Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 81

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Toms River, NJ and has over 55 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Missouri--Columbia School Of Medicine medical school in 1967. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD

Robert M Berkowitz MD PA

448 Lakehurst Rd Toms River, NJ 08755

Compare with other Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Berkowitz with our nearby Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists at Hackensack Meridian Health Ocean Medical Center Brick.

Make an appointment at Hackensack Meridian Health Ocean Medical Center Brick today at (732) 201-3872.

These providers are on the medical staff of Hackensack Meridian Health Ocean Medical Center Brick.

Dr. Berkowitz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Berkowitz

3.2

Dr. Berkowitz

Great Doctor. I would recommend this doctor.
Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD?
Saw this Dr when I was a teenager. He told my parents to put me in a place for depression. He misdiagnosed me I wind up having Lyme Disease. My parents wanted the best care for me and they didn't even take the insurance back than. A horrible Dr he should of been put in a mental ward. I would definitely not recommend him. Surprise he not retiree yet..keep looking there are more caring and compassionate Drs out there.
May 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD?
Dr. Berkowitz has been helping me deal with depression problems for quite some time. He is not only very wise but is also kind and understanding. When an emergency hospitalism was needed, he responded immediately to provide care.
Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD?
Dr Berkowitz is a very kind and understanding physician. I couldn't find a doctor that would treat all my needs. I had to see 3 different doctors. 1 didn't take my insurance so I had to pay for each visit. The other one had me see her associate first so there was 2 copays. Dr Berkowitz was so kind and understanding, he has a high heart and he took care of all my needs so instead of 3 doctors I have only one. He didn't have to do what he did but because he did he's saving me over $300 per month.
Grace in Forked River, NJ – Oct 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD?
I would NEVER recommend anyone to this doctor. He is a very rude man. It was my first time taking my client to him and I was shocked at how rude he was. Kept cutting both of us off, putting his hand up and would not allow her to really explain how she was feeling. Currently finding her someone else to go to. I'm appalled this man is even a doctor! Please think twice before seeing him.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berkowitz?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

1968
Usphs Hospital
1967
University Of Missouri--Columbia School Of Medicine

Is Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Berkowitz's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Berkowitz accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Berkowitz frequently treats Major Depressive Disorder, Psychosis Due to Mental Illness, and Anxiety. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Berkowitz treats.

Where is Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD's office located?

Dr. Berkowitz's office is located at 448 Lakehurst Rd, Toms River, NJ 08755. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Berkowitz has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Robert Berkowitz, MD?

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

• Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Berkowitz accepts