Dr. Robert Bernardi III, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Olive Surgical Group 11605 Studt Ave Ste 1 Saint Louis, MO 63141 Get Directions
Dr. Robert Bernardi III, MD
Dr. Robert Bernardi III, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Bernardi III is affiliated with Missouri Baptist Medical Center and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital.

Dr. Bernardi III's Experience

See how Dr. Bernardi III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bernardi III

Dr. Bernardi III accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Bernardi III is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bernardi III has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bernardi III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bernardi III to family and friends
Dr. Bernardi III's Performance
in St Louis, MO |
I have severe back pain. I've struggled for 2 yrs with no resolve. Dr Bernardi was fantastic upon 1st visit. He ordered an MRI because he wasn't pleased with the 4 I had ALREADY paid for in the last 2 yrs. his PA called me and ordered ANOTHER SI Injection. The injection did nothing. I called to follow up and was told by the PA "there is nothing wrong with your back." "Get another injection." "Sorry, not sure what to tell you." I paid for a dr, not a PA. My pain isn't coming from no where!
in Belleville, IL |
Dr. Bernardi did my cervical surgery 10 years ago. I have had 5 cervical surgeries, but none have come close to excellent results and care I got from Dr. Bernardi. I can sincerely say I am devastated that he no longer takes my insurance. I continue to check over the years when I have had to have repeated surgeries. Best experience I've had for a difficult time. Highly, highly recommended.
in Anna |
I am greatly impressed with Dr Bernardo and his staff. I have had my back surgery and am doing great. I highly recommend Dr Bernardi. I am the second one in my family that Dr B has performed surgery on.
in St Charles, MO |
We found Dr. Bernardi to be conservative regarding surgery, competent, professional, personable, and very helpful during post-op and healing. His staff was my lifeline from first call through post-op. Had two lumbar surgeries 5 months apart, 2009-10. Excellent results. Outpatient-same day. Barnes West Hospital excellent.
in Troy, IL |
A well-known/respected surgical group in STL recommended a fusion for the pain that occurred in my leg & hip when standing or walking. Dr. Bernardi felt it could be eliminated with a much less drastic outpatient surgery. Within days of my appointment, I received his report explaining the findings we had discussed during the visit (very helpful). I had surgery 3 weeks ago. It went very well and I am pain free. I am so thankful that I learned about Dr. Bernardi & am grateful for his skills.
in Millstadt, IL |
Will not recommend. Pain never went away after 5 yrs after L5/S1 fusion and still searching for a physician who can do minimally invasive repair. Still have pain every day and dumbness in my leg. He did not have good patient manners, either.
in Greenville, IL |
Excellent surgeon. Two 1/2 years ago I was walking with a walker & having great pain in lower back. I felt relief from the pain immediately after surgery & even stopped to eat at a restaurant on the way home that same day.
in Chesterfield, MO |
Dr. Bernardi is personable, has a dry sense of humor and skillfully puts patients at ease. In addition to his superior clinical expertise, he is humanistic and makes the patient and the patient's family feel comfortable.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Bernardi III, MD?
Are you Dr. Bernardi III?

Compare Dr. Bernardi III

Dr. Bernardi III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. Bernardi III has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bernardi III's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis

St Louis Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1987

St Louis University School Of Med

Dr. Bernardi III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bernardi III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neurostimulation