Dr. Robert Boretz, MD

Non-Surgical Orthopedics | Male

Center for Ortho Care at SMG 215 Union Ave Ste B Bridgewater, NJ 08807 Get Directions
Dr. Robert Boretz, MD
Dr. Robert Boretz, MD is a non-surgical orthopedics doctor who practices in Bridgewater, NJ. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Boretz is affiliated with RWJ University Hospital Somerset.

Dr. Boretz's Care Philosophy

My approach to patient care is to educate, be compassionate and provide the best care possible.

Dr. Boretz's Experience

See how Dr. Boretz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Boretz

Dr. Boretz accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Boretz is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Boretz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Boretz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Boretz to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Boretz's Performance
I had gone to Dr. Boretz after injuring my hand at work. I liked that his first instinct wasn't to perform surgery or send me for expensive diagnostic tests. He was conservative in his approach but knowledgeable. He seemed genuinely concerned for my well being and wanted to make sure whatever we decided that I was comfortable with it. I'm currently 3 months post-op and feel great! I'm back to doing what I normally do for the 1st time in over a year! I couldn't be happier.
Belle Mead, NJ |
I was recently treated by Dr. Boretz for a broken wrist. From the first visit he put me at ease and mapped out our plan for treatment. I was scheduled quickly for surgery. The surgery went well and he was very helpful in managing my pain. The recovery went well and he gave me exercises to do to regain my range of motion. I was able to do the exercises at home without having to do PT. His staff was very professional and I had no problem scheduling appointments. Highly recommend
in Somerset, NJ |
Dr. Boretz was very professional and knowledgeable. He explained what he needed to do to repair my smashed wrist. He was patient in answering all my questions. I never felt rushed. He guided me through surgery and recovery. Worked on my wrist until he was satisfied it was as perfect as he could make it. I am recovering well, had very little discomfort. I am looking forward to a complete recovery and have Dr. Boretz to thank for that. I highly reccommed him.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Dr. Boretz performed a complex tendon transfer and wrist stabilization on my right hand.. The surgery went very well and I'm very pleased with the results. This is the second time Dr. Boretz has performed surgery on my hand - 16 years ago he treated carpal tunnel, also with very good results. I recommend him highly.
Dunellen, NJ |
Dr. Boretz is a very talented surgeon and is compassionate about helping his patients. He recently performed hand surgery on me for carpal tunnel and a trigger finger. 24 hours after surgery all of the symptoms were completely gone and my hand is 100% better. He has a good bedside manner and explains everything clearly and is happy to answer any questions. I highly recommend him.
Bridgewater, NJ |
I was happy with Dr Boretz; however the office staff was another matter. It is often difficult to get through to the staff. I was planing to schedule a procedure. After calling 6 times and leaving a voicemail 4 times, I gave up. I never heard back from the surgical coordinator. I ended up scheduling the procedure with a hand surgeon from a different practice.
Basking Ridge, NJ |
This doctor may be knowledgeable but his bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. I had a broken arm and he was incredibly rough with me on my first visit. He didn't seem to be care how much pain I was having and rushed me through that appointment and every one that followed. The visits totaled over $3500 out of pocket for me and I paid everything, or so I thought. Months later I received a letter for a collection agency for $150 with no warning from his office. Terrible service!
in Hillsborough, NJ |
It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. I had carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery on my left hand.
in Whithouse Station, NJ |
Dr. Boretz is a knowledgeable professional. He confirmed my carpal tunnel in both hands and explained my options. Although he stated he prefers doing one procedure at a time, Dr. Boretz listened to my reasoning and agreed to completing the procedure on both hands at the same time. He went on to thoughtfully explain how he approaches the surgery and why, as well as what I could expect afterwards. I am thrilled to report that I was typing the next day & returned to work earlier than expected.
in Middlesex , NJ |
Dr. Boretz examined my wrist and informed me of my options. We choose a conservative route initially and after returning in 5 days, it became clear that surgery would give me the best results . He explained the break shown on the x-ray and explained the procedure. My surgery went well. It healed quickly. I was very pleased with my outcome.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
Recently had a prodcedure on a second finger due to Dupuytreins Contracture. Both times, from start to finish, my care was wonderful. Will alwaysd recommend Dr. Boretz to all.
in Branchburg, NJ |
Dr Boretz did surgery on my ring finger because I have trigger finger. I was immediately using the finger afterwards. The entire experience was great and I am now using this finger to type.
in Bedminster, NJ |
I had an appointment on Monday, April 25, 2016 with Dr. Robert S. Boretz, M.D. As he specializes in orthopedic hand surgery, I found him very professional, and his knowledge of my issue with my right thumb was immediately told to me within the 1st minute of my appointment. He diagnosed me as having a trigger thumb. He administered 2 shots of cortisone and told me this method should work for a while as it is not a complete cure as arthritis has set in also. No surgery is needed.
New Jersey |
I found I had unexpected confidence with Dr. Boretz. I had immediate attention and surgery for a broken wrist. All my questions were answered, although some of the side effects from my surgery were a startling surprise, the shakes and a log for an arm!
Have you seen Dr. Robert Boretz, MD?
Are you Dr. Boretz?

Compare Dr. Boretz

Dr. Boretz's Care Philosophy

Dr. Boretz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Non-Surgical Orthopedics
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Boretz has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Boretz's Board Certifications

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

New England Medical Center

Completed in 2001

University at Albany

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Boretz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boretz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Hip Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection