Dr. Robert Bloom, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Bloom

Bloom Family Eye Surgeons

1 Childrens Plz Dayton, OH 45404

Dr. Robert Bloom, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Dayton, OH and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from Ohio State University College Of Medicine and Public Health in 1989 and specializes in ophthalmology.

Dr. Bloom's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bloom

2.4

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Bloom?
Dr. Bloom's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Bloom, MD
My 8 year old has type 1 diabetes, was dx at 2.5. My son has seen Dr. R. Bloom the last 4 years, every year. Today will be our last visit, as Dr Bloom felt it necessary to stress how important annual visits were and that diabetes will cause blindness. All in front of my child, who is scared of dying anyway. No bedside manor, compassion. Save yourself the headache and grief.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
He has been No. 1 in process of saving my sight , very friendly and sympathetic . Makes you feel like family !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
The doctor himself was fine but the shop to get the frames is very lacking in customer service. Not at all helpful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
This office is a joke,Dr Bloom will only spend maybe 5 min with you if you are lucky.My 2 year old was needing glasses & also had amblyopia in 1 eye.When we went back for a follow up I explained that the same eye is still turning in & I feel he needed to increase the glasses prescription since it seemed like he was still unable to see.After again only 5 min in room he wanted to patch.We got a 2nd opinion & he needed a WAY stronger prescription & now doesn't need to patch with the right glasses.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
The worst. Do not trust this practice with your child. Do yourself a favor and make the drive to another hospital. He misdiagnosed our daughter after a ten minute exam. We went to get a second opinion and now we are with one of the countries top pediatric eye doctors. He didn’t have the decency to refer us off when he really did not know. To top it off every provider at other facilities know he is awful. I hope I’ve saved one family the agony.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
Doctors don't spend enough time with patients. Optical staff very rude and do not know how to fit glasses. They will completely bend ear piece down and ask "is this ok"? Now I'm 50 and my daughter is 10, we both bought glasses and treated us the same smart-alec way. Warranty stinks compared to other places. Just don't buy glasses there! Just received bill 7/18 for 1/18 service and they have charged me 3 months in late fees. This the first bill I have received???
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
Staff and doctor very rude and discourteous. He acted as if he didn't have time for my son, who has a brain injury and was on a stretcher. His staff wasn't pleased that we were there and stood around staring and whispering. Dr. Bloom also was not gentle with my son, he yanked his eyes down and dropped in eye drops without even telling him first. I guess he thought since he was nonverbal he didn't need to be kind. Will not go back again. He spent approximately 2 minutes in the room with us.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
Dr. Bloom is ok, however the wait time is long. He is so busy, I felt rushed and didn’t feel he had answered my questions. As far as his staff go, the women in the optical shop are disinterested and unprofessional. I had an issue which required talking to a manager. She was extremely rude and unhelpful. There are far more eye care options in the area than this practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
Love the office Doctors are great friendly atmosphere!! Very knowledgeable staff & Doctors!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
I have been to alot of optometrist but Dr Rob Bloom is by far one of the best!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
My 14 month old sees him every six months and this past visit she developed an infection in both eyes after being dialated. Needless to say seeing her primary doc tomorrow or possibly emergency room.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
My daughter has a lazy eye and for 3 years all he did was a 5 minute appt where he told me to patch her good eye all day long. It never got better or improved at all. She was constantly running into things and did very bad at school. I highly recommend that if you have a lazy eye you see someone else who will give you exercises or other alternatives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
By far worst experience ever. The office is chaotic and Doctor bloom does NOT listen to a word you say. Pretty much called my daughter a liar and was quick to leave. Even rephrasing words in his patient record and putting things that were incurrent even after I corrected him. Would NEVER RECOMMEND HIS OFFICE TO ANYONE
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
He has been treating our daughter with JRA since 2003. He has been a tremendous help to her success and well being. Personable, detailed and exceptionally knowledgeable. We are very grateful for his care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
Dr. Bloom runs his practice with the only positive is that they can fit you in and see you today; however, his care that he provides is sub par and most patients would likely do better seeing a practitioner the next day rather than trying to get into see him the same day. He doesn't listen to a word you say and backs out of the door as you ask questions. Terrible experience with a terrible doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?
I believe he is a good doctor or I wouldn't be taking my granddaughter to him. He has taken care of her since she was 8 years old and she is 15 now. He answers our questions and seems to be very caring about children.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Bloom, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bloom?

• Ophthalmology

1993
1990
1989

Dr. Bloom accepts

Dr. Bloom accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Bloom's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bloom's Top Procedures and Conditions

Diplopia

Dr. Bloom treats Diplopia more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Bloom treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Visual Field Defects

Dr. Bloom treats Visual Field Defects more than 63% of his peers

Dr. Bloom treats this condition more than 63% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Scotoma

• Thyroid Disease
  • Ulcer
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bloom treats patients.