!!! And I need to mention too that he has an amazing skilled and friendly staff that support him!
Clifton Park, NY |
I had cataract surgery a week ago with the laser. It was a piece of cake. Dr. Brass was very pleasant and explained everything before surgery. My vision is 20/20 without glasses in the distance. Dr. Brass reassured me, and I would reassure anyone that they should go forward with cataract surgery. The laser costs extra money, but it's worth it!
Clifton Park, NY |
Cataract surgery is much easier than you would imagine. I had cataract surgery with Dr. Brass and experienced dramatic improvement. Everything is so clear and bright. I was pleased with the clarity of instructions and explanations about surgery. I never felt rushed.
Schenectady, NY |
I had cataract surgery on both eyes done in March by Dr. Brass. It was such a pleasant experience! I had no idea what to expect and he put me at ease from my first appointment. The staff are great and his offices are very nice! The best part is i came out with 20/20 vision! I don't even need reading glasses! Incredible! I couldn't be happier and would encourage everyone in need of a great eye doctor to call Dr. Brass.
in Clifton Park NY |
Dr. Brass recently performed eye surgery to remove a cataract on my left eye. This is my second such procedure since the first was done some three years ago on my right eye by a different Opthamologist. To say that Dr. Brass is thorough and professional is an understatement. He is both professional and caring. His staff reflects those same values and they are all caring and professional as well. There is simply no comparison with my previous experience with a different Dr. and practice.
Latham, NY |
Dr. Brass is very thorough. He takes his time with you, and explains everything. The office is wonderful, every one is so kind. Dr. Brass is interested in his patients, and wants them to be happy. The office has all of the state of the art equipment. I highly recommend Dr. Brass.
in Averill Park, NY |
Dr. Brass is without a doubt the best doctor I have ever visited. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind and thorough. I recommend him without reservation.
My daughter recently had an appointment in the new Clifton Park office. She has been a long time patient of another area office and has a tendency to pass out easily when they put eyedropper in her eyes. She was very nervous about going to a new Dr since she has this issue but we had a wonderful experience. The front desk staff were pleasant and the nurse, Ashley, that took us in for her exam was wonderful. She made my daughter very comfortable and wwe were very happy with our choice here.
Latham, NY |
It was a piece of cake. I had cataract surgery, and I would recommend it to everybody.
in Waterford, NY |
I want to say Thank You to Dr. R. Brass and his Entire Staff for the care I've received Before, During and After my cataract surgeries. They are all so very compassionate. Dr. Brass takes the time to explain what is involved with eye cataract surgery, and I felt so educated going into this surgery. Brass Eye Center is where I will go to for all my eye needs.
Wilton NY |
I had researched for a cataract surgeon for the past two years with a requirement for laser incision, I spoke with many and Dr Brass was recommended by two opticians that I regularly use and by friends that have had the procedure. I have been tremendously impressed and satisfied with the results and his handling of the entire process.
Clifton Park, NY |
Dr. Brass is the BEST! I have suffered with severe dry eye as part of my Sjogren's Syndrome. Many eye doctors over many years were unable to help. When I first found Dr. Brass, he took time and listened to my history and my frustrations and, after examining me, said I was the "worst case of dry eye I have ever seen." I knew it had to be true as I was miserable. Dr. Brass worked with me and remained committed to trying several different solutions until he was successful. I feel terrific.
Latham, NY |
From start to finish Dr. Brass and his cataract surgery team Kara and Kathy were extremely helpful and explained what I as a patient should expect in regards to each surgery. I also took advantage of transportation offered. Dr. Brass gave me a wonderful outcome!
Clifton Park, NY |
I was very satisfied with the whole experience, and would recommend Dr. Brass and his staff to others for cataract surgery.
Clifton Park, NY |
Golfing one day, I asked a friend how she could see the ball so clearly from our distance. She explained she had monovision cataract surgery done by Dr Brass. Knowing I was a candidate, I made an appointment. In meeting Dr Brass, he was careful to explain the surgery and put me right at ease. I had both eyes done and am completely happy with the results. Colors are brighter, I have no problem with distance or reading without glasses. I would recommend Dr. Brass to anyone considering eye surgery.
in Ft Plain, NY |
When I knew it was time to take care of my worsening cataracts, I checked the internet for reviews and found the Brass Eye Center to be 5 star rated. So, I made my appointment, and from my first visit until Dr Roth performed eye surgery on each eye, I am more convinced of their 5 star rating. From scheduling, to my exams, to surgeries, and post operative care, I have been treated with respect and care all along the way. I will recommend Brass Eye Center to anyone seeking cataract care.
Clifton Park, NY |
I had cataract surgery and I am thrilled. My vision is so much clearer and brighter. Everyone at the surgery center was so pleasant. I would recommend Dr. Brass for cataract surgery to anyone with cataracts.
Clifton Park, NY |
I thought the procedure went great! It really was that easy. If anyone is worrying, don't even hesitate. It's just amazing.
in Albany, NY |
As the former wife of a heart surgeon, I know that the last thing a person wants to be is an "interesting patient." But, that was what I turned out to be. What Dr. Brass found when he went in to replace the lens in my left eye was a natural lens covered with a cataract floating around unsupported by the normal suspensory ligaments. With untold skill and diligence he implanted a lens, supported it with a ring, and followed my case for months to insure total recovery. He rates ten stars.
in Troy, NY |
I've had both eyes done for cataract surgery. Dr. Brass and his staff were very kind, professional and made you feel comfortable. I would highly recommend Dr. Brass.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Brass, MD?
Are you Dr. Brass?