Dr. Robert Berens, MD

Telehealth services available

TMC Integrative Pain Clinic

5355 E ERICKSON DR Tucson, AZ 85712

(520) 324-2080

Dr. Robert Berens, MD is a Anesthesiology Specialist in Tucson, AZ and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson medical school in 1986. He is affiliated with Tucson Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Berens to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Anesthesiology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Berens treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Berens' conditions and procedures:

• EMG (Electromyography)
  • Medication Management
  • Transforaminal Epidural Block

Dr. Berens accepts

(520) 324-2080

Dr. Berens accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Berens' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Berens

4.3

Dr. Berens?
  • Appointment scheduling (15)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (14)
  • Office environment (14)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
Upon the advice of my GP, I consulted Dr. Berens regarding a number of extremely painful issues in my cervical and lumbar spine which had previously been diagnosed by MRIs. Based on my meetings with and, the procedure he then performed, it is my personal opinion that Dr. Berens is an extraordinary physician; clear, concise and, above all, with the ability to describe in a layperson's language, what he could, or could not do to ameliorate my condition. By the conclusion of my first visit he had gained my total trust when he recommended that he perform a Radiofrequency ablation (a procedure I had never heard of). He is personable, kind, caring, with a quiet sense of humor. His nursing staff "love him"; their words, not mine. And I can see why. The professionalism of his team, and their concern for my comfort was truly excellent. My grateful thanks to all of them. But above all my sincere thanks to Dr. Berens.
Gabrielle M Saylor – Apr 10, 2021
Thank you so much for your kind words I will...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
I was diagnosed with severe cervical spine degeneration 4 years ago. Being in tremendous pain, I researched many pain clinics. I wanted a doctor that had a dual medical degree in pain management and anesthesiology. Few fit my requirements. but Dr. Robert Berens was also affiliated with TMC Hospital. He was my choice. Dr. Berens explained to me my condition, options available, he listened to my input and together we made a customized pain management plan. He performed several tests before surgery. By doing this, assured precise surgical procedures for success. I have been total pain free ever since. Now I have lumbar issues. I went back to Dr. Berens. We are now in the testing phase. I know the results will be successful like before. I trust Dr. Berens and his fabulous staff to my pain free care.
Patricia L – Oct 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
He is outstanding in all area. His procedures relieved excruciating pain in SI and Lumbar area. So grateful for him!
Jacob Rae – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
Professional and a wonderful provider
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Schwartz – Jan 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
Dr Berens is smart and knows exactly what is needed. I trust him and that’s not easy for me to say about most doctors In Tucson
Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
Year ago April I was 70 lbs overweight, my A1c was very high, my kidney's were heading for failure, as well as other vital numbers and I was in pain. Dr Berens saved my life by taking the time and being very factual asked what was I doing to myself - it was a wake up call that I took very seriously. He explained that I had the option of turning all the bad numbers around and making them good again and that is exactly what I have done. I still have 30 more pounds to take off and I will, but it will take time. I did not go on a diet - but went on a change of thinking leading to a way of life that changed my eating habits, exercising and being more active. This doctor is the most caring doctor and I am very grateful that he took the time to help me change my life.
Bobbi – Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
Dr Berens is amazing. He takes his time with his patients, you never feel rushed.He is professional, kind and putsYou at ease while in his office.He also has the most amazing staff all the way from the front desk to the nurses. I would recommend him to any friends or family members in a heartbeat he is that good.
Jessica – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
Dr. Berens is highly professional, caring and efficient. Arthritis in my back was keeping me from many of my favorite activities - Dr. Berens gave me my life back. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Berens and two of his nursing staff, Jennifer and Manny, they are all simply wonderful.
Jan in Tucson, AZ – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
My current medical problem is the second one Dr. Berens has treated. He has always been prompt and extremely informative about procedures. He is willing to answer any questions. He and all his staff have always been courteous, helpful, competent and caring. I would recommend his services to anyone who needs help with pain relief.
Nancy Pennington in Tucson, AZ – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?
A fabulous doctor who takes the time to listen to the patient. This is very important in the current state of medicine, where doctors do not care enough to just listen to the patient's complaint. He is very knowledgeable and highly skilled in spine procedures. He treated me and relieved me of my pain, that many doctors had not been able to do. He not only is a great doctor, but has an excellent and caring staff. I would not hesitate to recommend him highly.
Steve J. in Tucson, AZ – Dec 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Berens, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berens?

• Anesthesiology