Dr. Robert Boykin, MD

Sports Medicine •  Male • Age 40

Dr. Boykin

AdventHealth Hendersonville

100 Hospital Dr Hendersonville, NC 28792

Dr. Robert Boykin, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Hendersonville, NC and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of North Carolina medical school in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities AdventHealth Hendersonville and Mission Hospital - Asheville. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Boykin to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

See similar Sports Medicine Specialists in Hendersonville

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Boykin accepts

Dr. Boykin accepts the following insurance:

Blue Card

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Release
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Humerus
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Robert Boykin, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Boykin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Boykin

96.99248120300751%

Dr. Boykin?
Dr Boykin in a very caring and superior doctor. He preformed a total shoulder replacement on me and could not have been more amazed in how little pain and how successful it was.I would recommend him to anybody needing surgery!
Samuel C Alexander – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Extremely thorough to understand my exact issues, truly empathetic and reactive to pain levels and symptoms, and absolutely expert in final results. Extremely attentive to my post-op PT plan, to make sure all surgical benefits achieved were retained and optimized. Dr. Boykin came HIGHLY recommended to me by several prominent physicians in the field!
Joseph Stritch – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
I was sent to Blue Ridge EmergeOrtho by my company. Dr. Boykin quickly diagnosed the problem and he took all the necessary steps - leading to surgery due to damaged/torn labrum on my right shoulder. Dr. Boykin's professionalism, detailed oriented, and caring personalty was shown during every single office visit. Based on my personal experience, I am very grateful that Dr. Boykin was the one that performed this surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Boykin's practice and service to anyone with shoulder problems. Please allow me to mention the names of a few other employees whose effort to improve my health condition was recognized. Dr. Chris - I am sorry I do not remember his last name. Special thanks to the Physical Therapists - Jeff and especially Vivian. Thank you indeed!
Artur L. – Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Quality care and compassionate doctor. Excellent office and nursing staff!
Diane Warden – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Great person, Great Doctor and very informative about every tiny detail of all Procedures he’s about to preform.
Jack Thomas – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Dr.Boykin and PE Chris are the best also the whole staff are great.
Michael Brown – Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Had full shoulder surgery, along with repairing my rotator cuff and biceps tendon in early March. Prior to the surgery I experienced numerous sharp pains [ #5-#8 ] throughout the entire day. Post surgery, my pain was almost non-existent. My range of motion is where it was about 15 years ago. I called Dr. Boykin in April on my birthday to thank him for the overwhelming gift of no pain! I have recommended him multiple times to my friends and neighbors. He is truly a godsend!
Ron Dvoretz – Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Great experience! Good result!
Richard Stricker – Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
I chose to speak with Dr. Boykin initially because of his exemplary academic background and professional training. When I met with Dr. Boykin, I discovered that he is an avid tennis player, as am I, with an amazing background with international professional tennis players. In completing my examination, Dr. Boykin advised that my shoulder condition was extreme. He recommended shoulder replacement, which was done. I recently had my six month checkup and the shoulder replacement is in perfect position. I have diligently adhered to the stretching, band and weight program which is a time consuming, but necessary requirement for recovery. I have almost full range of motion and flexibility. I anticipate full recovery. I am playing golf without pain and will soon resume tennis. I attribute this success to Dr. Boykin-his excellent judgment and surgical skill. I also found Dr. Boykin to be a compassionate, caring physician who truly cares about his patients. I am very grateful to him.
Richard Trevathan – May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
I have nothing but kudos for Dr. Boykin. I was able to have surgery just before the COVID virus appeared and consider myself very blessed. .Doctor explained the procedure to me and answered all questions I may have asked.Dr. Boykin has a very calming manner and seems to sincerely care re his patients. Generous w/his time, patient,and very reassuring and, I must add a jolly good sense of humour. I now have a new shoulder-the works-and am recovering very nicely.Am grateful that I can call on him or his PA when I might need to.Dr. B is awesome and .at top of my list to be recommended.
sara g fiquet – May 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
After 5 years of being bounced around from one doctor to another with all of them telling me they couldn't find anything wrong or you're too old at age 53 for surgery to do any good, I met Dr. Boykin. Dr. Boykin was nothing but positive yet realistic. I had a torn labrum with a cyst and born spurs in my shoulder. Doc assured me he could repair this with surgery and while I wouldn't be as good as new, I'm 53 after all, if I stuck to PT after surgery my pain level would be significantly reduced and I would regain most of the mobility in my arm. Just three months after surgery I am doing awesome and pain free. Thank you Dr. Boykin, I was in a very dark place before meeting you.
May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Dr. Boykin quickly diagnosed the source of significant pain in my right hip - a chunk of cartilage having broken free - and based on his consultation I agreed that arthroscopic surgery to remove the cartilage and clean up the hip joint was our best course of action. I rate the experience 10 out of 10 on all accounts from initial exam to surgery to follow up to responsiveness to questions to exit diagnostic.
May 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
I am very pleased with my knee surgery and follow up with Dr Boykin. He was meticulous and walked through the surgery, pictures, and recovery to make me feel comfortable at all times. I would highly recommend him!
Wendi Witek – May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
I was referred to Dr Boykin for a total shoulder replacement after a failed rotator cuff repair by another Orthopedic MD. By the time I got to him it was a complete tear. Day to day living with zero activity was excrutiating pain, there was never a comfortable position day or night. Dr Boykin evaluated my shoulder and suggested a total reversal. I knew within the first 24 hours this surgery was different. The post op pain was not comparable with the first. The pain had been reduced to tolerable almost immediately. I am not 4 months out from that procedure and have little to no pain at all and am back to a range of motion I have not had in years. I cannot recommend Dr Boykin highly enough. It is without total reservation or hesitation I totally recommend Dr Boykin.
Patti A – Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Dr. Boykin did an amazing job on my shoulder. He knew that my rotator cuff was torn farley significantly but once he began the procedure he also had to repair my labrum and 2 bicep tears. I am 5 months out from surgery and in the 95% and couldn't be more pleased. Between the time and care he and his PA took from before then to after surgery is truly remarkable. I know he is in high demand and it is hard getting in to see him. But the wait is worth it. I know several people that have used other doctors and have not had the success that I have. Thank you again Dr. Boykin and your staff for the remarkable work into getting me back to where I was before the accident.
Christina Johnson – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Following a fall & a trip to Urgent Care in Jan. 2020, that left me with a shoulder injury; I was told to see an orthopedic doctor. I was not given a name of who to see, so i went online to search for the best shoulder doctor in Asheville. Dr. Boykin's name appeared & after seeing he was given a 5 star rating, read over his reviews & saw where my GI Doc had been his patient & had given him an excellent review. So I called & made an appointment. He is an excellent doctor & very friendly & professional. Explained everything about my shoulder & how to treat & care for shoulder. I decided against surgery & he agreed with me. I had one session with PT & followed ed up with monthly visit with Dr Boykin until he discharged me. Told me to come back prn if shoulder ever bothered me again. I gave Dr. Boykin a 5 star rating but would have given him many more stars if allowed. He is the best & his office staff is great too. I highly recommend him to anyone with shoulder problems.
Debra P. – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
I needed help with my shoulder. I am very happy with the medical care I received from Dr.Boykin . The entire office staff were professional and kind. Thank you! I will recommend EmergeOrtho BlueRidge Division to my friends and family!
Maria W. – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Dr. Boykin was thorough, knowledgeable and helpful to me after my shoulder injury. I would definitely recommend him to others.
Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr. Boykin as he diagnosed my knee injury as a bucket handle meniscus tear. He repaired the injury by way of arthroscopic surgery. The surgery went extremely well, and I had only mild pain and/or discomfort for a few days following the surgery. After that, I only experienced occasional minor discomfort for the next few weeks. It has been less than two months since the surgery, and I am doing extremely well -- the recovery has been amazing. I am now back to using my injured leg as if it had never been injured. I'm grateful that Dr. Boykin was responsible for repairing the most severe meniscus injury that one could have. I very highly recommend him. I have absolutely no complaints about him or the care for which he provided me. In fact, all I have is excellent things to say about him and the care for which he provided me. He is an excellent doctor.
Adam Mills – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?
Dr. Boykin did surgery on my right shoulder in September 2019. I first injured it 35 years ago and did not get it treated. I ended up with limited range of motion and constant discomfort. After reinjuring it I sought help at the Blue Ridge Bone and Joint. I was concerned that having an old injury in addition to the new tears would create a poor outcome but, I am thrilled to say that my shoulder is pain free and I have complete range of motion! Thank you Dr. Boykin !! He is truly the BEST!!
Suzanne Howard – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Boykin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Boykin?

Dr. Robert Boykin is an orthopedic surgeon at EmergeOrtho, Blue Ridge Bone Division in Asheville, NC. As a fellowship trained sports medicine and shoulder surgeon, he specializes in disorders of the shoulder, knee, and hip in addition to all sports r...Read more

• Sports Medicine

Beth Israel Deaconess / Harvard Medical School
2002
University Of North Carolina

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Boykin communicate via email?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Boykin offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Boykin offer an online patient portal?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Boykin have free onsite parking?

1 user said yes. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Boykin offer weekend visits?

1 user said no. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Boykin offer evening visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

Please call the office to learn more. (828) 684-8501